• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khatoz

Well the gil sellers won't stop bothering even outside the game, just got an ad here in GAF from GOLDCEO about cheap gil D:

Can't take a SS since I'm on my cellphone.

Mupod

How could you!? Titan is the most enjoyable boss currently in the game [in my personal opinion], although EX Titan does seem like one of those things where they try to do too much all at once. In my personal opinion, HM Titan is more delicately balanced, but I have a great time in my attempts at the EX version. We will succeed! ...Eventually, or at least, that's the dream!

Unless you invite Titan to your house, then it's okay to hate him. That fellow does not mind flipping a table or two or three.

when you never get to even practice the part of the fight that matters because people die to dumb crap over and over and over before/during heart phase, it grinds on your sanity.

also it really sucks with a bad ping, even with the latency changes.

rykomatsu

You use the FC to get that win! Team up and take her down...she's nowhere close to Titan HM in terms of difficulty.

My record thus far:

FC: 0 wins
PF: 3 wins (2 with God Slayerz group, and some random with 4ppl from same non-GAF FC)
DF: 2 wins (1 random with 2ppl from same FC, other one not sure, didn't ask)

Hope Mog went well for you guys :)

Ken

I hate Titan so much.

jL0MNy9LCArKC.png

AHHHHH

My record thus far:

PF: 3 wins (2 with God Slayerz group, and some random with 4ppl from same non-GAF FC)

Well...not very well. Granted a good chunk of people were new but we didn't get very far into the second phase...ouch. I've beat him 3 times via the FC but that's it.

Thinking of jumping back into the game, I spent a hell of a lot of time playing it towards launch and reached level 35, but work got in the way.

Well now that my seasonal period is up, I'm thinking of re-subscribing. Any tips for the new patch or coming back into the game in general? I main WHM

Since I just got my Zenith weapon finally, I figured I should shoot for the CT casting body armor...though supposedly it sucks as far as accuracy goes...does the Garuda ring have some accuracy on it? Maybe I should shoot for that so I can ditch my i60 ring.

Ken

Since I just got my Zenith weapon finally, I figured I should shoot for the CT casting body armor...though supposedly it sucks as far as accuracy goes...does the Garuda ring have some accuracy on it? Maybe I should shoot for that so I can ditch my i60 ring.

If you're just starting to gear up Garuda EX's ring is worth it anyways for the i90 level points of your primary stat.

If you're just starting to gear up Garuda EX's ring is worth it anyways for the i90 level points of your primary stat.

Yeah, I'm basically just getting rid of the DL stuff piece by piece. Well first had to +1 the weapon, now it's back to getting my gear level higher.

Nohar

I never use Repelling shot anywhere... I wonder if that makes me a bad Bard. I just don't have the need to use it to dodge things (and it can send me where I don't want it to send me).

Garland7G

Got a few more questions for ps3 version

1. is there a way to preview what an item looks like on your character before you buy or get it from a quest?

2. I got some materia how can I put it into my armor/weapons slots?

3. I got some dye and want to dye my boots how? lol

I'll be back with some more questions I'm sure, only lvl 16 right now ;)

Ken

1. is there a way to preview what an item looks like on your character before you buy or get it from a quest?

1. no although you can use ffxiv models to preview stuff. http://xivmodels.com/
2. you need a specific craft per item type to meld materia or get somene to do it for you.
3. get the dye quest from person in waking sands (west of horizon i think)

Answers in bold.

No. But you can head to XIVModels to have an idea.

Look at the item description, it list which crafting class can repair that item. The same class that repairs the item is required to meld a materia into it. Find a crafter willing to do it, target them and select Request Meld from the options. You'll need to have a Carbonized Matter to serve as the catalyst, you can either buy or gather those.

Or, if you are a crafter, just switch to the appropriate class, open the popup menu when selecting an item and select Meld. You'll need to have done the materia melding quest in Thanalan, tough (the story takes you there eventually).

Go to Waking Sands (the pier near Horizon, in Thanalan) and talk to the lady in the plaza. She has a quest requiring you to give her some Orange Juice. This will unlock the Dye command when you open the menu when selecting an item.

EDIT: beaten by Qhon :/

I never use Repelling shot anywhere... I wonder if that makes me a bad Bard. I just don't have the need to use it to dodge things (and it can send me where I don't want it to send me).

People use it to maximize DPS, since it's an off-GCD skill. But I think is not really worth, the animation lock and all.

Darte

I'm at a point where I've got Titan Extreme movements down to a science. Can't say the same for the rest of folks i've attempted with yet ._.
All it takes is 1 person dying, and then the rest fall like dominoes if you get killed during a particular set of attacks

klee123

I've reached this massive wall to getting my relic as well. Doing Titan HM via DF is just an exercise in frustration.

The issue is that 9 times out of 10, the group can't even beat the heart phase.

If you use the DF you already start at a disavantage because the second tank isn't needed and you'll have less DPS for heart and post-heart. Try the Party Finder or FC.

Teletraan1

Banned
I've reached this massive wall to getting my relic as well. Doing Titan HM via DF is just an exercise in frustration.

The issue is that 9 times out of 10, the group can't even beat the heart phase.

And that 1 group out of 10 has never seen past the heart phase so they die on the first set of "new" bombs. I am stuck here too and at this point I am unsure why they didn't nerf the heart a little. There is little incentive for people with Relic weapons to be doing this and it seems very difficult for people without to get the heart down in time in a DF. Why even have a DF version then? Will probably have to ask the FC or get a PF group going. True story I have never been on (or paying attention) when someone has ever asked for a healer for Titan HM. It must be easier to "carry" a DD or a Tank through it. I probably would have been further ahead in all this if I had rolled a DD.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
GAF I need heeelp, I can't pick between the Roe, Lalafell, and Elezen...

This is always the hardest part of starting a MMO.

GAF I need heeelp, I can't pick between the Roe, Lalafell, and Elezen...

This is always the hardest part of starting a MMO.

Elezen is the elegant and dignified race of the game, basically the Master race of Eorzea. Become a lala and you'll start doing silly stuff with other lalas. Become a cat and you'll wish you could look at us without looking at the sky. Become a Roe and ppl will laugh at how silly you look at everything that isn't WAR.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Do Roe really look that bad in robes and stuff? I'm gonna have to look at some of the armors here before I pick.

Naar

Is the turn 2 rage buffed since update? I heard that it just does more damage now and faster.

Yet I still see people shouting for it and using party finder with description saying "T2 rage strat"

So can it be done or not?

Jayhawk

Is the turn 2 rage buffed since update? I heard that it just does more damage now and faster.

Yet I still see people shouting for it and using party finder with description saying "T2 rage strat"

So can it be done or not?

I just did it last week, and will be beating it again tonight with my coil group using the rage strat. So yes, it can be done.

Naar

I just did it last week, and will be beating it again tonight with my coil group using the rage strat. So yes, it can be done.

But did it get changed tho? I heard it was changed where it does more damage and faster cast times? Or did you not notice a difference?

aceface

I'm getting a bit bored with my Highlander Hyur so I'm considering using my fantasia to change her to an Elezen. But it feels like a betrayalton to my character. MMO problems.

pitbull

Banned
My record thus far:

You should take god slayer to titan, he rages out when he gets kicked from a party and starts calling people fa******

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Felt really good to get Titan and Ifrit EX down over the weekend. I can finally PVP decently as an MRD instead of my DRG with that axe!

Hoping to get the coil group together this week and pull the rest through those fights since half of us have already completed them.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I thought they were going for "nicest" player. Guess I'll stop dancing and clapping in Duty Roulette dungeons then.

I found that I get the most commendations when I am on the dickish side.

Have to state the strat and point out the missteps. Really wrangle that group together for the win. Then when I leave I get 3 more commendations!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm on the cusp of quitting

Game is really irking me for the wrong reasons

It's the PS3 man, you guys really get the short end of the stick. I hear that Garuda EX tornado phase is something fierce for the framerate.

Need to get a gaming rig or tough it out and pray the PS4 version is better.

i tanked copper with my lowbie lancer in the roulette without issues and got 0 tokens. its not like i chose to tank that shit guys, heh. cutters on the other hand was great. we wrecked everything with max. dps. got tokens for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom