• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

That's kinda how it is for all classes at level 30. :eek:

I feel like the class/job system is a bit of a let down. It's a meaningless designation currently. When was the last time you saw someone running around at level 50 with merely a class?

dcye

You SMN or SCH? Can't remember >< either way. T1 was pretty straight forward when I did it with a pug. I had full DL and Relic +1. I'm a BLM and on the last boss it was just a matter of avoiding the platform AoE and DPS racing the boss. For other classes it may be difficult. If you're a healer as I remember...hold on to your butt and I hope you don't pug it lest you be abused by mean people for any small mistakes you potentially make.

Ranged DPS on Turn 1 is easy mode.

Mononoke

Banned
I feel like the class/job system is a bit of a let down. It's a meaningless designation currently. When was the last time you saw someone running around at level 50 with merely a class?

Should I be doing something more? I feel dumb asking that. I pretty much picked THM, grinded on the main story missions. Did fates. Dungeons etc. Recently been doing party FATES which I actually think is a blast (it's nice meeting random people, and sometimes they are really cool).

I did join a Free Company, so I've been talking a lot with them. Unfortunately most of them are level 50. But outside of that, I just grinded my THM to level 30. Then did ARCHER 15. Then unlocked the blackmage class. I feel kind of burnt out (going to take a couple days off). I just wish there was a tad bit more to show for that jump to the sub-class or whatever you want to call it. I haven't done any Jobs. I dunno. Just wondering if I'm missing something. If I should be doing more.

Outside of that, was just going to grind my way to 50. Hope for the best lol

Sophia

Should I be doing something more? I feel dumb asking that. I pretty much picked THM, grinded on the main story missions. Did fates. Dungeons etc. Recently been doing party FATES which I actually think is a blast (it's nice meeting random people, and sometimes they are really cool).

Nah, I'm just voicing my complaints over a system that hasn't fully realized its potential yet. :p

If you're unlocking and using the jobs (for PvE) at level 30, then you're fine.

I did join a Free Company, so I've been talking a lot with them. Unfortunately most of them are level 50. But outside of that, I just grinded my THM to level 30. Then did ARCHER 15. Then unlocked the blackmage class. I feel kind of burnt out (going to take a couple days off). I just wish there was a tad bit more to show for that jump to the sub-class or whatever you want to call it. I haven't done any Jobs. I dunno. Just wondering if I'm missing something. If I should be doing more.

All the jobs kind of feel like that right now, which is what I mean by not feeling fully realized. I felt really exciting unlocking my Paladin job, but the truth is, it was just a few new abilities the game probably should have given me to begin with. That and I have to redo my bars twice over. And I got cover. >_>;

Tabris

Hit level 50 Paladin. Finished all quests. Just have Castrum + Prae to do.

After that I gotta grind Dungeons for a long time.

Mupod

All the jobs kind of feel like that right now, which is what I mean by not feeling fully realized. I felt really exciting unlocking my Paladin job, but the truth is, it was just a few new abilities the game probably should have given me to begin with. That and I have to redo my bars twice over. And I got cover. >_>;

It's funny because if you have a lot of cross-class abilities, some jobs feel like downgrades from the base class at first. I just got my dragoon to 30 and I lost raging strikes/straight shot which made my dps rotations way more boring.

Warrior definitely gets a much different feel once you have defiance, especially when you unlock infuriate and steel cyclone. I haven't leveled a lot of classes but a change like WAR experiences seems more like what people expect out of the advanced classes.

Anyways, fuck Titan EM. I get my 12 ping back tomorrow and I'm declaring war on that jerk. I'll finally be able to afford myth pants next week too so I'll get a nice item level boost even if I don't get any drops from coil.

Tabris

A couple questions I can't quite figure out from wikis:

1) Is the Aeolian Schimitar the pre cursor to Curtana? If so, any issue with using the HQ version? And if so, I just need to meld 2 Battledance III materias on to it, correct? No issue with getting this before I unlock the quest?

2) Is there any for the Holy Shield?

Sophia

A couple questions I can't quite figure out from wikis:

1) Is the Aeolian Schimitar the pre cursor to Curtana? If so, any issue with using the HQ version? And if so, I just need to meld 2 Battledance III materias on to it, correct? No issue with getting this before I unlock the quest?

2) Is there any for the Holy Shield?

Yeah the Aeolian Scimitar is used for Curtana, and as far as I know the quality does not matter. Also there's no pre-cursor to the Holy Shield; you simply get it when you finish the relic quest.

EDIT: Source.
Q: Can I turn in a HQ melded weapon?
A: Yes you can.

Yeah the Aeolian Scimitar is used for Curtana, and as far as I know the quality does not matter. Also there's no pre-cursor to the Holy Shield; you simply get it when you finish the relic quest.

EDIT: Source.

I was in a failed hydra group today trying to finish that dam chain. Burnt my spirits and messed up my stride after having an amazing afternoon rolling with some strangers doing the entire CT chain and the dungeon itself.

After hydra, what steps are left? Just primals?

Edit: yep, found a guide. So close, yet after hearing so much about that dam him titan, maybe not. Hopefully the FC will be down to help tomorrow. If I can get past that dam hydra.

Sophia

I was in a failed hydra group today trying to finish that dam chain. Burnt my spirits and messed up my stride after having an amazing afternoon rolling with some strangers doing the entire CT chain and the dungeon itself.

After hydra, what steps are left? Just primals?

Just Primals. Which can be very easy or very difficult depending on if you can get a coordinated group or not.

Tabris

If you're dead at the end of a Primal HM battle but party wins, does that still count for your quest? I'm just concerned about the HP requirements for a tank for Titan HM.

jfoul

Does anybody know if you can change the size of the NPC/Story dialogue chat bubbles? This game lets you change the size of just about anything in the UI, seems strange if this is left out.

I am interested in taking up Amazon's sale on this game but I have a few questions for the community, mostly related to the performance side of things.

Firstly, I saw it mentioned on another thread that the codes are for the NA version. If I want to play this later on my PS3 account, will using a NA code mean I can't use my AUS/EU account to do so? Without losing my existing characters, etc?

Otherwise, I don't know much about specs, but this is what I'm running:

Intel i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz
16GB Ram
Radeon HD 6770M

What kind of settings (low, medium or high) can I expect to get out of this game?

Thanks for the help.

I was thinking of leveling up some gathering class for housing donation.

is still a viable way to make some money or the market(Ultros) is totally ruined by bots?

dcye

Wool finally got FSH to 50, all of the gathering done now. I fished without leaves all the way to 35 over a matter of months then thought fuck it and just smashed leaves and bought fish, went from 35-50 in a few hours, even largely on NQ hand ins and not HQ.

Got a Titan Heart drop today as well, shame its down to 100k these days :p

When I stopped playing a couple of months ago I was in the middle of my relic quest, about to fight HM Garuda. Now that I've jumped back into it I feel so rusty and I'm scared to try the Primal fights. Guess I won't know unless I try, though.

I am interested in taking up Amazon's sale on this game but I have a few questions for the community, mostly related to the performance side of things.

Firstly, I saw it mentioned on another thread that the codes are for the NA version. If I want to play this later on my PS3 account, will using a NA code mean I can't use my AUS/EU account to do so? Without losing my existing characters, etc?

Otherwise, I don't know much about specs, but this is what I'm running:

Intel i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00 GHz
16GB Ram
Radeon HD 6770M

What kind of settings (low, medium or high) can I expect to get out of this game?

Thanks for the help.

You can download a benchmark (plus character creation) from here http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/benchmark/

No problems here with a 650M and an i7 at 3.1GHz though. Those 2 GHz on your CPU might be a problem, since I don't know how well does this game multithread. I know I ran the betas with a borked CPU (don't ask me how exactly, I had to reinstall windows to fix it) and it ran like shit, so definitely give the benchmark a try.

Reknoc

Progressive night last night, grinded up the 900 tomes I needed and finally got my relic, got some bard booties from CT, got to chapter 2 on Bravely Default while queuing, unlocked Black Mage, Successfully ran Pharos Sirius (siren unf unf), got some Shades for my bard and some bits and bobs for my Black Mage.

Zomba13

Asking to trade commendations is a surefire way to not get my commendation

I've been saying "Remember to vote commendations" at the end of some runs (mainly lower lvl dungeon runs or the story ones) because some people might not know about them. If someone asks for commendations (either saying they have earned them or out out asking for them) then I won't give them one. I gave one guy a commendation because he did good work and then right after I awarded it he asked everyone to give him one because he deserved them. I wish I could have taken it back.

Best way to get commendations is to either be healer or be the tank I think. I almost always give my commendation to the healer if I'm the tank unless a DPS did really awesome or pulled of a great save or if the healer fucks up big time and doesn't heal or something.

Is it worth taking my chocobo out while leveling my first job to 50 ?

I've just noticed he's taking a chunk of exp from my kills, and my progress has been slowed down from 30-32 since I got the Companion quest done.

If it's better now than leveling it at 50, I guess I'll let him mooch along some more.

Jayhawk

Haha, I lost 9 potash when crafting today since I wasn't paying attention and thought I was still making Twinthread and not the Vanya Silk. I was expecting only 1 CS2 for progress, instead of 2. Bummer. Gil down the drain.

Haha, I lost 9 potash when crafting today since I wasn't paying attention and thought I was still making Twinthread and not the Vanya Silk. I was expecting only 1 CS2 for progress, instead of 2. Bummer. Gil down the drain.

At least they are only like 5k each now. At least on our server.

Aeana

I find that I am super critical of healers when I'm playing another role. Sometimes I just haven't given any commendations because I didn't feel anybody deserved them.

I just got back to the game after a few weeks break from sickness and holyshit there're so many things to do! What should I attack first? CT? Pharaoh? Hard Dungeons? Treasure hunt?

PS. I'm now 80% DL/Relic+1 and haven't run any coil.

Ken

It's from the fankit but mmmmmm that mi'qote.

ffxiv_pcw06003_1920x1080_en.jpg

Jayhawk

I just got back to the game after a few weeks break from sickness and holyshit there're so many things to do! What should I attack first? CT? Pharaoh? Hard Dungeons? Treasure hunt?

PS. I'm now 80% DL/Relic+1 and haven't run any coil.

Get a CT piece of gear today, before the week resets.

Sophia

I give commendations to the DPS unless they were crappy. Tanks and healers usually get more anyway.

I find that I am super critical of healers when I'm playing another role. Sometimes I just haven't given any commendations because I didn't feel anybody deserved them.

This is why I tend not to give commendations based off skill, but rather by who made the run most enjoyable. Anyone can complete the content, not just anyone can make me have a fun time doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom