• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

Was in the middle of doing the first dungeon for the first time and get kicked out at the second boss... :/

edit: Thanks to the two who were taking us through (and being very patient with us) the dungeon up until that point though.

rykomatsu

hi bb's,

fiancee is being seen by doc...from what receptionist said, should be relatively quick to finish, but go on w/o me if you want :)

pablito

so it looks like if you dc in coil and you've won, it'll let you do it again. happened to another group in my fc. that's a relief.

Resilient

Welp I'm at a loss of what to do next. Can't get Garuda EM done because DF/PF is brutal. Barely gotten to Tornado because Tanks don't coordinate and then quit when the run goes bad. Majority of my runs end with a wipe before Chi and Sup are even dead the first time. It's tough because I really like the fight. But groups just keep quitting slowly and so whatever progress your group makes is lost once 2 people leave. I even tried making a PF group asking for a straight up carry and that didn't work. And then the farm groups are all 80 plus and won't let me in (with iLvl 75). Sad times!

Stuart444

Finally got Sastasha done with the tank from my previous run and a random from the DF. Went well outside of the Archer aggroing tons of monsters/not attacking marked enemies making the Tanks job tougher.

Pretty easy besides that though and the last bit with the bubbles should be much easier next time hopefully. (missed a few bubbles causing quite a few adds to be released).

Finally got Sastasha done with the tank from my previous run and a random from the DF. Went well outside of the Archer aggroing tons of monsters/not attacking marked enemies making the Tanks job tougher.

Pretty easy besides that though and the last bit with the bubbles should be much easier next time hopefully. (missed a few bubbles causing quite a few adds to be released).

Gives the fight a little spice!

Tash

I seriously don't get why people hate Pharos so much. We even had two randoms force dc the moment we loaded into the dungeon..

It's really NOT hard.

chrono01

I seriously don't get why people hate Pharos so much. We even had two randoms force dc the moment we loaded into the dungeon..

It's really NOT hard.
It's not difficult, I think it's more of a "risk not being worth the reward" kind of deal. People just want to get their Tomes of Mythology for the day as soon as possible, so they would rather run a 15 minute dungeon than one that would take double that time [sometimes more].

Personally, whatever the DF gives me for the day is what dungeon I complete. Since I'm a DPS I don't exactly have the luxury of instant queues, and even if I did, I wouldn't personally leave. But then, I've never had an issue with PS.

suzu

I think it's Siren. It's simple enough, but a lot of ppl seem to have a hard time w/ it because it isn't a faceroll like other bosses. lol

Kenai

I have one better... my power is out right now! Not sure why - probably due to the massive storm we got - but it should be back soon. ><

Sucks! The power down near Beech Grove/Greenwood still seems fine so maybe that'll give em time to focus more on your area. Stay warm!.

Succor is great, you just can't treat it like medica. You need to cast it before big damage is coming, not after. Just a different mindset for healing than WHM.

This is correct. However, I would like something that has a similar range to Medica 2. I can technically cover some extra ground with Succor + a Roused Whispering Dawn a lot of the time but it does seem a little clunkier than I'd like to pull that off.

I guess I just don't know how to use it properly.

But it always seems like something is wasted. I can cast it when I know group damage is coming but then the heal is wasted if no one is hurt. And the shield is not very big because the heal itself is small. So if everyone takes damage (though mitigated by the shield), I'll need to Succor again anyway to heal up. Then the shield from the second Succor is wasted unless more group damage comes in. In the end, something ends up being wasted.

But I'm also a terrible player so maybe I just don't get it.
I know I can heal forever so whatever at a bit of wasted healing but it makes me feel bad in terms of efficiency. Scholar hurts my feelings.

You are kind of right in that a fair amount of time the base heal is wasted if you are prepping for damage with the first Succor, but between that and the Eos AoE regen they have a fairly potent kit to deal with AoE (especially if EoS is Roused and Sacred Soil is down). SCH doesn't really have mana problems either so while the prep isn't super effcient the kit is designed to deal with a little extra "waste".

I do think double SCH takes a little too much coordination to be realistically effective in most situations where it would really matter (doing things like rotating Eos regen and shield timings in between heavy movement and positioning requirements since they don't stack and a lot of times don't refresh each other) but I'm not sure if SCH really need anything substantial. Most of what I would like (besides some better AoE range) is more on the technical side of the class. Some Pet A.I. tweaks and additions, a better way to switch to SMN stats than 10k seals (then another 10k to switch back) ect.

Tash

I think it's Siren. It's simple enough, but a lot of ppl seem to have a hard time w/ it because it isn't a faceroll like other bosses. lol

I find the first boss much more annoying.
I had two dragoons with my warrior tank yesterday - it was a pita but still very much doable.

People just don't get the Siren fight:

Interrupt Lunatic Voice (even if you don't, it's no biggie).
Avoid the seargents (crawlers) as healer and tank
Stack in middle if she disappears and stay there if she doesn't appear on the outside, otherwise just sidestep out of her path.

Top people of constantly and remove the Lunatic Voice Debuff if it goes off.
That's all..

Aeana

I haven't gone to Pharos Sirius since the first week, but I'd really like to. Sadly it seems like nobody else really does, and I'm not so desperate as to go with randoms.

Noi

So close to beating Titan HM with my FC, just need some slight adjustments done.

Are there any key moments when I should pop CDs after the heart phase? I've been kinda winging it so far, but I don't know what much else I can do other than not get blasted by bombs.

Zomba13

So close to beating Titan HM with my FC, just need some slight adjustments done.

Are there any key moments when I should pop CDs after the heart phase? I've been kinda winging it so far, but I don't know what much else I can do other than not get blasted by bombs.

If tanking I pop a CD when a Mountain Buster is coming

KP8wXYZ.png

Usually you can pop a defensive CD just before the bomb near you blows and it'll last till the buster.

Usually it's best to get hit by one bomb than possibly get hit by two.

Tash

I haven't gone to Pharos Sirius since the first week, but I'd really like to. Sadly it seems like nobody else really does, and I'm not so desperate as to go with randoms.

Oddly enough I find it a really fun dungeon and fun to heal :)
But I also randomly Queue for Titan HM and Ultima EM because I love those fights so much. I am weird that way :/

Was on vacation so I haven't had time to do Garuda EM yet, really looking forward to Titan EM, though :p
Never really liked the Garuda fights, not sure why.

Reknoc

The one and only time I've ran Pharos it seemed like it'd be a fun dungeon, but it's certainly a little rough and I'm no masochist so I dread getting it in DR but I dread getting anything in DR so...

Ken

I ran Pharos once and I enjoyed the difficulty of it. It's a little rough for sure but I don't think it's too hard for randoms to learn and stumble through.

I think I'm close to facing Ifrit (At L25 PGL), but I spent the whole time on my Weaver job (L21 I think).
Who knew getting EXP just by making clothes can be so addictive?

Nohar

Did Pharos Sirius today. When I joined there was only a Dragoon with me. The first pack of monster was untouched: both the healer and the tank bailed right after entering it (classy). 2 minutes later a Scholar and Paladin joined.

We had trouble on the first two bosses, but not because of the usual reasons... Actually, we were a little too heavy with the DPS. We triggered the add poping while there was still one puppy alive two times (while both I, Bard, and the Dragoon were solely attacking them), and the same happened with the bird, which had its HP bar disappearing like snow under the sun. We got Siren on the first try. The Dragoon was nearly full 90, and boy, did he hit like a truck.

Torquill

Did Pharos Sirius today. When I joined there was only a Dragoon with me. The first pack of monster was untouched: both the healer and the tank bailed right after entering it (classy). 2 minutes later a Scholar and Paladin joined.

We had trouble on the first two bosses, but not because of the usual reasons... Actually, we were a little too heavy with the DPS. We triggered the add poping while there was still one puppy alive two times (while both I, Bard, and the Dragoon were solely attacking them), and the same happened with the bird, which had its HP bar disappearing like snow under the sun. We got Siren on the first try. The Dragoon was nearly full 90, and boy, did he hit like a truck.
A Dragoon who actually weaves, knows how to maximize use of his cooldowns, and knows his GDC rotation is 10x as valuable as one who doesn't. It's night and day.

Ploid 3.0

Hmm hope they do this sprinkled through the year, then I can hop on to see how people have progressed and maybe check out patches to see what they have done to the game.

WonderPup

Does this game use up a lot of bandwidth or something? I'm having an issue where my ISP is saying I'm using tons of bandwidth all of a sudden, and the only recent change to our internet habits is the addition of FFXIV on a PC and a PS3. Combined, we play for about three or four hours per day.

To give numbers, it he ISP is saying we used 797 GB (!) last month, and in January, we're already at 300 GB.

I don't recall FFXI (or any other game) being this demanding. The issue probably isn't FFXIV, but I can't think of anything else that's "new". We aren't using Netflix/Amazon Prime more frequently.

Does this game use up a lot of bandwidth or something? I'm having an issue where my ISP is saying I'm using tons of bandwidth all of a sudden, and the only recent change to our internet habits is the addition of FFXIV on a PC and a PS3. Combined, we play for about three or four hours per day.

To give numbers, it he ISP is saying we used 797 GB (!) last month, and in January, we're already at 300 GB.

I don't recall FFXI (or any other game) being this demanding. The issue probably isn't FFXIV, but I can't think of anything else that's "new". We aren't using Netflix/Amazon Prime more frequently.

There's no way FF14 uses even close to that amount of bandwidth.

studyguy

Jesus fucking Christ.
Couldn't finish T5 last night due to people 90king over and fucking over.
It was insane to have a perfect run only to suddenly see everyone stop right before a twister. 30% guys! Final ph... oh no... not again! Hearing the FC scream through vent over and over due to disconnects was painful... worse yet that I don't even know if my group can run again this week now that people are getting busier.

Even using that WTFfast tool, the Verizon fios issue is murdering me.
So many stalls during critical moments.

jiien

Jesus fucking Christ.
It was insane to have a perfect run only to suddenly see everyone stop right before a twister. 30% guys! Final ph... oh no... not again! Hearing the FC scream through vent over and over due to disconnects was painful... worse yet that I don't even know if my group can run again this week now that people are getting busier.

I did Ultima yesterday, and was having back-to-back sequences of five to ten seconds where packets were being entirely lost. I could run around and use skills, but though the animations went off, no numbers would appear on Ultima, and the rest of my party members and Ultimate itself weren't moving. This was the first time I've ever had it that bad, so I pretty much immediately went out and signed up for PingZapper. They really, really need to fix this FiOS nonsense though.

studyguy

I did Ultima yesterday, and was having back-to-back sequences of five to ten seconds where packets were being entirely lost. I could run around and use skills, but though the animations went off, no numbers would appear on Ultima, and the rest of my party members and Ultimate itself weren't moving. This was the first time I've ever had it that bad, so I pretty much immediately went out and signed up for PingZapper. They really, really need to fix this FiOS nonsense though.

I 90k'd once right after dodging all the divebombs and downing the snakes, only to come back dead, be raised and then 90k immediately again when I was raised and back up on the platform. It was so bad last night, never had that happen.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Jesus fucking Christ.

I heard fios is having issues lately. You are not the only one.

studyguy

FIOS issue?

Apparently FIOS from Verizon/Time Warner have a routing issue with a Canadian server. Apparently it's been malfunctioning, but for some reason or another they don't actually own it so they can't replace it. Beats me just stuff I heard down the grapevine, and all I know is FIOS users are having packet losses left and right connecting to the XIV servers in Montreal or whatever. Stalling for 10 seconds at a time randomly is the worst feeling ever during important moments. Feels like I might as well be in Australia.

aceface

I had a similar issue tanking Satasha for the first time last night where an archer off of duty finder kept kiting enemies in circles whenever he grabbed aggro. As much as he was doing it I think he was trolling me.

Ken

Nevermind, I found the culprit!

Or not...ported to New Gridania and I'm stuck in another loading screeen that's taking too long.

Ixian

I use AT&T Uverse and was having crippling lag in some instances the past two days, too. Really fun to see Titan doing the windup animation for landslide as I'm already flying off the ledge, wee. Good thing my Pingzapper sub was still active!

It's really NOT hard.
Agree that it's not hard, but the quality of people can swing so low that unless you're looking for a story to tell, it's not worth it. Someone in my FC stuck it out with a Pharos PUG yesterday and they ended up timing out on Siren. :\ I definitely see a lot of 0/4s when I queue for in-progress dungeons as a tank, too. I wonder what doing it (and the other new dungeons) at an appropriate ilevel is like.

Pretty happy with this past weekend overall! Didn't get my Titan EX win like I hoped and lost lot on Ultima neck for BRD, but my FC cleared turn 4 for the first time on our second night of attempts and my first piece of main job Coil loot dropped (Allagan Cuirass of Aiming). It's going to get replaced by AF+1 eventually, but the item level bump was pretty nice and I can focus on some other slots now before I get all pretty in pink. I'm surprised by how much easier turn 4 became once we switched up our strategy for the last two phases to remove some of the randomness with picking up mobs from our previous strat. Can't wait to spend some quality time with Twintania this week. :eek:

suzu

Whenever I run Pharos, it's the healer (too slow on charm) or other dps (too slow on zombies) that is the problem. lol

---

Speaking of 90k. I got a ton of disconnects last night too. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom