• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Thanks for all the responses guys.

A month sub to get into it? Nice.

Did they ever find a way to make the patches download in an easier fashion or are we still forced to find other websites to get them from since SE servers take forever and then some?

My patches always download fine from the launcher.

zlatko

Banned
My patches always download fine from the launcher.

Sounds good. Vanilla FFXIV/alpha/beta of it the patches took an insane amount of time so much so I had to get them from other community sites, and GAF links to do so.

Glad to hear that's a thing of the past.

Thank you. :)

Mupod

Oh wow, Ifrit EM took only one whole Duty Finder lol. And I got the Inferno Bangles of Fending too. :D

Ta-da!

I hate you.

But yeah, watched some videos and Ifrit EX looks much much easier than Titan. Maybe it's just because I've never done Titan HM as anything but a tank so I haven't had to dodge weights/bombs like others have. Also, while the positional updating fix in trials was noticeable in Garuda and Ultima, my connection is still going to be shit for 5 more days so instakill mechanics are stressful. When I go home and get my 15ms back I'm going to go super saiyan.

But yeah I'm down for learning attempts on Titan EX anytime. That and getting some god damned pants are my priorities for the week.

Mairu

Ifrit EX is easier just because it's only really demanding on the tanks and healers rather than Titan EX where everyone needs to be paying attention closely to what's going on.

Taruranto

OWWKGFy.jpg

Looks like someone found a way to improve XIV storyline.

Ken

Grats!

Was it straight up DF, Mordona PUG, or PF?

I have had best luck with PF so far.

For Titan? Some guy I met a few days ago from the PF. Randomly sent a tell to me while I was on a PF treasure hunt to come attempt it again with a group he made so I said why not.

Ifrit was just DF.

I hate you.

But yeah, watched some videos and Ifrit EX looks much much easier than Titan. Maybe it's just because I've never done Titan HM as anything but a tank so I haven't had to dodge weights/bombs like others have. Also, while the positional updating fix in trials was noticeable in Garuda and Ultima, my connection is still going to be shit for 5 more days so instakill mechanics are stressful. When I go home and get my 15ms back I'm going to go super saiyan.

But yeah I'm down for learning attempts on Titan EX anytime. That and getting some god damned pants are my priorities for the week.

Yup, desu made a list of relative dificulty that I now totally agree with. Too lazy to find it again but it was something like:

Garuda << Ifrit <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< Titan

After awhile you can do Garuda in your sleep. Ifrit is a little more frantic because something is always exploding or on fire but it's so much easier as far as dodging things goes. Even if you fail to dodge in Ifrit it's not like an insta-wipe because you can't be raised or anything. That and most of his new mechanics are all quite forgiving. Titan is Titan. Overall fun fights, although Ifrit was just a tad disasppointing difficulty-wise after the wall that was Titan. D:

Got my PLD Relic last night in one shot, started the quest when I got home and marathoned all the way. Thanks old DL tank gear!

Also, appreciate all the folks who helped out along the way as I powered through. Thanks a bunch.

I'm trying to unlock the Mog fight and it's telling me to do "Hest of the Best (Hero on the Halfshell)" but it's not in my duty finder. Would appreciate any help.

Sophia

I'm trying to unlock the Mog fight and it's telling me to do "Hest of the Best (Hero on the Halfshell)" but it's not in my duty finder. Would appreciate any help.

It's a Guildhest. If you don't have it, that means you haven't completed the previous guildhest and need to do so.

Got into a FC party that got real real close to killing Ultima...trying to nuke down the magitek bits when half of your dps is SMN...well...meh.

Just applied on the GAF guild site!

How long does that usually take?

I have a tab open with my Cc info in it ready to pay for the jump to ultros.

I'm excited and can't believe I would ever pay for such a thing!

There are officers usually online so it doesn't take very long at all. And hopefully you join! After the great purge, we could use more active peeps

Aeana

I'll invite you whenever you're online, and I'll accept the application on the site after I finish eating if nobody else has.

kierwynn

I just accepted you on the site. I'm on right now (as well as some others) who can invite.

Noi

I was originally gonna go Moon Cat, but playing as a cat person without slit pupils looks weiiiiird.

What male Miqo'te need are better hairstyles. Snow's bandana being one of the better hairstyles should not be allowed.

The model for this hair looks so bad. Looks like a wig in this game.
And is shameful.

I just finished "Beauty is only scalp deep" and imagine my face when the aesthetician turns the girl's hair into Lightning's, obviously, as She is the most beautiful being in the universe. Ugh, it really does look terrible.

Oh wow, Ifrit EM took only one whole Duty Finder lol. And I got the Inferno Bangles of Fending too. :D

Ta-da!

I assume DF groups for titan and ifrit EM are so successful because the carry train hasn't made it's way past Garuda EM yet. I better get on this before it changes. Fuck Christmas.

RK9039

So.. I tried turn 1, I was the off tank, the main tank always forgot to turn on Shield of Oath and also Fight or Flight before pulling Rayquaza :S

Anyway, when the boss splits are the DPS supposed to continue feeding for the stacks? I was off tanking 5+ stacks and died most of the time. People gave up in the end, I didn't do nothing wrong. I hope.

So.. I tried turn 1, I was the off tank, the main tank always forgot to turn on Shield of Oath and also Fight or Flight before pulling Rayquaza :S

Anyway, when the boss splits are the DPS supposed to continue feeding for the stacks? I was off tanking 5+ stacks and died most of the time. People gave up in the end, I didn't do nothing wrong. I hope.

Hey, even the best tanks has some lapsus regarding Shield! (like me)

I barely had any party that keep feeding the snakes. Im sure that's the intended way, but if your DPS don't suck by 4 stacks both snakes should be closer to death.

The only reason you may need to feed him after being split is because he had 1 stack when he did.

That said, "dying" is not such an anormal thing. At that point the surviving tanks kites the fusioned snake.

Also try to wait until 3 stacks to start using your CD, but 5+ stacks means basically death, your team DPS sucks. Period. Not your fault.

pablito

you're most likely fine. if you're with a group thats just starting endgame and not far along into their i90 gear, you might want to alter the strategy with more feeds. if your dps have multiple pieces and are familiar with the run, then 1-2 feeds is all you really need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom