• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Is it just me or are most ppl in the GAF FC unhelpful at best, and flat out selfish at worst?

Yesterday, I spent roughly 20 minutes asking ppl in the GAF FC if they would be willing to help me run Hydra so I could get my relic weapon. With the exception of one gaffer, literally everyone ignored me all my repeated requests for help. One gaffer even made a smarmy comment at me, which was completely uncalled for. It seems that now that most gaffers have already got their relics, they've adopted a FUCK YOU GOT MINE attitude to helping newbies.

Maybe I should consider switching FCs.

I try to help when I have time and if it's something I can actually do and I see other willing to do the same as well. It's just a question of timing. If the people on are already doing something, it's much less probable they'll drop everything to come help.

I'd like to help with Relic quest fights but I still have to even get the 2 materia to meld into my weapon, so I don't think I can help at all with those fights.

---------

In other news, I popped my Ifrit HM cherry today with a group of 5 Gaffers. Only did it twice and no WHM weapon, but at least i learned first hand the fight.
The first time I performed well, dodging, healing, ressing.
The second time, I started off well, but then I started dropping dead like an idiot, with Kera Shan ressing my sorry ass only for me to die again. Even managed to die under Ifrit's ass when he fills the room with plumes. I was like, "yes, safe!" as I reached the safe spot but nope, it was "you're dead".
Ah well, hopefully it'll be more lucky next time.

KeRaSh

Pretty worried about potential rollbacks now. Did some serious home-strech FATE grinding this week and will have quite some playtime on my hands today and tomorrow. Hopefully it will not be wasted!

Kokonoe

Banned
Kokonoe, how did you target people? I'm using a PS3 controller. Pressing left or right on the D-pad cycles through NPCs and up/down switches the target to myself, but how did you get to PC allies?

I used DPad Left in this screenshot just now and it worked fine.

ilSXOYb2B2Rgs.jpg

Might want to recheck your character configuration filters once more so that Non-Party PCs are checked too.

wrongway

In other news, I popped my Ifrit HM cherry today with a group of 5 Gaffers. Only did it twice and no WHM weapon, but at least i learned first hand the fight.
The first time I performed well, dodging, healing, ressing.
The second time, I started off well, but then I started dropping dead like an idiot, with Kera Shan ressing my sorry ass only for me to die again. Even managed to die under Ifrit's ass when he fills the room with plumes. I was like, "yes, safe!" as I reached the safe spot but nope, it was "you're dead".
Ah well, hopefully it'll be more lucky next time.

Hah, that fight was fantastic, easily the most white-knuckled adventure in healing by far. I'm 0-4 on relevant Ifrit drops myself, but it was fun to check it out.

oh god why am i still up

1374115_698225736872619_1379967835_n.jpg

Sometimes, when things are just going horribly wrong in a group(Dps man, dps) and the tank has left and you waited nearly a half-hour in queue, you gotta have fun with it instead of getting all pissy.....I crack myself up, ahhh good times, good times. It was fun chatting it up with the guildies though! leet speak and rollbacks and buttonloggers. Fun stuff!

Dunan

I used DPad Left in this screenshot just now and it worked fine.

ilSXOYb2B2Rgs.jpg

Might want to recheck your character configuration filters once more so that Non-Party PCs are checked too.

Well, I couldn't ask for more solid proof than that!

I'll check the configuration again. D-Pad Left would be nice and easy.

Was this posted? http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/105004-Details-on-the-Upcoming-Hot-Fix

Details on the Upcoming Hot Fix

Greetings!

As we mentioned recently, we will be performing a hot fix next week where we will be performing adjustments and addressing various things. While the specific details will be announced separately, I would like to give you an overview of what will be done ahead of time.

Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
The difficulty for level 50 dungeons will be adjusted.
The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.
Implementation of a population cap for each field.
Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.

In addition to the above adjustments we will also be fixing a number of bugs.

KeRaSh

Quick question: I saw some screenshots with the controller UI AND straight ability rows like on the PC. Can I combine them on the PS3?
I'd love to have some buffs from my second set of abilities available through my KB while having my basic combos and DD abilities mapped to the controller.

Details on the Upcoming Hot Fix

Greetings!

As we mentioned recently, we will be performing a hot fix next week where we will be performing adjustments and addressing various things. While the specific details will be announced separately, I would like to give you an overview of what will be done ahead of time.
Changes will be made to the way equipment is bound.
Introducing additional servers and enhancements to act as a countermeasure against the congestion to enter "Amdapor Keep."
The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire.

Implementation of a population cap for each field.
Adjustments to the spawn rate of monsters that drop diremite web and additional locations where Karakul can be found.
The amount of experience points that can be acquired on botanist and miner, as well the experience points that can be acquired from their fieldcraft leves, will be increased.
User interface elements related to materia and target information will be adjusted.

In addition to the above adjustments we will also be fixing a number of bugs.

Interesting!

Lily

Great, getting bored of running AK over and over and over...

In what way? Increased or decreased?

Lain

Population cap for each field? "Sorry, can't zone into South Shroud, population cap reached"? I hope I'm reading that wrong.

Awntawn

Must have been a good noticeable number of dropped subs for them to finally decide to get their asses in gear :O

raven777

This has to be making the spawn rate faster so the prices of diremite and fleece decrease, right?

WolvenOne

Oh, nice fixing!

AK may be an excellent dungeon, buuut, it does get a little tiring running it over and over.

For that matter, I still haven't ran Aurum Vale or Wanderers Palace, so it might be nice if they add Myth Tomes there too.

Also, raising the Myth cap is VERY nice.

raven777

Oh, nice fixing!

AK may be an excellent dungeon, buuut, it does get a little tiring running it over and over.

For that matter, I still haven't ran Aurum Vale or Wanderers Palace, so it might be nice if they add Myth Tomes there too.

As far as I know they are not increasing the 300 limit per week, if you are talking about that.

Awntawn

Oh, nice fixing!

Not sure if they mean raising the cap or raising the amount you get per dungeon run

WolvenOne

As far as I know they are not increasing the 300 limit per week, if you are talking about that.

The number of areas where you can acquire Allagan Tomestones of Philosophy and Mythology will be increased as well as the amount you can acquire

They're either increasing the amount of Tomes you get for completing dungeons, or raising the myth Cap. One would speed up how quickly you could get Darklight Gear, the other would speed up how quickly you could get Relic Gear.

I suppose it's probably more likely that they'd ease the requirements for getting Darklight however.

raven777

They're either increasing the amount of Tomes you get for completing dungeons, or raising the myth Cap. One would speed up how quickly you could get Darklight Gear, the other would speed up how quickly you could get Relic Gear.

I suppose it's probably more likely that they'd ease the requirements for getting Darklight however.

I am pretty sure this just means you get more tomestones per dungeon than right now. This will just have more effect on Philosophy so people get more darklight.

I remember Yoshi-P saying they have no plans to increase the 300 cap until at least after 2.1 patch so I doubt this patch will lift the limit.

But it would be nice if the 300 cap is indeed increased.

Ferr986

I remember Yoshi-P saying they have no plans to increase the 300 cap until at least after 2.1 patch so I doubt this patch will lift the limit.

ouch...

well, atleast I could start my DL set for BRD (was holding on doing the relic bow quest because I have no desire to spam CM again for the DL).

WolvenOne

Well, depending on when in November they release 2.1, there may not even be enough weeks left to go Relic before 2.1 hits, with a cap of 300, and increasing the number of dungeons where Tomes drop already effectively increases how many you can get in a given day.

So it's possible that, they're increasing the Cap next week, to make certain the bulk of players near the end game now, are ready for 2.1 by the time it hits.

Or not, this is of course pure speculation.

Awntawn

Well, depending on when in November they release 2.1, there may not even be enough weeks left to go Relic before 2.1 hits, with a cap of 300, and increasing the number of dungeons where Tomes drop already effectively increases how many you can get in a given day.

So it's possible that, they're increasing the Cap next week, to make certain the bulk of players near the end game now, are ready for 2.1 by the time it hits.

You don't need any myths for relic, only for +1. I don't think +1 is going to be a prereq for Crystal Tower

Ferr986

Seeing as how the Crystal Tower is ilvl80, I assume theres no need to have ilvl90 for the dungeon.
Yoshi-P already said CT will be easier than Coil.

KeRaSh

Sorry for reposting my question but I think it got drowned by the hotfix information:

Quick question: I saw some screenshots with the controller UI AND straight ability rows like on the PC. Can I combine them on the PS3? If so, how?
I'd love to have some buffs from my second set of abilities available through my KB while having my basic combos and DD abilities mapped to the controller.

GorillaJu

I hope they don't increase myth cap. Sure it's completely artificial but if everyone was able to gear up 2nd or 3rd jobs with AF2 gear and Relic+1 it'd lesson the impact of having the top end gear. It should take time and be a tough decision in gearing up with that stuff. To me, AF2 and Relic+1 is you "marrying" your primary job.

WolvenOne

Is it just me or acre most ppl in the GAF FC unhelpful at best, and flat out selfish at worst?

Yesterday, I spent roughly 20 minutes asking ppl in the GAF FC if they would be willing to help me run Hydra so I could get my relic weapon. With the exception of one gaffer, literally everyone ignored me all my repeated requests for help. One gaffer even made a smarmy comment at me, which was completely uncalled for. It seems that now that most gaffers have already got their relics, they've adopted a FUCK YOU GOT MINE attitude to helping newbies.

Maybe I should consider switching FCs.

Well, no group this size is going to be made up entirely of, perfectly well behaved individuals. I mean, we're talking 500+ people plus overflow.

That said, my experience is that its a matter of timing. There have been a lot of instances where I asked a favor of people, got no response, came back ten minutes later after a Garuda pug, and instantly filled an eight person party.

A lot of times, people are running dungeons, aren't paying attention to FC chat, or weren't even online when you asked.

So don't get upset if there aren't party openings right away. Do something else for a little while and try again.

Also, gonna try my hand at Hydra again soon, so who knows, maybe we'll end up in the same party.

WolvenOne

I hope they don't increase myth cap. Sure it's completely artificial but if everyone was able to gear up 2nd or 3rd jobs with AF2 gear and Relic+1 it'd lesson the impact of having the top end gear. It should take time and be a tough decision in gearing up with that stuff. To me, AF2 and Relic+1 is you "marrying" your primary job.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm already married to warriar class.

Cat-Viking fits my personality somehow. XD

Ferr986

To be fair, even if you're just gearing 1 job it takes too long to complete a full AF2. Especially if we get new gear in 2.2 that will outdate the current AF2. (thats just speculation from my part, of course).

Also, a big point of this game is being able to level multiple jobs, but theres no point on that if you cant gear up a second job in enough time before that gear gets outdated.
Not saying we should be able to get the best gear in all jobs, but atleast in a main and secondary job..

GorillaJu

To be fair, even if you're just gearing 1 job it takes too long to complete a full AF2. Especially if we get new gear in 2.2 that will outdate the current AF2. (thats just speculation from my part, of course).

Also, a big point of this game is being able to level multiple jobs, but theres no point on that if you cant gear up a second job in enough time before that gear gets outdated.
Not saying we should be able to get the best gear in all jobs, but atleast in a main and secondary job..

There is AK and Allagan gear for that reason – gearing your 2nd and 3rd jobs. And you'll definitely be able to get a full set of AF2 before 2.2 comes out – 2.2 is still a ways off. Yeah you may replace it with 2.2 gear. Such is MMOs, where your working hard for one gear set eventually gets marginalized when newer and better gear that's easier to get comes out.

If you want a full set of BIS armor for 3 different jobs, make three different characters.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously got trolled on Titan twice in a row, had 2 happen yesterday, a few before that

Why the hell would you join then insta-withdraw, wasting time

Seriously, you waste time waiting through a DF then bounce

I've gotten to the heart multiple times with PUG's, it's just wave 5 when most lose their cool and start fucking up

Now these troll withdraws are really starting to piss me off

Zomba13

Seriously got trolled on Titan twice in a row, had 2 happen yesterday, a few before that

Why the hell would you join then insta-withdraw, wasting time

Seriously, you waste time waiting through a DF then bounce

I've gotten to the heart multiple times with PUG's, it's just wave 5 when most lose their cool and start fucking up

Now these troll withdraws are really starting to piss me off

To force you to buy a Titan win.

Tash

Well it might work, the going rate on Ultros at the moment is 150K, that's like 3 hours mining for me

I wanna finish up BLM, so I can start PLD relic >_<

500k on Phoenix..good thing we are almost done with Coil, too..
Seriously would never pay for content like this..

Ferr986

Are you referring to this new exploit? I need links and more info!!!

Are there any responses from SE yet, seems like they are aware if they banned someone already.

If this is the thing Im reading right now...

Holy shit at SE incompetence

EDIT: I see it has been already mentioned it here, didnt catch up till now.

MechaX

Due to how much of a bitch Ifrit is when it comes to dropping his weapon and given how no one seems to ever run Garuda in the FC or even in DF, I'm really tempted to throw in the towel and just gun straight for my relic weapon.

In terms of Titan, how much HP would I need at minimum to survive his attacks? And would I really, really need a primal weapon just to do enough damage to not have the group wipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom