• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucrid

Banned
Man. Do a DF ifrit HM. Heals / some DPS die 5 times, end up using Bard LB3, plumes keep killing everyone. MT dies at ~10%, I grab it, tank it, me and a BLM solo it from ~5%. No commendations for me. :(

Khatoz

Something else funny to consider. They are the only ones to have cleared T5 in the FC, but defiantly are not the people who turned down someone for not clearing something already. If they ask for people to do stuff in the FC it has always just been the first to respond.

Actually we use super computers as well as an incredibly complex selection algorithym to pick those that join us, we only make it seem like we go on a first ask first join scheme as to not arouse suspictions about our elitist nature.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Finally got everyone on with a stable connection and we went in and beat Titan EX. As expected, internet connections are the real hardest boss in FF14. Got a few Ifrit attempts before the disconnects started, doesn't seem like a bad fight at all.

Ifrit is probably easier because you can't fall out of the fight permanently.

DJIzana

Finally got everyone on with a stable connection and we went in and beat Titan EX. As expected, internet connections are the real hardest boss in FF14. Got a few Ifrit attempts before the disconnects started, doesn't seem like a bad fight at all.

Damn... wish I could've got in on that. Will need to do this on my days off, somehow.

The furthest I've been was to the heart phase. I'm working on getting a couple of things done before I continue on with this though.

Ploid 3.0

Man. Do a DF ifrit HM. Heals / some DPS die 5 times, end up using Bard LB3, plumes keep killing everyone. MT dies at ~10%, I grab it, tank it, me and a BLM solo it from ~5%. No commendations for me. :(

It all went to the healers because of their green icon, or everyone was too embarrassed to stay long enough to leave one.

How about that Monk though? Goddamn he's so awesome, wish I was like him.

But can the MNK heal? THAT is the question.

As for the topic at hand...I don't like it when people go around calling it a carry or anything. I mean both of my relic runs have been me dead part of the fight in Titan HM but I wasn't exactly sitting there with my hands in my pocket. And I doubt anyone else does who tries to get a relic. As long as we're respectful of each other, it's good. Everyone needs a little help with something. And anyone who looks down on others just because they got some help to win their relic is a jerk.

Now uh...let's just work together as a FC! And tomorrow I'm buying some more maps and dragging some of you on a treasure hunt, whether you like it or not!

Alucrid

Banned
Second wind.

Have you ever wondered what a bag full of relics looks like?

17754480252836380672_ejscy.jpg

Grats on getting every relic. Now get the zeniths.

I don't even think if you have saved every Myth point you have gotten from the day of launch and not spent it on anything else and capped every week you would have enough Myth to Zenith every Relic if you had them all.

Yes, I know that's the joke.

So I just won Titan HM on DF on the first try. Well basically (ME tank) and 2 awesome healers, who had to "carry" the rest of the pt that kept dying. At one moment we were basically 4 ppl alive.

Now that's carrying someone. lol. But we made it and 4th relic get, but seeing that post above me, this means shit. (Of course I have to basically go on DF to get Titan wins...)

MechaX

Well... After weeks of PF Garuda fails, decided to join a PF on a whim and suddenly this group managed to do the fight perfectly and secured the win.

PF/DF Gods, why do you toy with me?

Well, time to suffer on Titan EM.

Soroc

Thanks! Not going to lie; Titan EM is genuinely a fun fight.

Our party was getting slaughtered, but I am definitely more of a fan of the reactive/dodging kind of fights than... whatever in the fuck Garuda EM was.

Agreed, felt less stress trying Titan EM then when I'm doing Garuda EM even with the wiping while practicing lol

suzu

You guys got so many relics. D:

After trying Titan HM on DF a few times and watching the tanks die to landslide.. I decided to ask GAF to help and we one-shot it. Thanks everyone that helped me (Riley) and Naji get our 2nd relics! Went a lot better than that first time where I had spent the entire time on the ground. lol

Ken

You guys got so many relics. D:

After trying Titan HM on DF a few times and watching the tanks die to landslide.. I decided to ask GAF to help and we one-shot it. Thanks everyone that helped me (Riley) and Naji get our 2nd relics! Went a lot better than that first time where I had spent the entire time on the ground. lol

I remember when you got your first Relic for your BLM.

BLCKATK

Was it the enrage, or the eggs or liquid hell?

First it was enrage, pretty sure we went through 5 dreads instead of 4, so we were pushing the timer hard.

Second time it was a mixture of Liquid Hell and Hatch, MT moved Twintania a bit too much so OT couldn't absorb hatch, immediately after OT was liquid hell'd so the absorb strat was botched. Many of us were able to absorb hatch but it killed our MNK and DRG a lot, MT died, a whole mess.

After that we just never made it final phase, when we run we usually make progress in the beginning and slowdown as the night progresses. I'm hoping that tomorrow will be the day we get it, we're so god damn close now.

Full GAF group and Hellish Claws are mine. :D

Left-to-right: Qhon, Lunicia, Strawberry, Kagari, Elliott, Punchinello, Maple, Bookey

Pro heals and super smooth. Thanks everyone!

WolvenOne

Our Coil group finally made it to Twintania!

Okay, I guess I shouldn't say, "finally," since we took most of December off because of the Holidays, but it feels really good never the less. Just bullcrapping around we got to the Conflags on Twin, but we only did two semi-serious runs, so that's a decent enough start.

Also, another piece of Tank jewelry dropped tonight, so I'm now up to ilvl 86. It's kinda disconcerting actually, seeing as I only have two more pieces of jewelry to replace before I have full 90 on both sides of the board. Despite that, each piece only seems to raise my iLvl one point, so I'm kinda curious what the deal is.

dcye

Also, another piece of Tank jewelry dropped tonight, so I'm now up to ilvl 86. It's kinda disconcerting actually, seeing as I only have two more pieces of jewelry to replace before I have full 90 on both sides of the board. Despite that, each piece only seems to raise my iLvl one point, so I'm kinda curious what the deal is.

The ilvl average takes into account the empty off-hand as well, so because your WAR has a two-handed Axe and nothing in the off-hand it brings your ilvl down. At least I think that's how it works.

WolvenOne

The ilvl average takes into account the empty off-hand as well, so because your WAR has a two-handed Axe and nothing in the off-hand it brings your ilvl down. At least I think that's how it works.

Blargh, if so that means that I'll need the Allagan Axe to get my WAR upto lvl 90. So I guess not only do we have to beat Twin, but also get that boss onto Farm status as well. That is of course, unless I'm very lucky, and the axe drops first.

MogCakes

The group of friends I'd gathered to begin playing is already falling apart, seems a couple of them just aren't able to get into it (including the friend I built a new comp for just to play this game, sadly). Welp. We were planning to eventually create our own FC, but if they end up dropping out then I may just try to join GAF's. I've updated the google doc with my actual in-game name, ended up not using the one I had before.

Blargh, if so that means that I'll need the Allagan Axe to get my WAR upto lvl 90. So I guess not only do we have to beat Twin, but also get that boss onto Farm status as well. That is of course, unless I'm very lucky, and the axe drops first.

Get to it! We need more groups in Gaf clearing Turn 5 soon. I don't think our group is ready yet but hopefully we can get to it. I'm probably the least geared member...

WolvenOne

Get to it! We need more groups in Gaf clearing Turn 5 soon. I don't think our group is ready yet but hopefully we can get to it. I'm probably the least geared member...

Hope so, depends on just how complex the Twin mechanics are, and what roles they're most difficult for.

Yeah, I do best after trying the fight a few times, even though I often watch videos of the fights.

Trying to learn the new dungeons the day of the patch with Ultrosgaf was rough but fun.

Except Pharos, screw that place forever.

WolvenOne

Yeah, I do best after trying the fight a few times, even though I often watch videos of the fights.

Trying to learn the new dungeons the day of the patch with Ultrosgaf was rough but fun.

Except Pharos, screw that place forever.

I suspect that, like Pre-Nerf AK, there are strats for every encounter for Pharos that make it far easier to run through. Unlike AK, there really isn't any incentive to do so. If you want to farm for myth, there are far easier and faster ways. The gear that drops isn't really that good unless you're a Fresh fifty, and there's no reason to farm that gear over the old AK sets that drop in the other HM dungeons.

Now, had Gaf put lvl 65 item drops, that'd be a whole other story. Those would be worth farming, even if you have plenty of Phil Tomes. (Better to spend those tomes on Relic weapons.) Even then, I doubt there would be nearly as many runs on it as there were for WP and AK, but there'd probably be enough runs for a common known strat for all major encounters to become prevalent.

I kinda get the impression that by the time most groups know how to handle that dungeon, most stop running it.

Why run CT when you can do HM HM, which is fun and much much shorter and easier. I have run CT and some HM HM runs and maxed tomes with utter ease.

MogCakes

Question: aside from dailies, is there a way to reliably gain gil without using the market board? I'm hovering around 7000 gil and am avoiding buying anything on the market so I can try to conserve the meager amount of funds that I have. Transportation costs tend to eat eat gil pretty fast even just using airships. Maybe it's just because I'm only at level 20, but damn.

Kenai

Not gonna lie, I still haven't unlocked Pharos and at this particular time I can't think of a single positive of doing so (that would outweigh getting it in DF Roulette).

Question: aside from dailies, is there a way to reliably gain gil without using the market board? I'm hovering around 7000 gil and am avoiding buying anything on the market so I can try to conserve the meager amount of funds that I have. Transportation costs tend to eat eat gil pretty fast even just using airships. Maybe it's just because I'm only at level 20, but damn.

It is because you are level 20. You can get pretty much all gear you need to level from quest rewards/dungeons, and if you don't need rewards for a particular one they reward allagan money which you can sell (the gold piece at higher levels are work 2.5k a pop). At various levels there's also different leves with pretty good rewards (like diremite silk from 20 weaver ones as an example), and at higher up levels there's things like treasure maps too. Leveling up a gatherer and a few crafts and you can also be pretty self sufficient and make various popular low/mid level items easily for gil too.

Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of work to make any significant amount of money at this particular time with the game economy how it is. But you should always have enough for repairs and the basics at the very least.

Aeana

Not gonna lie, I still haven't unlocked Pharos and at this particular time I can't think of a single positive of doing so (that would outweigh getting it in DF Roulette).
It has cool music at the start and the encounters are fun.

Stuart444

I'm almost level 20 and at about 5500 - 6000 gil due to leveling one of my crafting to level 15 so I'd like to know this too.

Pharos is awesome, bros.

The music is great at least. What little there is, anyways. I get the impression that Pharos was the last dungeon they produced with the old music design of only a short opening piece and then silence afterwards except for battle music. Then they got feedback about how sparse and non-looping the music was in beta and changed direction.

Copperbell HM and Haukke HM use an old track from 1.0 as continuously looping dungeon music, presumably because that's all they had lying around to insert after the change in direction. The first dungeon which has looping music specifically composed for it is apparently Labyrinth of the Ancients.

Pharos itself has quickly gained a reputation for too much effort for too little reward. It's supposed to be AK's replacement in the gear progression curve but it's considerably more difficult, especially the final boss Siren, yet drops the equivalent ilvl 60 stuff that AK used to before they de-leveled it. It's no wonder no one does it, it's easier to just run AK and WP for Philosophy and jump to ilvl70 rather than waste time in the longer and harder Pharos.

CT is much easier than any of those but more time consuming. But you get one ilvl80 gear piece a week, plus 200 Philosophy and 50 Mythology. If you're going for pure efficiency WP SRs are still the fastest way to grind for gear tokens, if you're trying to get your ilvl 80 of the week, CT is the way to go. Pharos is a dungeon without a reason for existing now because of the strange release schedule that led to it being pushed back to 2.1.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Love the new dungeons but if you get them through Lotto, it's a lost cause every damn time. People drop immediately if they see its Pharos, Copperbell or Haukke. Very annoying. SE needs to punish droppers out of lotto. If you drop party out of lotto, you lose your bonus for the day.

That is, if you even get the lotto to pop. =( Everyone spams CT since it's "easier" but the amount of times people fail at the easy things is astounding. Ah well. One step forward, one step back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom