• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone playing this game on the pc with the DS4. It randomly disconnect when I'm playing and I have to log out the game reconnect it in order to get it to work again. Is anyone else having this problem.

kierwynn

Tremor earrings have roses and they are amazing and everyone needs a pair.

Also, some people need to wake up so we can do Ifrit! I wanna beat him before reset tomorrow.

Noi

When people price things on the market lower than what you'd get for selling it at an NPC, I just want to break something (or someone).

Zomba13

Ux1SAhp.gif

That is glorious. I wanna be a DRG now. I wanna dance like that.

MechaX

Not really, grats to them though but still no kill for me and maybe I'm the problem (I'm not).

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where I'm like "I think I'm going to level up PLD so I can learn how to tank Garuda to see what's going on from their perspective."

Hell, might even be a fun experience (although, I already leveled SMN like, a lot, as an alt).

gatti-man

Yeah, it's gotten to the point where I'm like "I think I'm going to level up PLD so I can learn how to tank Garuda to see what's going on from their perspective."

Hell, might even be a fun experience (although, I already leveled SMN like, a lot, as an alt).

Warrior is much more fun to lvl imo. Hated getting pld to lvl 22 for provoke.

It's not a hard fight for tanks. Wicked wheel is a dps check. Most tanks can't stand up to two wicked wheels. The dps needs to kill the first sister quick. All tanks have to do is watch the spiny stacks and manage cool downs.

Ferr986

Outdated. The new changes from 2.1 has made things a lot simpler. Fracture is now worthless and a loss of dps to use at any time with the higher potency of several of our moves.

Heavy Thrust > Impulse Drive > Disembowel > Chaos Thrust > Phlebotomize > True Thrust > Vorpal Thrust > Full Thrust > Heavy Thrust > True Thrust > Vorpal Thrust > Full Thrust

Or to put it simply ;
H > IDC > P > TTT > H > TTT
P > IDC > H > TTT > H > TTT

This is currently the highest dps combo for sustained dps on large targets, the Chaos Thrust combo, then 2 of the Full Thrust Combos with alternating Heavy or Phleb between them. Comes out so that for the first Chaos Thrust combo has Heavy before it and the next has Phleb and so on. I of course am leaving out instant skill usage. You will want to weave them between hits and start after the first Heavy for maximum up time. You start off with the self buffs like Internal Release after Heavy and Blood for Blood after Impulse Drive, and then move onto the attacking cooldowns like Leg Sweep/Power Surge/Jump. Still be mindful of when to use Jumps since it still has an animation lock even if smaller. Spineshatter and Dragonfire are used as movement skills primarily and can be worked into spots you decide you need an extra hit or aoe move in fights where you don't believe you will need to quickly advance to targets.

Can also just go with the simple combo from before 2.1 as well of;

HP > IDC > TTT
HP > TTT > TTT

Over and over. Really easy to remember and work out instant skill usage since because of timings you will always be able to use certain instant skills after certain parts of combos, like Leg sweeps cooldown makes it s oyou can always use it after the first True Thrust of the first line and the second True Thrust of the second line. Same with Jump being able to come after every like Chaos Thrust with Power Surge after every other Disembowel iirc.

This is more or less what I use (I tend to use phel after HT, with a Leg sweep in between while in cooldown). I also use life Surge before Full Thrust (especially if Im in Blood for Blood effect) for max damage.
At first it was somewhat cumbersome but when you get the hang of it you can even mix the rotation with skills in between combos to get the most of your damage (like reading Power Sugre in between a combo), and also for me it makes playing DRG more fun.

MechaX

Warrior is much more fun to lvl imo. Hated getting pld to lvl 22 for provoke.

It's not a hard fight for tanks. Wicked wheel is a dps check. Most tanks can't stand up to two wicked wheels. The dps needs to kill the first sister quick. All tanks have to do is watch the spiny stacks and manage cool downs.

I dunno if I'll level both; I mostly want to level PLD for the more simple playstyle and the looks. I only have a lvl 9 GLD, so it's pretty tough to discern how the class will play out. But on the other hand, getting WAR does not really involve leveling another magic class. Either way, it should give a different perspective in how a lot of these encounters work.

Last night's runs went fairly smooth on the DPS side of things. There were just some strange hiccups that proved to be very detrimental, like sisters gunning straight towards the healer, OT/MT not managing the spiny stacks fast enough leading to an explosion, and when the one ultra-geared bard had a recurring problem where he attracted aggro for the OT's sister as soon as she spawned for like two of the attempts. I don't know if he attacked too early, if the tank was slower in getting aggro those attempts, or whatever (although, in the panic, the OT tanked it to the spoke where the healers/ranged DPS where, which was not good).

I'd imagine that a big part of the fight is downing the sisters fast and Wicked Wheel problems seem to be dropping as PUGs get more adjusted to the fight. Now it's just a matter of going beyond "hey, why didn't you peel spiny from me?" "dunno sorry" kinds of moments.

Whats the best rotation for a monk?

Well, there kind of isn't one. It's more like a flowchart:

- Do you have Demolish, Dragon Kick debuff and Touch of Death applied on the enemy? If not, apply them.
- Do you have Twin Snakes buff applied? If not, use it.

If you meet these requirements, then it'll be Bootshine, True Strike, Snap Punch. If Dragon Kick debuff to expire (what you want) or is not on (you don't want this to happen ideally), use Dragon Kick instead of Bootshine. Same deal with Twin Snakes.

When Demolish is applied, use Snap Punch. On Demolish you do actually want it to completely tick down until it's gone for maximum damage, same with Touch of Death.

How I usually do things (and this may vary depending on situation and your Skill Speed) when I'm not popping Perfect Balance to get to Greased Lightning III ASAP is:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Touch of Death upon run-in. If the enemy is gonna die before 30 seconds are up (like trash mobs), don't bother.

- Dragon Kick/Bootshine (either one), Twin Snakes, Demolish/Snap Punch (if it's a trash mob use Snap Punch). GL Lv.1.

- Dragon Kick (it will now apply the debuff so its important), True Strike, Snap Punch. GL Lv. 2.

- Bootshine (now does critical damage from back and has Dragon Kick debuff from the last cycle of attacks), Twin Snakes (to reapply the buff before it runs out), Snap Punch. GL Lv. 3.

- From GL Lv.3, I normally do Dragon Kick, Twin Snakes, Snap Punch. Then, Bootshine, True Strike, Snap Punch. Repeat until dead, applying DoTs as necessary.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, you'll notice that getting to GL Lv. 3 I was shifting between back and flank on each hit. If you want to make things easy once you're at GL Lv.1 or higher you can do one extra cycle of Dragon Kick -> Twin Snakes then either Snap Punch or Demolish depending on if you need it. The reason to do this is it makes it where your next cycle will be two back hits (Bootshine then True Strike) before going to the side for Snap Punch, and the cycle afterward will be two flank hits (Dragon Kick then Twin Snakes) then Snap Punch. Less moving positions, it'll always be flank, flank, flank or back, back, flank.

When I do use Perfect Balance at the start of the fight it goes like this:

- Dragon Kick/Bootshine (either one), Twin Snakes, Snap Punch. GL Lv.1.

- Use Blood for Blood, Internal Release, Perfect Balance. If you don't want to blow your damage cooldowns here you can save them.

- Snap Punch (GL Lv. 2), Snap Punch (GL Lv.3), Demolish, Touch of Death. Perfect Balance is usually close to done by now, so you can throw in a True Strike (more damage)/Snap Punch (if you want to keep the GL bar at 12 seconds).

- From here, as above I normally do Dragon Kick, Twin Snakes, Snap Punch. Then, Bootshine, True Strike, Snap Punch. Repeat until dead, applying DoTs as necessary.

Ultrabum

Well, there kind of isn't one. It's more like a flowchart:

Good advice

Also make sure to keep fracture up, it is very good. Also note that dots do dmg their entire duration based on buffs when you apply them, so I save internal release and blood for blood and then to dragon kick, twin snakes, demolish, fracture, touch of death.

Ixian

I'd imagine that a big part of the fight is downing the sisters fast and Wicked Wheel problems seem to be dropping as PUGs get more adjusted to the fight. Now it's just a matter of going beyond "hey, why didn't you peel spiny from me?" "dunno sorry" kinds of moments.
Stuff like this is rargh. Joined a Garuda Extreme farm party, and we didn't even get a single kill in before time out because of one dumb mistake or another each time. Sad times.

Sorian

Banned
Are level 45-50 normal quests worth completing at 50 (wasted exp?), or should I skip them for other jobs later on ?

The more quests you can keep around, the more exp you can give to the job you will almost certainly level up later :p (Don't do quests at level 50 unless you really want the reward and you have no other classes that could benefit from it).

Teknoman

Just a passing though, but I could see Blue Mage or Shepard / Beast tamer job being introduced via a series of beast tribe quests.

anyone else disliking the tier 2 daily quests? all that back and forth is a longer timesink than mosts quests in this game. let us accept all 3 quests at once.

kierwynn

So basically sacrifice my kitty soul to the throne of SE...not a chance in hell!

There is a similarish purple one you can get by getting everything to 30, but it's literally everything. (battle classes, crafts, and gathering) Xarielle has it and it's nice. I'll probably go for that after I finish paragon crown cause purple.

There is a similarish purple one you can get by getting everything to 30, but it's literally everything. (battle classes, crafts, and gathering) Xarielle has it and it's nice. I'll probably go for that after I finish paragon crown cause purple.

I think I'd hate life if I tried that...well I'm sure it's doable but it'd take a while...a long while. Though the crown does look nice.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Anyone else having any issues with the game completely crashing on them straight to desktop. I've been playing fine all day long, I head out to the Shroud and it crashes. I shrug and restart and it has continues to crash, without fail, upon the "Now Loading" screen after log in.

I have changed nothing on my system. New driver updates since November, no USB devices are plugged in and no security software issues. It just simply crashes. I've tried every single type of graphics setting and it continue to crash. Literally all day playing today without a hitch and now that I can play with my girlfriend, it crashes without fail.

This is quite shitty. >=(

Noi

First time attempt at Ifrit HM: One shot.

First time attempt at Garuda HM: Four Tries.

Me and my FC's shouts on skype the first time we got past Titan HM's heart phase: Priceless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom