• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Personally, for new content, I enjoy experiencing the mechanics/bosses for myself without second-hand knowledge. I understand that it might be frustrating to some, especially in the DF, that studied extensively and/or did the fight numerous times, but it's just a lot more satisfying learning things for yourself.

That's why I'm so happy I have such an incredible Static Coil/Raid group [you know who you all are!] that are fine with going into these encounters blind [although I have watched a stream or two of them regardless, I WAS CURIOUS!]. A bit of knowledge if fine, but when you break down every aspect of the fight and know exactly what's coming and when [on your first attempt], where's the fun in that?

I understand that there are others that feel the complete opposite, and that's entirely fine, just sharing my perspective on the matter. :)

wooo our group beat Turn 4 after our second day of ever trying it...our run was 75 percent casting gear, works for me but our healers need a bone thrown their way.

Marceles

Lmao there should be some kind of FFXIV tutorial on how hate works because it's pretty bad how people still don't understand postgame. In FFXI there wasn't even a hate indicator, a mob would just run up to you and stab you. In XIV it's right on the side of the screen listed out.

I don't even have my Ifrit weapon yet and now that they've made him a little more immune to stun during eruption, every run I've done has ended in the PLD getting yelled at since they don't know the patch change, or the tanks aren't doing enough for the group. Quite a few have started off with MT running under Ifrit's legs and a bard just going all out on Ifrit, then getting punched in the face.

As far putting in a lot of time for myths, lol it's like people who don't play the game much can't live. You're not geared because you're not farming myths? You suck. You have gear but you don't know the fights? You're trash. I thought the whole priority of getting gear in the first place was to suck but at least you can get your ass kicked for a little longer to keep fighting and dish out damage. That part I didn't understand but...*shrugs*

Sophia

Lmao there should be some kind of FFXIV tutorial on how hate works because it's pretty bad how people still don't understand postgame. In FFXI there wasn't even a hate indicator, a mob would just run up to you and stab you. In XIV it's right on the side of the screen listed out.

I can't speak for Marauder yet, but for Gladiator there is a tutorial. At your level 10 class quest, no less. That said, the aggro list indicator isn't quite as easy to understand as one might think.

Plus most people probably just power past it. It's like how people tend to ignore the teaching mechanics in the Guildhests in the name of speed.

Wow at that tank instruction for Titan HM hah.

I love that chart, I've seen it several times now and it's funny every time.

Of course if more than 1-2 DPS eats it after the Heart phase, you will very likely start getting Weight of the Land under you as the tank and you better know how to dodge them. Also your healers probably greatly appreciate it if you make an effort to move from the Cross bombs and the Line bombs. Only the Clock bombs are basically unavoidable by the tank in the last phase.

MechaX

You can be closer to i90 and still die given the circumsntances. You have to pop a CD or have a healer max you before.

I've seen many tanks (even ones with full ilvl90) get absolutely wrecked by Wicked Wheels. I don't know if it's the tanks, or if it's the healers. But when it happens, a wipe is sure to follow.

It happens so often that I have to wonder if there is a "correct" sister to pull.

Silky

Banned
Could someone explain the subscription fee to me? Since it's my first time paying, do these apply?

cuwc65B.png

and is crysta the cheaper route?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Could someone explain the subscription fee to me? Since it's my first time paying, do these apply?

cuwc65B.png

Think it's $12.99 a month if you only have one character slot per server, and $15.99 a month if you want more than one character slot per server. Not 100% sure if that is the answer you were looking for or not.

cuwc65B.png

and is crysta the cheaper route?

the $14.99 option is basically the same rate as other mmorpgs.

You can make 8 characters per server and you can have a maximum of 40 character across all servers. If you buy 90 days at a time, the rate is discounted and would work out to $13.99/month, but you're paying 3x $13.99 at once when you pick the 90 day sub option.

If you only care about having a single character per server with a maximum of 8 across all servers, you can pay a cheaper rate of $12.99/month in 30 day increments.

It's basically a discounted rate for people who don't want to make more than 1 character per server.

Well that first boss on coil 1 is interesting. One fuck up by either silencer at it is over.

Oh that fun continues into Turn 2 as well! Once you get it down, the fight is disgustingly easy.

You have to fight a souped up ADS for Turn 2 but as long as your silencer pays attention, easy easy fight.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I started leveling WAR for fun, enjoyed playing a different tank class and how it varied from PLD, the earlier dungeons MRD/WAR was amazing, it was the later dungeons where it became a little harder to handle stuff, but I worked the kinks out on it

This is how a join in progress, right before last boss, low level duty finder rewarded me for 5 minutes of work on my WAR:
BLM1lSg.jpg

Pre-50:
7z5fgLal.jpg

Hitting 50:
ZAqe0C1.jpg

My char looks good in WAR AF:
iRBL0LVl.jpg

ino7MZSl.jpg

QbWSxvtl.jpg

Used gear from PLD that is useable by both and jumped from ilvl55 WAR to ilvl73:
cWmF5Cxl.jpg

Gonna start leveling DRG next, then MNK & BRD

DJIzana

Got Garuda EM down to 33% or so as main tank. I've had enough of this fight for tonight. x_x

I know the feeling. I'm not really liking this vibe of how this game, so far, with it's first content patch, is still so... party driven. Where's the solo content?

I'm still willing to support them and see what this game can do over the next year but like... I'm really not liking the huge emphasis on cop out content like EX fights and Hard Mode dungeons.

Where's the content for us solo players, which Yoshida said he wanted to appeal to as well? We have... a select number of treasure hunts we can do, 3 daily quests per day, at max level, starting off that you can do, PVP, party finder and duty roulette (which still requires a group). What else exactly do they have planned?

Reknoc

Bah, back to work, no more all day FFXIV :<

fortunately it came just in time for me to be sick of Bray'. Don't even like the battlemage set, just wanted as much as possible to hopefully last me until I can get the set I do want. Unfortunately I don't really care much for Darkhold.

I never actually managed to attempt any of the new bosses thinking on it... wtb carry for mog, ultima and EXs

Sophia

I know the feeling. I'm not really liking this vibe of how this game, so far, with it's first content patch, is still so... party driven. Where's the solo content?

I'm still willing to support them and see what this game can do over the next year but like... I'm really not liking the huge emphasis on cop out content like EX fights and Hard Mode dungeons.

Where's the content for us solo players, which Yoshida said he wanted to appeal to as well? We have... a select number of treasure hunts we can do, 3 daily quests per day, at max level, starting off that you can do, PVP, party finder and duty roulette (which still requires a group). What else exactly do they have planned?

I think you're going to find that most content going forward will favor groups to some degree. While I'm all in favor of having variety and choices, too much solo content can hurt the game. That said, there's stuff like the Golden Saucer coming up, and Frontiers for PvP content. There will be more Hildibrand quests too, as well as the continuation of the main scenario.

Personally, I'm all for more hard mode dungeons. Especially if they maintain the quality level. I was disillusion by the heroic mode dungeons of WoW basically being reskins with higher number, so seeing them actually be more complex, and have new bosses/layouts is really nice.

MogCakes

My friends and I begin playing this game tomorrow proper, but I'm listening to the OST at the moment. Can I just reiterate how amazing the soundtrack is? It's incredible.

Aeana

My friends and I begin playing this game tomorrow proper, but I'm listening to the OST at the moment. Can I just reiterate how amazing the soundtrack is? It's incredible.

I like to rediscover it every now and again. I usually play with music off, but I turn it on again every once in a while and enjoy it all over again. I'd just get tired of it forever if I always had it on, though. Same with any other music.

Teknoman

I dont think i'll ever get tired of the dungeon boss, dungeon battle, fate themes, as well as the various Limsa and Ul'dah overworld themes.

The personal chocobo theme needs to have a toggle option though... The rental chocobo theme is much better, and actually sounds like something you'd hear from a Uematsu era soundtrack.

chrono01

Yeah, the OST is great.

The new music not in the OST, such as the current Ul'dah, Gridania, and Limsa Lominsa themes, as well as Titan, Beastman/Sylph daily quest areas, and new HM dungeons [Copperbell Mines/Haukke Manor] are incredible too. I just experienced the theme for HM Copperbell Mines today. I wasn't expecting another remix of "Answers", and it sounds very nice indeed.

Reknoc

I dont think i'll ever get tired of the dungeon boss, dungeon battle, fate themes, as well as the various Limsa and Ul'dah overworld themes.

The personal chocobo theme needs to have a toggle option though... The rental chocobo theme is much better, and actually sounds like something you'd hear from a Uematsu era soundtrack.

These are actually the themes I'm most tired with lol, was so happy when the CT trailer had some FFIII remixes but was so disappointed that only 1 boss has a FFIII battle theme. Basically what I'm saying is FFIII's music is awesome and more of it should be in this game.

Won't ever tire of Titan and Garuda's battle music though.

I like to rediscover it every now and again. I usually play with music off, but I turn it on again every once in a while and enjoy it all over again. I'd just get tired of it forever if I always had it on, though. Same with any other music.

That CT music, though. I feel like I'm in an epic FF3 movie or something.

I never get tired of leaving Ul'dah through the Gate of the Sultana to Western Thanalan during the day because of that music.

Voyevoda007

Neo Member
I am 47 right now and I can't find anymore quests. Need to be 49 to continue with the main story so I am lost. Is this a common problem?

Reknoc

I am 47 right now and I can't find anymore quests. Need to be 49 to continue with the main story so I am lost. Is this a common problem?

It was, back in the day Northern Thanalan would be your friend. Now you can do your dailies (beast tribe, roulette) and dungeon runs and fates (if you really want to).

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I did those too. 49-50 I should get more quest though right?.

Not really

The highest end side-quests finish around 48, maybe you'll see 1 or 2 chained to 49, but nothing like a plethora of them waiting for you to give chunks of XP

45 to 50 was the Dark Devices train which got derailed like a motherfucker by the community at large

Voyevoda007

Neo Member
Why did they do this lol? I just exploring the map right now. You get a decent exp when exploring the full map. This is retarded though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom