• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgefusion

Went into Brayflox last night, first time healing it, and had an awful time trying to keep up. I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong until we got to the first boss and the Pelican one-shot our tank... He hadn't unlocked Paladin yet and was trying to do it as Gladiator. The moment I mentioned it both DPS bailed, shortly followed by the tank. Luckily upon replenishing ranks I immediately got an awesome group and we beat it with ease.

This is the folly of fate grinding. When you eventually come to do a dungeon you don't have your class abilities, your job, and you haven't the slightest clue how to maintain aggro/play your class.

Sophia

This is the folly of fate grinding. When you eventually come to do a dungeon you don't have your class abilities, your job, and you haven't the slightest clue how to maintain aggro/play your class.

This is pretty much what happened in Guild Wars 2 (all FATE like events) and later World of Warcraft expansions (almost no requirements to enter dungeons until level capped / endgame raiding.) It happens in a lot of other MMOs too.

You had a player base that was not eased into mechanics and at no point was tested in their abilities. Therefore, they simply didn't learn and hit a brick wall. The end results was for every player that knew what they were doing, there was three more that didn't. Such a thing is not healthy for an MMO long term.

I am extremely thankful that FFXIV forces you into group content. It means that the player base at higher levels and the level cap is generally pretty competent, and all it takes is some good direction to make them into truly amazing players. Everyone actually learned the basics of their class and stuff.

Reknoc

I hope they don't nerf jobs just because of PvP, that would be pretty annoying.

Anyways, I think I'm gonna level BRD on my main character and MNK on my secondary character. Any decent guides? Anything I should know about?

You may as well go MNK on your main as well, since you'll have 15 levels in PUG to go BRD.

Ken

DF'd Titan EM. It was pretty amazing for how far we got even if we didn't succeed. No explanations or anything; everyone was geared and knew what they were supposed to do. I guess as time goes on these situations will become non-existent. :(

Zomba13

This is pretty much what happened in Guild Wars 2 (all FATE like events) and later World of Warcraft expansions (almost no requirements to enter dungeons until level capped / endgame raiding.) It happens in a lot of other MMOs too.

You had a player base that was not eased into mechanics and at no point was tested in their abilities. Therefore, they simply didn't learn and hit a brick wall. The end results was for every player that knew what they were doing, there was three more that didn't. Such a thing is not healthy for an MMO long term.

I am extremely thankful that FFXIV forces you into group content. It means that the player base at higher levels and the level cap is generally pretty competent, and all it takes is some good direction to make them into truly amazing players. Everyone actually learned the basics of their class and stuff.

FFXI was really good at that before it became easier to solo. It forced you to group for pretty much everything from lvl 10 so you learned your class no matter what you were leveling no matter if it was your first or fifth. In XIV 2.0 I only had MNK at a highish level (39 I think it was) so went though all the content as SMN so learned the fights etc via story content and then when I was leveling PLD I did the dungeons at every step so I learned how to properly tank in this game. I grinded FATEs for the exp though but I did all the dungeons along the way (except Aurum Vale because fuck that place. It smells).

desu

DF'd Titan EM. It was pretty amazing for how far we got even if we didn't succeed. No explanations or anything; everyone was geared and knew what they were supposed to do. I guess as time goes on these situations will become non-existent. :(

Got post heart on my first Duty Finder Titan Ex 2 days after the release of 2.1!

Since then, parties have been pretty shitty. People go in there without ever checking the fight beforehand = wasting the time of other people.

Ken

Got post heart on my first Duty Finder Titan Ex 2 days after the release of 2.1!

Since then, parties have been pretty shitty. People go in there without ever checking the fight beforehand = wasting the time of other people.

Yeah was able to get some good practice on adds phase which was a lot more than I expected.

UrSuLeTzU

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Lord of all the land (Kupo!)

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Rules with iron hand

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Leads the brave and true!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Now come along and meet his trusty crew!
Kupo!

Kupta Kapa will clip your tuft
Split your hairs and ruffle your fluff

Kupti Koop will throw you for a loop
Brave a wall of whiskers to find his troupe

Kupli Kipp is sly yet sweet
He'll tickle your nose then tickle your feet

Jolly Kogi's eye for fun is clear
He'll put an arrow straight in your rear!

Pukla Puki plays with fire
Poms a-burning on her pyre

Puksi Piko likes her buddies big
To sing a little song and dance a little jig

Pukna Pako shivers and shakes
She'll stick you in the gut and give you bellyaches

And who's behind them, standing tall?
Why, the biggest moogle of them all!

(Who!? Who!? Whoever could it be!?)

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Kind and noble lord (hear, hear!)

Nod your noggle nog
And mind your gob
Or he'll put you to the sword!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
His judgment you will dread

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
What do you decree?
What do you decree?
What do you decree?

Off with their heads!

For realz? rofl xD

UrSuLeTzU

Damn, I have to beat Garuda today and at least try to DF Titan EM a few times.

Nose Master

Duty Roulette finds some gems sometime. Had a BLM (not a THM) last night sleeping adds, then immediately casting Fire II. I asked him why and he told me to shut up and tank. >_>;

Mr. RHC

Duty Roulette finds some gems sometime. Had a BLM (not a THM) last night sleeping adds, then immediately casting Fire II. I asked him why and he told me to shut up and tank. >_>;

Hahahaha, can't believe it. Special tactics!

goose-laughing.gif

BLCKATK

Just a random thought, but it's pretty interesting to me that in this patch we actually got a lot of awesome music. The Pharos Sirius theme, all of the Crystal Tower music, the new Revenant's Toll theme and the return of some great 1.0 tracks. Makes me really hopeful for future patches.

Sin

Excal here too

I saw people seemingly botting their chocobo exp a few weeks ago. Yesterday I saw someone botting Apkallu egg farming, claiming way too fast, and his speed wasn't effected by any other mob in his way. I had 2 pets, and the crab fate all up in his face and it claimed every apkallu past my shadowflare, and miasma 2 when my cast spam matched right as the things spawned. He never moved other than the auto face target when he claimed.

Vid of a bot (the guy was going to farm something but he showed how to disrupt the bot). I did this for the bots at Deadly Devices to level my chocobo with the bots killing everything I pulled. They couldn't kill everything ready for the next spawn like apkallus though.

There's always someone bot farming Fleece south of Dragonhead on Excalibur, blatantly teleporting from one mob to the other instantly.

I have reported multiple people but still see them botting there weeks after it happens.

Sidenote: What's your name on Excalibur, Ploid. I'm Nume Nushi.

kiryogi

Banned
yeah until the small CR2025 battery runs out.

software authenticator is still the safest way. just remember to backup your phone and you're golden

I think the hardware token is safer considering how unstable the software token is as seen in former reports. The battery lasts a hell of a long time. Be it having to wipe your phone, or the software itself bugging out. Can't say I was a huge fan of Blizzard's, but then again they had absolutely prompt customer service.

Aeana

I think the hardware token is safer considering how unstable the software token is as seen in former reports. The battery lasts a hell of a long time. Be it having to wipe your phone, or the software itself bugging out. Can't say I was a huge fan of Blizzard's, but then again they had absolutely prompt customer service.
Well it doesn't matter if you do what you're supposed to and write down the emergency removal password. I was just in a hurry when I set it up on my new phone again because I needed to log in and do Coil, and I never remembered to go back and write it down.

robertoci

I don't know if this is the right place to post in but I have a spare cd key for anyone who wants to get into this great game!

Just quote this post and whoever is first I will PM you the key.

Ploid 3.0

There's always someone bot farming Fleece south of Dragonhead on Excalibur, blatantly teleporting from one mob to the other instantly.

I have reported multiple people but still see them botting there weeks after it happens.

Sidenote: What's your name on Excalibur, Ploid. I'm Nume Nushi.

Plois Dead. I hail from the Free Company of One Shot Taru, and chill out in the linkshell of Stars of Destiny. Some ffxi gaf people there.

I don't play past the level cap, I didn't finish the story, and I'm not a fan of the dungeons. I chat in ffxiv mostly, and pretend I'm a beastmaster on summoner killing easy prey.

creid

Welp.
The security token software on my phone reset randomly, and while I thought I wrote down the emergency password, I didn't. SE support is notoriously slow, and they don't even work on weekends, so ... it was nice playing with everybody, see you whenever I get this fixed.
We probably should have a warning about this in the OP. My software token got messed up once, and I would've been f'd without that emergency password.

Resilient

Edit: you find it on your account page. Noted!

Anybody up for some Titan HM in a few hours? I'm gonna pug it to get the feel for the fight but who knows, I might find a decent pug!

Everytime the vortex ring of aiming drops i lose it. just now lost it to a blm that got his casting ring the run before then switched to brd and got that ring. he wouldn't pass it got it lol'd and then left.

God I hate ppl that play like that sometimes.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Everytime the vortex ring of aiming drops i lose it. just now lost it to a blm that got his casting ring the run before then switched to brd and got that ring. he wouldn't pass it got it lol'd and then left.

What a jerk.

chrono01

I hate people like that. ~_~

If you're not on your main, and there's another player there that is [that needs the item], don't roll on it! It really is that simple.

A little consideration goes a long way.

Yup! Happened to me twice with the shadow bow. Both BRD's were well over Lv 40 and didn't even need the weapon.

Tabris

Wouldn't the solution be to register your main job upon the instance being started. That way you can only roll need based on that job, no matter what job you change to?

Velk

Neo Member
Yesterday I saw someone botting Apkallu egg farming, claiming way too fast, and his speed wasn't effected by any other mob in his way. I had 2 pets, and the crab fate all up in his face and it claimed every apkallu past my shadowflare, and miasma 2 when my cast spam matched right as the things spawned. He never moved other than the auto face target when he claimed.

Those usually aren't actually "bots" per se, it's people using a macro that goes something like '/target Apkallu; /ac "Heavy Shot" <t>'.

They might be watching TV while hitting it, they might have something autofiring it and be afk, or they might actually be sitting there whacking it and fuming at you trying to steal mobs off them ;p

Ironically, non-stupid people who are actually using botting software are much harder to tell, given it runs around and uses skill rotations etc. The most common sign of those is getting stuck on the same bit of terrain repeatedly.

Oh also, shadowflare is a terrible way to tag mobs, the ticks are too far apart. Miasma 2 is better, but still has a relatively slow casting animation in comparison to bard attacks, which is why almost all the keyboard macroers are bards.

I've no issues using the software token, and the Square-Enix Accounts website specifically gives you a code and says WRITE THIS DOWN SO YOU DON'T LOCK YOURSELF OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT and if you refuse to do that it's your own lookout.

I simply screenshotted the page, printed it out with the code on it, and shoved the printout into the game box which is sitting on the shelf.

I actually had the hardware token from 1.0, but I didn't want it laying around all the time and inevitably getting lost somewhere and my phone is always on me so it made more sense to use the software token. Especially since one day the battery on the hardware token will die.

Luigi87

Internet went out so I started playing via 4G LTE instead and finally hit 30 LNC, and did the quest to get my Chocobo to fight alongside me. Happy about that. Now to get started on leveling MRD.

Welp.
The security token software on my phone reset randomly, and while I thought I wrote down the emergency password, I didn't. SE support is notoriously slow, and they don't even work on weekends, so ... it was nice playing with everybody, see you whenever I get this fixed.

Nooooooo. D:

Hope you're able to get back soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom