• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
When using the Duty Finder, players are now unable to withdraw from combat.

Wait, what exactly does this mean?

Known issues:
 • An issue wherein the game client terminates abruptly. (PlayStation®3 version only)

Is this new, or the same issue the PS3 version has (at least in my experience) always had?

Ken

Yay.

jz91Qmb8ddARc.png

In you go.

Ken

How does the Christmas event works? Do I have to look for some fate outside the cities?

Yup. You can go to the one west of Moraby Drydocks called Stay Frosty. Just stand in the snow treant's AoE to get a snowbuff and punch imps.

Reknoc

Finally unlocked CT last night (early this morning) and god that was a hassle and a half. Thankfully they're more or less doable with 3-4 people but it was long and incredibly tedious, especially as they're all in pretty mob dense areas. Lost hope on the last one when I died, since it was one of the ones that stoneskined and at the time I was the only one who would silence it. Thankfully a few more people came to join.

Locking CT off behind fates was an awful idea.

Nohar

Merry christmas :)

So, I'm beginning to level-up a Scholar, and I plan to craft myself the HQ Vanya set, and meld materias onto it (I really don't like the Darklight set, it's more interesting stat-wise, and did I mention we can dye this beautiful robe?). However, I don't really know what should be melded where... Any advices/links?
I guess I still need to take into account the Crystal Tower stuff, but I haven't been lucky so far with CT parties, and I grew kinda tired of it.

dramatis

Merry christmas :)

So, I'm beginning to level-up a Scholar, and I plan to craft myself the HQ Vanya set, and meld materias onto it (I really don't like the Darklight set, it's more interesting stat-wise, and did I mention we can dye this beautiful robe?). However, I don't really know what should be melded where... Any advices/links?
I guess I still need to take into account the Crystal Tower stuff, but I haven't been lucky so far with CT parties, and I grew kinda tired of it.
Check the comments for each individual piece you need here: http://xivdb.com/?search/vanya

Stats-wise, the CT stuff is better than Vanya even if you meld materia into it. Also, the cost of a full Vanya set is 5625 philosophy tomes, compared to a full Darklight set which is 3510. That is not even counting crafted accessories vs Darklight accessories, for which certainly the crafted accessories are much better but also require many more dungeon runs (for instance, Darklight healer earrings cost 375 tomes vs. Rose Gold Earrings for which one type of the components cost 1125 tomes).

Of course, if you're willing to spend on the plummeting market, then currently it is still 9 x about 6k leading to about 54k per piece of armor you want. At that point you might as well just buy the piece off the market.

It's probably wiser to mix darklight with just the vanya robe and replace with CT gear as you go along.

K.Sabot

I'm about to go crazy if I don't get some sort of way to control my scholar pet like I could before the patch.

I just want it to auto cast, but also let me interject like I used to be able to.

quick question I connected my laptop to my tv but this games audio is still on the laptop but every other sound is on the tv. Is there a way you can fix that.

Caelestis

Any way to predict where roulette is sending you? Ever since I unlocked PS that's all I am getting. Can't stand that place, I am terrible at it and 30 min penalty is not helping. :/

edgefusion

Any way to predict where roulette is sending you? Ever since I unlocked PS that's all I am getting. Can't stand that place, I am terrible at it and 30 min penalty is not helping. :/

Nope! It's roulette for a reason. The only thing you get is the level which is a good indicator for the early dungeons, but not the 50s.

Mupod

• In The Wolves’ Den, the preparation time before a PvP match has been reduced to 1 minute (previously 2 minutes).

oh damn, megaton

this will make PVP a lot less annoying, too bad actual balancing is probably far off.

Taruranto

Blah, they changed the stats on the allagan healing circlet to remove the crit.

Christmas ruined.

But seriously, this game desperately needs interesting Gear stats like... now. SCH gear diversity is like the worst thing ever, NO ONE of the new items introduced with thew new fights is good for us. =_=

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Has any one switched GCs? If so, when is the best time to do it? when lvling a new class or when lvling craft/gatherer?

Ploid 3.0

while doing levequest a pink Item dropped. Whats different about them? The stats look amazing but I can't wear them.

It's probably from a coffer you found. They spawn randomly in levequests. The loot is also a bit random so it won't exactly be for your class each time. Just keep your eye open each time you do leves and hope it gives you something you can use.

Pink is just untradable, like rare/ex from ffxi. A bit special and unique.

Aeana

while doing levequest a pink Item dropped. Whats different about them? The stats look amazing but I can't wear them.
Pink means it has somewhat randomized stats. It can be better than green stuff of the same level, or worse. And two pieces with the same name can have different stats.

Mupod

I don't want to think about how WARs tried to hit accuracy cap pre-extreme axe. D:

Crafted gear with a LOT of accuracy materia slotted, myth belt, myth ring were my secret weapons. Was still just barely enough even with food active, so every turn 2 wipe was another toast.

The new titan earring has a buttload of accuracy but if you beat him you'll probably have most of your problems solved by the Dual Haken shortly.

Warrior myth boots help a lot too but I'd like to at least USE these allagan boots I've had forever. I think I have the worst luck imaginable for pants, I've never even seen i60 legs drop.

Ken

Crafted gear with a LOT of accuracy materia slotted, myth belt, myth ring were my secret weapons. Was still just barely enough even with food active, so every turn 2 wipe was another toast.

The new titan earring has a buttload of accuracy but if you beat him you'll probably have most of your problems solved by the Dual Haken shortly.

Warrior myth boots help a lot too but I'd like to at least USE these allagan boots I've had forever. I think I have the worst luck imaginable for pants, I've never even seen i60 legs drop.

I don't want to farm Titan for his earrings and I already have the Allagan ones with okay accuracy. Still need an i90 choker and maybe the myth ring, but HQ toast will cover me for coil.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3486325/

The primal accessories I have hurt with 0 accuracy. D: If I went Tremor earrings, it looks like the only way I'd hit unbuffed acc cap without relying on Coil would end up going a bit over it so I don't want to waste those points. Actually I guess I could replace the Rose Gold with Myth, and using Tremor would put me at 477~ acc but I'd lose out on 16 parry. @_@

Nose Master

Duty Roulette doesn't seem very random. I've gotten Copperbell, Sastasha, and Ifrit every time.

Ifrit is okay, since it's 150k for about 5 minutes of derping.

I want some of the later dungeons so I get bonus XP and actually relevant (for my level) gear :(

Mupod

Yeah pretty much the only reason I can play my warrior in coil right now without missing everything is I got lucky on the bracelet/choker drops in the last two weeks.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Duty Roulette doesn't seem very random. I've gotten Copperbell, Sastasha, and Ifrit every time.

Ifrit is okay, since it's 150k for about 5 minutes of derping.

I want some of the later dungeons so I get bonus XP and actually relevant (for my level) gear :(
I did an in progress Garuda last night... ohhhh it was messy.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
The experience of Crystal Tower pugs is a magical event that everyone should enjoy. Praise Lord Yoship for granting us the opportunity.

(Thanks Drama and Lunicia for saving us from an eternal nightmare)

Mupod

The experience of Crystal Tower pugs is a magical event that everyone should enjoy. Praise Lord Yoship for granting us the opportunity.

(Thanks Drama and Lunicia for saving us from an eternal nightmare)

click towers? Fuck that I'm far too alpha for that kind of job, I'm going to stand in front of behemoth and spam provoke with my AF gear and grand company sword.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Got the "I Got This" achievement through slapping five materia into my Botanist's Doublet. =x Didn't fail once. Happy Xmas indeed!

So I did Pharos Sirius and it wasn't that hard, maybe I had a good team, but I don't feel like you should be that geared or something.

Funny anecdote: Our first BLM with his iLvl 55 weapon and his DPS below mine (and I was PLD!) ragequitted us after our first boss attempt because we have been swarmed by adds, which was partially his fault. The other 3 were like:"Really?".

click towers? Fuck that I'm far too alpha for that kind of job, I'm going to stand in front of behemoth and spam provoke with my AF gear and grand company sword.

Those tanks that want MT and they can't keep hate are the worst. My iLvl 83 ass has to go to click towers while this guy keeps killing us all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom