• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

So, apparently there's something wrong with my cable line. Said cable company is going to be here in a few hours to work on it, but it's quite plausible that I may not be able to get on tonight.

Huge shame. Seeing as today is the last day for that winter event. I really wanted to grab that reindeer suit, and some of the food.

creid

So, apparently there's something wrong with my cable line. Said cable company is going to be here in a few hours to work on it, but it's quite plausible that I may not be able to get on tonight.

Huge shame. Seeing as today is the last day for that winter event. I really wanted to grab that reindeer suit, and some of the food.
You already missed it, ended 4 hours ago. New Year's stuff is already up.

Synless

Last night I tried to change worlds but it was under maintenance, today I tried again and it won't let me select my characters world that I want to leave, it looks like this.

What do I need to do?

Last night I tried to change worlds but it was under maintenance, today I tried again and it won't let me select my characters world that I want to leave, it looks like this.

What do I need to do?

You're on a legacy world, right?

If so, you can't transfer to another world that isn't designated "Legacy"

Torquill

On the upside of that, at least materia is getting cheaper.
Yeah. Now is the time to Penta meld your IVs. House hoarding and 2.1 quest rewards have made the prices plummet. I've been tempted to buy a few cheap to resell later, but I'm too chicken shit.

Torquill

So how does I play with my friend? He tried to get into my world when he signed up and it told him it wasn't accepting any new characters.
He moves to your world, someone starts a new char, or you wait until Legacy to Non-Legacy transfers are enabled.

studyguy

i90'd out the wazoo on my PLD,
I just need the RNG to drop something I need from coil now.
It's sort of painful to just sit and hope. Getting run down being on Excal so our home buy in prices for anything over a shitty small plot are absurd. Slowing down on the game bigtime.

So how does I play with my friend? He tried to get into my world when he signed up and it told him it wasn't accepting any new characters.

You're on Sargatanas, correct?

It's currently open for character creation. Your friend could make one there now.

They usually open character creation in the mornings unless the world is completely full.

You can see which worlds have creation enabled or disabled here -

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/80cd4583bf743600105b947d6906d0909189e479

Zomba13

i installed a ssd in my ps3 solely for FF14 and wow, the difference is massive. 50€ very well spent (64gb ssd lol).

I now run FFXIV on my PC from an SSD. Things load so much quicker now. Quite easily one of the best upgrades for anything imo.

All the Far Easterners for the Heavensturn event are horse-loving weirdos. lol

Equinephilia is perfectly normal. It's you Chocowotsits that are the weird ones. You just can't embrace the beauty of the majestic stallion!

Mupod

we've been doing peisteskin maps and donating all the gil to the house fund afterwards, and since you get myth from that + coil I don't even have to try anymore.

Shouta

"Easy"
You have to put up with the various crappy things that inevitably happen in every run.

I haven't had much issues myself. A run last night was a bit messy but that's the only one I've run into that's been like that. Ran into Bookey too in one of them.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Adventures in Titan HM:

epictitan.png

Aeana

You've been getting more and more negative about things of late and I'm not sure why.
Probably because I haven't gotten to do the things I want to do in the game for weeks, and I just end up helping people or doing things I'm scheduled to do and logging out. I love helping people, a lot, but sometimes I want to get something done for myself, and it hasn't happened. Not blaming anyone, since I could be doing plenty more to make this happen myself, but the result is a little enbittering I guess.

Torquill

Probably because I haven't gotten to do the things I want to do in the game for weeks, and I just end up helping people or doing things I'm scheduled to do and logging out. I love helping people, a lot, but sometimes I want to get something done for myself, and it hasn't happened. Not blaming anyone, since I could be doing plenty more to make this happen myself, but the result is a little enbittering I guess.
In the long run people would probably prefer you take a little me time once in awhile than slowly burning yourself out. :)

Sorian

Banned

In the long run people would probably prefer you take a little me time once in awhile than slowly burning yourself out. :)

I have to agree with the above. I love helping people too but just because someone is begging for something in FC chat doesn't mean you have to drop stuff and help, sometimes I just want to get done what I want to get done and that's fine and if it's group content, just buckle down and make your own group, it's that simple and if you aren't beating the content right away on attempts, that's fine. There wouldn't be a point if it was all face roll easy.

Out of curiousity, what are the things you're trying to do in game? Maybe people can help you that way.

But yea, it's silly to burn yourself out trying to always help folk, that rarely works.

Synless

When playing instances I see that I can replay them, should I keep doing that? Can better armor keep showing up? I just got a new body armor that was leagues better than what I had.

Lucis

First time step into coil, turn 1 was super easy (half party was new)
Turn 2, someone says "lets do this enrage strat" and explains what it is, turns out we had the correct job among the people in the party, turns out to be super easy too.
People had to leave for other stuff after turn2 =(

Resilient

When playing instances I see that I can replay them, should I keep doing that? Can better armor keep showing up? I just got a new body armor that was leagues better than what I had.

IMO only if you want to do it for fun. The armour between levels 1-45 gets made redundant way too quickly. So now point grinding for pink/green pieces.

You should have Duty Roulette available for Low Level Dungeons. This will put you in a random dungeon based on those that you have already completed prior. I guess do that once per day because you get:

A chunky XP bonus
100 philo tomes
10 myth tomes

Those tomes will be a MASSIVE boost by the time you reach end game - they're used to purchase iLvl 70 armour and eventually, your Relic Zenith (best class weapon). The XP will help you get to 50 sooner and may even let you avoid some FATE grinding once you reach level 47 and just want to finish the story, lol.

gatti-man

"Easy"
You have to put up with the various crappy things that inevitably happen in every run.

As a dps I cue up for party in progress ct run. 9/10 I start at KB with a broken party which quickly rebuilds and finishes in 20 minutes or less. Pretty easy and most of the best gear in CT is 3/4.

Synless

IMO only if you want to do it for fun. The armour between levels 1-45 gets made redundant way too quickly. So now point grinding for pink/green pieces.

You should have Duty Roulette available for Low Level Dungeons. This will put you in a random dungeon based on those that you have already completed prior. I guess do that once per day because you get:

A chunky XP bonus
100 philo tomes
10 myth tomes

Those tomes will be a MASSIVE boost by the time you reach end game - they're used to purchase iLvl 70 armour and eventually, your Relic Zenith (best class weapon). The XP will help you get to 50 sooner and may even let you avoid some FATE grinding once you reach level 47 and just want to finish the story, lol.
How do you set up a duty roulette if you don't mind my asking? How does the whole pink/green system work? Do you complete whole sets during these roulette's? I guess I'm confused on this process. Also, I noticed you get three options when opening a chest, greed, need and something else. If you have a group of people, how does that work?

Went into CT today as my WHM character, haven't really healed in a long while but I did fine. Got my healing robe after two runs but like 7 people left after the Bone Dragon boss so we had to wait for the alliance to refill, I can't tell you how stupid and irritating that is.

Not looking forward to those myth pants

LowParry

These horseheads. lol

The other samurai like helms are pretty damn cool. Now if there was only a samurai class/job to go with it. Hmmmmm.

Resilient

How do you set up a duty roulette if you don't mind my asking? How does the whole pink/green system work? Do you complete whole sets during these roulette's? I guess I'm confused on this process. Also, I noticed you get three options when opening a chest, greed, need and something else. If you have a group of people, how does that work?

Duty Roulette should be an option in Duty Finder, at the top of your DF list. I'm not sure what level you are so maybe it isn't an option for you yet. It's just like queuing up for any other duty finder and will put you in any dungeon you've completed on random. Best results if you're a tank or healer.

Pink gear sets are better than plain pieces, and their stat spread is random and different for each pink piece of the same gear (usually). Green is the best you can get for that level and will complete a full green set. So a green weapon is better than a pink, while a pink is usually better than a normal. Sets can only be completed from the same dungeon (I think), and so you won't usually be able to complete a green set over a range of level 15, 17, 21 dungeons etc. Fr example, the Battlemage set (green) can only be completed and found in Brayflox, a level 32 dungeon.

When Need is available you should, more often than not, click it. Need means it is suitable to your current job, so you're gonna want it. If 2 people "Need" an item, they both roll for it and at the point it's luck for who gets it. If you have an item level 30 weapon and you have the option to Need a level 20 weapon, technically you can need it but you won't use it. However as it's suitable for your job, the option is given to you. Use your best judgement in these cases. Greed is used when you want the item and it's not for your current job. If nobody chooses to Need and 2 people choose to Greed, they then roll for the item. If 1 person chooses to Need and 2 choose to Greed, the person who Needs will get priority and win the item. If you want none of, just Pass :)

Hope that helps!

So I was trying to setup Mumble and I had my username as my ingame name but everytime I try to connect, it keeps saying invalid username...errr, what am I doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom