• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taruranto

zopWCu7.jpg

Yay, we are done here.

K.Sabot

There are so many troll tanks in Duty Roulette it's disgusting.

Had a warrior with 4.5k hp wearing a mixture of AF, DL, and a i40 white chest in Copperbell Hard. Asked him if he had his AF1 chest and he said "yes and no". Easiest withdraw of my life.

This is actually the second time this has happened to me too.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
There are so many troll tanks in Duty Roulette it's disgusting.

Had a warrior with 4.5k hp wearing a mixture of AF, DL, and a i40 white chest in Copperbell Hard. Asked him if he had his AF1 chest and he said "yes and no". Easiest withdraw of my life.

This is actually the second time this has happened to me too.

I'm leveling DRG and the tanks that are coming up, HOLY FUCKING SHIT! are they terri-bad

I had to teach the WAR to use Overpower to wrangle the mobs, he would cast Flash like 10 yalms away from the mobs thinking it would reach, I told him to rush in then Flash, those little icons in enemy list will start glowing red, he goes whats that?, I'm like threat level, he goes what's that?

In the end of Tam-Tara I was tanking the last boss, fool couldn't for the life of him understand the class, hate, and how it works
Me and the SCH told him, yet he kept doing his thing, in the end I left with 3 accommodations as a DRG, felt weird getting all 3 lol, gave mine to the SCH, they worked there ass off healing themselves, cause tank didn't give a shit if adds just ran away from him to the healer

orion434

Trying to level a Gladiator, been playing a Bard since Early Access. I did one Tam Tara and I was utterly horrible! I was yelling at myself! It was no help that I didn't have Shield Lob, and I'm playing on the PS3, I had a really difficult time targeting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm a noob to Tanks... and on PS3, no SSD drive.

Tash

Trying to level a Gladiator, been playing a Bard since Early Access. I did one Tam Tara and I was utterly horrible! I was yelling at myself! It was no help that I didn't have Shield Lob, and I'm playing on the PS3, I had a really difficult time targeting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm a noob to Tanks... and on PS3, no SSD drive.

I quite honestly don't get how anyone can play on a controller. Totally in awe of the ones who can.

aceface

To cycle through enemies, while holding down R2 or L2 press R1 or L1. Easiest way to target enemies for me on the controller.

Rhaxas

Would the best way to complete the Odin FATE, just be to wait for the server resets? My friend who is paladin really wants his armor and weapon.

Sophia

Firstly, set your abilities up so that you can access everything with one shoulder button. I put everything essential (Shield Lob, Flash, Provoke, my Combos) on R2. Secondly, when you have a bar active, use R1/L1 to switch targets.

I quite honestly don't get how anyone can play on a controller. Totally in awe of the ones who can.

Tanking on a controller is easy once you get the hang of it. I play better on controller than most players do with years of experience on KB/M, and controller beats non-macroed healing every time in terms of speed.

Sophia

no lol, you just need the right mouse. (with my g600 I have 12*3 instant accessible action slots with 1 hand)

plus sacred soil/pet is a bitch to position with the controller

Not all of us sadly have $70+ to blow on a mouse. :p

Mouseover macros and clickcasting beat anything in terms of speed tho.

Hey guys, can an individual buy a house? I don't need to be an FC leader to buy a house, right? Also, will the prices of houses go down? I'm on a Legacy server, so I'm not sure what pricing is like on other servers.

Hey guys, can an individual buy a house? I don't need to be an FC leader to buy a house, right? Also, will the prices of houses go down? I'm on a Legacy server, so I'm not sure what pricing is like on other servers.

Personal housing is not available right now. They say it is coming in the future and will be far more affordable than FC housing.

The prices are coming down gradually over time as property goes unpurchased and they have said that they'll be making pricing adjustments periodically as they monitor the sales of land.

Ploid 3.0

You could have just deleted your character?

Dropping items is better especially if there are good items in there that people are trying to get themselves, also you may be tempted to recover the character if it still has the items on it.

And the question of what lead to this is more interesting. I'd like the story, I recently saw someone drop items in a game (forgot which) live on twitch, and people were going nuts. Some wanted him to salvage the items for research to see what you can get from it.

Personal housing is not available right now. They say it is coming in the future and will be far more affordable than FC housing.

The prices are coming down gradually over time as property goes unpurchased and they have said that they'll be making pricing adjustments periodically as they monitor the sales of land.

Whew, thanks! I was about to make a huge mistake.

NeOak

I'm waiting for this and in game marriage.

BTW I finally got my PLD to 50. Being a fresh 50, what is the best course of action to gear. Got the AF armor, and I was told the roulette for the pieces. I can dedicate probably around 2 hours a day after work.

I'm not in Ultros though.

Wilsongt

Nice. Reset. I am going to try for healing body in CT this week. I've been leveling up WHM and using SCH more, so that'll take care of having to get that awful DL cowl.

I should also have my first Zenith relic this week. Yay.

Kenai

I'm waiting for this and in game marriage.

You and me both. Good times will be had. We might be waiting quite a while though on the second part.

BTW I finally got my PLD to 50. Being a fresh 50, what is the best course of action to gear. Got the AF armor, and I was told the roulette for the pieces. I can dedicate probably around 2 hours a day after work.

I'm not in Ultros though.

Roulette can get you AK gear while you work on your Relic Weapon and DL. CT and Beastman dailies and such gives tomes too. After you finish Relic and have the majority of your slots filled in with gear from the aforementioned you can find a Coil static maybe or DF HM Ultima/Extreme Primals while you continue capping myth tomes.

This is probably going to be a rather slow process fyi. A lot of the fights take learning and some of the fights (especially HM/Extreme Primals) can be quite unforgiving until you get the fight memorized. Thankfully there's almost always something worth doing every day, and you can queue in DF while doing some of those other things so it's hard to "waste" a night if you wipe a lot in a tough/unsuccessful DF.

studyguy

That OT is pretty irrelevant now that I read it.

Only thing I really want anymore is the Allagan PLD blade.
I suppose the helm too, but now I'm sort of satisfied to dick around and take it real casual. Praying to the RNG gods every week is fine, but I really just enjoy poking around doing whatever now.

creid

I'm leveling DRG and the tanks that are coming up, HOLY FUCKING SHIT! are they terri-bad
I had to teach a level 20-something GLD how to tank, why he should use Flash and Provoke instead of just auto-attacking, and why he should be keeping mobs away from the other party members - in French. Thank god for Google Translate.

Reknoc

Going for my top this week. Working my way up, first I got my bard booties then my pantaloons and after my top I'll get my hat and then gloves. Not wasting my rolls on the belt since it doesn't even show.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I had to teach a level 20-something GLD how to tank, why he should use Flash and Provoke instead of just auto-attacking, and why he should be keeping mobs away from the other party members - in French. Thank god for Google Translate.

That is a shitload of work. A lot more work than hitting the leave button.

Hopefully you got commendations out of it.

It can be tough when you're playing a job where you have a million skills, many of which have a use at one time or another...*coughSMN/SCHcough* but once you get used to it, you can do just fine.

Wilsongt

It can be tough when you're playing a job where you have a million skills, many of which have a use at one time or another...*coughSMN/SCHcough* but once you get used to it, you can do just fine.

I don't know if it's because I have small hands or what, but I find using the controller very uncomfortable... Especially when having to hit L1/R1 and a button at the same time...

I mean, I can only use 1 - 4 on the keypad and I have to use the mouse for skills above 5 on my hotbar for the keyboard. =/

chrono01

BOOKEY KAG WHY YOU GUYS LEAVE

that df won ifrit ;_;

bangles of fending though so meh

irizhLfyRvohY.jpg
How do you get such good luck with DF? Whenever I try they always fall apart. ;_;

Oh well, I will [hopefully] get my EX Ifrit kill this week. We were really close last night. I'm confident another attempt or two with everyone refreshed and such [it was late, after all] and we'll have it.

Ploid 3.0

On SMN and SCH it's not difficult to access all ability and more. There are multiple rows of the cross bar macro sets. I have it so every Summoner summon1-3 user macro would then copy that summon's cross bar to my cross bar #2 so if it's a summon that I need to control I can simply L1+R1 then bam (I moved cross bar button from L2/R2 to L1/R1. Darn triggers).

There are a ton of useful macro tricks also. Contagion is on my fester macro so if I have garuda out on obey she will contagion on fester which is most likely used first when I have just put up a lot of fresh dots. I don't even have much of a problem with placing my pets or the ground effect abilities.

Controller is just so comfortable for this action, twitch based game. A controller mod was made for Guild Wars 2 and gaf GW2 guild loves it, especially since it has a platformy focus on exploration. It's perfect, it feels clunky in it's implementation but if Arenanet did it themselves like SE did here it would be so good.

Edit: Saw the quote of the quote, that it seem to be about targeting. Just do the controller tab left or right targeting until you get the one you want. If it's on the aggro list there's something you can do too but I'm not in the game and don't remember it off the top. It's not as good as point and click but it's still fast.

How do you get such good luck with DF? Whenever I try they always fall apart. ;_;

Oh well, I will [hopefully] get my EX Ifrit kill this week. We were really close last night. I'm confident another attempt or two with everyone refreshed and such [it was late, after all] and we'll have it.

Yea, I'm just gonna play monk for Ifrit this week with you guys cause I'm bad and can't do it. :)

chrono01

Yea, I'm just gonna play monk for Ifrit this week with you guys cause I'm bad and can't do it. :)
Never! We must win with our current classes, no changing needed. It will be so much more rewarding that way!

[By the way, no one in our group last night was "bad", it's a difficult encounter, especially on the healers. To err is human, and all that. We definitely know what to do, we just need to execute it. Which we will!]

Got my primal weapon for the week already @_@. Not sure what I want to get next though.
Wow, you don't waste any time, do you? [I am envious]

Congrats!

MechaX

Man, what parties are you guys using for your EX Primal wins?

Today's attempt with Party Finder was met with the vintage "dis group, dis dps, dis tank's gear nope, quit" like I'm back in the early days of pre-patch Prae/CM/AK Duty Finder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom