• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
People shouldn't quit Garuda EX after only 15 minutes of attempts...C'mon guys, we can do it!

I also must echo Maple Cookie in saying all of these attacks that hit your tank with a stacking debuff were poorly thought out and I think they are cheaply tacked on.

Stupid super Cyclone...

That might have been Mahou that was saying that. I think the stacking mechanic is fine but it does seem a bit overused now.

doze.png

ahahah.. that pic looks so wrong.

Sophia

Listening to the Japanese audio makes me realize how much freedom the translation team had. There are a lot of creative liberties (for the better) in the localization. It's pretty cool. I wish I could make out everything tho.

That might have been Mahou that was saying that. I think the stacking mechanic is fine but it does seem a bit overused now.

ahahah.. that pic looks so wrong.

Hmmm, too many of you Lalas! But it is overused at least.

And is the Zenith really my best option for an upgrade? It seemed that upgrading my body piece would upgrade me by a huge margin. Even the cowl of butt ugly is a sizeable upgrade in def and m def from Vanya. Sooo confused!

And why is Kags in the hut of the Blue colored cult tribe...and yes I know I messed up the reference!

Keropon

Okay, just got the game in the mail and now I'm downloading the client (the disc reader on my laptop is broken).

I blame you guys for this, didn't expect to get so fired up from an |OT|.

AGH.

so low lvl roulette is sastasha, copper and halatali every goddamn time? one time i got haukke and it felt like christmas. ohwait, it was christmas.

trying to lvl my drg, but getting sick of this crap.

Isaccard

so low lvl roulette is sastasha, copper and halatali every goddamn time? one time i got haukke and it felt like christmas. ohwait, it was christmas.

These dungeons are just where people who're doing story are at right now if I had to take a guess.

jiien

Hmmm, too many of you Lalas! But it is overused at least.

And is the Zenith really my best option for an upgrade? It seemed that upgrading my body piece would upgrade me by a huge margin. Even the cowl of butt ugly is a sizeable upgrade in def and m def from Vanya. Sooo confused!

And why is Kags in the hut of the Blue colored cult tribe...and yes I know I messed up the reference!

The DL cowl looks like a large upgrade because it takes up two slots, your body piece and your head piece. In order to properly compare, you'd have to add the stats of those two slots first. Stick with the Vanya.

Are you speaking in terms of myth expenditures? If you are going for pure damage/healing output, Zenith is the best way to go. If you are going for survivability, legs or chest tend to give large vitality boosts. The ring, per myth spent, is almost always the most efficient use of myth (because it will replace the i60 AK ring you have, or something).

You should also check out a loot table for Coil (if you plan to do it), and buy the myth pieces for the slots that appear in the later turns for your job. While Allagan pieces might not be BiS for your class, they're still really good, and probably shouldn't be replaced until you have i90 in ever slot (except for MNKs, where apparently the CT chest is BiS now).

Here's a loot table for you (bonus! It includes the Crystal Tower loot table): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ao3p9KCFAeo1dFprajJ4bXBEVnJMYm9qQ2FXSlVDYmc&toomany=true

zeitgeist

I almost always get TamTara.
Got Ifrit once which was awesome but I would be happy with Haukke every once and a while.

Noi

Just got Ifrit on the roulette. All 4 of us immediately go "OH THANK GOD" as soon as the chat is available, had me in stitches for a bit.

rykomatsu

it seems like people are starting to give up or at least hold off on Garuda EX...PF group frequency have dwindled over the last few days and DF queues have been slow even for heals :-(

Ken

it seems like people are starting to give up or at least hold off on Garuda EX...PF group frequency have dwindled over the last few days and DF queues have been slow even for heals :-(

Too hard for pugs/people waiting for next week to do it again.

MechaX

To be fair, I would rather be dying on Titan EX than Garuda EX.

I hate Garuda EX so fucking much. I would gladly accept a rockslide to the face or getting sumo stomped off a battlefield the size of Titan's closet than "oh, tank lost aggro on sister due to a fluke? Or maybe some DPS got a little bit too AOE happy and accidentally killed a spiny plume? WIPE AND DO THIS BORING FIGHT AGAIN."

Talaysen

Maybe the roulette matches you with people trying to run the dungeon normally but if there's no one left doing that it just chooses one at random. That would actually make sense. There may be a lot more people doing roulette than running for story at this point.

I got Cutter's Cry in the roulette yesterday. Would've rather got Copperbell again since I don't really like that dungeon.

Ken

To be fair, I would rather be dying on Titan EX than Garuda EX.

I hate Garuda EX so fucking much. I would gladly accept a rockslide to the face or getting sumo stomped off a battlefield the size of Titan's closet than "oh, tank lost aggro on sister due to a fluke? Or maybe some DPS got a little bit too AOE happy and accidentally killed a spiny plume? WIPE AND DO THIS BORING FIGHT AGAIN."

I don't know, Titan EX 100-50% is pretty high up there on the bore tier too.

Awesome. Ifrit popped for my bonus DF roulette for the day. 120K xp for 5 minutes of work.

Got garuda yay! healer keeps dying each time for over half hour. Fuck this game, it's been nothing but shit the last 2 weeks it seems like any time I log on. And the FC pricing issue caused several of our small FC to bail on the game.

Time to call it quits perhaps, game stopped being fun

The DL cowl looks like a large upgrade because it takes up two slots, your body piece and your head piece. In order to properly compare, you'd have to add the stats of those two slots first. Stick with the Vanya.

Are you speaking in terms of myth expenditures? If you are going for pure damage/healing output, Zenith is the best way to go. If you are going for survivability, legs or chest tend to give large vitality boosts. The ring, per myth spent, is almost always the most efficient use of myth (because it will replace the i60 AK ring you have, or something).

You should also check out a loot table for Coil (if you plan to do it), and buy the myth pieces for the slots that appear in the later turns for your job. While Allagan pieces might not be BiS for your class, they're still really good, and probably shouldn't be replaced until you have i90 in ever slot (except for MNKs, where apparently the CT chest is BiS now).

Here's a loot table for you (bonus! It includes the Crystal Tower loot table): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Ao3p9KCFAeo1dFprajJ4bXBEVnJMYm9qQ2FXSlVDYmc&toomany=true

Thanks, I already got my loot for CT this week...I hope something drops, I don't have all the time in the world to keep doing CT hoping for a drop.

Why do people give up on this fight so much? It's not that hard...the tank swapping can be tricky but otherwise, we should have this down...I've probably lost 3 hours to this fight...come on people, let's get this fight down!

Got garuda yay! healer keeps dying each time for over half hour. Fuck this game, it's been nothing but shit the last 2 weeks it seems like any time I log on. And the FC pricing issue caused several of our small FC to bail on the game.

Join Ultrosgaf. We're plenty active. And lovable...most of the time. Just don't anger Guy.

gatti-man

Transfer to sarg. I have a good FC that has geared 50s and is leveling alts. We aren't rich but we get things done in the game besides gill.

Teknoman

The Pharos Sirius theme makes me wish that dungeon theme played throughout the dungeons. I mean you can switch to the battle theme during trash mobs and have the mini boss and boss theme obviously but when you're traveling through let us hear the dungeon music.

Did Yoshi say that was going to happen with some upcoming dungeon?

Zozobra

Hey guys, can anyone comment on how the party finder is with this 2.1 patch?

I played 2.0 at release and the duty finder going cross-server was a big gripe of mine. This new party finder seems like it might provide the opportunity to create more FFXI-style bonds with other players on your server?

I've admittedly not been following the game so I don't really know much about what's changed since launch.

MogCakes

I'm putting together a PC for a friend with a budget of $500. Does anyone have a recommendation for getting the best out of this and an idea of how well it would run ARR?

Sophia

Hey guys, can anyone comment on how the party finder is with this 2.1 patch?

I played 2.0 at release and the duty finder going cross-server was a big gripe of mine. This new party finder seems like it might provide the opportunity to create more FFXI-style bonds with other players on your server?

I've admittedly not been following the game so I don't really know much about what's changed since launch.

I've used the party finder several times to fill in the last slot when my guild is running stuff off hours. It does a fantastic job of providing community server interactions. Several people who have joined up have expressed interest running with us again.

So I finally get to experience Coil for the first time tomorrow. Yes I know how sad that sounds since I have been playing since early launch but hey, I'm a slow cat. Any tips that I should know of? Will be watching videos of the turns during my break.

Mononoke

Banned
Finally got my Blackmage class. Suffice to say, I was kind of disappointed. I kind of expected more change. Like an armor set just for the blackmage class. Or better buffs/spells. I know you do get some later on, but yeah. It's pretty much just THM with some slight changes (at least for now). Kind of stinks that you have to wait till 40 + to get better armor. Obviously I get end game armor is going to be better. But I've found the variety for this class to be really lacking (and I don't mean just in looks, I mean in terms of stats). I feel like I've been in a rut doing the same thing, with not enough change.

It's my own fault really. I focused a lot of my grind around finally getting to that class, and I kept pumping it up to be something it wasn't. I guess on to 40, then to 50.

Resilient

So I finally get to experience Coil for the first time tomorrow. Yes I know how sad that sounds since I have been playing since early launch but hey, I'm a slow cat. Any tips that I should know of? Will be watching videos of the turns during my break.

You SMN or SCH? Can't remember >< either way. T1 was pretty straight forward when I did it with a pug. I had full DL and Relic +1. I'm a BLM and on the last boss it was just a matter of avoiding the platform AoE and DPS racing the boss. For other classes it may be difficult. If you're a healer as I remember...hold on to your butt and I hope you don't pug it lest you be abused by mean people for any small mistakes you potentially make.

Voyevoda007

Neo Member
This might seem like a stupid question but i'm kinda confused by the classes and jobs. I plan to become a black mage. I have a Thaumaturge level 30 and a 15 archer. Whats the incentive to roll a black mage? does it not have the same skils as a Thaumaturge? The rotation I seen people use, its stuff that Thaumaturge have anyways,Why should I switch over to a black mage? Hopefully that makes some sense.

This might seem like a stupid question but i'm kinda confused by the classes and jobs. I plan to become a black mage. I have a Thaumaturge level 30 and a 15 archer. Whats the incentive to roll a black mage? does it not have the same skils as a Thaumaturge? The rotation I seen people use, its stuff that Thaumaturge have anyways,Why should I switch over to a black mage? Hopefully that makes some sense.

Better stats and you get access to job exclusive stuff that really causes your job to stand out.

Mononoke

Banned
That's kinda how it is for all classes at level 30. :eek:

Oh I know. I was expecting more of a change at 30. It was totally my fault, I really didn't know much about this game in terms of the class progression etc. =/ I kind of wish they would do a little more, because I feel like that grind from 25 to 40 is too stagnant. I guess on the plus side, I am having fun playing the game. So I guess that's all that really matters. I'll just continue to do Fate Parties + story missions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom