• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

Dunno how it's on PS3 but they added a new smaller and a new bigger size with 2.1. Still only allows individual component resizing.
Oh, right. I knew about that. Well, in that case, mattiewheels, the answer to your question is no, you can't resize the dialog box still.

Aeana

Incoming rant:

So... Just did Stone Vigil with a friend a few minutes ago. He was playing WHM and I was playing SMN.

Long story short: our WAR tank was terribad, unable to keep hate at all, on each boss I had to use Titan-Egi which ended up tanking instead of the WAR (and doing a waaaay better job than him at keeping the hate on itself).
Some random things about our tank:
  • Never used Flash or the AoE War attack.
  • He was level 44... And most of his equipment was level 30 at best. He even won some level 41 gloves that he DIDN'T equip.
  • He pulled with Provoke.
  • Did I mention that my Titan-Egi was doing a better job than him?
I tried to explain to him what he was doing wrong, but he was german.
How come he managed to level-up to 44?!

/rant
You had your Titan-Egi out in a party? Even if he was doing a good job, it'd be hard to compete with that, and there's certainly no reason to.

No, I mean the dialogue, it's the only thing in the game that you can't resize. The fact that they let you make the other UI bigger in an update but not the dialogue is crazy. Can't read them from my couch.

Ah, yeah, that kinda sucks :(

You had your Titan-Egi out in a party? Even if he was doing a good job, it'd be hard to compete with that, and there's certainly no reason to.

To be honest this is also true, I remember now I've been in a couple of parties were the moment I left the main objective to pull ads or whatever, Titan-Egi stole it, and it was pretty hard if not near impossible to take it back in certain conditions. Certainly doesn't make life easier for the tank.

Titan-Egi is pretty good if you want to do some dungeons in an unorthodox way. When I was going for my Monk relic and wanted to run AK as one, Kirito and Alena had their Titan-Egis out + no tank. It worked shockingly well. No deaths!

Nohar

I had Ifrit-Egi out first, then it dawn on us quite quickly that the tank wasn't able to keep the hate on any mob (most of the time my WHM friend had the hate and was "tanking" while self-healing, with the WAR unable to get the hate back). We wiped on the first pack, and on several others (with some very bad pull here and there from his part). So, yes, I had Titan-Egi out, because this was the only way we were going to down the bosses and/or to keep the hate away from the healer. Thanksfully, the last member of our team was a BLM, who slept most of the trash, making the fights easier (with Titan-Egi in "Obey" mode in order to avoid waking up the adds with his AoE attack).

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Oh, it's on the lower level now. It looks neat!

lol @ being called a "novice adventurer" while wearing an Ifrit axe and cobalt gear.

Sophia

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

*sobs*

I rolled on the tank gloves in CT thinking the legs wouldn't drop because tank loot never drops in CT for me.

And they dropped.

I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now.

Aeana

Aww, I remember going on some hairy adventures trying to get those crystals in the middle of bumfuck nowhere surrounded by level 75 mobs :p
You won't have that problem in this version. At level 50, no enemies in the wild will pose much threat outside of stuff like FATE bosses.

Sophia

I wish there was more stuff in the world that posed a threat. Once you hit level 45 nothing is really a danger anymore. Imagine if there were level 65+ mobs that could drop extremely low levels of Myth and Philo if killed?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You won't have that problem in this version. At level 50, no enemies in the wild will pose much threat outside of stuff like FATE bosses.

I wish there was more stuff in the world that posed a threat. Once you hit level 45 nothing is really a danger anymore. Imagine if there were level 65+ mobs that could drop extremely low levels of Myth and Philo if killed?

I see. I kinda liked that aspect of being careful about your surroundings in high level areas, because you'd get ganked by a level 75 Peiste loogie. I actually asked them to make the high level mobs drop high level mats back in the 1.0 days.

jWILL253

Banned
Sorry, but I have to vent about SE's horrid account management and customer service.

So, my account has been inactive since the beta ended. I purchased a physical PS3 copy through Amazon, and it arrived in late December. I tried to log in, but the launcher told me there is no valid service account in my profile. So then, I go through the Mog Station, then to Support to try to chat, but since it was amidst the holidays, they just ended up giving me a ticket number. To this day, I still haven't received a response to that original ticket.

Fast-forward to yesterday. I see an online article (I think it was Kotaku) with the headline "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Free for Inactive Players This Weekend Only". So, I think to myself, "Cool, I might be able to actually play this game now." So, I tried to log in this morning, and my account is still inactive. This time, I go directly to SE Support, and selected "Chat Support", only to find out that their chat service only operates Mon-Fri.

So now, I have to wait to even talk to support to reactivate my account, which renders the free log-in period useless for me. I refuse to send a ticket since it's been about a month since I received the first ticket that they never followed-up on.

Fuck you, SE. Fuck you right to hell. I spent hard-earned money on this game, only for you to make it impossible to play due to reasons. There are smaller game publishers, let alone smaller online-focused companies in general, that handle account systems and customer service much better while dealing with 10x as many users. This is inexcusable...

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Argh, I can't use the Limsa ferry until I complete the story quests? Bleh. I assume I can't use the airships too?

Can I at least call my chocobo, or do I have to do that quest all over again too?

Teknoman

Im right on the edge of the final story missions, but should I go ahead and try to get ranked up GC wise, or hit level 50 before going on the Castrum assault?

Sophia

Im right on the edge of the final story missions, but should I go ahead and try to get ranked up GC wise, or hit level 50 before going on the Castrum assault?

You need to hit 50 to do the final two story dungeons (and thus the story's finale), so you might as well. Also highest GC rank weapons that are useful til you get your Relic or Primal weapon.

Argh, I can't use the Limsa ferry until I complete the story quests? Bleh. I assume I can't use the airships too?

Can I at least call my chocobo, or do I have to do that quest all over again too?

You might be able to use the Chocobo, but you need to complete the story up to a certain point for airship.

Reknoc

You'll need to hit 50 to do the last story instances. Ranking up your GC should help with the increased dungeon exp as it'll have you go in Darkhold and Aurum Vale.

MechaX

So close to unlocking Garuda-Egi on my SMN alt. Now I don't have to worry about switching back to Carbuncle in Low Level Duty Roulette (at least I think).

All I need is the Grimoire Weiss primal weapon and the CT mage body, and all will be complete (for vanity).

Teknoman

You need to hit 50 to do the final two story dungeons (and thus the story's finale), so you might as well. Also highest GC rank weapons that are useful til you get your Relic or Primal weapon.

You'll need to hit 50 to do the last story instances. Ranking up your GC should help with the increased dungeon exp as it'll have you go in Darkhold and Aurum Vale.

Got it. Guess it's duty roulette time when I get back.

Nose Master

What's the point of primal weapons? To get Relic, you grind through the HMs to get it. So a "good" weapon drop will last you all of two fights at most?

Ken

What's the point of primal weapons? To get Relic, you grind through the HMs to get it. So a "good" weapon drop will last you all of two fights at most?

HMs used to take a while to beat. It wasn't uncommon to spend at least a week struggling on Titan HM so the weapon would come in handy in all the other content that didn't involve smashing your face against him.

Under "mounts", it says I got nuttin'

*sad face*

Imma make an alt on Ultros real quick to see what y'all are up to.

You need to re-use the chocobo whistle to get your bird. If the whistle isn't in your inventory its probably on the Calamity Salvager, an npc that holds items that overflowed from the result of them shrinking the inventory.

And hey! Long time no see!

Quick question

I got the CE of this game and entered the code in to the launcher when I installed it and it mentioned I got some items for it.

I have done, like, two quests and can't figure out where I access these items, if I can right now at all.

Ken

Quick question

I got the CE of this game and entered the code in to the launcher when I installed it and it mentioned I got some items for it.

I have done, like, two quests and can't figure out where I access these items, if I can right now at all.

Find a Delivery Moogle in one of the main cities.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
You need to re-use the chocobo whistle to get your bird. If the whistle isn't in your inventory its probably on the Calamity Salvager, an npc that holds items that overflowed from the result of them shrinking the inventory.

And hey! Long time no see!

Lisa needs braces!

Hm, I'm running around Ultros in an alt right now, I'll check out this so called "calamity salvager" in a bit.

gatti-man

Sorry, but I have to vent about SE's horrid account management and customer service.

So, my account has been inactive since the beta ended. I purchased a physical PS3 copy through Amazon, and it arrived in late December. I tried to log in, but the launcher told me there is no valid service account in my profile. So then, I go through the Mog Station, then to Support to try to chat, but since it was amidst the holidays, they just ended up giving me a ticket number. To this day, I still haven't received a response to that original ticket.

Fast-forward to yesterday. I see an online article (I think it was Kotaku) with the headline "Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Free for Inactive Players This Weekend Only". So, I think to myself, "Cool, I might be able to actually play this game now." So, I tried to log in this morning, and my account is still inactive. This time, I go directly to SE Support, and selected "Chat Support", only to find out that their chat service only operates Mon-Fri.

So now, I have to wait to even talk to support to reactivate my account, which renders the free log-in period useless for me. I refuse to send a ticket since it's been about a month since I received the first ticket that they never followed-up on.

Fuck you, SE. Fuck you right to hell. I spent hard-earned money on this game, only for you to make it impossible to play due to reasons. There are smaller game publishers, let alone smaller online-focused companies in general, that handle account systems and customer service much better while dealing with 10x as many users. This is inexcusable...

I submitted a ticket a few weeks back. Received an answer in 24hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom