• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Went in tonight and one-shot Ifrit Extreme. The adjustments I made to allow myself to have less difficulty worked out pretty well. Thanks to Elliott and Qhon for filling out our gaps and helping us win.

Well in good old fashion of our group we one shot Ifrit EM and wipe for 40 minutes on Garuda EM. D:

A boss fight with EX Garuda and an extreme version of Siren would be harder than Twintania.

Our Coil group wiped on her as well and proceeded to burn through Turns 1-4 very easily lol.

Aeana

Stupid thing is that we usually one shot Garuda Extreme. Kinda embarrassing, except for Rag since he plays so rarely that he forgot the strat, and I can't blame him for that.

Rektash

ffxiv_11012014_1021424juza.png

Squenix putting in that heavy work for ex primal weapons!

Lucis

EX Ifrit done, got bow for my bard, since I already have i90 sword/shield for my paladin I don't see a point to get another one.

Pretty excited I can get another one next week, debating what to get

Inversive

Me and a friend (who is also a gaffer) are thinking about getting this, is there a server with loads of gaffers on? Pref EU but whatever.

edit- Looked at player list, i guess Ultros?

Oh and btw, I got my full AF set now and 3 DL accessories. I've also done 2 of the 4 CT quest FATEs, hoping I can do the other two now so I can CT tomorrow. I also downed Ifrit HM on my first try though I didn't get the weapon, and have yet to kill Chimera D:

I want to thank Ravi, Haman, Krael, Kagari, Maple, Elrina and basically everyone else for making everything so eas- I mean smooth so far.

Duress

I finished leveling a character to 50. My guild seems to only do end game content; with the same people. I'd have to play catch up on gear, but I'm too lazy to care. I think I might just change guilds, because they have little or no conversation, besides the game. In the mean time, I'm just going to leveling crafting and class jobs.

so I come back for the free weekend after I had moved and realized the server I had my character on is too far from where i live now and it gets pretty laggy, is there a way to move my character to a closer server?

Now that I'm 30 with my lancer, I can't decide wether to play lancer til 50 or go marauder to 15 and then change to dragoon. Dragoons look so cool though, but I suppose lancer also gets cool skills still. Any tips? :)

Alucrid

Banned
Now that I'm 30 with my lancer, I can't decide wether to play lancer til 50 or go marauder to 15 and then change to dragoon. Dragoons look so cool though, but I suppose lancer also gets cool skills still. Any tips? :)

Dragoon is the same as Lancer except you get a few exclusive skills, stat boost and can only cross-class five skills. No reason to not be a Dragoon asap.

Sophia

Yeah, you should always work towards your Job once you hit 30. There are virtually no drawbacks to having the job and everyone expects it of you in group content.

Beat Garuda EX early this morning three times in a row with a really good group. Those framerate drops on PS3, though. Ridiculous. No settings I can change to fix that.

Nohar

Incoming rant:

So... Just did Stone Vigil with a friend a few minutes ago. He was playing WHM and I was playing SMN.

Long story short: our WAR tank was terribad, unable to keep hate at all, on each boss I had to use Titan-Egi which ended up tanking instead of the WAR (and doing a waaaay better job than him at keeping the hate on itself).
Some random things about our tank:
  • Never used Flash or the AoE War attack.
  • He was level 44... And most of his equipment was level 30 at best. He even won some level 41 gloves that he DIDN'T equip.
  • He pulled with Provoke.
  • Did I mention that my Titan-Egi was doing a better job than him?
I tried to explain to him what he was doing wrong, but he was german.
How come he managed to level-up to 44?!

/rant

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I see they let you make all the UI one size bigger...does that mean you can resize the dialogue windows now?

I see they let you make all the UI one size bigger...does that mean you can resize the dialogue windows now?

I think I made the chat box bigger on PS3 using the free cursor, if that's what you mean.

Incoming rant:

So... Just did Stone Vigil with a friend a few minutes ago. He was playing WHM and I was playing SMN.

Long story short: our WAR tank was terribad, unable to keep hate at all, on each boss I had to use Titan-Egi which ended up tanking instead of the WAR (and doing a waaaay better job than him at keeping the hate on itself).
Some random things about our tank:
  • Never used Flash or the AoE War attack.
  • He was level 44... And most of his equipment was level 30 at best. He even won some level 41 gloves that he DIDN'T equip.
  • He pulled with Provoke.
  • Did I mention that my Titan-Egi was doing a better job than him?
I tried to explain to him what he was doing wrong, but he was german.
How come he managed to level-up to 44?!

/rant

I guess being a bad tank is easier than trying to be a tank that fulfills its role :/ But I feel, as a new player (and with little experience in MMOs), that leveling up your first job is quite easy in this game. You might think that in low level dungeons the tank is more "important" than the DPS for example, but as long as the other 3 out of 4 people know what they are doing you can mostly get things done, from my experience. Of course the Ifrit nails ain't gonna kill themselves, but you get what I mean.

I can't understand not using Overpower though, it's like the number one thing I would think new/bad tanks would abuse lol (I know I did).

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I think I made the chat box bigger on PS3 using the free cursor, if that's what you mean.
No, I mean the dialogue, it's the only thing in the game that you can't resize. The fact that they let you make the other UI bigger in an update but not the dialogue is crazy. Can't read them from my couch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom