• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esura

Banned
are you in ultros? your heartwarming story earns my sympathies and ill run it with you

Yeah, I'm in Ultros. My second time, speed runners but was much more nicer, well everyone but the Scholar in AF2 gear. Game froze on me. T_T

If you're using PUGs, you'll find that most of them just want to speed run the dungeon for their tomestones. It gets even worse on the PS3 because of load-times. The only thing I can tell you is to get FC folks or shout for a like-minded group (or a group that is cool with first-time players).

I don't get why they use DF for speed runs. It takes like 20 minutes for me as a healer to find someone in that thing. Can't imagine how long it would take a DPS....that's like the opposite of speedy....

I don't have anyone else I can party with right now...

you really shouldn't be watching cutscenes in a group from shouts. if DF though, all bets are off.

It's Duty Finder I used.

Mileena

Banned
Yeah, I'm in Ultros. My second time, speed runners but was much more nicer, well everyone but the Scholar in AF2 gear. Game froze on me. T_T

I don't get why they use DF for speed runs. It takes like 20 minutes for me as a healer to find someone in that thing. Can't imagine how long it would take a DPS....that's like the opposite of speedy....

I don't have anyone else I can party with right now...

It's Duty Finder I used.

just call them idiots for trying to speedrun in DF and continue watching your cutscenes.

Qvoth

are there any iOS or Android apps for this?

ios has both libra eorzea app (basically wiki) and the freesoftware token app
android only has the free software token app

anyway guys, i've left the ultros fc in preparation for next week's server transfers, thanks for everything and good bye
gonna head to tonberry

kierwynn

Team vanya looking awesome! Thanks to docbon for crafting the robe! <3

L2kxVJn.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
FDCEFF720CBBABE784EF20DC32A820FAB99302A0

Another relic in the bag. Thanks to aeana/docbon for saving me from titan stomps that got me to 16 hp.

And devious.one. Who actually healed me.

Voror

Alright, got everything installed and updated but I won't be starting till tomorrow. I've been having a bit of trouble picking which class to try out first, though the armory seems to alleviate this somewhat.

Down to Lancer or Pugilist, though I'm leaning to Lancer for starters. First time I've done this sort of thing so looking forward to it.

gribbles

Banned
Is it just me or are most ppl in the GAF FC unhelpful at best, and flat out selfish at worst?

Yesterday, I spent roughly 20 minutes asking ppl in the GAF FC if they would be willing to help me run Hydra so I could get my relic weapon. With the exception of one gaffer, literally everyone ignored me all my repeated requests for help. One gaffer even made a smarmy comment at me, which was completely uncalled for. It seems that now that most gaffers have already got their relics, they've adopted a FUCK YOU GOT MINE attitude to helping newbies.

Maybe I should consider switching FCs.

Aeana

Is it just me or are most ppl in the GAF FC unhelpful at best, and flat out selfish at worst?

Yesterday, I spent roughly 20 minutes asking ppl in the GAF FC if they would be willing to help me run Hydra so I could get my relic weapon. With the exception of one gaffer, literally everyone ignored me all my repeated requests for help. One gaffer even made a smarmy comment at me, which was completely uncalled for. It seems that now that most gaffers have already got their relics, they refuse to help any newbies get theirs.

Well, people aren't just sitting around doing nothing able to come help at any moment. It very well could have been that people who would have helped were busy. An AK run can take 30+ minutes, for example. There are definitely people in the FC who don't help much or at all, but I wouldn't say that's the majority.

Ultrabum

Yesterday, I spent roughly 20 minutes asking ppl in the GAF FC if they would be willing to help me run Hydra so I could get my relic weapon. With the exception of one gaffer, literally everyone ignored me all my repeated requests for help. One gaffer even made a smarmy comment at me, which was completely uncalled for. It seems that now that most gaffers have already got their relics, they've adopted a FUCK YOU GOT MINE attitude to helping newbies.

Switch and let me know if it's better.

Had someone complain in my fc chat today that no one will help with stone vigil and that he was leaving.

Alucrid

Banned

You're Anime Bodypillow right?

Could be you just caught people at a bad time. I actually notice more people in the GAF FC willing to lend a hand to help compared to most other MMOs I've played.

In the last OT I think I saw someone link a website that showed you where all the repeatable leves were for the crafting quests... anyone happen to have it? I didn't get a chance to bookmark it :(

Alucrid

Banned

Esura

Banned
I'm not even apart of the GAF FC and I had a few of the members help me out with my FATE grinding to get to level 50 the other night. Forgot their names...

They taught me a trick with Regen on that DD FATE in North Than. Freaking 300+ chain off those mobs....so good.....

It's just you.

docbon

I helped multiple groups run through hydra, ifrit, and titan today. Sorry If I didn't see you asking for help in chat.

I don't really do endgame stuff except...no I hate endgame but I will help people run earlier stuff. Helped someone run Brayflox earlier today.

Isaccard

I'm guessing people with these misconceptions about being in a guild that it's their first MMO. No one is just sitting around online waiting to help the first person who's asking for help.

Esura

Banned
Oooh now you got me curious!

The person who told me was a Bard. He spammed some song thing and told me to cast Regen on him and the other AOE users and focus on only keeping that up. I touched not one of those hooded enemies and got so much chains and EXP off it. He said the Regen counts as a tag on the enemies or something like that. I find that its incredibly helpful on other members too in other FATEs where DPSes kill up the enemy fast. Cast Regen on a party member and I get insta participation credit...provided the person I Regened is attacking something.

docbon

The person who told me was a Bard. He spammed some song thing and told me to cast Regen on him and the other AOE users and focus on only keeping that up. I touched not one of those hooded enemies and got so much chains and EXP off it. He said the Regen counts as a tag on the enemies or something like that.

~ * ~ secrets ~ * ~

Kokonoe

Banned
LOL The Goblin FATE happened at Quarrymill, the one where you have to retrieve stolen crates and give them to the NPC. Well, a Thaumaturge rode there on his Magitek armor and aggroed 3 Goblins instantly. He immediately hops off to fight them for whatever reason, but the second he starts casting his first offensive magic spell he just instantly dies. It looked so funny cause it looked like he hopped off just to die.

I casted Raise the second he died but he immediately warped back.

jiggle

How are they going to fix all the exploited Gil being circulated into the economy?
I remember something like that happening in ffxi one Christmas that caused some crazy inflation, and took years to fix

Esura

Banned
~ * ~ secrets ~ * ~

I wish I found more secrets like this.

Tomorrow I will try Castrum again and then Prae then level Tharmaturge. FATEs are going to be prolly fun instead of a chore as a DPS. Or maybe Archer because while Tharma would be nice for it's Swiftcast for my White Mage but Bards just seem cool. Will never tank though, healing is stressful enough as is....

Alucrid

Banned
I find healing easier than DPS personally.

I just have to figure out the easiest way of targeting. I have everyon's HP bars turned on so I do that, but some fights get hectic later on so that might not work great. I don't know the F1-F8 order memorized enough, so maybe the party window. I'm only a 25 CNJ anyways at the moment.

Ken

I just have to figure out the easiest way of targeting. I have everyon's HP bars turned on so I do that, but some fights get hectic later on so that might not work great. I don't know the F1-F8 order memorized enough, so maybe the party window. I'm only a 25 CNJ anyways at the moment.

i just heal using the party window. makes it muuuuch easier than trying to click actual character models

Esura

Banned
I find healing easier than DPS personally.

Healing was so easy until Brayflox...then it started becoming just a tad bit stressful. Something goes wrong, blame the healer or tank....

I heard Monks were pretty difficult but I figured most DPS classes would be easy. Then again, I never touched a DPS class yet so it could be a case of grass seems to be greener on the other side type stuff.

Esura

Banned
D-pad up and down is pretty cool...for 4 member parties. These non-FATE 8 members required dungeons / boss fights is freaking difficult to manage.

Alucrid

Banned
D-pad up and down is pretty cool...for 4 member parties. These non-FATE 8 members required dungeons / boss fights is freaking difficult to manage.

It's too late to learn to use the controller for me. I only use it for gathering now. Same reason why I still click stuff and can only play SSFIV with a 360 controller.

Kokonoe

Banned
Healing was so easy until Brayflox...then it started becoming just a tad bit stressful. Something goes wrong, blame the healer or tank....

I heard Monks were pretty difficult but I figured most DPS classes would be easy. Then again, I never touched a DPS class yet so it could be a case of grass seems to be greener on the other side type stuff.

I played endgame White Mage in FFXI, and so far everything in this game by comparison for healer is like a breeze for me due to that. I mean I don't even have to sit down to rest my MP, I don't have to worry about my spells being interrupted, I don't have to worry about running out of MP, and I can actually take hits and have so many more options.

If you want the easiest DPS, it's either Bard or Black Mage. You don't have to dodge much in dungeons and you can sit back and do damage from afar without worry. Endgame for up close DPS requires you dodging a lot.

Alucrid

Banned
I played endgame White Mage in FFXI, and so far everything in this game by comparison for healer is like a breeze for me due to that. I mean I don't even have to sit down to rest my MP, I don't have to worry about my spells being interrupted, I don't have to worry about running out of MP, and I can actually take hits and have so many more options.

If you want the easiest DPS, it's either Bard or Black Mage. You don't have to dodge much in dungeons and you can sit back and do damage from afar without worry. Endgame for up close DPS requires you dodging a lot.

I'd say bard over takes it for easy even against a blm simply because of their casting times.

Kokonoe

Banned

I use the FFXI style way since it's easier for me. It's just (on a controller) hitting DPad Up or Down to select their names. I think it's just fine since I was able to use it fine in alliances in FFXI which were 3 parties of 6

This exploit sort of reminds me of the salvage duping in FFXI that occurred a few years ago. They quietly patched it and several months later issued massive bannings to even the most dedicated players after reading what they said was a year worth of logs in the affected zones. This seems much more dire though.

This exploit sort of reminds me of the salvage duping in FFXI that occurred a few years ago. They quietly patched it and several months later issued massive bannings to even the most dedicated players after reading what they said was a year worth of logs in the affected zones. This seems much more dire though.

It was also released into the wild quickly and relatively early in the game's lifetime. Squenix needs to address it promptly though, before people start making tools which make it easy to use the exploit and massive numbers of players start abusing it.

Dunan

Another targeting question: supposedly a non-Conjurer can't add Raise to their hotbar and Raise allies in FATEs and instanced battles. How about plain old Cure? I have it for my Thaumaturge but can't seem to target anyone but myself and NPC allies (green health bars). Is it possible to heal other NPCs? I have all the checkboxes checked in the menu where you control what can be targeted.

Ken

Another targeting question: supposedly a non-Conjurer can't add Raise to their hotbar and Raise allies in FATEs and instanced battles.

keep in mind conjurers get a trait that allows in-combat Raise that doesn't carry over when raise is cross classed

Kokonoe

Banned
Another targeting question: supposedly a non-Conjurer can't add Raise to their hotbar and Raise allies in FATEs and instanced battles. How about plain old Cure? I have it for my Thaumaturge but can't seem to target anyone but myself and NPC allies (green health bars). Is it possible to heal other NPCs? I have all the checkboxes checked in the menu where you control what can be targeted.

I've healed others as Lancer with Cure during FATEs.

Dunan

keep in mind conjurers get a trait that allows in-combat Raise that doesn't carry over when raise is cross classed

I've healed others as Lancer with Cure during FATEs.

Kokonoe, how did you target people? I'm using a PS3 controller. Pressing left or right on the D-pad cycles through NPCs and up/down switches the target to myself, but how did you get to PC allies?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom