• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

MogCakes

If I understand it correctly (and I could very likely be wrong, not having the PS3 version yet) it sounds like your current Square Enix account already has the service FFXIV PC, and it's offering to add the new service of FFXIV PS3 to the account.

My account has an active PS3 version on it, not PC (yet). I bought another PS3 license recently to upgrade to the PS4 version free while still being able to access the game on the PS3. What's baffling me right now is it's asking me to register a new service account and I'm not sure why it isn't recognizing my already active account.

Sophia

My account has an active PS3 version on it, not PC (yet). I bought another PS3 license recently to upgrade to the PS4 version free while still being able to access the game on the PS3. What's baffling me right now is it's asking me to register a new service account and I'm not sure why it isn't recognizing my already active account.

Oooooh. In that case, hang on to your second PS3 version. You can't activate it twice. You'll have to transfer it over to the PS4 version when offered, then add the new PS3 license.

MogCakes

Oooooh. In that case, hang on to your second PS3 version. You can't activate it twice. You'll have to transfer it over to the PS4 version when offered, then add the new PS3 license.

I'm trying not to (it's a digital license), but it seems like the game isn't even recognizing my already active account and is trying to get me to register the new license I bought.

Thank you for an amazing night GAF.

I'm davos.

I was in a dark place after so many failed garuda hm. I would never have imagine I would clear titan tonight as well. All the build up of hearing people in chat struggle or see others sell runs made me think It would be a long while.

Sophia

I'm trying not to (it's a digital license), but it seems like the game isn't even recognizing my already active account.

Wait. I'm confused. I think you may have screwed yourself by buying a second digital copy... We'll need someone else to tell us what's going on.

MogCakes

Wait. I'm confused. I think you may have screwed yourself by buying a second digital copy... We'll need someone else to tell us what's going on.

:( damn. I had just resubbed and everything. Why isn't my service account recognized...I'm sure it's still linked to my PSN.

Aeana

CT people who designate themselves main tank should take on all of those responsibilities, including ensuring that all 23 other people are in the damn arena before engaging.

Resilient

CT people who designate themselves main tank should take on all of those responsibilities, including ensuring that all 23 other people are in the damn arena before engaging.

Actual assholes, anybody who does this intentionally. I mean it happens sometimes. But not accidentally more than once.

MogCakes

Well after a crap ton of researching on just why my FFXIV client wasn't recognizing my first service account, I made the mistake of clicking 'next' at the second screen I posted earlier. And- yep, it created a goddamn new service account. Square - WHERE the hell is my first (and active!) one? Good god! WTF is going on with them. I'm tearing my hair out here.

MogCakes

I know what happened now and yep, you're right, I did screw myself by buying the second digital copy. Bah. I had bought it to switch up to the PS4 when it was time, but I had thought I'd be able to log into my active account in the meantime. :/ Goddammit Square, why did you make this so complicated.

Hopefully I can sort this out with the customer service when they're up. Until then I hope to at least be able to log into my original account.

4 CT runs today...or Monday that is...2 MNK chest pieces...zzzzzz.

Not sure what to make of the BRD CT chest piece...

And what is some good food I should be using for Turn 4? I want all the dps I can pump out!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Gold magitek is ugly.

magitek.png

rykomatsu

Thank you for an amazing night GAF.

I'm davos.

I was in a dark place after so many failed garuda hm. I would never have imagine I would clear titan tonight as well. All the build up of hearing people in chat struggle or see others sell runs made me think It would be a long while.

You did well tanking, and it wasn't difficult healing you for mountain buster :)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Today is the last day of my 30-day trial, and I've hit BRD 50, as well as having 19 CNJ, 23 PGL, and CRP, MIN, and BTN all at 20+. Only have about 8 story quests remaining, as well. Not bad, I'd say. Will definitely be re-subbing.

Ianan

I want to get back into this after playing through FF12 recently. Latest patch looks really cool!
I just wanna know, is there much to do end-game yet? Besides just doing the boring grind of primals and dungeons for better gear? I have pretty much every class to 45-50.

Kenai

I want to get back into this after playing through FF12 recently. Latest patch looks really cool!
I just wanna know, is there much to do end-game yet? Besides just doing the boring grind of primals and dungeons for better gear? I have pretty much every class to 45-50.

Yes and no. There's the same old in that they added Primal Extremes (which are comparable in difficulty to HM at release, so no cakewalk) and a few new endgame 4 mans. CT is interesting but needs some polish going forward (a fairly easy 24 man raid).

New stuff includes things like Treasure Maps (collect one every ~18 hours, find some loot solo or in a group), Beastman dailies (build up some rep, learn some Sylph/Amaj lore, get some stuff) "Daily Dungeons" for extra tomes, gold and exp, Good King Moogle, and some new storyline related stuff. There's also FC housing related stuff but that's a bit pricey so there's not much to do with that right now. Ultros GAF is working hard tho!

It's basically how everyone was hoping the launch would be, and even though what I personally like out of the patch has been hit or miss (I'm genuinely terrified of EM Titan) it's still pretty good overall.

K.Sabot

Went from item level 50 or so (probably less) to i78 in less than a month.

Finally can get shit done now the semester is over.

Someone get this girl a tailor, that jacket is hideously fitted on her.

Teletraan1

Banned
After reading the letter from Yoshi-P on their stance towards the housing pricing I agree with him. Had the prices been cheaper you would have seen a land rush like you are going to see when the personal housing comes out. This way the people who can eventually afford the big plots and houses will most likely actually get the plot/house they want rather than lose them to some scrub who bought some gil.

K.Sabot

I also agree on housing prices, the issue now is that we've created an economy that consists of people hoarding their gil and not buying anything, which has driven down prices on almost everything valuable.

MechaX

The best was when I was in an all GAF Alliance and there was literally bitch fighting in the other alliances for who would be main tank. It was hilarious, if not depressing to see salty tanks pulling Ascheron when only like 4 people were in the arena, let alone seeing the boss walk back and forth being continuously pulled by 4 different tanks in the actual fight.

Teletraan1

Banned
I just won the DF lottery and got some really good group for Titan HM. They dodged shit, the other healer was good and the tank could take a hit. Still was a very challenging fight but very fun. Finally got my relic. I still say they should just nerf the heart health just a bit just so people can practice the last part. The damage in the group wasn't the best as weapons ranged from ok to terrible. The fight did go on for a fairly long time but everyone just dodged everything so we were able to kill it. I dont even think we had a death on the kill, near the end everyone was just in some zone where nobody was taking unnecessary damage. Best experience with random people yet.

Paprikka

Not the best looking. Looks like someone melted gold over it. How did he get 500 so quickly?

Baiscally the same way you get 3 groups into CT at the same time. Find a guildhest that goes quick, swap the language and have you and three friends solo queue. Would still take over 150 runs, but doesn't surprise me there are people grinding it out.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
After reading the letter from Yoshi-P on their stance towards the housing pricing I agree with him. Had the prices been cheaper you would have seen a land rush like you are going to see when the personal housing comes out. This way the people who can eventually afford the big plots and houses will most likely actually get the plot/house they want rather than lose them to some scrub who bought some gil.

Disagree. All he has done is make people hold on to their gil and they will continue to do so for months. This will effect every market in the game. No one has faith in anything Yoshi has to say concerning gil in this game now. Especially after the delivery.

I fully expect fire sale on housing plots by the end of January.

Teletraan1

Banned
Disagree. All he has done is make people hold on to their gil and they will continue to do so for months. This will effect every market in the game. No one has faith in anything Yoshi has to say concerning gil in this game now. Especially after the delivery.

I fully expect fire sale on housing plots by the end of January.

The market was dead already. Their weak attempt at stopping Botting, RMT. in addition to readily available tomestones and alternative forms of Gil generation and a fairly large amount of worthless crafting professions already did it in. It was in a decline before this housing hoarding as that is the natural way a MMO market works. It will correct itself in time and when new items are added they will be the new hotness for the market or they add/fix crafting professions. You see a high amount of value on the market early, people make empires, then as the time between expansions goes on all this stuff gets ground down to no value because every joe jack asshole has it and then when a new patch/expansion comes out with new items or crafting that will be the valuable items. Just like every other MMO market place ever.

So you disagree does that mean that you would have rather had all the good plots bought up by RMT scrubs immediately or you are just mad that the ruined market is ruined further. I am not sure. I do feel thy might have overshot the amount of Gil required as they have in this game from the start where doing something netted you a large negative in Gil but I understand the intent.

aceface

Just learned about the Xmas event today and, after two FATE events, I got all of the gear.

Will do one more run to stock up on food.

I was literally running to do the fate for the first time this morning when the event ended. Oh well, now we have wacky horse heads! (And much better looking helmets from previous years)

Tabris

Man I feel bad for anyone being on my first run of anything, but by the second run, I have that down.

Did WP last night with someone from GAF and we wiped like 4-5 times. Did WP right after (by accident, forgot I had it in duty finder when I was trying to duty find a guildhest ha) and finished in like 25 mins with 0 deaths. I'm now at 3 DL pieces and 2 tome-mat crafted pieces.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So you disagree does that mean that you would have rather had all the good plots bought up by RMT scrubs immediately or you are just mad that the ruined market is ruined further. I am not sure. I do feel thy might have overshot the amount of Gil required as they have in this game from the start where doing something netted you a large negative in Gil but I understand the intent.

I disagree in that this entire thing was handled terribly.

1) How awful are they have implemented plots in the first place. They should still be able to generate new wards on the fly as more and more plots are bought up.

2) The pricing on the plots are stupid. They should be expensive but not that expensive. The pricing right now encourages RMT. It doesn't discourage it. They are back in force now.

3) Segregating the player base like they did in regards to pricing left a bad taste in people's mouths. Treating your most loyal of players that way (Legacy) is bad form. They picked up on that and are trying to change it, but it's not enough.

4) They failed to create a new market in furniture. Keep the key required drops low and the value of furniture is raised for all players. It creates a new market for crafters and gatherers alike. Now? No one cares. If you do get a key drop, you're hording it. There is no demand and the prices dropped like a rock. now, when housing does become affordable, the market has long been dead because people either saved up the goods or bought them super low.

Bottom line is, people were looking forward to this thing big time. Now? Not to much. It was a big part of the patch for many people and it turned into a let down. Not to mention that they are not suspicious of personal housing prices. Yoshi says they will be lower, but Yoshi says a lot and means little.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Bottom line is, people were looking forward to this thing big time. Now? Not to much. It was a big part of the patch for many people and it turned into a let down. Not to mention that they are not suspicious of personal housing prices. Yoshi says they will be lower, but Yoshi says a lot and means little.

Housing has really left a sour taste in a lot of the playerbase

Everyone is hoarding gil, right now the market across the board has crashed to to an unbelievable low
Only gil being traded is the recycled gil leaving from 1 player to another, nothing is driving the economy aka Thriving to push it forward
Some players get the gil and hoard away, which in turn leaves less gil in the economy to purchase goods

The housing market is the stupidest thing they did to ruin a whole games economy

It should have been a % tier

If you have < 20 members in your FC you get up to the 6th tier right
< 50 6th or 5th or 4th
< 100 3rd
> 100 2nd
> 200 1st

If you want to pay for a rank higher add +10mil to total, so if a FC with 20 players wants a 1st tier house, cost them roughly an extra 50mil to get rights to buy

Then use the % of guild members in FC with proportion to an amount that would equal to the 6th tier and 1st tier

No one player should be putting up more than 1mil per person
It's retarded how a stupid thing which will not be used that much by the playerbase, has ruined the game economy to fulfill it's needs

Mairu

I disagree in that this entire thing was handled terribly.

1) How awful are they have implemented plots in the first place. They should still be able to generate new wards on the fly as more and more plots are bought up.

2) The pricing on the plots are stupid. They should be expensive but not that expensive. The pricing right now encourages RMT. It doesn't discourage it. They are back in force now.

3) Segregating the player base like they did in regards to pricing left a bad taste in people's mouths. Treating your most loyal of players that way (Legacy) is bad form. They picked up on that and are trying to change it, but it's not enough.

4) They failed to create a new market in furniture. Keep the key required drops low and the value of furniture is raised for all players. It creates a new market for crafters and gatherers alike. Now? No one cares. If you do get a key drop, you're hording it. There is no demand and the prices dropped like a rock. now, when housing does become affordable, the market has long been dead because people either saved up the goods or bought them super low.

I agree with the above completely.

For something that should be super casual content, they've made the entry fee way too hardcore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom