• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's escrot leve at 20 or 25 even, in quary mill, the little raptor thing, I did that a lot on archer.

Finally got TITAN EX down, gaf's elitist party won't take me since I "haven't beat the fight yet" lol

Now on to IFRIT EX.

I actively dislike all the "carry" bullshit in the ultros FC. I never want a carry. Just want a bunch of like minded people to kill stuff with but most runs I have ever seen offered up was positioned as a carry by our well geared overlords. Get over yourselves.

I'm sitting here wondering what I'm reading. Maybe I just don't log on enough anymore but the only times I remember people talking about carry groups it was ironically or making light of something in the gaf FC. And I know it was a common thing to see them making fun of the groups in Reverent Toll demanding qualifications like "already killed X" to get into group to kill X.

Alucrid

Banned
I actively dislike all the "carry" bullshit in the ultros FC. I never want a carry. Just want a bunch of like minded people to kill stuff with but most runs I have ever seen offered up was positioned as a carry by our well geared overlords. Get over yourselves.

no need to get angry. there's enough room on my allagan baghnakhs for everyone to be carried

Aeana

I'm sitting here wondering what I'm reading. Maybe I just don't log on enough anymore but the only times I remember people talking about carry groups it was ironically or making light of something in the gaf FC. And I know it was a common thing to see them making fun of the groups in Reverent Toll demanding qualifications like "already killed X" to get into group to kill X.
No, every once in a while there really is some of this happening in FC chat.

Teknoman

Thats what I thought. I havent been online as much as i'd like to be as of late, but I usually dont see any holier than thou conversations going on...and thought carry were parodying groups that ask for a certain GPA and credit score for Titan runs.

No, every once in a while there really is some of this happening in FC chat.

Hmm...well hopefully they tone it down a bit.

There's escrot leve at 20 or 25 even, in quary mill, the little raptor thing, I did that a lot on archer.

Finally got TITAN EX down, gaf's elitist party won't take me since I "haven't beat the fight yet" lol

Now on to IFRIT EX.

you should show me where this elitist party is, because I would like to join.

In all honesty, there is no elitist group, just your imagination. The real situation is that a crap load of people haven't done garuda ex or even titan ex. If you are expecting a carry through extreme modes, I am saddened because I don't know why you would even play the game. If you wanted to really do the primals then you just have to know that there aren't many people that have cleared it, and they themselves haven't really gotten a usable strategy down that allows them to complete the extremes 90-100% of the time with a static group of people.

I think you need to be patient and as you have done find out other ways of getting practice/beating primals other than relying on a certain group of people who you then call out as elitists.

Just my two cents on this

frequency

This "carry" talk makes me believe that many people playing this game have never played a MMORPG before and don't understand what being in a guild/FC/whatever means.

Resilient

My FC drags whoever the fuck is on to Twin and beyond.
We had one cohesive group of EU/US bros but then split, now both are in the habit of shitting on eachother. EU can't get on a reasonable timeframe, US is too fat to care.
Still, it's all in good fun, but with the power of the two groups combined, we still can't afford a house.
Meanwhile the AUS players are all dying to divebombs

Dude, what server/FC are you in? I'm in desperate need of some Australian players because the only Australian players in the Ultros FC are planning on quitting/have lost interest in the game. Hit me up! I myself don't have a problem with lag, I'm moving onto fibre-optic next week (100down/40up).

In all honesty, there is no elitist group, just your imagination. The real situation is that a crap load of people haven't done garuda ex or even titan ex. If you are expecting a carry through extreme modes, I am saddened because I don't know why you would even play the game. If you wanted to really do the primals then you just have to know that there aren't many people that have cleared it, and they themselves haven't really gotten a usable strategy down that allows them to complete the extremes 90-100% of the time with a static group of people.

I think you need to be patient and as you have done find out other ways of getting practice/beating primals other than relying on a certain group of people who you then call out as elitists.

This shit makes me want to quit the damn game. I mean come on dude, do you see how much of a contradiction a statement like this is? The elitist attitude, and 'misconception' as you say, is birthed from this very reasoning. There are so many people who can't down Garuda EM simply because nobody is willing to take them unless they've beaten it. What the hell kind of reasoning is that? I've spent hours doing that fight up until Tornado phase through PUG/DF/PF and that's not good enough for some people. I'm not calling out anybody because tbh I don't even know who this GAF elitist group is, but come on man. This mentality kills the lower fanbase and gives them no motivation to try the fight. Their only option is to wait a few weeks, grind some myth tomes and overgear themselves for the fight. The fight is iLvl65, and I struggle to find groups who will go with me and I'm iLvl75. My only success in the fight so far has been with people like myself who are just trying to get some experience before a competent party will help them down it.

I mean damn. A player can't beat the fight so they ask a group who has if they can help. Group proceeds to tell them they won't take them until they've beaten it. I can see it happening in PF/Farm groups, and I've never seen it in the FC. But that is rough.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

Lucis

I am not going to name names since it was just a line of rant. I wasn't going to post the actual story but since you asked.

Previous to last night I have been trying titan ex in PF/DF for a few days. Some group were pretty decent and I have gone through all the phases, and has seen the second add phase a few times, but unfortunately I have never had a kill on it yet.
Fastforward to 2 days ago, there was a group looking for one tank and one tank only and is ready to go, i whipser to ask if I could come. A min later i was told that they only want people that has beaten the encounter since it's a "farm group". I told them my situation and said I have confidence to do the fight and I have pretty much seen all the fight and know all the phases by heart. They said no.
They end up looking for a tank in PF for 20-30 min before finding one. So rather waste time than try with someone in FC is why I used the word "elitest". I understand there are bad players. But I don't think I am one. I have done Garuda EX a bunch of times with FC and helped a few people in FC as MT for their garuda kill.

With that said. I don't really hold grudge against the person that told me no. It's their pref, but if they don't like being called elitist because of it? Then the lol is on them.

What ever though. Another PF "carried" me through last night. 3 people in that party has done the fight before, 3 were like me, got far never got killed, and 2 are pretty new and has never seen the add phase. Everyone was nice and no one blamed others for mistakes. Took us 1 hour of attempts to down it, but we did it.

Some times it is good to help that one extra new person (who is competent and is able to do it) on fights. It isn't carry, it is helping your own guild in the long run, with that one extra person who is now exeprienced and knows the fight, the amount of people that can easily run the fight increases. If you think of it as a carry, then what else to call you other than elitists?

Kenai

I mean damn. A player can't beat the fight so they ask a group who has if they can help. Group proceeds to tell them they won't take them until they've beaten it. I can see it happening in PF/Farm groups, and I've never seen it in the FC. But that is rough.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

For some clarification, do you only ask people who downed it already? Because while I am entirely sympathetic to the situation of your general catch-22, I have seen several groups of FC members this very week who are both willing to take people in for experience purposes and hopefully down it, or people who have already cleared it (not an entire group) join a group and give advice as the newbies go along. I was one of the people receiving a ton of said advice, and I haven't even been actively looking for these groups. And now I can reliably make it to the middle of the add phase after only 1.5 full DF attempts. Next time, who knows?

Yes, it very much sucks if there are people in the FC who actually have a stick so far up their ass that they are actually flaunting their EX kills and then snubbing desperate fellow FC members asking for help (not a carry) and that will hopefully come back to bite them if they don't straighten out and get a clue, but there are a lot of FC members in a similar situation to you who want to learn. I've seen none of the former and several of the latter. If you are actively looking for them, you should be able to find them soon. Back when Titan HM was the new hotness it was a similar situation with the desperation, and after the fights had been figured out more there were tons of FC members who would help first timers.

Don't let a few people (who will likely be dealt with if enough people complain about them) skew your perception of the FC too much. That would not be fair at all, there are too many good people in it.

Dude, what server/FC are you in? I'm in desperate need of some Australian players because the only Australian players in the Ultros FC are planning on quitting/have lost interest in the game. Hit me up! I myself don't have a problem with lag, I'm moving onto fibre-optic next week (100down/40up).

This shit makes me want to quit the damn game. I mean come on dude, do you see how much of a contradiction a statement like this is? The elitist attitude, and 'misconception' as you say, is birthed from this very reasoning. There are so many people who can't down Garuda EM simply because nobody is willing to take them unless they've beaten it. What the hell kind of reasoning is that? I've spent hours doing that fight up until Tornado phase through PUG/DF/PF and that's not good enough for some people. I'm not calling out anybody because tbh I don't even know who this GAF elitist group is, but come on man. This mentality kills the lower fanbase and gives them no motivation to try the fight. Their only option is to wait a few weeks, grind some myth tomes and overgear themselves for the fight. The fight is iLvl65, and I struggle to find groups who will go with me and I'm iLvl75. My only success in the fight so far has been with people like myself who are just trying to get some experience before a competent party will help them down it.

My statement is for those that want to be carried through without knowing anything or even trying the fight. It's not towards people who have the desire to learn/understand the fight. To me, what you've been doing by pug/df/pf for garuda is good enough to warrant help from people.

Resilient

My statement is for those that want to be carried through without knowing anything or even trying the fight. It's not towards people who have the desire to learn/understand the fight. To me, what you've been doing by pug/df/pf for garuda is good enough to warrant help from people.

Well that's understandable, and is an entire other problem. But to be honest I don't see many people like that in the FC, which is a good thing. A lot of people are willing to learn.

I've been helped many times by many different players, so nobody has ever flat out said "no, you aren't ready" to me from the FC. It's been nothing but positive experiences. I just can't seem to rally up a group to run Garuda. Most of my pugs don't even get past Chi and Sup the first time. The rest wipe after spiny plume.

frequency

I like that it's "helping" someone through instead of working together with them.

It's such a difference in overall attitude in this game compared to ones I've played in the past.

studyguy

I wouldn't call any of BC easy immediately out of the box.
I've run it countless times, so it's easy peasy now, but I recall doing it straight out of release and slamming my face on T4 due to no guides being released. Hell even worse when no one was decked out in myth and DL was as good as it got for most people. I mean whatever, now it's all a joke, but I wouldn't laugh at any newbies.

Hell we've dragged undergeared players to Twin so long as they hit the 4.1k HP mark on health. It's dumb game afterall whatever.

Resilient

I like that it's "helping" someone through instead of working together with them.

It's such a difference in overall attitude in this game compared to ones I've played in the past.

What's the difference?? It's either carry someone, or help them to work together. I use the term "help" because anybody can work together, it just so happens that after weeks of trying to "work together" with pugs/pf, you hit a wall where you need the help of others who have done the fight. The skill levels in the FC are so varied that you'll struggle to find a static group of 8 that are in need of the same clear as you.

Studyguy, check PM ><

PowerTaxi

Banned
Just had a tank use Google Translate to explain boss mechanics in Haukke Manor. Apparently the last boss has "very powerful Peters that cast love".

Just had a tank use Google Translate to explain boss mechanics in Haukke Manor. Apparently the last boss has "very powerful Peters that cast love".

She has a couple of very powerful things, but I wouldn't call it Peters.

I wouldn't call any of BC easy immediately out of the box.
I've run it countless times, so it's easy peasy now, but I recall doing it straight out of release and slamming my face on T4 due to no guides being released. Hell even worse when no one was decked out in myth and DL was as good as it got for most people. I mean whatever, now it's all a joke, but I wouldn't laugh at any newbies.

Hell we've dragged undergeared players to Twin so long as they hit the 4.1k HP mark on health. It's dumb game afterall whatever.

People just call it easy, because after running a Turn for hours, everything is easy. Probably the ppl that expent 100 hours with Ninja Gaiden Black would call it "easy", but is not.

Wilsongt

The only kind of drama we have on the Sargatanas GAF FC is who touched whose ass that day.

*grabs some of Graverobber's popcorn*

frequency

What's the difference?? It's either carry someone, or help them to work together. I use the term "help" because anybody can work together, it just so happens that after weeks of trying to "work together" with pugs/pf, you hit a wall where you need the help of others who have done the fight. The skill levels in the FC are so varied that you'll struggle to find a static group of 8 that are in need of the same clear as you.

Studyguy, check PM ><

Just an attitude thing.

I'm just bothered by the wording. If you're "helping" someone through then you're already taking the position of superiority. Like you're doing them a favour. Like they don't deserve to be there and they can't stand on their own feet. It says there is not an equal relationship.

The way guilds have always worked for me (maybe I've just been lucky) is that the entire guild is a group. You don't "carry" people. No one is superior. You work together to clear content. You acknowledge everyone contributes. It's not the great awesome players "helping" lesser players through.

There are definitely different skill levels but everyone contributes and I view it as that.

Though I guess to be fair, I haven't been in a huge guild like the NeoGAF Ultros FC. I can definitely see cliques forming there and if you're further in content than others, you may let it get to your head a bit.

Anyway, I don't mean to stir up "drama" with the NeoGAF FC. I'm not even in it. It was more just an observation and lamenting the attitude shift of MMORPGs.

Aeana

If you're doing something with someone that you don't need to do personally in order to assist them with reaching their goal, it is indeed "helping." I don't see how this is a bad thing. It's a very good thing that people will assist others even when they don't get something out of it. No need to tear people who do such a thing down.

frequency

If you're doing something with someone that you don't need to do personally in order to assist them with reaching their goal, it is indeed "helping." I don't see how this is a bad thing. It's a very good thing that people will assist others even when they don't get something out of it. No need to tear people who do such a thing down.

Sure. If you're going back to Titan HM or whatever to help people with relics. I see that. But I thought it was about farming EX primals, which would indicate to me that the group still needed to do it. They're not going back to do something they don't need.

Anyway, this is going beyond what I intended with that comment. I wasn't tearing anyone down. Just observing general attitude shifts from my own experience. But it seems I misrepresented my intent so I should probably just be quiet now.

I'm pretty sure that PF and Ex Primals brought the worst of the community. I don't know is that particular fact reflected on Ultros GAF or not, since I'm not there, but the situation is pretty bad on Sargatanas (Not the FC; I mean in general)

The only kind of drama we have on the Sargatanas GAF FC is who touched whose ass that day.

Not really.

But yeah, I never saw anything major. Still is like 10 ppl who is active in the chat + mumble guys, I saw DOT people running out there that I NEVER saw speak a single word on chat.

pitbull

Banned
I dont have the mindset of carrying people thru content.

I just don't redo it!

but on a more serious note, if you're still clearing content you're probably being helped/carried by over gear no-lifers. Hell I got carried through my first titan hm kill and i was just really thankful for the group taking time out of their game to make sure I had a more enjoyable time. Maybe the elitist should be a less less elite but at the end of the day tiv's group is the only ones that have cleared content and the rest of us are just t4 farmers.

I for one welcome our new dodo overlord.

I just don't redo it!

but on a more serious note, if you're still clearing content you're probably being helped/carried by over gear no-lifers. Hell I got carried through my first titan hm kill and i was just really thankful for the group taking time out of their game to make sure I had a more enjoyable time. Maybe the elitist should be a less less elite but at the end of the day tiv's group is the only ones that have cleared content and the rest of us are just t4 farmers.

You can still be clearing content and still doing your job perfectly. There's a difference between "jumping off the cliff on Titan" and "survive through the end, without making major mistakes". Yeah, you could maybe did 20 more DPS or pop a couple of CD and make healers life a bit easier. But I hate what the word "carrying" implies, puts people at the same level of those who pays for content and just watch the fight.

Sophia

Just an attitude thing.

I'm just bothered by the wording. If you're "helping" someone through then you're already taking the position of superiority. Like you're doing them a favour. Like they don't deserve to be there and they can't stand on their own feet. It says there is not an equal relationship.

The way guilds have always worked for me (maybe I've just been lucky) is that the entire guild is a group. You don't "carry" people. No one is superior. You work together to clear content. You acknowledge everyone contributes. It's not the great awesome players "helping" lesser players through.

There are definitely different skill levels but everyone contributes and I view it as that.

Though I guess to be fair, I haven't been in a huge guild like the NeoGAF Ultros FC. I can definitely see cliques forming there and if you're further in content than others, you may let it get to your head a bit.

Anyway, I don't mean to stir up "drama" with the NeoGAF FC. I'm not even in it. It was more just an observation and lamenting the attitude shift of MMORPGs.

You are seriously caring about the wording of "helping" far too much. Being in a guild means helping others. Everyone does everyone favors on the expectation that the person they help will return the favor down the line.

Besides, the nature of the game's movement heavy content means you can't really carry people too much in this game. Most of the fights require a modicum of skill to begin with, at least starting from hard mode Primals.

I'm pretty sure that PF and Ex Primals brought the worst of the community. I don't know is that particular fact reflected on Ultros GAF or not, since I'm not there, but the situation is pretty bad on Sargatanas (Not the FC; I mean in general)

Always puts a smile to my face when I see a funny comment in Party Finder go against the usual grain of uber serious comments. Like this one.

pitbull

Banned
You can still be clearing content and still doing your job perfectly. There's a difference between "jumping off the cliff on Titan" and "survive through the end, without making major mistakes". Yeah, you could maybe did 20 more DPS or pop a couple of CD and make healers life a bit easier. But I hate what the word "carrying" implies, put's people at the same level of those who pays for content and just watch the fight.

just because you do you job perfectly, doesnt mean you clear content...everyone knows this

pitbull

Banned
Yeah that's when you get "help", you don't get "carried".

but the ex fights take everyone knowing what they are doing, even one person learning the fight could take hours and hours. I know me personally it took several days of df pf and pugs before I felt comfortable asking anyone to help and even then only when I had a competent group. Like right now I wouldn't dare pug t5 because I know damn well I am not experienced enough at the later stages in the fight and I would be being carried/being helped/learning.

Isaccard

Hell I got carried through my first titan hm kill and i was just really thankful for the group taking time out of their game to make sure I had a more enjoyable time.

I got carried through my first Titan HM kill for my first relic, and I never even saw titan for 80% of the fight.

Resilient

I saw it, I'm on Excal, we have like 3 or 4 AUS players that play with everyone else.
They do fine, but it's a running joke. I honestly don't know if they'll recruit, I can ask I suppose, I'm not the lead.

Damn Excal!! We are on Ultros so I guess no dice. If you ask them what their latency is like that'd be handy.

Finished the Main Scenario today.
Got lucky with some nice people in the final dungeon who waited on me watching cutscenes before fights.

Although it baffles me why SE packed so many cutscenes in a single spot.
They should've known it would annoy most people.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Did you wash your hands after touching all these asses?

No wonder the popcorn had a certain after-taste =/

You can watch cutscenes that you skipped in your mog house like area.

You mean the Inn

The desk beside your bed lets you see them again

Apoptomon

I think... I'm starting to feel a bit burned out on this game, like I log on only because I have nothing better to do and then only do 'light' content like dailies and gathering/provisioning because I think my computer is getting burned out too (but that's a story for another thread).I haven't even unlocked any of the new dungeons.

As for helping, I think it's always nice when you can get some guildies together to attempt some content (though I feel the duty roulette being one-person has impacted on people being available/wanting to group up). Although I'm probably more likely to receive help than provide it, as I've said upthread, I personally don't really feel right if I'm in a party that has experienced/geared people steamrolling content while I feel like I'm left behind or not contributing my share of the effort.

What I don't like, though, are those people who go into DF expecting everyone to be experienced/geared so they can clear something in 10 minutes and then whine/quit when something doesn't go how they'd like. I mean, yes, wipes are frustrating and so is running out of time, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if something takes 40 minutes? Also, re: primal battles, reading up on something beforehand might be a helpful heads-up, but a clear is a clear is a clear and a failed run is still good practice, so I always approach them as 'practice runs' the first time.

EDIT: on another note, Resilient, out of interest, do you know how many AU players there are/were in UltrosGAF? I'm one of them (Tomac) and Optus gets me ~300ms ping.

Teknoman

Finished the Main Scenario today.
Got lucky with some nice people in the final dungeon who waited on me watching cutscenes before fights.

Although it baffles me why SE packed so many cutscenes in a single spot.
They should've known it would annoy most people.

You can watch cutscenes that you skipped in your mog house like area.

I dont see why people would play an FF game and not expect lots of cutscenes, since post FFVII, FF has been famous for it.

Honestly it shouldnt be that big of a deal these days with such forgiving timers. Skip the scene if you want, discuss plans, let the other person watch the scene.

Takes so much out of the story if you just skip scenes and watch later.

Also, re: primal battles, reading up on something beforehand might be a helpful heads-up, but a clear is a clear is a clear and a failed run is still good practice, so I always approach them as 'practice runs' the first time.

I'll say. I'm sure people have gone in blind before, and even come through on top. I'll ask for pointers if I know i'm with people who have done it before, but i'm not going to shy away from giving older content a shot with players that might not have do it.
Imo, its just like running into an unexpected boss in any other RPG. If you keep losing, sure read up, but I dont think its an absolute necessity to watch a video and read a guide before your first time attempting something.

Sophia

If you join up in the Duty Roulette for Main Scenario, and expect people to skip cutscenes, you're an ass and I have little sympathy for you. That roulette exists to get those people through the main scenario. There exist five other dungeons should you not want to wait for people and get your philosophy quickly. :p

Let people watch and pass it forward so that the same curtsey can be extended to you down the line.

Resilient

I think... I'm starting to feel a bit burned out on this game, like I log on only because I have nothing better to do and then only do 'light' content like dailies and gathering/provisioning because I think my computer is getting burned out too (but that's a story for another thread).I haven't even unlocked any of the new dungeons.

As for helping, I think it's always nice when you can get some guildies together to attempt some content (though I feel the duty roulette being one-person has impacted on people being available/wanting to group up). Although I'm probably more likely to receive help than provide it, as I've said upthread, I personally don't really feel right if I'm in a party that has experienced/geared people steamrolling content while I feel like I'm left behind or not contributing my share of the effort.

What I don't like, though, are those people who go into DF expecting everyone to be experienced/geared so they can clear something in 10 minutes and then whine/quit when something doesn't go how they'd like. I mean, yes, wipes are frustrating and so is running out of time, but does it really matter in the grand scheme of things if something takes 40 minutes? Also, re: primal battles, reading up on something beforehand might be a helpful heads-up, but a clear is a clear is a clear and a failed run is still good practice, so I always approach them as 'practice runs' the first time.

EDIT: on another note, Resilient, out of interest, do you know how many AU players there are/were in UltrosGAF? I'm one of them (Tomac) and Optus gets me ~300ms ping.

Holy fucking shit

A hidden Aussie player on Ultros in the GAF FC

Why the hell didn't you tell me sooner?!?!?

There are 6 of us, as far as I know - Prellis Vilmont, Big Baws, North Lane, Dedotated Wam, another of Prellis' friends and myself (Axel October).

Telstra has been okay to me, I know the others have it way worse though. Oh man. Don't get burned out now. What's your job?!

Ploid 3.0

What ever though. Another PF "carried" me through last night. 3 people in that party has done the fight before, 3 were like me, got far never got killed, and 2 are pretty new and has never seen the add phase. Everyone was nice and no one blamed others for mistakes. Took us 1 hour of attempts to down it, but we did it.

Some times it is good to help that one extra new person (who is competent and is able to do it) on fights. It isn't carry, it is helping your own guild in the long run, with that one extra person who is now exeprienced and knows the fight, the amount of people that can easily run the fight increases. If you think of it as a carry, then what else to call you other than elitists?

Good stuff, grats on the win, and the others that needed it too. Getting stuff done.

I dont see why people would play an FF game and not expect lots of cutscenes, since post FFVII, FF has been famous for it.

Honestly it shouldnt be that big of a deal these days with such forgiving timers. Skip the scene if you want, discuss plans, let the other person watch the scene.

Takes so much out of the story if you just skip scenes and watch later.

I always skip especially if I'm not solo and am being helped. When I am borrowing people's time I mash x even faster lol. I found out about the cutscene thing when the hair change guy was put in the game. There was so much stuff in there that I never watched at all.

Nohar

Hmmm, I don't really get this. I understand that some people don't want to redo some fights, but isn't it the goal of a guild/free company to gather people with the same interests in mind who are willing to help eachother? The people you help will get better gear, will become better with the experience they get from doing the fights, and will help you in return at one point or another (you can't do endgame content alone after all). I never refuse to help my guildmates when someone needs to down Hard mode Titan (which is still a somewhat difficult fight).

Oh well. I got my AF+1 Body... And decided it was time for a new haircut as well. I look absolutly FABULOUS!

Ploid 3.0

Sometimes people don't have time to help. When someone asks for help they may lay low or such. I usually liked to help, but even I would become as if I was afk if a long help was needed and I didn't feel like it.

Aeana

Finally got everyone on with a stable connection and we went in and beat Titan EX. As expected, internet connections are the real hardest boss in FF14. Got a few Ifrit attempts before the disconnects started, doesn't seem like a bad fight at all.

MechaX

Personally, I thought all of this discussion sparked because of an exact conversation that went down in the FC chat earlier in the week/late last week. People were asking for more experienced Tanks in Garuda runs because they can only go so far attempting to learn in pugs (it could be progression, farm, speed run, I have seen all types of PF fails) before someone rage quits out due to a lack of patience or just unrealistic expectations. Then one of the more experienced and geared members of the FC (and I honestly forgot who) stated that the folks were just wanting a carry.

The problem with your statement is that I have not seen a single GAF FC mate that wanted to beat the fight while dead on the floor; they wanted at least the opportunity to have some more experienced members try to work with them and see what has been going wrong at least, if not just beat Garuda to get where a lot of the other members on the FC are at currently (like Titan and Ifrit).

At the very least, that conversation did make me recoil from the game a little bit outside of capping Myth and running Coil. It kinda kills the motivation to play when you know that guildmates consider a fair amount of people a massive burden/"baddies", etc, etc.

I just don't redo it!

Something else funny to consider. They are the only ones to have cleared T5 in the FC, but defiantly are not the people who turned down someone for not clearing something already. If they ask for people to do stuff in the FC it has always just been the first to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom