• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh. Horse head crap in this game too.

FOsjihg.gif

suzu

2014 is the Year of the Horse, although that helmet is ridiculous looking. lmao

Edit: Too bad it seems they never made a Snake one. :O ..Oops, they did. But only in one color.

Valus

Speaking of the armoire, why can't we put all the holiday gear in there? For me it's only letting me stick the Reindeer Suit in, but the Snowman & Santa outfits aren't coming up.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Three questions!

1) Should I be leveling my first class to 50 and then starting a new one? Or is there some accepted way to level?

3) Outside of FATE leveling, is it basically just grinding Leves? And where DO you FATE grind? I'm only level 18 on GLD...I haven't done much outside of Ul'Dah things.

2) What's the deal with holiday stuff? Am I missing out on things being new to the game?

Aeana

Three questions!

1) Should I be leveling my first class to 50 and then starting a new one? Or is there some accepted way to level?

3) Outside of FATE leveling, is it basically just grinding Leves? And where DO you FATE grind? I'm only level 18 on GLD...I haven't done much outside of Ul'Dah things.

2) What's the deal with holiday stuff? Am I missing out on things being new to the game?
For your first job, you can just do quests. But you can also do dungeons to level. Post-2.1, the experience from dungeons was boosted quite a bit, and doing dungeons if your level is very worthwhile.

As for #1, you get a 50% EXP bonus up to your highest job's level on other jobs, so it's best to have something higher than other jobs.

Sophia

At level 30 you'll need to switch to your appropriate sub class to unlock your job. In this case, you say you're a Gladiator at level 18. At level 30 you'd want to switch to Conjurer and level it to 15 so you can unlock the Paladin job for your Gladiator class.

dark_chris

Ultros is so awesome.

Some old pics of our gathering
2013-12-15_00004_zps0e935752.jpg

2013-12-15_00003_zpsbd05542b.jpg

2013-12-15_00002_zpsbea4ae7d.jpg

These two kept looking at me like this. I was all o_O the heck? lol.
2013-11-21_00004_zps99c277a8.jpg

I thought Lightning looked great in XIV. Its a shame
that we don't get to see her interaction within the world, but only in the cutscene and fighting, nothing else. She even mentioned going to places. it woulda been nice to see all that ya know?
2013-11-20_00002_zps33ff7b00.jpg

The guy had the snowman hat on in PVP cause he said it "strikes fear into the enemy". Hilariously enough, we won that battle.
2013-12-23_00004_zps4d8efcac.jpg

A funny glitch happened. The Lunatic Priest boss from AK said "You have forced my hand" and ran outta the battle field and didn't stop running. He clipped outta the map. everyone couldn't stop laughing. lmao.
2013-10-22_00002_zps48828a81.jpg

2013-10-22_00001_zps7cfdc4e2.jpg

Playing this for the first time. I did play ff11 and have played a lot of other MMOs before. I'm leaning towards a THM, but also kind of want to play a healer or tank.

Playing this for the first time. I did play ff11 and have played a lot of other MMOs before. I'm leaning towards a THM, but also kind of want to play a healer or tank.

Tanks are always needed and both are very viable now. Healers...well they are always needed but there are honestly a ton of them.

Torquill

For the new Legacy player having trouble. Your old char will only appear on the server you were originally on, not any ol Legacy server. You'll have to do some digging but you can probably find an old post from SE showing which old servers were transferred to which new servers.

Mairu

It would be nice if the Low level Duty Roulette was split into two groups, 1-30 & 31-49 or something. I get real tired of running Halatali and Satasha :/

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
For the new Legacy player having trouble. Your old char will only appear on the server you were originally on, not any ol Legacy server. You'll have to do some digging but you can probably find an old post from SE showing which old servers were transferred to which new servers.

Should just have to look at the world selection list at the character selection screen. Should show the number of characters you have in each world.

Haven't played in awhile though but my legacy characters were all there from the start.

Luigi87

Finally unlocked Dragoon. Stopped playing through the story and leveled MRD so I could so as I waited for my friend to hopefully catch up to me, because he was hoping to, but then hasn't played all week (and is still lv.12), so... I do feel that I should continue on.

There are two tanks? I'm still not sure how classes work.

How is leveling a tank? Like solo quests and stuff.

To get a job, basically you level two classes, one to 30 and one to 15 to unlock the job. I don't know much about the differences between the two tanks, Paladin and Warrior. You'd need to ask someone who is a tank to elaborate.

Leveling a tank is really easy. You have to do dungeons where you play with others but since you're a tank, queues are very fast for you.

Sophia

Man, this fight was such a waste of resources.

It's fun and everything, but no one is going to do it ever again with that reward.

I bet the questline required more resources then the fight itself. It's virtually unchanged from it's original incarnation in the legacy game.

Kwixotik

Two questions:

1. I have MIN and ARM at 30, with ALC, CUL, LTW, and GSM at 15. Any money-making suggestions?

2. Can someone explain to me how to PVP as a PLD?

Man, this fight was such a waste of resources.

It's fun and everything, but no one is going to do it ever again with that reward.

It's a fun fight when you have a group that can get him down...fight calms down a ton once you knock out a few moogles.

And sorry anyone if I seem down on my job (SMN), having one of those crisis of faith thingies. Maybe I'll feel better about my ability once I can do Coil.

Talaysen

Does the Duty Roulette actually try to put you in a party of appropriate level players that needed the dungeon or just anybody in the queue? Because I've ran the beginning ones with 3 other people on a 45-50 job, and that is kind of lame.

Anybody in the GAF guild wants to do treasure hunts? I am stuck with 3 Peisteskin maps and have no more place to put a 4th one, might just sell them if there is no interest.

EDIT: To be honest, I would say I hate being stuck in a party with people that's there because of Duty Roulette, especially main scenario quests. More often than not they act as if their time is more valuable, always rushing and trying to skip things, which result in screw ups. I know the whole idea of the roulette is to fill spots that are needed, but it also increases the opportunities of getting jerks who is just there for the quick tomes.

From what I understand, duty roulette puts you in a dungeon that already has someone trying to run it normally. So you should nearly always have one person in the party (or more rarely) who is either running it for the first time or for EXP. The exceptions are if they dropped and you got in an in-progress one or they withdrew when the queue popped.

Pretty much every time I ran there was one person who was new or just wanted EXP for leveling. Once I got an in-progress party where the new person had disconnected.

From what I understand, duty roulette puts you in a dungeon that already has someone trying to run it normally. So you should nearly always have one person in the party (or more rarely) who is either running it for the first time or for EXP. The exceptions are if they dropped and you got in an in-progress one or they withdrew when the queue popped.

Pretty much every time I ran there was one person who was new or just wanted EXP for leveling. Once I got an in-progress party where the new person had disconnected.
I joined a Halatali today with 3 lv40+ people. I was lv29.
The best thing to do would be throwing me on Hawke Manor, not Halatali...

wfries

Neo Member
I'm getting the following error message when trying to install the game:

A problem occurred while updating. Please restart FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version). [11006][20641][20643].

Has anyone seen this error message before? I've tried the usual troubleshooting steps (installing with firewall/antivirus turned off, restarting computer, deleted the download files in C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn path, made sure ports were open on router, etc...). I've tried googling the error message and haven't had much luck finding a solution. If anyone has seen this error message before and knows how to fix it I would really appreciate it.

I'm using Windows 8 pro 64-bit

rubius01

I'm getting the following error message when trying to install the game:

A problem occurred while updating. Please restart FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (Beta Version). [11006][20641][20643].

Has anyone seen this error message before? I've tried the usual troubleshooting steps (installing with firewall/antivirus turned off, restarting computer, deleted the download files in C:\Users\username\Documents\my games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn path, made sure ports were open on router, etc...). I've tried googling the error message and haven't had much luck finding a solution. If anyone has seen this error message before and knows how to fix it I would really appreciate it.

I'm using Windows 8 pro 64-bit

Uninstall the beta

People shouldn't quit Garuda EX after only 15 minutes of attempts...C'mon guys, we can do it!

I also must echo Maple Cookie in saying all of these attacks that hit your tank with a stacking debuff were poorly thought out and I think they are cheaply tacked on.

Stupid super Cyclone...

Ken

People shouldn't quit Garuda EX after only 15 minutes of attempts...C'mon guys, we can do it!

I also must echo Maple Cookie in saying all of these attacks that hit your tank with a stacking debuff were poorly thought out and I think they are cheaply tacked on.

Stupid super Cyclone...

Eh they're ok. Tanking Titan HM today reminded me how boring it is for tanks. Getting tanks to move is pretty nice. D:

suzu

Miqote doze looks cute. lol

---

Btw, I tried to deposit the moogle whisker in the company chest but it didn't let me (the item was grayed out in my inventory). Weird. D:

The Pharos Sirius theme makes me wish that dungeon theme played throughout the dungeons. I mean you can switch to the battle theme during trash mobs and have the mini boss and boss theme obviously but when you're traveling through let us hear the dungeon music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom