• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's often hard to accept that when stuff isn't going well, it's your own fault. But I guess if, when you are removed from the equation, the situation immediately improves, it becomes even harder to deny. Congrats to some members of my group going on to beat Ifrit EX on their first few tries in a duty finder group after we wiped to it for 3 hours. Sorry for holding you back.

We asked you to come! :( We'll get it don't worry.

WE GOT IT!

So pumped right now :)

Awesome, super congrats!

Aeana

It's my job to be hard on myself, no one else! You are more than capable, isn't that a tough fight for healers in general...

It's not that difficult. It's something anybody should be able to handle fine. The problems I was having are mostly unique to me, although I don't really want to go into details about that here.

It's not that difficult. It's something anybody should be able to handle fine. The problems I was having are mostly unique to me, although I don't really want to go into details about that here.

I still think that regardless of these issues you're having, you are being too hard on yourself, especially considering you're part of a group that is downing the toughest fight in the game on a regular basis. That counts for more than something I think. And whatever issues you believe you have, I figure you're more than capable of working through them.

-goes back to being harsh on myself again-

I'm on my phone but can anyone list the stats for the casting primal accessories, please? Need to track down items that can bring up my accuracy to 450 since I have a pet to worry about. Thanks!

chrono01

I'm on my phone but can anyone list the stats for the casting primal accessories, please? Need to track down items that can bring up my accuracy to 450 since I have a pet to worry about. Thanks!
Ultima Band Of Casting: [EX Ultima]

Intelligence 11
Critical Hit Rate 10
Determination 10
Magic Defense 1
Defense 1

Vortex Ring Of Casting: [EX Garuda]

Intelligence 13
Determination 8
Accuracy 16
Magic Defense 1
Defense 1

Tremor Earrings Of Casting: [EX Titan]

Intelligence 13
Critical Hit Rate 11
Accuracy 16
Magic Defense 1
Defense 1

Inferno Bangle Of Casting: [EX Ifrit]

Intelligence 13
Accuracy 11
Spell Speed 16
Magic Defense 1
Defense 1

Ken

Pretty sure they knocked down the pet accuracy cap to be equal to the SMN's with 2.1.

kierwynn

The ring Lunicia really wanted finally dropped, but uh...

9UbDLj1.png

Better luck next time, Luni. ;p

(also grats Kawa!)

Jayhawk

I planned on getting MNK body or feet from CT to gear up my new 50 MNK this week, but the chests aren't being nice to me. So, I was thinking of rolling on some SCH or SMN gear even though my ACN is only level 20. I plan on leveling that as my next class to 50.

Which SCH and/or SMN pieces from CT are really good compared to Darklight/HQ Vanya (with quad-melds)? I can craft my own HQ Vanya and Astral gear, so I'd like to be smart about how I spend my CT loot and philosophy tomes on SCH and SMN.

Ken

Which SCH and/or SMN pieces from CT are really good compared to Darklight/HQ Vanya (with quad-melds)? I can craft my own HQ Vanya and Astral gear, so I'd like to be smart about how I spend my CT loot and philosophy tomes on SCH and SMN.

Generally high ilevel sets trump lower ones on primary stat distribution alone so you can't really go wrong with any piece. As for casters, the robe, hat, and gloves are pretty nice.

Jayhawk

Generally high ilevel sets trump lower ones on primary stat distribution alone so you can't really go wrong with any piece. As for casters, the robe, hat, and gloves are pretty nice.

Since it would take a minimum of twelve weeks to get full CT sets for both SMN and SCH, I was looking for a priority order. Thanks for the tips for caster gear choices.

Ken

Since it would take a minimum of twelve weeks to get full CT sets for both SMN and SCH, I was looking for a priority order. Thanks for the tips for caster gear choices.

If you're gearing with myth too maybe the body and chest for both just to save 4 weeks of myth?

Tash

So craptastic to have to do T4 with 3 SMN and a bard.

I seriously hate how they force specific setups on your by design. That's BAD design, not good design..

BadRNG

So craptastic to have to do T4 with 3 SMN and a bard.

I seriously hate how they force specific setups on your by design. That's BAD design, not good design..
I'm going to disagree. I like that they try hard to promote a balanced setup, and even then there is a lot of leeway. Otherwise people would just stack whatever class is best at the moment, and that inevitably leaves some out in the cold.

I think it's nice they try to encourage diverse groups. Except for our tanks, our Coil group has one of each job. I still find myself in groups where there is a ton of fab BRD's. People shouldn't feel discouraged from playing less popular jobs.

Thanks for the help guys...hopefully 430 is good enough for Twintania.

Tash

I'm going to disagree. I like that they try hard to promote a balanced setup, and even then there is a lot of leeway. Otherwise people would just stack whatever class is best at the moment, and that inevitably leaves some out in the cold.

A properly balanced enecounter and balanced class system doesn't advocate cookie cutter setups. There are tons of MMO examples out there that don't need this stupid forced design .

They fighting mechanics are to cover up bad balance.

They FORCE two tank setups and FORCE not stacking jobs with the LB changes. They also FORCE you to use a specific setup (2 tank, 2 healers and 4 dps) in the new content.

And that's because they are very uncreative in designing encounters. It's all about avoiding crap and dps checks.

Of course in the grand picture they say: level up all jobs so you never have problems with setups. Nevermind that I don't like playing certain jobs or that I don't have time to level every job to 50 within the time we would need them.

I would very much like to be able to decide how I go about a fight myself without so many artificial walls.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
stupid question,

if i play on Pc and also gonna play on PS4, will the trophies be retroactive? theres a trophy for beating the story but if you already beat it on pc and go to ps4 you cant get it?

stupid question,

if i play on Pc and also gonna play on PS4, will the trophies be retroactive? theres a trophy for beating the story but if you already beat it on pc and go to ps4 you cant get it?

I believe so. Somebody was talking about the turn 5 acheivement and was stating that you could get it on your pc and then log into ps3 and get the trophy there. Tbh im not really sure though

So, I'm looking for some advice of what to do now and how to gear myself. My situation is like this:

WAR LV 50

Weapon: Barbarian's Bardiche HQ - ilvl 55, STR+15, VIT+17, PARRY+25, CRIT+18

Chest: Heavy Darksteel Armor HQ - ilvl 70, DEF 262, STR+33, VIT+36, PARRY+30, DET+29 (courtesy of Elrina :D)

Hands: Fighter's Gauntlets - Regular i50 AF piece

Waist: Heavy DL Plate Belt - i70, DEF 95, etc

Legs: Fighter's Breeches - Regular i50 AF piece

Feet: Fighter's Jackboots - Regular i50 AF piece

Right side is all ilvl 47-49 accessories except for a lvl 39 ring.

So... what do I do now? I've only spent Philo in my DL Belt because it was my lowest piece by far. Is it worth it to get the AF chest piece (I'll do it now anyway) and look for a good helmet or should I stick with the Darksteel i70 chest piece (even if it covers my face :()?? How should I improve my right side? ><

I also have AK, WP and Ifrit HM unlocked, what should I do first?

I would also like to have an idea of how important left and right sides are, and if my ilvl of 54 is actually "higher" considering all my best gear is on the left side, as a tank.

I know it's a lot of questions in a single post :p

Hopefully my PC will be fixed today so I can go back in. I want to play ;_;

So... what do I do now? I've only spent Philo in my DL Belt because it was my lowest piece by far. Is it worth it to get the AF chest piece (I'll do it now anyway) and look for a good helmet or should I stick with the Darksteel i70 chest piece (even if it covers my face :()?? How should I improve my right side? ><
Get the chest piece asap, not to wear it but to complete the job quests. Now, the main rule on gear is that iLv equals main stat, so the higher your iLv is, the better you are. Because of that, try to always replace the lowest iLv you have first, like you just did.

Do Ifrit for the weapon, while doing WP/AK for the drops. As your gear gets better with those drops, you can try the new HM dungeons, Crystal Tower and Garuda. Don't forget to start your relic quest.

I would also like to have an idea of how important left and right sides are, and if my ilvl of 54 is actually "higher" considering all my best gear is on the left side, as a tank.
What matters most is your primary stat, so that makes both sides mostly equal due to higher iLv = higher main stat.
If you're on Ultros, call me (Takato Pakato) when you want to do Ifrit. I liked the higher difficulty post patch :D

Ken

So, I'm looking for some advice of what to do now and how to gear myself. My situation is like this:

WAR LV 50

Weapon: Barbarian's Bardiche HQ - ilvl 55, STR+15, VIT+17, PARRY+25, CRIT+18

Chest: Heavy Darksteel Armor HQ - ilvl 70, DEF 262, STR+33, VIT+36, PARRY+30, DET+29 (courtesy of Elrina :D)

Hands: Fighter's Gauntlets - Regular i50 AF piece

Waist: Heavy DL Plate Belt - i70, DEF 95, etc

Legs: Fighter's Breeches - Regular i50 AF piece

Feet: Fighter's Jackboots - Regular i50 AF piece

Right side is all ilvl 47-49 accessories except for a lvl 39 ring.

I know it's a lot of questions in a single post :p

If you have the gil, you could pop some materia into your chestpiece if it doesn't have any slotted yet. Otherwise it's kind of a waste without materia.

Easiest way is probably, if you don't meld materia into your chestpiece, to grab the i80 tanking chest or pants from CT, run some of the new level 50 HM dungeons for the new i60ish gear (Lord's Celceta or something for tanks), and use the philo you get to pick up Darksteel accessories and whatever pieces you don't have yet.

You can probably easily get in a good mix of i70~i90 gear from myth tomes in a few weeks.

Kenai

A properly balanced enecounter and balanced class system doesn't advocate cookie cutter setups. There are tons of MMO examples out there that don't need this stupid forced design .

They fighting mechanics are to cover up bad balance.

They FORCE two tank setups and FORCE not stacking jobs with the LB changes. They also FORCE you to use a specific setup (2 tank, 2 healers and 4 dps) in the new content.

I would very much like to be able to decide how I go about a fight myself without so many artificial walls.

I don't see designing fights with a certain amount of all types of roles in mind to be bad game design. It encourages inviting a good player for a spot no matter what class they decide to play/enjoy, and also is by far the most realistic way to prevent class stacking which is a far bigger concerns to me personally, especially following the FFXI class 'balance" concept. It basically had free reign to manage your party setup there (and a lot more theoretical variation with things like sub jobs) and that just led to a lot of class stacking and a large number of jobs/subjob combos that just plain weren't invited to endgame content or even exp parties depending on the job in question.

Besides, for most of the content you can queue with a lot of different setups if you build the party yourself. My Coil group did a 1 tank 1 healer 6 DPS Garuda HM run not long before the last patch. There's plenty of group that bring a double WHM comp, or multiple bards, or multiple casters/melee/two paladin/wars. It's not that rigid imo.

If you're on Ultros, call me (Takato Takato) when you want to do Ifrit. I liked the higher difficulty post patch :D

I'll keep it in mind, I'm going to practice the fight a bit today :O Thanks for the advice too.

If you have the gil, you could pop some materia into your chestpiece if it doesn't have any slotted yet. Otherwise it's kind of a waste without materia.

Easiest way is probably, if you don't meld materia into your chestpiece, to grab the i80 tanking chest or pants from CT, run some of the new level 50 HM dungeons for the new i60ish gear (Lord's Celceta or something for tanks), and use the philo you get to pick up Darksteel accessories and whatever pieces you don't have yet.

You can probably easily get in a good mix of i70~i90 gear from myth tomes in a few weeks.

I'm not sure if I have much gil. I haven't done any economical grind, that's for sure. I'm at ~200k and was planning to donate a bit towards the housing today.

Hadn't thought about melding materia though, as I haven't done it yet. I think I prefer getting a new chest from CT, as I really don't like having my whole head covered by armor, so I'll try doing that first. Head from HM dungeons and right side with philo sounds like a good plan too :D

Thanks for the advice and again for letting me run AK with you and Kagari, got new feet for a whooping +2 DEF +20HP :O

MogCakes

My bone to pick with the trinity requirements for dungeons is that arcanist is considered a DPS, and since my group already has two DPS and a CNJ i'm forced to roll a tank class for dungeons at our level.

Sophia

I really wish Arcanist could heal from the getgo. I could totally keep groups up with Physick until Haukke Manor, at which point you get your class anyhow.

MechaX

It's often hard to accept that when stuff isn't going well, it's your own fault. But I guess if, when you are removed from the equation, the situation immediately improves, it becomes even harder to deny. Congrats to some members of my group going on to beat Ifrit EX on their first few tries in a duty finder group after we wiped to it for 3 hours. Sorry for holding you back.

I... can't believe I'm even going to ask this and I mean absolutely no disrespect. But given the atmosphere of the discussion as of late and when considering that you are one of the best healers in the FC from what I have seen, is this sarcastic?

dcye

What are the recommended macros for DRG? Reached level 50 yesterday and made some progress on the relic quest:

I main a DRG and honestly I don't think you need any at all. Maybe one or two to make your rotation less work and combine your offensive buffs into one click, but as long as you're familiar with tour ideal rotation you should be fine as long as you can adapt quickly and pop off some cooldowns if things go south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom