• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being a tank is just hard in the sense a simple mistake can wipe a full pt or Alliance, not only on CT.

True, is not the hardest role in most fights but when it is, I feel my heart pounding.

Ferr986

+1 Bow isn't that great. Better off investing in Myth pieces for your bard or replacing that Drg Chest.

Depends on the content really. For everything except turn 4 and 5 I would say Elfin, for Turn 5 +1. Though I would say for upgrades to brd look into

Pants > Ring > Hands > Belt > Body > Ear > +1 > Head

If you have high enough acc you can use elfin all the time I guess though you would need to wear some allagan in place of myth.

From what I understand you would want at least Allagan Pants to use the Elfin Bow in full i90 but if you can get Allagan Pants you might as well hold out for Allagan Bow.

Thanks!

Im not concerned about T5, because I will always go with my DRG there.

Right now I have enough acc for Elfin, but I know that will change once I get i90 gear (like what happened with my DRG, where I lost a lot of acc because I cant get a drop of pants and hands)

Resilient

Don't ever nerf Titan HM. The boss is awesome and definitely beatable with a good group without their Relics. Fight is god-tier.

I always miss these full GAF CT runs !

Sophia

Especially as a tank. I was solely responsible for a KB wipe last week with some random people and my face has never been redder. Seriously wanted to go die in a fire as my character's name filled the chat window.

I try never to mock people who make legitimate mistakes for this reason. They're already embarrassed enough, and if they've got any character at all they'll make sure it doesn't happen again. Usually such people don't bring down a Crystal Tower run however. It's an apology for the mistake and then everything goes smoothly. Plus, by being nice they'll show me the same curtsey should I make a rare mistake. >.<;

On the other hand, those individuals who just don't care and aren't bothering to improve themselves? Those people are fair game to gently mock. They're not being a team player anyhow. :p

Don't ever nerf Titan HM. The boss is awesome and definitely beatable with a good group without their Relics. Fight is god-tier.

I always miss these full GAF CT runs !

I really like the Titan HM fight. Mind you, I've never had the honor (?) of seeing it pre-patch, nor as anything other than a melee or tank. Soon I'll get my healer up there....

jsp6ueYvwAmlW.png

awww yes

My first triple :)

Get at me when you run it eight times in one day with no tank chest.

Not that my character needed it, but as a tank this made me cry :(

dcye

Can you have more than one Relic Reborn quest going at the same time? I've heard horror stories of them bugging out on people so I'm nervous about having two.

jasonng

Bought this game on Black Friday and now I finally got around to install the game on my ps3 today. I'm looking to join a NA guild. Which gaf guild is most newb friendly? I doubt I'll stick around after my 30 day trial period so I'm not looking into investing a lot of time. I would just like a friendly guild to help me make the most out of my experience.

Resilient

Bought this game on Black Friday and now I finally got around to install the game on my ps3 today. I'm looking to join a NA guild. Which gaf guild is most newb friendly? I doubt I'll stick around after my 30 day trial period so I'm not looking into investing a lot of time. I would just like a friendly guild to help me make the most out of my experience.

Ultros GAF seems to be the most lively GAF FC in the thread. Could be wrong. But it's full of friendly people of all levels willing to help out. Everyone is pretty g. You may find yourself subbing after the 30 days!

Sorian

Banned
This is partially what has discouraged me from going to too many FC groups as of late.

Have people been knocking each other lately? I was in a rough garuda EX the other day but we were happy with the progress that the learners were making and I knocked myself for making a shit CT group the other day (everyone on our end was fine but one group in the alliance was tera-bad, like wipe on the first pull of CT twice bad). Wasn't even really my fault but I take responsibility when I make a group that is losing for no reason other than stupidity.

Apoptomon

Took a couple attempts, but I'm done with Hydra for my BRD's relic, hm primals are next. I assume keep doing ifrit hm until weapon drops, 'cause the i55 DL/GC weapons not good for ruru/titan?

Also I spent all mah monies on a vanya hat and robe for my SMN and decided to try the class out in WP again... I must be doing something wrong, because I feel like I'm slowing down the add-heavy fights (the flan and when on adds-duty for Tonberry King) even though I do use shadowflare, bane and LB when required...

Sorian

Banned
Took a couple attempts, but I'm done with Hydra for my BRD's relic, hm primals are next. I assume keep doing ifrit hm until weapon drops, 'cause the i55 DL/GC weapons not good for ruru/titan?

Also I spent all mah monies on a vanya hat and robe for my SMN and decided to try the class out in WP again... I must be doing something wrong, because I feel like I'm slowing down the add-heavy fights (the flan and when on adds-duty for Tonberry King) even though I do use shadowflare, bane and LB when required...

You can get away with ifrit and garuda using a crap weapon. Titan might need a better weapon but not really for damage purposes, more for health purposes so that you are surviving the tumults and occasional plume that will hit you. If the entire group low item level then you may need to up damage but these days, a lot of the HM primal fights have the dps just from a couple of the people being way over geared.

Edit: And if you are on Ultros, just ask in FC, you can probably get into a group that will carry you all three in a half hour (I exaggerate a bit but we did actually one shot all three the other day for two relic-getters).

Apoptomon

You can get away with ifrit and garuda using a crap weapon. Titan might need a better weapon but not really for damage purposes, more for health purposes so that you are surviving the tumults and occasional plume that will hit you. If the entire group low item level then you may need to up damage but these days, a lot of the HM primal fights have the dps just from a couple of the people being way over geared.

Edit: And if you are on Ultros, just ask in FC, you can probably get into a group that will carry you all three in a half hour (I exaggerate a bit but we did actually one shot all three the other day for two relic-getters).

Thanks Sorian. Yeah I'm in UltrosGAF, so I do plan on FC-ing garuda and titan at least.Still, I might try gearing up a bit more anyway, at least so I don't feel like I'm being carried/a burden so much.

Sorian

Banned
Thanks Sorian. Yeah I'm in UltrosGAF, so I do plan on FC-ing garuda and titan at least.Still, I might try gearing up a bit more anyway, at least so I don't feel like I'm being carried/a burden so much.

Eh, better to just get your relic (and, subsequently, relic +1 since that is the first thing you should be buying, don't be impatient) out of the way. It gives you a great boost into end game content and it's relatively easy these days. I do say being carried as an expression but as long as you are trying to stay alive during the fight, you are helping (and really, it isn't the end of the world if you are sitting at the bottom of the pit when titan HM is beaten, it happens to all of us sometimes).

Edit: 3200 HP is your minimum goal for titan HM btw if no one has told you, that's enough to survive the tumults.

Synless

Why oh why can't my friend who got this game join my Sargatanas world? Furthermore, why is the world change tool not working on mogstation the day I actually need it?

Synless

There is a maintenance right now, maybe that's the reason?
No, that I know. My friend got a message saying they would not accept any new characters in my world. I was just complaining about the odds of maintenance being performed the day I finally get to play the game with one of my good friends.

How long do these maintenance sessions last anyway?

That will teach me to always BOLT for the exit on the last boss if what I wanted didn't drop. Everyone left so I got stuck with the darn CT MNK body piece. I mean yes on one hand I am leveling MNK but I wanted that casting body more!

And of course healing body piece drops as well, as if to spite me for not trying CT as WHM. Well screw it, not gonna grind CT for stuff I need, if something appears for an alt I can use, I'm taking it. Saving up for SMN myth chest piece next.

Reknoc

That will teach me to always BOLT for the exit on the last boss if what I wanted didn't drop. Everyone left so I got stuck with the darn CT MNK body piece. I mean yes on one hand I am leveling MNK but I wanted that casting body more!

And of course healing body piece drops as well, as if to spite me for not trying CT as WHM.

at least it saves you the pain of going through multiple times in the week and the chest piece never dropping

:D

I swear that's never happened to me before. To die once to Acheron is embarrassing enough, let alone like 3 times. In my defense though; those claws had it in for me.

You probably kept taunting them or something...=p

And sorry to all those GAF people I dragged on that CT trip to hell...not touching that place again until next week, then it's grab something/anything and not go there again...plus I accidently got our healer locked out, I'm a bad alliance leader...X(

What does a BLM do in a Wanderer's speed run? Just sleep in between BRD and WHM AOEs? Totally embarrassed myself trying to join a speed run as BLM-- I'm on a JP server and they couldn't really explain it to me since my JP is pretty limited. I'd only done speed runs on SCH and WHM so I don't usually pay as much attention to this stuff as I probably should... Man. :(

I'm well-geared but apparently I totally fucked up the run. I just want to make sure that never happens again cause wow, that sucked.

Ken

What does a BLM do in a Wanderer's speed run? Just sleep in between BRD and WHM AOEs? Totally embarrassed myself trying to join a speed run as BLM-- I'm on a JP server and they couldn't really explain it to me since my JP is pretty limited. I'd only done speed runs on SCH and WHM so I don't usually pay as much attention to this stuff as I probably should... Man. :(

I'm well-geared but apparently I totally fucked up the run. I just want to make sure that never happens again cause wow, that sucked.

Hm, on the first long hallway before the first boss, you want to DPS down the marked Tonberry and sleep the rest of them with enough time to allow everyone else to seal the boss room.

Yeah, I mean, we didn't even make it past the first mob group because the tank just got creamed because I wasn't sleeping things, apparently. But The WHM and BRD were AOEing the entire group, so I'm not even sure how it was supposed to work. Feel like a total noob here but I was always fine with the healer role-- I just have no clue what I missed, so it was frustrating and embarrassing.

Edit:

OK, I see what you're saying-- I should have been sleeping things along the way. That makes more sense. I wasn't even doing that, heh :/ They were just like "do you know how to sleep" and I must have looked completely stupid not doing that as we were running past mobs.

Khatoz

Yeah, I mean, we didn't even make it past the first mob group because the tank just got creamed because I wasn't sleeping things, apparently. But The WHM and BRD were AOEing the entire group, so I'm not even sure how it was supposed to work. Feel like a total noob here but I was always fine with the healer role-- I just have no clue what I missed, so it was frustrating and embarrassing.

Edit:

OK, I see what you're saying-- I should have been sleeping things along the way. That makes more sense. I wasn't even doing that, heh :/ They were just like "do you know how to sleep" and I must have looked completely stupid not doing that as we were running past mobs.

There needs to be two pulls. The first ends at the first Tonberry with 2 buzzards. These need to be aoe down as you will have 2 Tonberries from the entrance and 2 buzzards if your group couldn't avoid aggroing them (all of these mobs are immune to sleep) and the bugd, buzzards, tonberry from that area.

Once those are dead, comes the second pull where it will be 2 tonberries and a bunch of slugs and fishes, which you should sleep once the Tonberry standing on the door that leads to the boss is at around 50%. This should be enough time to kill the tonberry, pull the boss and lock the rest of the mobs.

Had a great time with GAF tonight (I'm Ella Wolfhart, btw) taking down HM Titan and then helping out with a perfect HM Garuda. Thanks everyone!

Edit:

This might not be of much use to you as it's from the BRD's perspective, but here you go. You can at least see where the 2 pulls are, and when the mobs get slept.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSgVRpn_xdE

edit: Welp, I just checked my own video. The 2 times the BLM Sleeps the second pull, they are offscreen. You can hear the Sleep sound effect though, basically the tank gathers all the mobs in the group, the BLM Sleeps a mob in the center so hits all the mobs, the Tonberry to kill is marked and everyone kills it, the BLM refreshes the Sleep while everyone else runs and pulls the boss, then the BLM hauls ass into the boss arena before it seals. Those are the only 2 times the BLM uses Sleep in the SR.

creid

That will teach me to always BOLT for the exit on the last boss if what I wanted didn't drop. Everyone left so I got stuck with the darn CT MNK body piece.
You could bolt, but then someone else will get stuck with a drop they don't want. Best if everyone passes before anyone leaves.

MogCakes

This is my first time resubbing since my free trial back in August and I'm confused as hell. Can someone tell me if this is right?

I've already paid the sub and my account is activated, but it's asking me to register a new account - what's going on here?

EDIT: I should mention I've bought an extra license for the PS3 to switch up to the PS4 version when it comes around. Could it be that this is trying to get me to register it?

Jayhawk

Heavy Allagan Flanchard dropped for my Coil group tonight, and both tanks needed it. I lost the lot. :( Ah well, next time! I won the Allagan Earrings of Fending on turn 2 after though. :D I temporarily have too much accuracy on my PLD now. The extra accuracy means I could use another CT tank piece to upgrade my gloves or belt or boots (none of the CT tank pieces have acc, but won't be an issue)... but I think I'll use my weekly CT piece on my MNK44.

ill prob get the myth belt for my warrior this week. that will wrap up the left side with i90. coil has been a disappointment with drops. only got the chest to switch out if needed. the jewelry set is almost fully melded as well. so yea, pretty much nothing to look forward to anymore gearwise. love to get an axe upgrade, but not there yet and for what?

Sophia

This is my first time resubbing since my free trial back in August and I'm confused as hell. Can someone tell me if this is right?

I've already paid the sub and my account is activated, but it's asking me to register a new account - what's going on here?

EDIT: I should mention I've bought an extra license for the PS3 to switch up to the PS4 version when it comes around. Could it be that this is trying to get me to register it?

If I understand it correctly (and I could very likely be wrong, not having the PS3 version yet) it sounds like your current Square Enix account already has the service FFXIV PC, and it's offering to add the new service of FFXIV PS3 to the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom