• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromph

This tag is currently undergoing scheduled maintenance...
Staff Member
I fell i need to write all my DF nightmares.

But the most funny one.

From Tank (Full DL even Relic) in AK and "I'm unfamiliar with this dungeon" and wasn't using shield lob, circle of scorn, or even flash! (Sure, thanks you bought the account)

desu

The best thing of 2.1 patch:

ir0XErB.jpg

So horrible, all these people with no taste ... looks just super shitty.

Gromph

Staff Member
Admit it GAF. You love my waifu.

No, i don't!

I'm taru taru forever!!! I hate you, and considering to ban you for this blasphemy !! how you dare to do this? EH EH EH.

For an small price i can sell you the Fantasia i have laying in my retainer :D

Ken

So horrible, all these people with no taste ... looks just super shitty.

The worst thing is it looks really rushed and doesn't mesh well with the existing hairstyles quality-wise. The random strands of hair that levitate off the head really bother me.

Alucrid

Banned
So.. I tried turn 1, I was the off tank, the main tank always forgot to turn on Shield of Oath and also Fight or Flight before pulling Rayquaza :S

Anyway, when the boss splits are the DPS supposed to continue feeding for the stacks? I was off tanking 5+ stacks and died most of the time. People gave up in the end, I didn't do nothing wrong. I hope.

You just need better DPS. Our first kill was just by feeding the boss one slime at the start then burning the rest of the way. It's how we get through most content really...

desu

Surprisingly we got enough people together to play on christmas eve and we finally got to kill Titan Ex. Dunno but the hardest part of the fight was people having constant problems with lag in the fight, absolutely annoying. At least we got the nightmare mount as drop.

RK9039

Hey, even the best tanks has some lapsus regarding Shield! (like me)

I barely had any party that keep feeding the snakes. Im sure that's the intended way, but if your DPS don't suck by 4 stacks both snakes should be closer to death.

The only reason you may need to feed him after being split is because he had 1 stack when he did.

That said, "dying" is not such an anormal thing. At that point the surviving tanks kites the fusioned snake.

Also try to wait until 3 stacks to start using your CD, but 5+ stacks means basically death, your team DPS sucks. Period. Not your fault.

you're most likely fine. if you're with a group thats just starting endgame and not far along into their i90 gear, you might want to alter the strategy with more feeds. if your dps have multiple pieces and are familiar with the run, then 1-2 feeds is all you really need.

You just need better DPS. Our first kill was just by feeding the boss one slime at the start then burning the rest of the way. It's how we get through most content really...

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I guess I'll farm for some more gear before I try again, and look for better members.

Something pretty awesome just happened now. I just finished Copperbell Mines HM with only 3 people, some guy left us at the beginning (Duty Finder). I thought the second boss would be game over for us but the healer insisted we should try for fun anyways. We got him down on the second attempt with me placing the bombs and using brutal swing to stun him.

Third boss really should have been game over but somehow we managed to kill it, our healer must have been a pro or something. The Summoner took the adds, eventually died and I had to tank and also place the fodder for the sandworm. We didn't even have Limit Break, and the last few sandworm pulls nearly wiped me and my healer friend.

It was a good moment, but I will never see them again (I already forgot their names though).

tumblr_m6kv97o34c1r3jas1o1_500.gif

Surprisingly we got enough people together to play on christmas eve and we finally got to kill Titan Ex. Dunno but the hardest part of the fight was people having constant problems with lag in the fight, absolutely annoying. At least we got the nightmare mount as drop.

So all 3 ex primals can drop the mount?

Alucrid

Banned

Goddamit it i want this mount so bad.

Ken

Nice! We didn't get any mounts from our Titan kill. :(

aw yeah mercy stroke kill

Naar

How much does the Moggle whisker that drops from Good King Moggle go for? Isnt it the one you need for one of the furniture recipes? Is it rare?

Eiolon

If I have the PC version can I log into the PS4 version with the same account and continue playing, or do I need a whole new account?

Mairu

How much does the Moggle whisker that drops from Good King Moggle go for? Isnt it the one you need for one of the furniture recipes? Is it rare?

I can't imagine the furniture items selling for that much considering very few free companies are buying houses.

First week of playthrough and having fun with the game, but the Main Scenario story seems filled with dull filler quests every few levels.

/dance for Sylph, then /dance for others !

I personally would've removed those and just have the dungeons and Ifrit-type exciting events thingies for story purposes.

Tabris

I actually feel the opposite. I love those "filler" quests. A lot of them can be interesting / funny story wise. But mainly they can be done casually, so I can log in to do a couple quests and then log off.

Like for example, family just left after christmas eve dinner and I'm going to do a couple quests while cleaning up / doing laundry before I go to sleep. I wouldn't be able to do a dungeon or battle event in same time casually.

suzu

It's ok to invite my non-gaf friends to the Ultros GAF FC right? As long as they sign up on the guildworks site first?

HBroward

Man, Titan Extreme is one of those fights I hate healing, because no matter how good I'm doing, you can't heal people that get knocked off due to lag/lack of awareness/insert excuse here/etc, or one shot due to not handling bombs correctly, or any one of the other numerous ways DPS find to die in that fight. Get past heart regularly, because lets be honest it's pretty cake up until that point, but once adds are up, bomb phases are cycling, knock backs are going out, and 5 way landslides happen, shit just always finds a way to go downhill. People will get it in time, but it always sucks doing the incremental progress on a fight as unforgiving as this one.

Ken

Get past heart regularly, because lets be honest it's pretty cake up until that point, but once adds are up, bomb phases are cycling, knock backs are going out, and 5 way landslides happen, shit just always finds a way to go downhill.

Extreeeeeeeeeeeeeme.

Ploid 3.0

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I guess I'll farm for some more gear before I try again, and look for better members.

Something pretty awesome just happened now. I just finished Copperbell Mines HM with only 3 people, some guy left us at the beginning (Duty Finder). I thought the second boss would be game over for us but the healer insisted we should try for fun anyways. We got him down on the second attempt with me placing the bombs and using brutal swing to stun him.

Third boss really should have been game over but somehow we managed to kill it, our healer must have been a pro or something. The Summoner took the adds, eventually died and I had to tank and also place the fodder for the sandworm. We didn't even have Limit Break, and the last few sandworm pulls nearly wiped me and my healer friend.

It was a good moment, but I will never see them again (I already forgot their names though).

[I/tumblr_m6kv97o34c1r3jas1o1_500.gif[/IMG]

Remember that sad FFXI story with the music, the taru that liked to explore the world, and her party wanting to get more powerful? That kinda story will never work for ffxiv. I too met cool people in DF parties.

http://youtu.be/ARghlVjBab0

Gromph

Staff Member
There's a 22MB patch. I wonder what it does.

This
The following issues have been resolved:
 • An issue wherein certain monsters in the “Walk of Lament” area of the instanced dungeon “Labyrinth of the Ancients” would appear after incorrect time intervals.
 • An issue wherein the game client becomes unresponsive after targeting alliance members in the instanced dungeon “Labyrinth of the Ancients”.
 • An issue wherein players were unable to progress through the quest “Most Adorable Death Ever”.
 • An issue wherein the monster “Ultima Weapon” did not perform certain actions during the instanced battle “The Minstrel's Ballad: Ultima's Bane”.
 • An issue wherein ground-targeting abilities could not be used in the instanced dungeon “The Binding Coil of Bahamut - Turn 1”.
 • An issue wherein, during the boss battle in the instanced dungeon “The Wanderer’s Palace,” if the monster “Tonberry Cutter” reached 0 HP while rendered immobile from an effect such as “Stun”, it remained at 0 HP and could not be defeated.
 • An issue wherein class-specific Bonus Rewards were incorrectly granted to non-applicable classes when using the Duty Roulette.
 • An issue wherein some ground-targeting actions could not be seen when the Battle Effects Settings option was set to Simple.
 • An issue wherein the player’s sheathed weapon would not become unsheathed when casting spells.
 • An issue wherein the Vote Dismiss function could not be used on players who had logged out while in instanced areas.
 • An issue wherein Disciples of the Land were able to obtain additional timeworn maps without waiting 18 hours (Earth time) after having already obtained a timeworn map.
 • An issue wherein players could see the quantity of out of reach items at unspoiled gathering points.
 • An issue wherein, when using the “Sort” feature for the Retainer, the order of items was not saved correctly.
 • An issue wherein gear will not “Bind” after a PvP match in the Wolves’ Den.
 • An issue wherein dyeing the items “Hetairos Mail” and “Hetairos Breeches” would render portions of the character invisible.
 • An issue wherein, during synthesis of a recipe that requires only a single ingredient, when that ingredient is selected, the icon would not be displayed.
 • An issue wherein it was possible to catch nameless fish.
 • An issue wherein using the Ctrl+C command in the Chat Log would not copy text correctly.
 • An issue wherein the incorrect numerical value was displayed in the devaluation timer for plots of land on Legacy Worlds.
 • An issue wherein the player housing servers would be down under certain circumstances.
 • An issue wherein, if a character uses the aesthetician’s services to change hairstyle or apply face paint, their Mark of the Twelve disappears.
  o It is possible to resolve this issue by using the “/legacymark off” command followed by the “/legacymark on” command.
 • Text and other grammatical errors within the text found in the Duty List, Journal, and NPC dialogue.
 • An issue wherein pet names would not appear in the Chat Log after using pet actions.

The following adjustments have been made:
 • When using the Duty Finder, players are now unable to withdraw from combat.
 • When using the Party Search function, the Role criteria is now set to Free by default.
 • In The Wolves’ Den, the preparation time before a PvP match has been reduced to 1 minute (previously 2 minutes).
 • In the Wolves’ Den, the amount of time after which players are automatically withdrawn due to unresponsiveness has been reduced to 2 minutes.
 • The bonus attributes for the items below were changed by mistake, and have been reverted to their original values.
  o Allagan Circlet of Healing
    MND+18 VIT+18 Determination+15 PIE+11
  o Allagan Breeches of Healing
    VIT+29 MND+29 PIE+26 Critical Hit Rate+24
  o Allagan Boots of Casting
    INT+18 VIT+18 Critical Hit Rate+21 Accuracy+15
 • Additional instances have been placed for “Labyrinth of the Ancients.”

Known issues:
 • An issue wherein the game client terminates abruptly. (PlayStation®3 version only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom