• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaioshade

Screw this. I am done as an adventurer and going to 100% crafting.

Cant beat titan HM, cant get the frickin bow to drop from Garuda to up DPS.

I cannot win.

jiggle

man, after a week of 2.1
I'm throwing in the towel
still have 20 days left but not even gonna bother
CT loot lock out, because ps3 took so long to load out of CS that I got stuck with a useless piece, was the last straw
was hoping it'd keep me hooked until ps4 version :/

i found the sudden niceties pretty humorous though
came off really forced/ fake sometimes

Velk

Neo Member
This game can really bring out the elitism and douchery in some people. Me and some FC people decided to do some CT today and it was a complete disaster. So much bickering and finger-pointing, just the worst experience I've had with the game yet. We wiped about 5 times on Behemoth and just decided to leave. Last week we beat CT on the first day, why? Because people were willing to communicate and learn the fights. I don't even really care about the loot, its the teamwork that makes it fun.

The last one I did, the total communication was 'Group A ready', 'Group B ready', 'Group C tank AFK'. Group A's tank was obviously there to troll, deliberately attempting to kill his teammates, and it was still a pretty clean clear.

Communication and coordination aren't really necessary, people just need to be honest if they don't know what they are doing, and get an explanation of what's happening.

ctothej

I have some time on my hands so I'm thinking about renewing my subscription. Has the community gotten better since September? I remember people were pretty friendly at low levels, but towards the end you'd get chewed out for watching cutscenes or wanting to complete the dungeons instead of making a bee line for the boss.

Cmagus

man, after a week of 2.1
I'm throwing in the towel
still have 20 days left but not even gonna bother
CT loot lock out, because ps3 took so long to load out of CS that I got stuck with a useless piece, was the last straw
was hoping it'd keep me hooked until ps4 version :/

i found the sudden niceties pretty humorous though
came off really forced/ fake sometimes

Right there with you man uninstalled it yesterday. The poor design decisions they've made with this game has absolutely killed it in just about every single way. The lockouts on everything is really tiresome, in my case still getting a coil static or party has reached impossible levels at this point I don't get it. Crystal Tower is tired and way too many people rage quitting same with Haukke Manor and Copperbell and PvP is just awful.

Housing was the one thing I was so excited for I honestly would have overlooked the lockout stuff for housing but of course they messed that up as well. Our group had enough to purchase a large house but too much arguing and the group dissolved so now there is no hope period for housing and I'm certainly not waiting 3 months for the price to come down and even then it'll still be way too much.

I've tried different FC, Linkshells just to get a feel and play with players and all in all no one is ever helpful and no one ever wants to do anything. It's login do your run log out its so pathetic how dead my linkshells are on a weekly basis.

The last straw for me was the other night with the 30 minute lockout. I was running Haukke Manor Hard and ended up with 3 people in AF/AK gear which isn't great for that run. We ran it for awhile and just kept wiping over and over until we all agreed it just wasn't gonna work and of course quitting locks you out for 30 minutes. What is supposed to happen stay in there for 70 minutes wiping no thanks.

Although i say this often lol I am truly done housing was the last straw for me. This game is just not fun and locking content out to extend subscriptions is lame and I can't justify giving them anymore money.

dcye

Unfortunately not. I am running on Phoenix with some friends after they refused to move during free transfer. There are not a lot of us, and they are fine, its the PUGs i have an issue with.

I might be able to get you through titan some time this week on Phoenix. Add me: Jeral Ba'ken.

edgefusion

Right there with you man uninstalled it yesterday. The poor design decisions they've made with this game has absolutely killed it in just about every single way. The lockouts on everything is really tiresome, in my case still getting a coil static or party has reached impossible levels at this point I don't get it. Crystal Tower is tired and way too many people rage quitting same with Haukke Manor and Copperbell and PvP is just awful.

Housing was the one thing I was so excited for I honestly would have overlooked the lockout stuff for housing but of course they messed that up as well. Our group had enough to purchase a large house but too much arguing and the group dissolved so now there is no hope period for housing and I'm certainly not waiting 3 months for the price to come down and even then it'll still be way too much.

I've tried different FC, Linkshells just to get a feel and play with players and all in all no one is ever helpful and no one ever wants to do anything. It's login do your run log out its so pathetic how dead my linkshells are on a weekly basis.

The last straw for me was the other night with the 30 minute lockout. I was running Haukke Manor Hard and ended up with 3 people in AF/AK gear which isn't great for that run. We ran it for awhile and just kept wiping over and over until we all agreed it just wasn't gonna work and of course quitting locks you out for 30 minutes. What is supposed to happen stay in there for 70 minutes wiping no thanks.

Although i say this often lol I am truly done housing was the last straw for me. This game is just not fun and locking content out to extend subscriptions is lame and I can't justify giving them anymore money.

I guess it doesn't really matter now as you've quit, but fyi the 30 minute lockout is only for the first person who leaves.

Cmagus

I guess it doesn't really matter now as you've quit, but fyi the 30 minute lockout is only for the first person who leaves.

So after everyone decides it isn't gonna work who leaves first? Stand around for 5 minutes and no one is gonna leave because of this. I did because I got tired of waiting around I'm sorry but this is a stupid decision. ts all such a serious piss off as someone who played this religiously since 1.0 launch right through 2.0 alpha, beta till now this game just keeps getting worse and worse. I tried so very hard to wanna like this and stick with it but they have successfully taken every aspect of this game and sucked the fun out of it.

Taruranto

CT lockouts don't bother me as much but Coil man, I'm so tired of it. I want to run Twintania, but of course ppl in the Twintania teams don't want to be locked out themselves.

There are so many bad decision regarding FCs, the game seems to encourage big FCs, but then if you have more than 8 player it's going to be a mess to set up another team.

People criticized Tanaka's fatigue system, but is what we got much better? And say whatever you want about FFXI endgame and drop rates, but damn, at least everyone got to play together.

dark_chris

I tried doing T4 last night. I was a replacement tank for an FC. They weren't serious but rather the purpose was to demonstrate and give experience to people who are running it the first time. They were talking about the mechanics of the battle and how crazy it gets. We never got far but everyone was pleased with the new knowledge

Really? is it because it's a raid so you can just rush everything?

Well having 24 people doesn't hurt but also none of the bosses are all that tough and it's kinda designed for people who just beat the story and all...at least that's what I believe. And you're guaranteed to have people who are far overgeared for it...

Taruranto

Speaking of the new dungeons and difficulty, I was surprised how hard Pharos and the mines were. I have no idea how a fresh level 50 could clear these,
Siren
is especially brutal even for an almost i90 healer.

RK9039

There's just a lot of room for error, and there is certainly plenty of error.

Ah, I think I'll just farm for more tomes before I try anything.

Well having 24 people doesn't hurt but also none of the bosses are all that tough and it's kinda designed for people who just beat the story and all...at least that's what I believe. And you're guaranteed to have people who are far overgeared for it...

That's good. I like being carried, even though I'm a tank.

CT is easy because there aren't many moments that will wipe your entire alliance on a single mistake, unless several players really suck ass/don't know mechanics.

But is also a lot of fun. Certainly isn't easy because the lack of the mechanics.

Speaking of the new dungeons and difficulty, I was surprised how hard Pharos and the mines were. I have no idea how a fresh level 50 could clear these,
Siren
is especially brutal even for an almost i90 healer.

Don't bring 2 SMN to a Siren fight...that fight is just brutal if you don't have a DPS that can do good burst damage...

Valus

So frustrated by these 90k errors then subsequent 3102 errors...been locked out for 20 minutes because my character is still logged in. Left a duty roulette group hanging. SE doesn't have to cajones to even acknowledge they have an issue. Ugh...

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
New week, time to cap again.

Need to do before thursday, to only have left the daily quests!

FFX-X-2 Christmas!

Yeah, IMO the CT gear lockout pale in comparison the garbage Coil system.

Have an FC option for over 500 people, make a dungeon that soft enforces you to play with the same 7 people. That makes all the sense in the world, SE.

Taruranto

Cd7ggvZ.jpg
[/IMG]

Goodbye darklight pants.

Welcome new hotness. <3

Shouta

I've done like 5-6 CTs already and aside from a few assholes and a few mistakes, cleared it pretty easily each time. It's a fun dungeon for sure and it's challenging enough without being ridiculously punishing. They could do something better than the silly 1 piece a week lockout but considering you also get 200 Philo and 50 Myth per run, being picky with what you get is not too bad. If it was like 1 piece per job or 3 per week, it'd be much better overall. But I've been capping Tomes so fast I almost don't care. Picked up Fuma eyepatch and healer pants in it since the implementation.

Aeana

I was really against the CT lockout before but now I'm thankful for it. Keeps me from feeling obligated to run it a lot to keep up with everyone else, and ensures that people will be running it for a while.

Ken

Yeah I'm having fun with CT and the lockout doesn't bother me too much. Even if I'm locked out for the week it's still something fun to do with the FC and you get a decent amount of tomes out of it. Not really in a hurry for full i80 (lol).

Sophia

Crystal Tower's mechanics are near perfect for three random pre-mades. Sad you get some assholes in there here and there tho. Luckily I always run with a pre-made so there's some degree of competence in the group. >.<

If everyone cooperates it goes amazingly fast.

I was really against the CT lockout before but now I'm thankful for it. Keeps me from feeling obligated to run it a lot to keep up with everyone else, and ensures that people will be running it for a while.

I'm okay with it on the basis that you can still get tomes out of it even after you get an item. That makes it perfect.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah I'm having fun with CT and the lockout doesn't bother me too much. Even if I'm locked out for the week it's still something fun to do with the FC and you get a decent amount of tomes out of it. Not really in a hurry for full i80 (lol).

Pretty much how I feel about it. It helps me cap pretty fast too.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
Pretty much how I feel about it. It helps me cap pretty fast too.

I capped last week myth in 2 days.

Roulette + Maps + CT = done for the week.

Also capped 2 times phylo stones without so much effort.

And now i'm working on PLD relic. I left on Hydra yesterday.

Jayhawk

You joined a same CT as me earlier tonight. I said "GAF represent" in say. :(
I am Natasha Jayhawk from Hyperion server, one of the PLDs in that run.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Running with a Svara FATE group is some of the most fun I've had in this game thus far. One of the few redeeming things about Coerthas (I really hate that place...probably because most of the NPCs there are huge assholes).

aceface

Did Stone Vigil for the story tonight. First time I've really had to break a sweat healing in a dungeon, good times.

Edit: You guys totally have to coordinate a GAF CT run from different servers now.

Edit: You guys totally have to coordinate a GAF CT run from different servers now.

They would have to be on the same cluster (Ultros is on Primal) but it should be pretty simple with Mumble coordination and the leaders all picking a non-English language (we had success with French) and clicking Join at the same time.

Jayhawk

I don't know about bringing the parties I end up with using Party Finder on my server to GAF CT runs. I often end up with a hotshot tank who either runs in too early and insists on not following instructions.

Woooo got the casting shoes...but man they're redder than the ruby red slippers from Wizard of Oz.

People are kinda dumb in CT, had someone who was determined to pull before everyone was ready...ugh.

Jayhawk

Woooo got the casting shoes...but man they're redder than the ruby red slippers from Wizard of Oz.

People are kinda dumb in CT, had someone who was determined to pull before everyone was ready...ugh.

Sounds like the tanks I've been paired with in my CT and Coil groups. I love it when I'm assigned as MT and wait until everybody is set, but then the other tank tries to usurp me as MT and go in first... or the other tank is assigned to be the one to move his Caduceus... except he does not move when they split, so I had to react.

Sophia

I am forever doomed to explain and coordinate Crystal Tower runs, it seems. Every single time in there it goes poorly until I explain, and any attempts to let anyone else explain end up with me doing it anyhow. Even if I take my guild in as a pre-made, I still end up ordering the other two alliances around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom