• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are a bard, please do not use repelling shot in Titan Extreme Mode.

Thanks.

lol why? I use that shit all the time. If you know what is coming or if he just finished a move why not you have 5 sec between every attack and if you are stacking properly no reason not to. I mean I added dmg, its off GCD.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lol why? I use that shit all the time. If you know what is coming or if he just finished a move why not you have 5 sec between every attack and if you are stacking properly no reason not to. I mean I added dmg, its off GCD.

I was in a group last night with a bard who was doing it and the ring is so small that a few times they shot off the edge.

I never use Repelling shot anywhere... I wonder if that makes me a bad Bard. I just don't have the need to use it to dodge things (and it can send me where I don't want it to send me).

No but you are losing out on DPS. not a lot but I mean no reason not to use it. Good example would be say first dreadnaught in turn 4. Depending your position (mine is just to west behind where he drops so spiders are feed) as soon as spiders are feed, I weave it into my attacks, Windbite > Blunt Arrow > Venomus Bite > Repelling Shot, etc etc. That way I'm always attacking and not standing there waiting for GCD

Another good example. WP first boss when he does his cone AE pull in. As soon as it pulls you in just repelling shot and you are out of poison range automatically. Soo many good uses for it not sure why you wouldn't want to use it.

Another use is Garuda EX when she comes back down from her and you are all gathered on her before center phase. repelling shot will put you right at edge of tornado

As for sending you where you do not want to be it send you straight back from where you are standing. Now if you use it and say jump into a weight, Plume, etc that just comes down to knowing the fight.

imho anyone that plays brd should be using it.

I was in a group last night with a bard who was doing it and the ring is so small that a few times they shot off the edge.

LMAO I would have loved to see that. Ok yeah I guess I see what you mean. That is more due to them using it incorrectly.

In Titan EX the only time I would use it would be after a landslide in phase 2 or heart. As he will do one of 2 things. though I do think I will try and use it on next titan to see if I can get out of plumes granted we are stacked tight.

MechaX

I try not to use Repelling Shot all that often unless the fight is not that arena/dodging intensive. There have been too many times when latency issues would extremely screw things up for me (as in, delayed jump backs and still getting pegged with attacks, or needing to get close to enemies where a lot already have cleaves). I'd rather miss out slightly on some DPS than to risk triggering an eventual party wipe due to some bad latency.

Marceles

I love repelling shot but I wish I could be there to witness a bard flip out of the ring, or a drg use evasive jump trying to avoid a landslide. I just don't have the guts

Wilsongt

New week, new chance to farm CT for my crimson legs and myths. Gonna work towards that Relic +1 and outfit myself in full CT gear in the meantime.

rykomatsu

I'm at 4/5 AF2, relic +1, and a couple pieces of allagan/ultima stuff on my WHM. Not sure if it's worth it to keep dumping myth into this job at this point or if I should divert myth to my other jobs...I don't really struggle with healing Coil or up through Garuda EX on new content thus far.

I'm tempted to divert myth to my PLD and CT to my BLM or vice versa (at ilvl 69 and 73 respectively)...

Lucis

Hit level 50 about 8-9 days ago. So far the experience has been not bad.
I would like thank the following people.

Thanks Dramatis for getting heavy darksteel armor and pants for me for free, it really boosted me up in term of survivability to shoot me into end game fast.
Got help from fc (thanks shamando for organizing) up to relic quest, with i80 weapon, I was able to do a lot of things with the threat provided.
Thanks everyone that helped dps/heal me in those HM runs.

CT has been kind, so far I got 1 piece every week. With min tome farming I was able to get to i75. I finished mog/ultima hm/garuda ex all with in 9 days after hitting 50.

FC group can be a hit or miss, a lot of times it feels like it's doing worse than pf or even df. But at least people are trying.

So far I could not find a coil run yet, every single group seems to be filled and over flown with tanks =(. even the PF group always fill up with tanks first.

WolvenOne

I'm at 4/5 AF2, relic +1, and a couple pieces of allagan/ultima stuff on my WHM. Not sure if it's worth it to keep dumping myth into this job at this point or if I should divert myth to my other jobs...I don't really struggle with healing Coil or up through Garuda EX on new content thus far.

I'm tempted to divert myth to my PLD and CT to my BLM or vice versa (at ilvl 69 and 73 respectively)...

I think at this point, your WHM is geared enough to get through any battle in the game, so there's probably no harm in diverting your Myth to other jobs.

I expect to be doing the same thing with my WAR before too long actually. Going to buy the WAR AF2 Boots this week, and I'm hopeful that between Myth and Allagan drops I'll only be collecting Tank Jewelry for a few weeks before I can transition over to gearing up some other class.

chrono01

when you never get to even practice the part of the fight that matters because people die to dumb crap over and over and over before/during heart phase, it grinds on your sanity.

also it really sucks with a bad ping, even with the latency changes.
I can understand that. :(

I wish you the best of luck in toppling the foe!

Aeana

Well, that all-GAF CT run will certainly go down in history as... something.

I don't want to slight the people in the FC, because I love everybody, but the worst CT runs I've ever had were all-GAF runs. I don't really understand what the issue is, because we coordinate much more than with randoms.

I don't want to slight the people in the FC, because I love everybody, but the worst CT runs I've ever had were all-GAF runs. I don't really understand what the issue is, because we coordinate much more than with randoms.

Yeah, I don't want to call anyone out specifically, so I guess I should clarify; I don't want anyone to think they should blame themselves. Especially since I was on the receiving end of some complaints last week when we did an all-GAF CT run and I listened in on Mumble. Regardless, I hope the run that just happened will inspire people to learn rather than be dissuaded from doing CT again. There's nothing more demoralizing than seeing FC members knock each other.

Get at me when you run it eight times in one day with no tank chest.

If you and I are ever in the same party, I won't push you for the tank chest. I know you've been wanting it way more. ;)

Sophia

Really? I don't feel like I've had any trouble getting some of those, though perhaps I'm lacking context.

Okay, first, what use are these things?

Second, is 13 Commendations decent at this point?

Commendations are used to get some special titles and pet. Nothing significant, and 13 commendations is pretty good unless you're playing a tank or a healer.

People who beg for them are pathetic tho, and never get them from me.

Wilsongt

Oooh... So Legacy managed to get half of their money for their large house on Sargatanas by selling Primal runs.

Now it all makes sense.

dark_chris

Really? I don't feel like I've had any trouble getting some of those, though perhaps I'm lacking context.

Okay, first, what use are these things?

Second, is 13 Commendations decent at this point?

50 commendations get you a minion
100 gets you a crown with no stats
500 gets you a solid gold magitek mount

I'm rather aiming for the 100,000 enemy kills. That gets you a crown with +5 resistances to status ailments. That crown would be perfect for pvp

Ferr986

So, Im here with 900 mythos and dont know in what to spend them.
Im DRG i90, and Im trying to decide between getting the DRG AF2 body (I currently use the Allagan one) or start with my BRD.
Question for BRDs.... Artemis Bow+1 or Elfin bow? Right now I have enought acc for the Elfin but I dont know how that could change with Allagan gear...

dark_chris

Well, that all-GAF CT run will certainly go down in history as... something.

The run was something something else. It was definitely a wtf moment. What I did notice is that people were less coordinated this time than other runs.

It sucks to see people bashing each other when we should be sticking together and all.
Anyway, I hope people learn from this run. Least we got through it. Also, the drops sucked. Lmao.

Alucrid

Banned
Im DRG i90, and Im trying to decide between getting the DRG AF2 body (I currently use the Allagan one) or start with my BRD.
Question for BRDs.... Artemis Bow+1 or Elfin bow? Right now I have enought acc for the Elfin but I dont know how that could change with Allagan gear...
+1 Bow isn't that great. Better off investing in Myth pieces for your bard or replacing that Drg Chest.

WolvenOne

Commendations are used to get some special titles and pet. Nothing significant, and 13 commendations is pretty good unless you're playing a tank or a healer.

People who beg for them are pathetic tho, and never get them from me.

Crap, playing Tank. Guess I gotta step it up a little.

Sophia

Crap, playing Tank. Guess I gotta step it up a little.

Yeah you can rack up commendations pretty fast if you're playing a tank and generally being competent. People automatically select the tank or healer if there's no other real option to pick. I have over 50 right now myself, and I didn't have to beg or ask for a single one. :p

Jayhawk

I remember getting 6 commendations from joining a duty roulette CM run in-progress and becoming the main tank. I was so happy. :>

WolvenOne

Yeah you can rack up commendations pretty fast if you're playing a tank and generally being competent. People automatically select the tank or healer if there's no other real option to pick. I have over 50 right now myself, and I didn't have to beg or ask for a single one. :p

Yeah, but a lot of my runs these days aren't random, so they aren't eligible for commendations. When they are random, it hasn't been unusual to pick up 2-3 Commendations all at once, but I usually try to invite at least one person from the FC with me.

I mean, frequently they're other players also working on their Myth cap, and sometimes its just nice to be able to use Mumble freely and all that.

I mean it's obvious that not everyone in UltrosGAF is an uber elite player or anything but a good chunk of us in that CT run have run Coil and Caedeus is much tougher than anything the Crystal Tower can throw at us. Anywho...we really need to communicate better, just because people know what they're doing doesn't mean we can just go in all willy nilly. Taking a breather just to discuss things just a little can make things easier. And also being aware of your surroundings...it sucks to see people dying to Acheron because they stand in the pretty colors or they don't check their screen and noticed Death Claws have spawned. Or zeroing in on adds that have to be taken out ASAP like the ghosts in the fight against Thanatos...simple things like that. If people just don't know the fight, look up vids. Mr Happy has a vid of CT and even though I know the fights, I like to go back perodically to review just so I don't forget anything.

It is all possible I'm just being too hard, I'm very very very hard on myself so I kinda expect the same from others...X(

pitbull

Banned
spoiler alert
The fc has some bad players in it

But I'm nice to people regardless of how good or bad they are. Someone can be abrasive and hardcore or a baddie and be nice......but don't be a baddie and be rude too

/stay calm

WolvenOne

I mean it's obvious that not everyone in UltrosGAF is an uber elite player or anything but a good chunk of us in that CT run have run Coil and Caedeus is much tougher than anything the Crystal Tower can throw at us. Anywho...we really need to communicate better, just because people know what they're doing doesn't mean we can just go in all willy nilly. Taking a breather just to discuss things just a little can make things easier. And also being aware of your surroundings...it sucks to see people dying to Acheron because they stand in the pretty colors or they don't check their screen and noticed Death Claws have spawned. Or zeroing in on adds that have to be taken out ASAP like the ghosts in the fight against Thanatos...simple things like that. If people just don't know the fight, look up vids. Mr Happy has a vid of CT and even though I know the fights, I like to go back perodically to review just so I don't forget anything.

It is all possible I'm just being too hard, I'm very very very hard on myself so I kinda expect the same from others...X(

Actually, to be honest, the potential for public humiliation kinda makes me dislike CT in general. It's a really easy dungeon, buuuut, everybody has their off moments and mis-communications. When you're in front of a group you know, and they've been around you long enough to know you're a decent-ish player, the occasional little mistake isn't a big deal. When its a bunch of strangers however, and all they're ever going to know about you is what they take away from that fight.

Well, yeah I don't like that. I'll grit and deal with it, of course, but I still don't like that kind of embarrassment. XD

Depends on the content really. For everything except turn 4 and 5 I would say Elfin, for Turn 5 +1. Though I would say for upgrades to brd look into

Pants > Ring > Hands > Belt > Body > Ear > +1 > Head

If you have high enough acc you can use elfin all the time I guess though you would need to wear some allagan in place of myth.

Alucrid

Banned
The majority of my entertainment in CT comes from watching people try and make it to safe zones before Meteor or Flare and fail.

The majority of my entertainment in CT comes from watching people try and make it to safe zones before Meteor or Flare and fail.

My entertainment comes for pre-made parties which are so uber-good (althought most of them are on DL gear as much) that they lead the alliance, competing with the other parties to see who clears his part first (or which party has less dying members) but then they don't know they have to kill the skeletons adds on different tiles in the bone dragon boss.

Then they proceed to blame others, since unlike other Alliances this one can't brute force the battle.

Hopefully since we are on the 3rd week of the content I won't see much more of these

Actually, to be honest, the potential for public humiliation kinda makes me dislike CT in general.

Especially as a tank. I was solely responsible for a KB wipe last week with some random people and my face has never been redder. Seriously wanted to go die in a fire as my character's name filled the chat window.

Zomba13

Best part of CT is when you join the DF alone and end up in the best group and you all give yourselves high-fives and /dance after beating you Atomos the fastest.

dark_chris

^^^ this
Then again, as someone said in their spoiler alert, some people just "suck" at it. Even with watching stuff, people can still screw it up.

This begs the question in CT as I noticed, what causes the skeles to start running at the boss when it's down? I noticed when it spawns, it'll occasionally start running.
I'm not talking about when the skeles are up when the boss is still up then goes down

Best part of CT is when you join the DF alone and end up in the best group and you all give yourselves high-fives and /dance after beating you Atomos the fastest.

Me (DRG) and another DRG once beated Atomos first (DF party), against "better" DPS.

DRG Powah.

This begs the question in CT as I noticed, what causes the skeles to start running at the boss when it's down? I noticed when it spawns, it'll occasionally start running.
I'm not talking about when the skeles are up when the boss is still up then goes down

Killing skeletons on the same tile, gives them a link and they become faster when they get up again.

That's why you have to kill them on different tiles, if they are "alone" they get a heavy debuff.

It's whenever two skeletons die on the same platform. They become tethered and run faster when the Bone Dragon is down. I think that's it, unless you're referring to something else...?

WolvenOne

Especially as a tank. I was solely responsible for a KB wipe last week with some random people and my face has never been redder. Seriously wanted to go die in a fire as my character's name filled the chat window.

Yeeeeaah, last night I was on tower duty for that boss, and was killed when I got stuck solo defending my tower from an Add an a bomb. Afterward I was frustrated enough that without clicking I spammed the A button one too many times, and re-spawned back at the start of CT.

I felt utterly HORRIBLE about it. The party still got through okay, but is was a lot hairier than it should have been, and I made everyone look bad, just because I hit one button I ought not have without thinking about it.

To be fair, I was frustrated, and that's a frequent mistake I make when I'm frustrated, but still!

Ken

From what I understand you would want at least Allagan Pants to use the Elfin Bow in full i90 but if you can get Allagan Pants you might as well hold out for Allagan Bow.

^^^ this
Then again, as someone said in their spoiler alert, some people just "suck" at it. Even with watching stuff, people can still screw it up.

When Bone Dragon revives, it revives any dead skeletons and causes them to run toward them. Any skellies not killed before Bone goes down, will run FASTER. If they hit the central platform, they explode for roomwide AOE damage, about 1.5k damage each. If they die before Bone Dragon dies, they run much slower. Just kill the skellies ASAP. And on separate platforms. You personally did fine in the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom