• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

Gotta love when you put up 10 potash for 4,999 when most are selling 5000+

To only come back and see your shit hasn't sold, but the dude who sold it for 2.5K is and there's 30+ potash @ 3.5K...

Lower your shit by a few gil, I understand, but fucking chunks, your just hurting yourself and the community at large

One particular item went from about 9000 to two gil in the course of a day. Yeah....

Teletraan1

Banned
Undercutting is absurd. I've seen 14 items I have sold get undercutted by 30-50% by other sellers. Damn guild house prices are going to crash the market. :\

That was happening day one of this game and has only gotten worse as more people have access to more items. Guild housing prices have ruined this game from the beginning and they killed my cat.

Madridy

Guys I'm having problem accessing FFXIV from my PS3 for the first time, I don't have it on PC. I bought it during the last PSN sale.

- My PSN ID is US.
- My SE account I think is EU, but I've set it in the setting as located in US.
- I've linked my PSN ID to my SE account from the website.

But I keep getting that my password and SE ID incorrect error! while I can login into my SE account normally on my PC.

Is the Nickname the SE ID I have to use when logging in the PS3?

Any Ideas guys?

aceface

You'd think we'd see a compromise where even one thing was gleamed from FFXI's success. FFXIV isn't a compromise though; it goes in the complete opposite direction at 90 mph. That direction is one that is lamented by old EQ, FFXI, DAoC, and even early WoW players; the one that turns Massive Multiplayer Online games into something that doesn't feel very massive nor very multiplayer. FFXI, for example, had world that felt massive in a way no single player open-world game could meaningful achieve and it felt multiplayer in way that was deeply engrained into the experience and you couldn't get anywhere outside the genre.

But what I want is a mostly single player story based game (that's the Final Fantasy hallmark) with occasional multiplayer content. I think more players would prefer that to the FFXI experience, which is why they went this way. I suppose time and subscriber numbers will tell. It sucks for you guys who preferred FFXI. But as I've said before that was a game that was impossible for me to play; in contrast I'm playing and enjoying the hell out of FFXIV.

Sorian

Banned
So, I still haven't beaten garuda EX (which is fine, I have the fight down to a science for myself but I don't matter in most wipes for that fight as a dps, as long as plumes and sisters are dying fast enough then I can't do much more) but I can't help but notice that a lot of people on our server (Ultros) are, well to be frank, a bunch of whiny bitches. I haven't been able to do a full GAF run so all of my attempts have either been a GAF/pug hybrid or just the random groups I see in PF and it amazes me that people will put together a group that may take almost an hour to fill and then give the boss one or two attempts then complain that "this group dies to all the same things that other groups die to" (well yeah, there are only two real mechanics that are going to kill a competent group and they both involve the spiny).

I don't know, the attitude just feels toxic and its annoying. I believe I used to read about similar things when titan HM was the wall that people were hitting but I wasn't at level cap and by the time I needed titan, he really wasn't that much of an issue. I almost feel like people join these runs hoping that its going to be a free carry and then when its not, they get mad and have no desire to learn the fight themselves or help others learn the fight. I mean sure, I'd love to just pop into a group too where the tanks can read each other's mind, the dps is top notch, and the healers throwing crits everywhere but I also understand that if that isn't the case that I should be teaching those who don't know the fight how to do it. /rant I guess, we should do Ruru EX tonight guys!

At least I was able to down Ultima HM yesterday (wasn't hard at all, I just hadn't been searching for Ultima groups much) thanks to Eden bringing me on an adventure and I got the casting ring out of it which was perfect since that was my only low level piece (ilvl 49 before >_<) and that bumped me up two ilvls to 75 so happy about that since that seemed to be a threshold for a lot of PF groups.

Finally decided to try Garuda EX, got a kill after about three runs. Doesn't seem so bad but damn does the MT eat a ton of damage in that fight.

gatti-man

Outside of mumble teaching someone a fight especially like garuda ex or titan ex is not fun or easy. Too much stuff going on.

Finally decided to try Garuda EX, got a kill after about three runs. Doesn't seem so bad but damn does the MT eat a ton of damage in that fight.

Well there is a dps check in the beginning then again on the wicked wheels. Tanks have to handle the spiny feather correctly and aggro. It takes a good two tanks competent heals and dps all in one group. That's a lot to ask for in a pug.

Sorian

Banned
Outside of mumble teaching someone a fight especially like garuda ex or titan ex is not fun or easy. Too much stuff going on.

It's really not that bad teaching someone the fight through typing* but sometimes I'll need to set them on their own, watch them wipe, and then use that to explain what they did wrong.

*I will wholeheartedly agree that I may find this easy because I used to lead raids in everquest where you had to organize 60+ people through typing. "Back in my day, we didn'thave vent!" etc.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
First Woo-Hoo Rank 3 now with the Amal'Jaa, considered Friendly by them:
K9l714j.jpg

Now a big HUGE FUCK YOU to the people who thought making a FATE that cannot be soloed at all be a daily beastmen tribe quest
0Bo32jX.jpg

You have to wait roughly 45 minutes to an hour for said FATE, "Quenching The Flames"
(The FATE spawn right next to were you go sync for Ifrit, has 3-4 adds + 1 huge boss, whose health is GODDAMN Ridiculous!)

I started the fight @14:35, by 9:00 I had it widdled down to 25%
Asked some of my Garauda Ex farming peeps to help me out, 2 came and still it took us roughly 5 more minutes to kill it
I know no one else was doing this FATE or had done it cause no one is that part of the area for the 1.5 hours I was there
(I reached there @10:30AM)

My god this is like the worst conceived quest possible, you can not possibly solo this FATE

The new quest giver is off to the side, the quest are level 48, make you go into the high level area
You can get 10K+ XP, 780gil, either 15 Philosophy or 3 Myth and 25 shards

From previous pic, you can see I won Vortex Ring of Casting
EjmlNTR.jpg

Great stats on it, might not need to get Hero's possibly

jiien

First Woo-Hoo Rank 3 now with the Amal'Jaa, considered Friendly by them:

Now a big HUGE FUCK YOU to the people who thought making a FATE that cannot be soloed at all be a daily beastmen tribe quest

You have to wait roughly 45 minutes to an hour for said FATE, "Quenching The Flames"
(The FATE spawn right next to were you go sync for Ifrit, has 3-4 adds + 1 huge boss, whose health is GODDAMN Ridiculous!)

I started the fight @14:35, by 9:00 I had it widdled down to 25%
Asked some of my Garauda Ex farming peeps to help me out, 2 came and still it took us roughly 5 more minutes to kill it
I know no one else was doing this FATE or had done it cause no one is that part of the area for the 1.5 hours I was there
(I reached there @10:30AM)

My god this is like the worst conceived quest possible, you can not possibly solo this FATE

The new quest giver is off to the side, the quest are level 48, make you go into the high level area
You can get 10K+ XP, 780gil, either 15 Philosophy or 3 Myth and 25 shards

From previous pic, you can see I won Vortex Ring of Casting
Great stats on it, might not need to get Hero's possibly

So GraveRobber, what opened up on the vendor now that you hit rank three? I think earlier speculation was minion at rank three, and mount at rank four, but I haven't heard anything conclusive yet and you're the first I know that has hit that rank.

Alucrid

Banned
So GraveRobber, what opened up on the vendor now that you hit rank three? I think earlier speculation was minion at rank three, and mount at rank four, but I haven't heard anything conclusive yet and you're the first I know that has hit that rank.

More dye.

GraveRobberX

I only saw 3 new dyes for 316 gil each...

Edit: Beaten, Damn You Alucrid

Sorian

Banned
I only saw 3 new dyes for 316 gil each...

Edit: Beaten, Damn You Alucrid

What a shit reputation system, no rewards until the final rank? Classy.

Well, whatever I'll be rank 3 with the aml'jaa tomorrow as well. I opted to get both reps to level 2 which made me lose a day in the grand scheme of things.

GraveRobberX

What a shit reputation system, no rewards until the final rank? Classy.

Well, whatever I'll be rank 3 with the aml'jaa tomorrow as well. I opted to get both reps to level 2 which made me lose a day in the grand scheme of things.

Tell me about it

Such garbage reward tiers

Most likely mount and minion will be purchasable after you rank up full

I'm so dreading the sylph ones... Ugh!

jiien

Wow, that's disappointing. More dyes for a nonexistent vanity system, in a game where pretty much all end-game gear can't be dyed.

MechaX

So, I still haven't beaten garuda EX (which is fine, I have the fight down to a science for myself but I don't matter in most wipes for that fight as a dps, as long as plumes and sisters are dying fast enough then I can't do much more) but I can't help but notice that a lot of people on our server (Ultros) are, well to be frank, a bunch of whiny bitches. I haven't been able to do a full GAF run so all of my attempts have either been a GAF/pug hybrid or just the random groups I see in PF and it amazes me that people will put together a group that may take almost an hour to fill and then give the boss one or two attempts then complain that "this group dies to all the same things that other groups die to" (well yeah, there are only two real mechanics that are going to kill a competent group and they both involve the spiny).

I don't know, the attitude just feels toxic and its annoying. I believe I used to read about similar things when titan HM was the wall that people were hitting but I wasn't at level cap and by the time I needed titan, he really wasn't that much of an issue. I almost feel like people join these runs hoping that its going to be a free carry and then when its not, they get mad and have no desire to learn the fight themselves or help others learn the fight. I mean sure, I'd love to just pop into a group too where the tanks can read each other's mind, the dps is top notch, and the healers throwing crits everywhere but I also understand that if that isn't the case that I should be teaching those who don't know the fight how to do it. /rant I guess, we should do Ruru EX tonight guys!

I have pretty much given up on PUGs for the fight at this point. Too many times where I would sit in a party for 30+ minutes and then after wiping twice or thrice, people start rage-quitting out or tanks/healers start blaming each other. I wish they made the fight that gave the party some sense of shared responsibility in the fight (at least not to the point where ranged DPS can zone out, melee DPS have it pretty rough, and tanks/heals almost solely shoulder the weight of the entire fight). Think you're on a roll? Whoops, tank got double Wicked Wheels, can't salvage the fight so go ahead and wipe. And this becomes even more exacerbated by latency issues with the spiny that some appear to be having (if I had a dollar for every time someone said "I was fucking in that!" after being one-shotted for the game not recognizing that the member was in the field...)

I'd prefer Titan EX because for one, Titan HM was really fun, and two, I can actually get immediate feedback for what I personally can do to get better at the fight given how dodge intensive it is. Here, it's just "I'm literally DPSing as fast as I can and the group is meeting all the checks, but we keep wiping because tank gets killed and the sisters wreck us before we can even attempt to salvage the attempt/we lose three people to the spiny field phase."

Sorian

Banned
I have pretty much given up on PUGs for the fight at this point. Too many times where I would sit in a party for 30+ minutes and then after wiping twice or thrice, people start rage-quitting out or tanks/healers start blaming each other. I wish they made the fight that gave the party some sense of shared responsibility in the fight (at least not to the point where ranged DPS can zone out, melee DPS have it pretty rough, and tanks/heals almost solely shoulder the weight of the entire fight). Think you're on a roll? Whoops, tank got double Wicked Wheels, can't salvage the fight so go ahead and wipe. And this becomes even more exacerbated by latency issues with the spiny that some appear to be having (if I had a dollar for every time someone said "I was fucking in that!" after being one-shotted for the game not recognizing that the member was in the field...)

I'd prefer Titan EX because for one, Titan HM was really fun, and two, I can actually get immediate feedback for what I personally can do to get better at the fight given how dodge intensive it is. Here, it's just "I'm literally DPSing as fast as I can and the group is meeting all the checks, but we keep wiping because tank gets killed and the sisters wreck us before we can even attempt to salvage the attempt/we lose three people to the spiny field phase."

Melee dps can space out too if people do the fight the correct way, it's just most people like to whine about splitting dps and that ends up putting the melees in danger for no reason. (Melee should be burning down the OT's sister while ranged burn the MT sister, ranged will probably finish first then the OT sister is probably low enough where the ranged looking at her will kill her, gets rid of loss of dps because of melee having to stop and move away from WW and less time for melee having to scamper through tornadoes). As far as the bolded, I call bullshit. People don't seem to realize that there is a buff placed on you that mitigates the shriek damage and that buff doesn't appear on your bar until you've been in the bubble for half a tick or so, it could be latency but it is usually people thinking they can leisurely stroll over into the bubble as her cast finishes and then claim foul when they get knocked for the big numbers.

My real question is why sometimes shriek will do 100 damage and other times it'll do 2k (both happen with buff up) it's never enough to kill me topped off but one is certainly nothing while the other is me being dead if the healers chose another priority.

The rest, I do agree with, I know a lot of my personal frustration is doing everything fine and then watching something stupid happen or a tank or healer slip just once. My favorite was when I was dpsing ruru and the OT had the spiny and decided to dps it down from 40% for no reason (all ranged dps pointing towards boss and he was over by other sister spot so I know none of us hit it) and then when we were figuring out what went wrong, he went out of his way to blame me for not checking my target before casting, I laughed.

creid

Should be less of a problem once there's more than one person on the server with that quest available, though :p

gatti-man

Even if it is lag it isn't lag. If you find yourself saying lag more than once it's not lag. Lag excuse is so tired. There is a gap in time where you can get hit and still run in the bubble before you actually die. It's just people screwing up and making excuses 99.9% of the time.

Sorian

Banned
Should be less of a problem once there's more than one person on the server with that quest available, though :p

If everyone had the same dailies everyday, maybe, but as it is everyone gets different stuff to do so there may not be that concentrated effort on the FATE.

Ploid 3.0

My 25 PUG has more Coil gear than my SCH at this point. I'm pretty sure we've gotten more DRG/MNK stuff than everything else combined.

The beauty of leveling multiple jobs. When things fall to the floor you get to pick it up. Scavenger, nothing goes to waste.

BadRNG

And this becomes even more exacerbated by latency issues with the spiny that some appear to be having (if I had a dollar for every time someone said "I was fucking in that!" after being one-shotted for the game not recognizing that the member was in the field...)

This is likely not latency. The safe zone from spiny performs almost identically to a SCH's Sacred Soil, where you have to stay within the boundaries for .05-1second or so before you actually receive the buff. People either need to kill the spiny faster after she vanishes or they need to get in that thing the second it pops. It's not something you can try to jump in last second.

I don't really get why you'd prefer Titan EX though, it's far more punishing than Garuda and it's not just a tank or healer that will lead to a wipe. Even a single DPS death can make things drastically harder post-heart. Garuda is so easy to me in comparison, and I've only ever done it as MT. We even do it the hard/stupid way by having Chirada tanked with Garuda(just how we learned it, sort of habit now, should probably change).

My only issue with Garuda now is when Spiny gets on someone too far away and my stupid controller won't let me target it to provoke. Literally only time I've ever had problems playing on controller.

My real question is why sometimes shriek will do 100 damage and other times it'll do 2k (both happen with buff up) it's never enough to kill me topped off but one is certainly nothing while the other is me being dead if the healers chose another priority.
You probably had the spiny on you before shriek. IIRC the debuff that leads to super cyclone also increases wind damage taken.

Sorian

Banned
You probably had the spiny on you before shriek. IIRC the debuff that leads to super cyclone also increases wind damage taken.

Someone offered this as a solution in a group I was in but it definitely was not this. The spiny has never touched me in any of the groups I've been in, I don't even know what the debuff looks like.

gatti-man

Three weeks in a row and I saw that damn healing belt in T4 all three times!

Been running coil for almost 2 months and we've seen 2 healer drops total but at least 14 drg/monk drops. I have a damn monk choker but only boots on my main blm. The tables suck.

chrono01

Everyone who has managed to beat Titan EX can feel good that they've managed to do something that the only group in the FC to beat Twin hasn't. (._. )
Don't give up! If you guys can defeat Twintania, there's no reason you can't do the same for EX Titan. I am confident...no, positive, that you will be successful!

Congratulations to the first all GAF group to down Titan EM! \(^_^)/
Congratulations to us all! \(^_^)/

why you do that.

The first time I passed it was because I had got the Allaghan body piece a week before and didn't feel right taking two pieces before the other healer got something, the second time was just a nice gesture of saying welcome to the group since we had just picked up a new healer to replace the healer that I passed to the first time.

kierwynn

Three weeks in a row and I saw that damn healing belt in T4 all three times!

We've never seen that belt before until you got there. I think it may be you and not coil's loot table... :p

Also, why are we Maple and Strawberry's group?! I prefer Team u wot m8 (and thank you, Qhon, and Mu pod for helping <3)

The beauty of leveling multiple jobs. When things fall to the floor you get to pick it up. Scavenger, nothing goes to waste.

Too bad that doesn't work in Crystal Tower.

And no one should be forced to level a job they don't want to level just because the shitty loot tables are shit and drop shit that nobody fucking wants.

For our Coil group, the loot has been basically 75 percent caster loot, some DRG loot, a couple BRD stuff, 1 tank and 1 healing piece. Obviously the SMN (me) and the BLM (Myra) are quite satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom