• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgeton

Any thoughts on pvp? I dabbled in it but it seems a little borked. That sleep
Spell lasts way too long when you get hit with it.

I'm a monk and it seems really tough to dps others.

studyguy

Any thoughts on pvp? I dabbled in it but it seems a little borked. That sleep
Spell lasts way too long when you get hit with it.

I'm a monk and it seems really tough to dps others.

Sleep isn't nearly such a big issue anymore.
SMN/SCH are incredibly powerful however. It's scary how easily a SCH specifically can rebuff a team's attack if you can't coordinate an attack on the SCH and its fairy.

Caelestis

Blm gear is hard to find. I've been running coil for 2 months and have never seen any main pieces drop besides the head. CT only blm piece I've seen is the sash and I've run it 4 times. Got the tank body price for my alt warrior though !
Run CT for first time yesterday and got BLM gloves and seen a hat in the same run. Probably just depends on random luck.

studyguy

Did 4 runs of CT, I saw basically all the pieces of the BLM gear drop, not a single tank one. I ended up rolling for the tank pants of all things... They're absolutely dreadful looking holy shit. I wanted the full set for vanity, but Christ, nothing drops that you want.

Look like leather pants that grip everywhere.
My butt never looked better.

Mairu

I did two runs of CT last week. The second run I went as BRD and got the tank chest that I just wanted for vanity reasons :D

Not sure what I'm going to go for this week.

Teknoman

Got my account back. Was fortunate to get in early in the support queue, so fairly painless.

Thats pretty cool you got through quickly, and close to holidays, especially after hearing some of the horror stories float around about Square support.

gatti-man

I haven't run coil but I see BLM gear all the time. CT last night had the BLM chest drop. I think there was another piece too that dropped. I usually never see WHM loot drop in my runs (which of course is what I need!) lol

That's one of the reasons I started an alt. Our coil tanks are pretty geared so I can snag extras there plus with ct and the low level roulette daily leveling is a snap.

dramatis

Did 4 runs of CT, I saw basically all the pieces of the BLM gear drop, not a single tank one. I ended up rolling for the tank pants of all things... They're absolutely dreadful looking holy shit. I wanted the full set for vanity, but Christ, nothing drops that you want.

Look like leather pants that grip everywhere.
My butt never looked better.
Try the white mage best in slot pants. I will never get over it

Tabris

So for all of you playing on PS3. I hadn't configured this until just now and it made a world's difference:

1) Turn off auto-lock. Man, I could not move around fast enough as a tank for some moves until someone mentioned this was an option. I would always need to unlock and run, and it was fine until dragon's breath at bray.

2) Set up your crossbar for sheathed / unsheated. I had way too many actions I was trying to put into 1-2 crossbars, that this helped immensely.

3) Do not use macros for weapon skills. There's too much of a delay compared to just clicking the action directly and when you need to do actions in between, you have to start the WS over.

Ever since I made the following 3 changes, I have avoided almost all attacks and been keeping hate on multiple mobs no problem.

Sophia

Lock-on is pretty much useless junk. I guess its purpose is to help make things easier for controller users, but it just teaches bad habits like backpeddling. Not to mention it makes getting off your Chocobo a hassle.

Best to disable it and unbind the button.

Allard

Lock-on is pretty much useless junk. I guess its purpose is to help make things easier for controller users, but it just teaches bad habits like backpeddling. Not to mention it makes getting off your Chocobo a hassle.

Best to disable it and unbind the button.

I actually like lock on for Crystal Tower as a healer. In the Bone Dragon battle it makes it easier for me to figure out which direction my tanks went so I can heal them then get back into the middle to heal other people. To me Lock on is nice for a quick camera change to focus on a particular target then immediately turn it off.

Marceles

Sheesh I'm super behind, everyone is doing CT lol. I still have to do Garuda HM and Titan HM. Not sure if it's just me but the game feels more laggy now since the update. Might just wait for me to get a PC or it to come to PS4 before I progress more battle-wise.

WolvenOne

Sheesh I'm super behind, everyone is doing CT lol. I still have to do Garuda HM and Titan HM. Not sure if it's just me but the game feels more laggy now since the update. Might just wait for me to get a PC or it to come to PS4 before I progress more battle-wise.

If you need a tank and you're on Ultros, give me a yell, those are fun fights.

docbon

Warwolf set complete. B)

iQ1UF7fd43OHF.png

chrono01

Been playing this other character since launch, yet it took me THIS long to get a relic. Sooo glad I got it out of the way. Now time to gear up a little more so I can fill in as a healer for Worst Coil group. Hopefully those CT FATE's are more populated. Thank you Axel, Blake, Makoto, Mael, Vivid, Ren and...ugh forgot the last person...sorry!

Anywho, it's starting to stink as SMN, I keep getting into parties where there is another summoner already, which isn't very fun for some fights at time, especially ones with lots of adds. Time to level up MNK/BRD! With so many healers in the FC, I should have started on MNK like I planned to do before the game came out lol.

Tried CT, holy cow is that place fun. Sucks about the gear lockout...greeded the BRD hat just so I could grab something but I'm hoping to get the SMN chest and the WHM chest piece this week.
Happy to help!

Congrats again on your Relic. :)

Apoptomon

Man I am so slow. I've got two classes to 50 (SMN and BRD), and only just did Chimera for the first time the other day (thanks Chubby, Saff, Haman et al) as a BRD, and then got through a roulette AK by the skin of the pug tank's teeth. Hydra is next, but might have to wait till after Christmas. That's if I don't get further sidetracked leveling miner and goldmith for income and THM for swiftcast (and maybe also unlocking BLM).

Man I am so slow. I've got two classes to 50 (SMN and BRD), and only just did Chimera for the first time the other day (thanks Chubby, Saff, Haman et al) as a BRD, and then got through a roulette AK by the skin of the pug tank's teeth. Hydra is next, but might have to wait till after Christmas. That's if I don't get further sidetracked leveling miner and goldmith for income and THM for swiftcast (and maybe also unlocking BLM).

With the dungeon buff and some food, leveling other jobs is super easy now. If you need Hydra, I can help.

Luigi87

ummm i thought it was relatively "PnP", maybe some button remapping was the most that needed to be done, not a whole other program

No. DS4 isn't compatible with Windows' built-in XInput, as Sony hasn't released official drivers.
That is simply a quick start-up and run wrapper that is incredibly simple to use.

Wilsongt

I did CT with gaffers today. I totally n00bed it up on the bomb fight...

However, I did get the caster boots! So that 's 2 items now. :)

atmusfear

This game can really bring out the elitism and douchery in some people. Me and some FC people decided to do some CT today and it was a complete disaster. So much bickering and finger-pointing, just the worst experience I've had with the game yet. We wiped about 5 times on Behemoth and just decided to leave. Last week we beat CT on the first day, why? Because people were willing to communicate and learn the fights. I don't even really care about the loot, its the teamwork that makes it fun.

Sorry, just needed to get that out.

Wilsongt

This game can really bring out the elitism and douchery in some people. Me and some FC people decided to do some CT today and it was a complete disaster. So much bickering and finger-pointing, just the worst experience I've had with the game yet. We wiped about 5 times on Behemoth and just decided to leave. Last week we beat CT on the first day, why? Because people were willing to communicate and learn the fights. I don't even really care about the loot, its the teamwork that makes it fun.

We had that happen. People ate pricks. Know what you need to do and do it for your fc.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I just did CT

We were @25 minutes cleared up to mini-boss before KB

@KB it took 3 Wipes and 30 minutes later
4 FUCKING TANKS don't understand the GODDAMN FUCKING CONCEPT of clicking the tower when the glow RED!
Seriously, 1 Tank on NE tower kept never paying attention to their tower, always had FT on Behe, their avatar was always looking at it with the sword out, I would have to all caps the saying in alliance chat and look like a douche just to tell them to turn around and click, by then mine would go off, I'm on the PS3 so I'm already at a disadvantage when it comes to typing

Seriously, why does every fucking PLD want to be MT?
OT has it rewards to for keeping groups alive and pushing through the content
I swear to god, every CT I call out, I'll do a tower or if need be Iron Giant tank
Never do I go I'm MT, I deserve to MT KB or other boss
I just want a clean win, that's all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom