• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Okay, reading back comments.

I can't get into the game, and it sounds like the servers are being derp tonight. Should I assume that's why I'm getting, "Cannot achieve world data," errors?

Aeana

I rather roam the world in an open world pvp that sit and do the same repetitive dungeons which require a much larger time investment to get your actual reward. So what happens to the open world game play that makes a MMO? So now less fates are being done that before, people were not touching levequests for their shit rewards, questing gives crap rewards to.

All this is doing is creating a dead game world that is going to put off any new blood from getting into it when you find out that your wasting your time, your supposed to queue up for a dungeon to get you xp on?

New players don't need FATEs, because the quests run all the way through for the first job. I'm sorry if you miss FATEs, but I really, really, really don't. I hate them so much and I am so glad that they aren't the only real option for leveling now.

Sophia

? I did not see this at all. Doing lvl 45 leves as a lvl 46 class, and the xp rewards are around 6k xp. Fates of the same level are giving almost 12k

Are you finishing them in time for the bonus? I and others were seeing 10k+ at that level range for battlecraft Leves.

New players don't need FATEs, because the quests run all the way through for the first job. I'm sorry if you miss FATEs, but I really, really, really don't. I hate them so much and I am so glad that they aren't the only real option for leveling now.

I like FATEs, but their implementation is average. As they were pre-patch was just madness with no order to it.

aceface

I rather roam the world in an open world pvp that sit and do the same repetitive dungeons which require a much larger time investment to get your actual reward. So what happens to the open world game play that makes a MMO? So now less fates are being done that before, people were not touching levequests for their shit rewards, questing gives crap rewards to.

All this is doing is creating a dead game world that is going to put off any new blood from getting into it when you find out that your wasting your time, your supposed to queue up for a dungeon to get you xp on?

I gotta disagree with this. Fates were dead outside of Quarrymill, Coerthas, and N. Thanalan anyways. And when you are fate grinding do you ever really interact with other players? No it's "lfg fates" a party picks you up and you never talk to them again. In duty roulette you are interacting with other players more closely (both good and bad) and usually there's a first timer in there (in my experience at least) who needs a bit of guidance.

Edit: Back on Ultros!

I constantly ran out of quests (and did every single one) to level up my first job and was forced to do fates unless I grinded on leves, which is awful. It's pretty much impossible to level up your first job without doing some fates.

And no I'm not talking about fate grind grouping.

I gotta disagree with this. Fates were dead outside of Quarrymill, Coerthas, and N. Thanalan anyways. And when you are fate grinding do you ever really interact with other players? No it's "lfg fates" a party picks you up and you never talk to them again. In duty roulette you are interacting with other players more closely (both good and bad) and usually there's a first timer in there (in my experience at least) who needs a bit of guidance.!

Im not talking about fate grinding or fate groups, just doing the stupid leveling up of your classes and doing fates you come across the world, was always nice to break up monotony, give the world a lived in feeling and not just hub theme park hopping. Its like RIFT when early on players didn't bother to do the RIFT invasions anymore since they already got all the rewards from the rift vendors of that level range. You create dynamic content, and it gets abandoned.

Oh yeah, am I in trouble if I try to tackle CT decked out in i60 gear as a healer?

And I need to find ways to donate more to the housing fund...ugh.

6 CT runs today. No tank chest. Great.

I've yet to get my CT item for the week either, looks like I'll be right beside you D:

Right after we downed Moggle, doubt we get credit for the quest too. I blame you Yen!

More chances to hear the music though! I was super attentive (went in blind not knowing any mechanics) and sort of drowned out the music, but now that I see it's really simple I wouldn't mind taking in all the surroundings/music for this next kill if it turns out we gotta do it again.

Plus, another chance at the crafting material...!

suzu

You know what would be nice.. If they let you join/make parties while queuing for dungeons. At least that way you would be able to do FATE groups or level your chocobo companion while waiting for it to pop up. They could just make it so you'd have to leave your pt before being able to enter the duty finder group. D:

docbon

Fun fact: To get enough wolf marks to obtain half your set, you need to win 275 matches.

I'd hate to get started on PVP after people get geared, because holy shit newbies will get massacred across hundreds of games.

Zomba13

Fun fact: To get enough wolf marks to obtain half your set, you need to win 275 matches.

I'd hate to get started on PVP after people get geared, because holy shit newbies will get massacred across hundreds of games.

Holy shit. And is that the Wolf or Dire Wolf set? Because the Dire Wolf stuff is Suuuper expensive (though does have stats comparable to AF2).

Sophia

So we have discovered that on the mini-boss on right in Crystal Tower you cannot trade alliance members. A has to go left, B middle, C right. >_>;

thefil

Does the Ultros Free Company have slots now? I'm hoping to get into this over the holidays. Or did everyone move to the legacy server?

I gotta disagree with this. Fates were dead outside of Quarrymill, Coerthas, and N. Thanalan anyways. And when you are fate grinding do you ever really interact with other players? No it's "lfg fates" a party picks you up and you never talk to them again. In duty roulette you are interacting with other players more closely (both good and bad) and usually there's a first timer in there (in my experience at least) who needs a bit of guidance.

Edit: Back on Ultros!

I always talked in fate groups. Got to actually know a bunch of people on the server instead of just being put into a group with people from other servers that I'll never see again.

RIP in peace fate groups, I will miss you at least.

docbon

Holy shit. And is that the Wolf or Dire Wolf set? Because the Dire Wolf stuff is Suuuper expensive (though does have stats comparable to AF2).

The warwolf set, sorry. Gimme a sec to check the direwolf.

Edit: For direwolf, it's 603 wins for the armor alone, and 978 wins for the whole set.

Nose Master

FF14 is more like WoW than FF11, so nothing to worry about in that respect.

Yes, you can play on your account from any platform as long as you own that version of the game.

You need to have both versions registered under that specific account, though. You can't jump on someone else's PC copy and log in if you play on PS3.

Also: FATEs are the fucking worst. It's like sloppy Beseiged from FFXI, but god damn everywhere.

finished ct earlier for the first time. everybody from my fc was sleeping, so i just pugged it. dont want to miss out on loot before reset. got the monk gloves. havent pugged in ages, so this was quite the experience. and not a negative one. people were willing to work together and we finished it with 15something left. loved the style and attacks of the last boss. im sure ive fought him before somewhere. now im sad that i wont have this much fun with the game until we get the next patch. it was over too fast.

Wilsongt

Did CT tonight with a group of gaffers. Other than the other two groups being full of douchebags, it was a fun experience. I managed to get a sexy body armor out of it. =D

LowParry

Oh my god. That Good King Moggle Mog music. What. XD

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Lord of all the land (Kupo!)

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Rules with iron hand

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Leads the brave and true!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Now come along and meet his trusty crew!
Kupo!

Kupta Kapa will clip your tuft
Split your hairs and ruffle your fluff

Kupti Koop will throw you for a loop
Brave a wall of whiskers to find his troupe

Kupli Kipp is sly yet sweet
He'll tickle your nose then tickle your feet

Jolly Kogi's eye for fun is clear
He'll put an arrow straight in your rear!

Pukla Puki plays with fire
Poms a-burning on her pyre

Puksi Piko likes her buddies big
To sing a little song and dance a little jig

Pukna Pako shivers and shakes
She'll stick you in the gut and give you bellyaches

And who's behind them, standing tall?
Why, the biggest moogle of them all!

(Who!? Who!? Whoever could it be!?)

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
Kind and noble lord (hear, hear!)

Nod your noggle nog
And mind your gob
Or he'll put you to the sword!

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
His judgment you will dread

Good King Moggle Mog
Good King Mog
What do you decree?
What do you decree?
What do you decree?

Off with their heads!

LowParry

Just how many moogles did you skin to make that darn book??

Haha! The book (SCH) is pretty neat. It even has a pop up moogle! We had another win them MNK weapons. A paired moogle fists to....uh...fluff your enemies with. Frankly, I want all the weapons for vanity purposes now.

Sophia

People are real assholes in CT wow. Lots of bitching in there cuss I didn't watch a YouTube video. Or am I'm wrong.

I recommend getting a pre-made group for CT if you can. Or running it with someone with dedicated leader skills. If anyone takes control and leads, then CT runs are usually a success.

Zomba13

People are real assholes in CT wow. Lots of bitching in there cuss I didn't watch a YouTube video. Or am I'm wrong.

Nope. Definitely some real asses in there.
If you get someone who knows their stuff and isn't an asshole to take lead then it's fine.

theta11

Was it a speed hacker or somebody merely sprinting? Not that it matters. PvP is awful right now, and I am being generous when I say that.

Speed hacker, he managed to outrun me while I was using sprint without him using sprint. He was moving so fast he looked like he was teleporting at times. His name was Never Nothing from the Excalibur server.

Sophia

Speed hacker, he managed to outrun me while I was using sprint without him using sprint. He was moving so fast he looked like he was teleporting at times. His name was Never Nothing from the Excalibur server.

Ah. Well that's just fantastic. >_>;

Did you report him?

kiryogi

Banned
Welp.
The security token software on my phone reset randomly, and while I thought I wrote down the emergency password, I didn't. SE support is notoriously slow, and they don't even work on weekends, so ... it was nice playing with everybody, see you whenever I get this fixed.

Get a real token :O Been using mine from 1.x LE and still going strong.

Ploid 3.0

Ah. Well that's just fantastic. >_>;

Did you report him?

Excal here too

I saw people seemingly botting their chocobo exp a few weeks ago. Yesterday I saw someone botting Apkallu egg farming, claiming way too fast, and his speed wasn't effected by any other mob in his way. I had 2 pets, and the crab fate all up in his face and it claimed every apkallu past my shadowflare, and miasma 2 when my cast spam matched right as the things spawned. He never moved other than the auto face target when he claimed.

http://youtu.be/LP-uSHqU3Bc

Vid of a bot (the guy was going to farm something but he showed how to disrupt the bot). I did this for the bots at Deadly Devices to level my chocobo with the bots killing everything I pulled. They couldn't kill everything ready for the next spawn like apkallus though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom