• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synless

Duty Roulette should be an option in Duty Finder, at the top of your DF list. I'm not sure what level you are so maybe it isn't an option for you yet. It's just like queuing up for any other duty finder and will put you in any dungeon you've completed on random. Best results if you're a tank or healer.

Pink gear sets are better than plain pieces, and their stat spread is random and different for each pink piece of the same gear (usually). Green is the best you can get for that level and will complete a full green set. So a green weapon is better than a pink, while a pink is usually better than a normal. Sets can only be completed from the same dungeon (I think), and so you won't usually be able to complete a green set over a range of level 15, 17, 21 dungeons etc. Fr example, the Battlemage set (green) can only be completed and found in Brayflox, a level 32 dungeon.

When Need is available you should, more often than not, click it. Need means it is suitable to your current job, so you're gonna want it. If 2 people "Need" an item, they both roll for it and at the point it's luck for who gets it. If you have an item level 30 weapon and you have the option to Need a level 20 weapon, technically you can need it but you won't use it. However as it's suitable for your job, the option is given to you. Use your best judgement in these cases. Greed is used when you want the item and it's not for your current job. If nobody chooses to Need and 2 people choose to Greed, they then roll for the item. If 1 person chooses to Need and 2 choose to Greed, the person who Needs will get priority and win the item. If you want none of, just Pass :)

Hope that helps!
Thank you for the write up, it helped me greatly. I have a pretty good understanding now.

Sophia

New Year's Greetings:
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/5a154a2d3eaf289d0e858fec416bbdf618b01f70

5a154a2d3eaf289d0e858fec416bbdf618b01f70_0.png

..mmh what about Samurai (unsheated, a rime-kissed blade) and Ninja (splendor dances with shades) classes from that passage?

Last line sounds like it's referencing Shiva or related icy areas. Second line.... Dark Knight maybe?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, SE let you pick up all of these Kabutos. That's pretty sweet. Can only store four of them (the dragon ones). >.>

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So my free trial is supposed to end on the 1st. So does that mean it'll end at midnight on the 1st, or midnight on the 2nd? 'Cause I bought it on the 3rd, and that would make the 1st the 30th day, so I'm not exactly clear on when it ends.

Aeana

"I'm going to level BLM!" is a thing I thought today.
Then I did one leve as my 26 THM and I'm done. I don't know how you dudes do it. I really don't like this job. Took me a long time just to get it to 26 for swiftcast.

Ken

Then I did one leve as my 26 THM and I'm done. I don't know how you dudes do it. I really don't like this job. Took me a long time just to get it to 26 for swiftcast.

Still leveling my BLM. It's preeeeetty meh to me too.

chrono01

It's a lot more fun once you obtain Fire III/Blizzard III, and work Thunder II/III [and sometimes Flare] into your rotation. Balancing your MP between Astral Fire/Umbral Ice is exciting, at least it is to me, and once you get in the rhythm of things, it just feels "right". Unfortunately the Umbral Ice/tick change made the rotation(s) slightly more rigid, but I've adjusted more-or-less so everything feels pretty much as it should.

Playing a THM/BLM at early levels, though [and needing to rely on Transpose] is boring, though. I noticed that when I had to go back and do earlier Guildhests for the Main Story.

kiryogi

Banned

Well one thing I did mine in 1.x. But I absolutely love having BLM as my secondary go to even though I am main PLD, I'm lazy as hell about it. Fantastic at it, but I'd rather sitback mindlessly and nuke amazing high numbers. You just feel like a massive badass when you proc Firestarter and Thundercloud. Back to back massive damage, then add in a swiftcast Flare.

chrono01

Don't listen to Makoto. Guy doesn't even know how to get gear in coil.
Well, you se--

It's just tha--

It's not as thoug--

...Your words, they cut me deeper than any blade ever could. You speak the truth, of course, but even still. I am convinced I have angered the Loot RNG of the game somehow, it's the only explanation I can think so. One cannot be this unlucky, not without a cause/reason.

I'm not too worried about it, though. Next week will definitely be MY week. I'm feeling pretty confident about that.

Well, you se--

It's just tha--

It's not as thoug--

...Your words, they cut me deeper than any blade ever could. You speak the truth, of course, but even still. I am convinced I have angered the Loot RNG of the game somehow, it's the only explanation I can think so. One cannot be this unlucky, not without a cause/reason.

I'm not too worried about it, though. Next week will definitely be MY week. I'm feeling pretty confident about that.

I don't know. I like gearing up my monk and since I dictate what items drop you might not get anything till I have all my allagan items. But since I have both items from turn 4, maybe ill let you get your pants this week.

chrono01

I don't know. I like gearing up my monk and since I dictate what items drop you might not get anything till I have all my allagan items. But since I have both items from turn 4, maybe ill let you get your pants this week.
Your generosity knows no bounds, sir.

I thank you.

Rhaxas

Out of curiosity, is there any point to levelling crafting? I've been looking at people higher levels than me and it seems that all the BIS gear does not require materia.

Same goes for cross class skills, I thought they would be absolutely necessary in endgame raids, but I don't see many players using them.

Any help with these questions will be much appreciated!

Jayhawk

Out of curiosity, is there any point to levelling crafting? I've been looking at people higher levels than me and it seems that all the BIS gear does not require materia.

Same goes for cross class skills, I thought they would be absolutely necessary in endgame raids, but I don't see many players using them.

If all you're set on doing is spamming dungeons, then you do not need to level crafting.

Cross-class skills are very beneficial in end-game raids and many players do use them. Swiftcast, Stoneskin, and Blood for Blood are among the more useful cross-class skills.

Sophia

Crafting is a pretty big money maker, and used for more than just materia. Especially now that there's guild housing out, with player housing coming.

As for cross-class skills, some skills are considered absolutely essential right now. Foresight for example for Paladin tanks, Swiftcast for both healer classes, etc.

Aeana

Are you sure about that? In particular, if your healer doesn't have swiftcast, then they're bad. It's really, really necessary.

Rhaxas

If all you're set on doing is spamming dungeons, then you do not need to level crafting.

Cross-class skills are very beneficial in end-game raids and many players do use them. Swiftcast, Stoneskin, and Blood for Blood are among the more useful cross-class skills.

Thank you very much for the advice. Looks like I'll be leveling a Pugilist after I hit 50 on my Dragoon :)

edit: sorry I should have mentioned my class, which was dragoon. I was just watching some streamers and noticed they didn't have cross class skills on their hotbars during raids.

I hope that as a FC in 2014, we strive to be better players and treat our fellow guildmates with respect. Or something. I just hate to see things like guildmembers ditching others on content they agreed to help with or the silly miscommunication in things like the all gaf CT runs. We are better than that!

klee123

Finally beat Titan HM and got my first relic (Curtana + Holy Shield)

After 8 attempts I finally beat it.

Consider how much more difficult it is to do Titan HM as a healer, I'm not sure if I wanna bother lol.

Enthus

I may get back into this. I stopped after I got to 50 and got my AF gear way back in September, now I'm not quite sure what to do. I've played through each of the Seasonal Events in order to not miss limited items, but I haven't kept up on any other updates. Anything you guys recommend?

It sucks until 40. Then it gets fun.

Something for you to do in 2014, I guess. :3

I may get back into this. I stopped after I got to 50 and got my AF gear way back in September, now I'm not quite sure what to do. I've played through each of the Seasonal Events in order to not miss limited items, but I haven't kept up on any other updates. Anything you guys recommend?

Depends, what do you want to do? Experience everything? Gear up for Coil? Just have fun? Of course, all of these are pretty fun!

Isaccard

For a lot of people it's their first MMO and more times than not they aren't willing to learn their classes/jobs and fight mechanics.

I partly blame fight grinding before 2.1, blast your way to 50 on all jobs only to have no idea how to coordinate with 7 other random players or how to play your job effectively at endgame.

But it's these players that make duty finder so amusing, but it can get frustrating when you're just looking to progress through content.

Item Box

Kinda ridiculous that people still can't get Titan hm done through df though

maybe someday I guess
lol

A few months ago I got a tank in AK that started the dungeon saying it was his first time tanking, because he FATE'd to 50. I was speechless.
I make sure to run through most dungeons for every new class I level just so I have an understanding of what I should be doing

Isaccard

maybe someday I guess
lol

I make sure to run through most dungeons for every new class I level just so I have an understanding of what I should be doing

Class/job quests are supposed to steer you in this direction. I imagine the players in question just echo their way through it >_>

Tabris

maybe someday I guess
lol

I'll give you my perspective.

This game is easy once you've had a chance to experience something (a couple tries, a couple wipes, and you learn how to beat that boss or clear that dungeon. maybe a couple more tries to know how to clear it fast). Well with duty finder, there's a good chance you'll have someone's first attempt. It's a bit of loop of people learning. I see comments about players sucking (not from anyone specifically), and I just think putting into the perspective of all your first time tries and how they went, you should be able to sympathize.

Now if you were the type that watched youtube videos on every single dungeon run and boss to be able to prepare for it, fair enough, but some people want to have the experience of trying and learning.

Everyone has been really nice I met in general (except a couple one offs) and no one has freaked out on me for being new, but I do see a bit of elitism with comments all over the game, and wanted to just point out perspective.

And if you are tired of playing with new players, then the only option is forming a static group. I understand that frustration, but some sympathy (not saying you don't have any, just a general comment) is also nice.

*I went on a bit of a rant. Sorry about that. I have just reached end game and been feeling bad every time I do an event as it's new to me and it's inconveniencing others (they don't say it or anything, as everyone has been nice).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom