• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

I guess I need to do Bahamut's coil more often, I have absolutly no 90 equipment from there (and it begins to be a problem, since my ilvl is stuck to 73 as a Bard)

You should be getting some i90 pieces with your myth tomes, and supplementing your gear progression with some of the better Ballad pieces from Crystal Tower. If you're feeling daring you could even try your luck getting the i90 aiming ring from Garuda EM. An easier goal could be Ultima HM too who drops i80 chokers and rings for each role. For now, ignore the secondary stats and just focus on getting that primary stat of Dex up. These options should be more than enough to get you comfortably geared for Coil, compared to pre-2.1 where full DL was pretty much our only options, and 3 weeks of Myth went into our dumb weapons.

Nohar

You should be getting some i90 pieces with your myth tomes, and supplementing your gear progression with some of the better Ballad pieces from Crystal Tower. If you're feeling daring you could even try your luck getting the i90 aiming ring from Garuda EM. An easier goal could be Ultima HM too who drops i80 chokers and rings for each role. For now, ignore the secondary stats and just focus on getting that primary stat of Dex up. These options should be more than enough to get you comfortably geared for Coil, compared to pre-2.1 where full DL was pretty much our only options, and 3 weeks of Myth went into our dumb weapons.

I already have the BRD+1 pants actually (and boy do I look ridiculous in those... or FABULOUS! Depends on the opinion). Someone in my FC told me to get, in that order, the BRD+1 legs, body, hand, ring and then hat. I'd like to get the Ballad hands from CT as well, since I believe it's the only piece which improve the Critical stat.
I guess you are right. The thing is that I don't know if I should spend my mythos right away, or buy some stuff for my Scholar instead (I don't really know if I should gear both of them evenly of focus more on one).
As for Coil, T1 and T2 aren't a problem, though I'd like to know: what ilvl to you advise me to reach in order to try T4 without being a hindrance to my party?

Ken

I already have the BRD+1 pants actually (and boy do I look ridiculous in those... or FABULOUS! Depends on the opinion). Someone in my FC told me to get, in that order, the BRD+1 legs, body, hand, ring and then hat. I'd like to get the Ballad hands from CT as well, since I believe it's the only piece which improve the Critical stat.

You get a piece once a week so it's really no huge investment in grabbing whatever you can find at the moment. You could even get the Ballad shirt if you want to save yourself the 825 myth or whatever and use that (plus a little extra from a new week) to fill out 2 other myth slots. Really, any route of progression should be okay as your ultimate goal is full i90 for the primary stat weighting more than anything else. I haven't really done any gearing up for my BRD but I the advice from your FC dude seems ok. I don't really do much gearing on my BRD so I can't say for sure.

I guess you are right. The thing is that I don't know if I should spend my mythos right away, or buy some stuff for my Scholar instead (I don't really know if I should gear both of them evenly of focus more on one).

It really depends on you I guess? With CT, it's totally possible to have 2 Coil ready jobs in a combination of myth and CT gear. If you're in a static that wants you to do a specific role it might be wiser to invest in that job first.

As for Coil, T1 and T2 aren't a problem, though I'd like to know: what ilvl to you advise me to reach in order to try T4 without being a hindrance to my party?

Beats me. For T4-T5 you obviously want to hit accuracy cap of 472~ as a starting goal. Other than that I don't know.

aceface

Finally got up to level 45 and did story Garuda last night. Man...healing that was fun as hell. Popping a swiftcast + raise makes you feel like a boss. Love the music on that fight too, in fact all the primal themes are awesome in this game.

I have no idea why people find rot (and turn 2 in general) so difficult.

My coil group doesn't even use mumble and we had no problem whatsoever.

Tash

I'm not surprised, if they wanted to "fix" it they would've done it a month ago.

This: ADS would only need a number change in the code so it one shots during Enrage. If they wanted to fix it they can do this during a normal server maintenance..

studyguy

ADS doesn't bother me, I don't use the strat, but again I don't run without my FC through coil. At least they aren't pulling an XI where weird strategies are being pulled down as exploitive immediately. Whatever, the only outcome will probably be that 2.2 coil instances will probably just have hard enrages from now on.

Khatoz

Gratz, 1st book now fists, you guyz are on fire! :p

Thanks, thats from our third kill, second kill was caster neck and BLM weapon that went to Odoru.

Think so far it has been 3 items to main jobs, 3 items to alt jobs... damn you twin D:

Also those bard pants put me at 502 acc D:

dramatis

Post level 45 leve leveling:
FmAD7Nu.jpg

Lucis

There's escrot leve at 20 or 25 even, in quary mill, the little raptor thing, I did that a lot on archer.

Finally got TITAN EX down, gaf's elitist party won't take me since I "haven't beat the fight yet" lol

Now on to IFRIT EX.

Isaccard

There's escrot leve at 20 or 25 even, in quary mill, the little raptor thing, I did that a lot on archer.

Finally got TITAN EX down, gaf's elitist party won't take me since I "haven't beat the fight yet" lol

Now on to IFRIT EX.

HERE WE GO

OPTIC BLAST
+5k if you get the reference

studyguy

I experienced ADS easy mode yesterday. It's actually kind of shameful.

My FC did it once to try it.
It feels grimy as fuck, I agree.
Like the entire time we were just expecting it to hit and when it did it was like... that's it? Really? Just hit it till it dies?

studyguy

qualification,
it was ONE GAF elitist group.
I know lots of people on GAF are not elitists and are actually pretty nice people.

My FC drags whoever the fuck is on to Twin and beyond.
We had one cohesive group of EU/US bros but then split, now both are in the habit of shitting on eachother. EU can't get on a reasonable timeframe, US is too fat to care.
Still, it's all in good fun, but with the power of the two groups combined, we still can't afford a house.
Meanwhile the AUS players are all dying to divebombs

Teletraan1

Banned
I actively dislike all the "carry" bullshit in the ultros FC. I never want a carry. Just want a bunch of like minded people to kill stuff with but most runs I have ever seen offered up was positioned as a carry by our well geared overlords. Get over yourselves.

studyguy

I actively dislike all the "carry" bullshit in the ultros FC. I never want a carry. Just want a bunch of like minded people to kill stuff with but most runs I have ever seen offered up was positioned as a carry by our well geared overlords. Get over yourselves.

I get carried through Twin every week as the MT by my healers~
Feels good man, who needs cooldowns? It's a crutch, I'm too busy sleeping.

Lucis

It's ok
they still consider they carried you though, it's all good

Aeana

This isn't a mindset held by a majority of the members, only a handful. I do agree though that people who think they're better than everyone else and that some people aren't worth their time are kind of jerks.

Ken

Details? Can't recall the last time anyone in the FC offered up a Titan carry, at least not after 2.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom