• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

jWWFIHnlsnm07.png

I'LL BE RICH.

Wilsongt

Wow Party Finder looks great. I only realized how awesome it was when I saw the fate parties. Now I'm interested.

Too bad its execution is pretty bad.

Most of the parties essentially go: "Only apply if you have experienced. Must have beaten several times. Must know fight. Don't suck. If you die, you'll get booted. Don't lag. Must know how to dodge" and so forth and so on.

I should set up some learning parties in the finder, because I need to learn fights like Ultima and all. Sitting in duty finder will essentially give me the same sort of people at the PF.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah setting up a experience party sounds like the way to go, might even get cool people in it since they probably aren't stuck up about having only the best. Who knows maybe the people that make those kinds of party finder requirements are the ones that want to be carried.

I made fun of one of those requirement shouts for a T#. I was a leader of a Fate party.

/shout Fate party looking for members. Must be experienced, item level 30+, and no class only jobs.

Sorian

Banned
I joined a turn 1 last night though pf for people wanting to learn, we didn't end up downing the snake but I certainly learned the fight.

Kronotech

Trying to level a Gladiator, been playing a Bard since Early Access. I did one Tam Tara and I was utterly horrible! I was yelling at myself! It was no help that I didn't have Shield Lob, and I'm playing on the PS3, I had a really difficult time targeting. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) I'm a noob to Tanks... and on PS3, no SSD drive.

Another option for targeting is to customize your config. You can make it so that you will only target enemies when your weapon is drawn. Then you can just use left and right on the D-pad without trouble.

Wilsongt

I joined a turn 1 last night though pf for people wanting to learn, we didn't end up downing the snake but I certainly learned the fight.

I am one of those people who certainly learn by doing and experiencing the fight and mechanics more than just watching some Youtube videos and memorizing things.

I watched the Ifrit HM video before I did it, but I screwed up the first couple of times. It wasn't until I actually experienced the fight myself and ran through it a few times that I actually learned it.

I know I am on a Legacy server with some pretty hardcore people, but there are still those of us who would like to learn and not be surrounded by dickheads in the process.

Noi

Another option for targeting is to customize your config. You can make it so that you will only target enemies when your weapon is drawn. Then you can just use left and right on the D-pad without trouble.

This is what I do, but I like to swap between Tank and Healer so it kinda sucks to have to "sheathe" my weapon every time I want to heal/raise someone not in my party, haha.

Sorian

Banned
I am one of those people who certainly learn by doing and experiencing the fight and mechanics more than just watching some Youtube videos and memorizing things.

I watched the Ifrit HM video before I did it, but I screwed up the first couple of times. It wasn't until I actually experienced the fight myself and ran through it a few times that I actually learned it.

I know I am on a Legacy server with some pretty hardcore people, but there are still those of us who would like to learn and not be surrounded by dickheads in the process.

More often that not, that's what guilds are for. It's ok for strangers to try to make things as easy as possible on themselves because the odds are already super stacked against them.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I burned 300K gil on Materia slotting all my accessory pieces for crafting

That hit made me go Harvester mode to recoup my gil, I think I went OVERKILL with harvesting Button Mushrooms...

47 NQ, 7.5 HQ:
4Xja1ZZ.jpg

oUdcN1N.jpg

oCjcvgE.jpg

Going Rate:
Z5eHIY1.jpg

My retainer stuff that needs to sell before I can put up these shrooms... LOL:
FHcQm0x.jpg

Also hit 50 GSM:
D9ekjRn.jpg

Most of the parties essentially go: "Only apply if you have experienced. Must have beaten several times. Must know fight. Don't suck. If you die, you'll get booted. Don't lag. Must know how to dodge" and so forth and so on.

I should set up some learning parties in the finder, because I need to learn fights like Ultima and all. Sitting in duty finder will essentially give me the same sort of people at the PF.

So far in my experience more often then not the ones making those comments that start the party are the worse ones in the party lol.
I went into titan ex with this one guy whom has beaten it but damn I don't know how he even did it because he was dying to everything. He was raised like 3 times. At least he didnt fall off but damn.

Went into another PT where a tank that joined was talking all sorts of shit about people sucking. It was mainly a FC run and the pt leader told him an FC tank is going to join but he can go as a DPS. Dude is solid as a tank but when he had to actually dodge shit as a DPS he died multiple times.

So funny. I'm not a dick when I'm with people that don't know a fight I give them suggestions. Hell I will even run out the clock completely in a dungeon and if it fails then I leave. I just don't understand the mentality of the people that play this game and rage the way they do.

I have told people many times that started to rage
"I feel bad for you man, your life must be awful and this must be all you have if you get this worked up over a video game" They usually tell me to fuck off then leave but w/e

Ploid 3.0

I burned 300K gil on Materia slotting all my accessory pieces for crafting

That hit made me go Harvester mode to recoup my gil, I think I went OVERKILL with harvesting Button Mushrooms...

47 NQ, 7.5 HQ:
MG]
http://i.imgur.com/oCjcvgE.jpIMG]
Going Rate:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/oCjcvgE.jpIMG]
[/QUOTE]

Going rate pic is the same as the picture before it. Nice farm, I tried botanist yesterday and liked it quite a bit.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Going rate pic is the same as the picture before it. Nice farm, I tried botanist yesterday and liked it quite a bit.

Thanks I fixed it, must haven't copied the right link, now all fixed

Provision: @127/200 until I get Tipping Scale Ring
5bbth0a.jpg

End result:
0BWvER0.jpg

Most of the crafting classes from last post that you see were purely leveled off just turning in things, only tried weaver/leather for 2 levels, that's why they are a little ahead

Cost me roughly 2,000-5,000 gil a day to trade HQ+NQ version, HQ pays out more XP and Seals

Hi Yurico, I told you I was farming a fuck-ton of 'shrooms lol

Alucrid

Banned
500,000 seals isn't that much. I have 326k in one GC and 219k in another and stopped turning in armor/turn ins/fates, so it wasn't terrible difficult to hit that number.

WolvenOne

To all those that have had the unfortunate trial of running with me these past few weeks.

As some of you likely already know, my once rock solid connection has been acting horribly as of late. To fix this, I replaced the modem, had the Cable line re-ran, swapped the router, updated drivers, and even signed up to Ping Zapper. Unfortunately all of this has only merely upgraded me from, constant disconnects, to frequent lagspikes.

Well, I've finally found the culprit. Because of where the cable line must come in, and the layout of my house, I've used a a Powerline/Ethernet adapter for years. Over that time, I've done numerous speed tests, and have consistently had a very low ping, and a fast connection.

Last night, I tested the same connection, over the same hardware, and got a .8MBps download, and a 150ms Ping. Wireless in the same room, *via a cheap crappy laptop,* got me 8.5MBPS and 80ms Ping, using the same laptop right next to my router for me 43MBps, and 70ms Ping.

So, to get me by, I've ordered a large High Gain WiFi adapter. If that doesn't work I'll empty out my storage room (closer to the router) and set up shop there. If THAT doesn't work, I'll blasted pay a contractor to wire up every room with proper T10/100/1000 outlets!

So, long story short, the problem should be solved soon. Hardware that I've relied upon for years has abruptly failed me for no discernible reason. So now that I know the culprit, I can figure out a work-around, one way or the other.

MechaX

For what it's worth, I don't think I have ever been in a PF "farm/speed run/ilvl 200 required lol/etc" group that did not end in a spectacular failure. In dungeons, I've had better experiences with DF groups, and in primals/other instances, I've had better experiences with FC groups or DF groups.

It's not so much the execution that is bad, but more so some of the community within it.

WolvenOne

For what it's worth, I don't think I have ever been in a PF "farm/speed run/ilvl 200 required lol/etc" group that did not end in a spectacular failure. In dungeons, I've had better experiences with DF groups, and in primals/other instances, I've had better experiences with FC groups or DF groups.

It's not so much the execution that is bad, but more so some of the community within it.

Well, it's the mindset, you know. Groups that fixate that heavily on equipment, and have so little patience for set-backs, probably don't place as high a value on practice, communication, and basic team synergy as they should.

That said. If you're barely above the ilvl cap, and you want to try something like, Garuda Ex. You're probably better off to go with a group of players you trust, who are okay with just teaching you the mechanics. The leet-gear groups may have the wrong attitude, but you'll probably still get more out of the fight running with the later group, than the former.

yaffi

I think I might've had enough of the game. Just now I targeted a Tonberry Slasher by accident. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

SRTtoZ

Just resubbed to check out the new changes with 2.1. I am a 50 BLM with relic and DL gear, thinking about trying some healing, whats the current status of WHM and SCH? WoW comparisons would be nice...

Soroc

Well, it's the mindset, you know. Groups that fixate that heavily on equipment, and have so little patience for set-backs, probably don't place as high a value on practice, communication, and basic team synergy as they should.

That said. If you're barely above the ilvl cap, and you want to try something like, Garuda Ex. You're probably better off to go with a group of players you trust, who are okay with just teaching you the mechanics. The leet-gear groups may have the wrong attitude, but you'll probably still get more out of the fight running with the later group, than the former.

I've had to whisper PF leaders to have them reduce the ilvl so I could join the party on several occasions. Some people just don't have any idea what is actually required. Experienced/communicative players will trump a static ilvl anyday!

Just resubbed to check out the new changes with 2.1. I am a 50 BLM with relic and DL gear, thinking about trying some healing, whats the current status of WHM and SCH? WoW comparisons would be nice...

WHM is all I play and I love it. Its like a Holy priest from WOW circa vanilla/BC. Big powerful single target heals, good "oh shit" skills, nice hot, good mana regen/aggro dropping ability.

SCH - I have little experience with this class, only to 15 but they seem to be like Disc priests in WOW where they shield a lot and have rly good party based healing.

Alucrid

Banned
I've had to whisper PF leaders to have them reduce the ilvl so I could join the party on several occasions. Some people just don't have any idea what is actually required. Experienced/communicative players will trump a static ilvl anyday!

WHM is all I play and I love it. Its like a Holy priest from WOW circa vanilla/BC. Big powerful single target heals, good "oh shit" skills, nice hot, good mana regen/aggro dropping ability.

SCH - I have little experience with this class, only to 15 but they seem to be like Disc priests in WOW where they shield a lot and have rly good party based healing.
they have terrible aoe heals comapred to whm

Aeana

WHM has much better party healing than SCH. But the disc priest comparison is apt otherwise.

Shouta

tbh, SCH could use a few buffs to its healing. Succor in particular needs a slight potency buff because SCH/SCH combinations are ridiculously hard to use in fights with a lot of AOE damage and worse if it's really rapid. Doesn't need to be enough to challenge WHM AOE heals but something to alleviate that it a bit more than it is currently.

frequency

I prefer a separate Power Word: Shield than having the shield tied to your big mana cost heal, which forces some dumb timing of holding off healing until the shield is broken so you don't waste it when you Adloquium again.

And I just hate Succor.

Aeana

Succor is great, you just can't treat it like medica. You need to cast it before big damage is coming, not after. Just a different mindset for healing than WHM.

frequency

I guess I just don't know how to use it properly.

But it always seems like something is wasted. I can cast it when I know group damage is coming but then the heal is wasted if no one is hurt. And the shield is not very big because the heal itself is small. So if everyone takes damage (though mitigated by the shield), I'll need to Succor again anyway to heal up. Then the shield from the second Succor is wasted unless more group damage comes in. In the end, something ends up being wasted.

But I'm also a terrible player so maybe I just don't get it.
I know I can heal forever so whatever at a bit of wasted healing but it makes me feel bad in terms of efficiency. Scholar hurts my feelings.

Succor is great, you just can't treat it like medica. You need to cast it before big damage is coming, not after. Just a different mindset for healing than WHM.

This is true, but the raw throughput is still too weak for (endgame)encounters where heavy AoE damage is an issue

If you're paired with a WHM it's kinda moot, but double SCH is definitely something I'd shy away from doing content I'm not overgeared for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom