• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
question since I know that you have to redo the gear sets when you switch to pc from ps3. I'm however getting a new laptop soon and just want to know if you can copy a file over to the laptop so I won't have to switch gear sets again. If so what file do I copy over to the laptop

question since I know that you have to redo the gear sets when you switch to pc from ps3. I'm however getting a new laptop soon and just want to know if you can copy a file over to the laptop so I won't have to switch gear sets again. If so what file do I copy over to the laptop

Go to "My Documents\My Games" and copy the FF XIV A Realm Reborn folder. It contains your keybinds, gearsets, character creation saves, etc.

The security token software on my phone reset randomly, and while I thought I wrote down the emergency password, I didn't. SE support is notoriously slow, and they don't even work on weekends, so ... it was nice playing with everybody, see you whenever I get this fixed.

So, the same exact thing just happened to me. Not even the result of a new phone or a firmware update. Just a pure, random reset. Plus, the emergency password I'm entering is apparently wrong. I wouldn't be miffed about this if I didn't have to deal with customer service before (dead phone lines and hours-long chat queues only to be told "Customer Service is unavailable" when my turn came around). Their weekend schedule was already shoddy; I just hope I can get hold of a customer service rep before Christmas Eve, which I doubt. I felt I was finally hitting my stride with the end-game content too. :(

Oh well, at least I sent Felix my daily Peisteskin Map before I signed off for the day.

Aeana

So, the same exact thing just happened to me. Not even the result of a new phone or a firmware update. Just a pure, random reset. Plus, the emergency password I'm entering is apparently wrong. I wouldn't be miffed about this if I didn't have to deal with customer service before (dead phone lines and hours-long chat queues only to be told "Customer Service is unavailable" when my turn came around). Their weekend schedule was already shoddy; I just hope I can get hold of a customer service rep before Christmas Eve, which I doubt. I felt I was finally hitting my stride with the end-game content too. :(

Oh well, at least I sent Felix my daily Piesteskin Map before I signed off for the day.
I'm just hoping they aren't nearly as swamped now as they were when most people had to deal with their support before around launch.

I'm just hoping they aren't nearly as swamped now as they were when most people had to deal with their support before around launch.

Yeah, that's what my parenthetical was referring to. What a nightmare. The worst part is that all customer service issues have the "may take up to two weeks to fulfill" clause attached. Seemingly the only way to expedite it is to get a live person to deal with the problem directly only after submitting your issue through their poorly formatted site and getting a ticket number.

Sophia

Changed my character away from a Lalafell using the Fantasia. I'm glad I did too, because the armor looks so much better on her than it did the old one.

ffxiv_12222013_231305nvc3p.jpg

Wilsongt

I've started running Hard Mode Ifrit (Yeah, I am behind. So what?) trying to get my weapon.

._. Monk, Two BLM weapons, and dragoon weapon...

But, I did get the Crimson Vest in CT last night!

suzu

I want to put Blizzard 3 and Blizzard 1 on the same macro (for when I sync to do lower level stuff), but I want the tooltip for Blizzard 3 to show up if I hover over the hotbar button.

Is there a macro command for that?

Jeels

Hello, I quit playing after the trial expired, but am back as a permanent subscriber. Who do I contact to get back into the GAF FC?

Ken

I want to put Blizzard 3 and Blizzard 1 on the same macro (for when I sync to do lower level stuff), but I want the tooltip for Blizzard 3 to show up if I hover over the hotbar button.

Is there a macro command for that?

I don't think you can make macros show tooltips for anything?

yaffi

I think you can back up everything with this:

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This game is such a fucking troll...

I for 2.5 months no tank drops, PUG'ing it

CT comes along to alleviate the situation, but due to the stupid bullshit lockout mechanic, you wanna roll on something, cause doing CT 10+ over the week will be frustrating

So finally a piece dropped I could roll and needed, the feet
LfUqsie.jpg

I was like that saved me 495 myth, at the moment, I can save up for pants tomorrow for a nice combo ilvl85 share for pants + feet

I hadn't done coil, somehow a group @3:30AM EST was looking for a PLD & healer, got both and 45 minutes later w/o voice communication, I get these:
NsYrRC7.jpg

On one side Woo-Hoo gear for my PLD from Coil, but on the other side... Come the Fuck On from CT

These feet are useless due to my WAR can slot Allagan feet too...

Wish you can trade in your gear, and get back your 1 need or pay like 100K + item and grab something else

Also, Ultima is getting hella' easier to farm once you learn full tactics
We one shotted it, became easy as fuck to do now, with a new trick at the end =D

Our Main Primal groups have been beating Garuda Extreme with 1 healer... Fucking amazing!

I just want to get 1 Tank, 1 Casting loot from each primal, I'll be happy
So Ring, Bracelet, Earring and Choker, then I can really use my myth to mix and match both my PLD and BLM and get them at least ilvl85+ by 2.15 drops in middle of January

Ploid 3.0

Grats Graverobberx, think of it as being too lucky, because there's nothing we can do about SE's choices. They want you to need to play from day to day and week to week. In a few years they will remove these lockouts like they did with dynamis in ffxi (though there is a one dynamis per day lockouts).

GraveRobberX

Yes, how dare they make CT force me to roll on loot.

I really wanted BLM gear... =/

6 CT's all I saw was MNK or BRD loot, CT = Coil 2.0 confirmed!
I've seen enough eye-patch + brd gloves to last me a fucking a lifetime

Some Tank Feet dropped on 6th run, had to roll, was not going to do more this week till reset, so it was a last ditch effort
Either hope for tank legs then buy myth feet + belt, or feet drop, and buy myth pants

Now I get to grab myth pants tomorrow after reset, need roughly 150 more, will have 300 afterwards

Then can work on Primal gear and slot in those pieces for the time being till Coil becomes gracious enough to drop gear for me

Such a headache leveling 2 classes gear set wise, and not getting said gear to level up your char

Others are up to their 4th alt in allagan + myth from Coil, BRD + DRG + MNK really get lucked out from it

Grats Graverobberx, think of it as being too lucky, because there's nothing we can do about SE's choices. They want you to need to play from day to day and week to week. In a few years they will remove these lockouts like they did with dynamis in ffxi (though there is a one dynamis per day lockouts).

Thanks, I know the demand that is of a MMO, if you get fully geared, why sub?
Carrot on a stick with a slow burn to seep money out of you is the way

It's just the frustration that I need to exude, I mean this thread is an outlet for it I hope

People have bad luck, I understand, game isn't going to shift it's mechanics foe me to be happy

I really do understand those people who quit FFXIV and reasons like this as their undoing
I think I've ran with the same group maybe twice in Coil, afterwards someone always quit or real life came into play
Wish the end game experience was more smoother for the player-base

Roadblocks are OK, time sinks are a given in a MMO, the time invested by a lot of people in this game doesn't really show the rewards gained
Some hardcore server first ultimate ilvl90.2 people are there and have quit, but you also have players who just did AK as their dungeon raid then quit, the HM versions became their Coil, grinding away on it

Garuda extreme kind of sucks as a melee DPS

How so?

Only time it's a bitch is when you split the adds and vortex comes into play
Most of the melee DPS really hammer her good

I mean it's been only 6 days and I've already seen people doing Garuda Extreme with 1 healer...

Learn mechanics, refine position, dodge at right times, bam, wins r' us

Vanity.

Also, I wish I could have that kind of "luck."

The feet are really weird looking Kintaro
The look like skinny jean thigh-high boots
Allagan and Myth have some meat on them, look robust, the CT tank feet, look like shriveled up iron pantyhose

Been playing this other character since launch, yet it took me THIS long to get a relic. Sooo glad I got it out of the way. Now time to gear up a little more so I can fill in as a healer for Worst Coil group. Hopefully those CT FATE's are more populated. Thank you Axel, Blake, Makoto, Mael, Vivid, Ren and...ugh forgot the last person...sorry!

Anywho, it's starting to stink as SMN, I keep getting into parties where there is another summoner already, which isn't very fun for some fights at time, especially ones with lots of adds. Time to level up MNK/BRD! With so many healers in the FC, I should have started on MNK like I planned to do before the game came out lol.

Tried CT, holy cow is that place fun. Sucks about the gear lockout...greeded the BRD hat just so I could grab something but I'm hoping to get the SMN chest and the WHM chest piece this week.

GraveRobberX

Tried CT, holy cow is that place fun. Sucks about the gear lockout...greeded the BRD hat just so I could grab something but I'm hoping to get the SMN chest and the WHM chest piece this week.

Cool stuff

Just find out which boss coffer has your shit, hopefully it's early on and not like last boss worth =3

CT can be very enjoyable is all 3 teams listen and work together and not try to be fucking heroes
When you have 24 good players, CT is so much fun, no wipes, every one on their job, no one trying to steal hate and trying to be the standout hero
You can designate the right Tanks to the right add

I mean KB is amazing team management
1 MT, 1 Iron Giant Tank, 2 Balloons OT, 4 Tower Tanks, have all them working properly, shit makes you there were more CT levels to climb up through
Then you always get the eventual hero tank, who thinks they'll just grab that Giant and posotion him in the middle, cause sure lets cleave everyone and destroy all the comets, I mean their objective is to keep us from wiping the whole alliance, sure why not
Why should the IG Tank take it to the edge of the arena away from everyone, for what purpose?

You can type into Alliance chat, please kill 1 skelly on each platform at the back, if you pulled one stay with add until it respawns
Then you see 4 OT pull the same skelly and kill it dead center, then when the arise, link and suicide @ Gotta Go Fast speeds and just annihilate the Alliance

Also the Atomos section is fucking troll heaven
2 groups would not understand the color pad concept on why they need 4 people on them, 2 times they made Iron giants spawn (I never these fucks spawned here, they are a fail safe mechanism... who knew?), they massacred everyone, one-shotted everyone with cleaves, you do like 5 damage to them lol

24 people Raising at the same spot is hilarious though, just a woosh, woosh *PING* x 24

Also I love the last bosses criss-cross pattern attack when he's at < 10% health
I always yell in mumble: "BACON WEAVE ATTACK!"

Ploid 3.0

Allagan and Myth have some meat on them, look robust, the CT tank feet, look like shriveled up iron pantyhose

The curse of rolling male in a ff mmo. Never know when they may throw a subligar or other gear that may be designed to look sexy for the female characters.

Ferr986

How so?

I mean it's been only 6 days and I've already seen people doing Garuda Extreme with 1 healer...

At first I was eating that spinning kick from the sister that deals +4,5k HP dmg. Its getting better now that I (more or less) know when she's going to do it but sometimes in the twister phase the tanks position the sister in the center of the safe area, making it really hard to avoid it because theres not enough room for me.

Been playing this other character since launch, yet it took me THIS long to get a relic. Sooo glad I got it out of the way. Now time to gear up a little more so I can fill in as a healer for Worst Coil group. Hopefully those CT FATE's are more populated. Thank you Axel, Blake, Makoto, Mael, Vivid, Ren and...ugh forgot the last person...sorry!

grats!

[S9] taeZaKi

Neo Member
Managed to snag this game during Black Friday and started playing yesterday. I'm on Ultros, so I'm trying to get into GAF. I've already registered on guildworks and all that.

Question is if all I have to do now is /t the FC officers for invites?

[S9] taeZaKi;94550614 said:
Managed to snag this game during Black Friday and started playing yesterday. I'm on Ultros, so I'm trying to get into GAF. I've already registered on guildworks and all that.

Question is if all I have to do now is /t the FC officers for invites?
Precisely.

kiryogi

Banned
I've no issues using the software token, and the Square-Enix Accounts website specifically gives you a code and says WRITE THIS DOWN SO YOU DON'T LOCK YOURSELF OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT and if you refuse to do that it's your own lookout.

I simply screenshotted the page, printed it out with the code on it, and shoved the printout into the game box which is sitting on the shelf.

I actually had the hardware token from 1.0, but I didn't want it laying around all the time and inevitably getting lost somewhere and my phone is always on me so it made more sense to use the software token. Especially since one day the battery on the hardware token will die.

See that ring like piece of metal at the end of the token? Keychain.

frequency

I'm so annoyed with Scholar.

Why doesn't Eos have the same range as me? I hate pets. I don't want to micromanage it but if I don't then I have to do this stupid thing of inching closer until it can heal the tank but not getting too close to where I am in danger.

So I'm constantly watching Eos to see if she is actually doing anything and since the AI won't heal unless someone is below 80% or whatever, I can't tell if she's waiting or just not in range of anyone. It wasn't so bad before when I could just put Embrace on my bar. But now I have to change her stance to do nothing for me to control Embrace. And if I have to do that then now I have like 4 extra abilities to manage.

I'm so done with this stupid pet job.

frequency

While I do agree that the AI could be a lot better, I don't think that micromanaging eos ability does really make a difference.

I just position her near the tank and that's it, never had any problem

But I want her to heal ranged players standing in various places in the room not near the tank too.
It was fine most of the time I guess but I had a really bad time in Aurum Vale with those big rooms and people being spread out and everyone taking damage. I never enjoy pet classes in games but I endured and really tried because I think Scholar AF and Carbuncle are cute (Yes, I'm that kind of casual). But that was just the end of 50 levels of annoyance and I just felt like I couldn't take it anymore.

Also I don't want to Heel/Place all the time. That is annoying to me. Half the time I forget I Placed her and wonder why she's not helping on the next fight until I realize I left her behind so she went away. Or I expect her to heal that Black Mage who couldn't be bothered to move and realize 20 seconds later that Black Mage is sitting in a spot just out of range of Eos.

I want to make it clear that this isn't really a problem with the class. It's just not for me.

Edit: Also placing is dumb in this game. It is tied to your camera. That is stupid poor design.

pitbull

Banned
So did anyone else notice CT is just and 8 man dung scaled out? Pretty disappointed they just added 3 times the 8 man mechanics in every fight.

Ploid 3.0

Put her in a place between the tank and the ranged, if the ranged are too far from the tank don't heal them. Not healing non tanks seem to be a popular method of training them to not take damage. I'll try this the next time I play scholar seriously. I've been playing dd lately.

Edit: Also placing is dumb in this game. It is tied to your camera. That is stupid poor design.

I'm very used to it. It's very easy for me. Just act like it's a third person shooter and you need to aim the crosshairs at your target.

So did anyone else notice CT is just and 8 man dung scaled out? Pretty disappointed they just added 3 times the 8 man mechanics in every fight.

I noticed it in the trailer. Just have 3 paths so all three parties can do the same things. For the time they work together in the same field it's a bit better.

studyguy

Completed twin last night since everyone's schedule was shit.
Twin continuing on it's streak of handing us shit no one is using.
WAR allagan for a party with no WAR. Well okay...

Soroc

We probably should have a warning about this in the OP. My software token got messed up once, and I would've been f'd without that emergency password.

I want to write my emergency password down. Where do I find it in the authenticator software? Can't seem to find it..

gatti-man

I really wanted BLM gear... =/

6 CT's all I saw was MNK or BRD loot, CT = Coil 2.0 confirmed!
I've seen enough eye-patch + brd gloves to last me a fucking a lifetime

Some Tank Feet dropped on 6th run, had to roll, was not going to do more this week till reset, so it was a last ditch effort
Either hope for tank legs then buy myth feet + belt, or feet drop, and buy myth pants

Now I get to grab myth pants tomorrow after reset, need roughly 150 more, will have 300 afterwards

Then can work on Primal gear and slot in those pieces for the time being till Coil becomes gracious enough to drop gear for me

Such a headache leveling 2 classes gear set wise, and not getting said gear to level up your char

Others are up to their 4th alt in allagan + myth from Coil, BRD + DRG + MNK really get lucked out from it

Thanks, I know the demand that is of a MMO, if you get fully geared, why sub?
Carrot on a stick with a slow burn to seep money out of you is the way

It's just the frustration that I need to exude, I mean this thread is an outlet for it I hope

People have bad luck, I understand, game isn't going to shift it's mechanics foe me to be happy

I really do understand those people who quit FFXIV and reasons like this as their undoing
I think I've ran with the same group maybe twice in Coil, afterwards someone always quit or real life came into play
Wish the end game experience was more smoother for the player-base

Roadblocks are OK, time sinks are a given in a MMO, the time invested by a lot of people in this game doesn't really show the rewards gained
Some hardcore server first ultimate ilvl90.2 people are there and have quit, but you also have players who just did AK as their dungeon raid then quit, the HM versions became their Coil, grinding away on it

How so?

Blm gear is hard to find. I've been running coil for 2 months and have never seen any main pieces drop besides the head. CT only blm piece I've seen is the sash and I've run it 4 times. Got the tank body price for my alt warrior though !

Soroc

Blm gear is hard to find. I've been running coil for 2 months and have never seen any main pieces drop besides the head. CT only blm piece I've seen is the sash and I've run it 4 times. Got the tank body price for my alt warrior though !

I haven't run coil but I see BLM gear all the time. CT last night had the BLM chest drop. I think there was another piece too that dropped. I usually never see WHM loot drop in my runs (which of course is what I need!) lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom