• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see Square Enix still fails miserably in the web design department.

Does anyone know how to cancel my account so I don't get billed in 3 days? I'm in their website, and cannot for the life of me figure out which one of the 20 gibberish links to click so that it doesn't bill me again. I found something where it lists my Billing Cycle as 30 days, and my payment method as Credit Card, but clicking "Update" on either of those doesn't provide an option to cancel.

Sophia

I see Square Enix still fails miserably in the web design department.

Does anyone know how to cancel my account so I don't get billed in 3 days? I'm in their website, and cannot for the life of me figure out which one of the 20 gibberish links to click so that it doesn't bill me again. I found something where it lists my Billing Cycle as 30 days, and my payment method as Credit Card, but clicking "Update" on either of those doesn't provide an option to cancel.

Sophia

Also, I see the elitists are out in full force. Unsurprisingly, said person is missing tanks....

ffxiv44uyp.png

I think I'm gonna make it a mission to help as many non-jerks as I can in the party finder.

It's better here Rain, things don't cost zillions of gil lol.

On a serious note I understand why Legacy folks didn't want to give up all the stuff they did in Sarg. But for me this game was too different to start at max level, and I wasn't gonna start over on a Legacy server where the economy was set in stone and everyone else was leveled. They changed too much for it to feel right starting at max level for me.

kiryogi

Banned
Folks have every right to that standard if they formed the party. It's understandable considering they're looking for a farm, not hours upon hours of failure. Just go join another party.

kiryogi

Banned
It's better here Rain, things don't cost zillions of gil lol.

On a serious note I understand why Legacy folks didn't want to give up all the stuff they did in Sarg. But for me this game was too different to start at max level, and I wasn't gonna start over on a Legacy server where the economy was set in stone and everyone else was leveled. They changed too much for it to feel right starting at max level for me.

Things don't cost a zillion of gil here either.(aside from housing but that's diving bombing as we speak) In fact as it stands, there's really no difference between legacy and non legacy now besides minor economic differences. The market absolutely crashed came 2.1

creyas

******* game isn't working. Thought i'd pop in to look around a bit with the 'free' weekend, but it always just stops working after pressing Start. Reinstalled (copied old files), deleted the folder from My Games, rebooted, installed full DX9 runtime, didn't help. Guess i'll have to try redownloading the whole game overnight.

edit: It was Afterburner (or probably the monitoring app).

Mupod

Also, I see the elitists are out in full force. Unsurprisingly, said person is missing tanks....

tanks have an extremely annoying job on that fight and the fending ring is worthless, so they get nothing out of doing it more than once per week (if they've cleared all 3 primals before). So it's probably that, since it was recently proven that Ultros can't read and it doesn't matter what you put in the description.

at any rate, party finder is where dreams go to die.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Got both archer and conjurer up to level 20. I like both depending on what I want to do. If I want to do Fates and be left well enough alone I'll go archer, if I want to run dungeons I'm going conjurer. When they're 30 I'll start leveling up the other classes that will have some helpful abilities to complement bards and white mages.

In the main story, I'm getting close to the point where I'll have to choose a grand company to join. Is there a huge difference in which one I pick? In terms of gear, if I get into raiding will the gear from that supersede a lot of what's available from the GCs in the long run?

Also, with some of the leves I've been getting, I think I should make a "/beckon" macro. =p

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Don't believe the boat required a pass.
It says I can't take the boat.
No longer? There never was a way (unless they had it in 1.0 and removed it one of the early patches).

Those regions have never been connected by land.
Oh yeah, that's right, I'm remembering it wrong. For some reason I thought that there used to be a side path to Mor Dhona from La Noscea /shrug

Stuart444

Just joined a GC, now to get seals. A run or two of Halatali should do for a couple in the Hunting Log.

Can't wait to get myself a mount. Will make traveling a lot easier :D

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
In the main story, I'm getting close to the point where I'll have to choose a grand company to join. Is there a huge difference in which one I pick? In terms of gear, if I get into raiding will the gear from that supersede a lot of what's available from the GCs in the long run?

Ul'dah is more Magic
Limsa is towards Tanking
Gridania is towards DPS

This is for set bonuses:
http://accomp.me/ffxiv/ffxiv-arr-grand-companies/

Kule

Wow, just got out of a CT instance with my FC and it was one of the worst experiences i've had in a game. Our group was almost all ilvl 80-90, experienced and mostly ex XI players.
We were team A which as far as i'm aware is supposed to main tank bosses, well.. that didn't happen and at every opportunity team C would try and pull agro or not do their task while also insulting our main tank and flicking the target icons on/off our party.

It's just kinda sad to see this behaviour and I just hope it's down to the free weekend.

Ken

Wow, just got out of a CT instance with my FC and it was one of the worst experiences i've had in a game. Our group was almost all ilvl 80-90, experienced and mostly ex XI players.
We were team A which as far as i'm aware is supposed to main tank bosses, well.. that didn't happen and at every opportunity team C would try and pull agro or not do their task while also insulting our main tank and flicking the target icons on/off our party.

It's just kinda sad to see this behaviour and I just hope it's down to the free weekend.

No? It's usually whoever volunteers. Although I think with the Thanatos boss, Alliance A should pull cause they usually go ghost first?

Alucrid

Banned

that's not at all true

Kule

The way they were acting was similar to what i've seen in LoL and Dota. I agree that Team A doesn't have to take lead but Team C never said they wanted to main tank anything so we assumed it was our duty. Every CT run i've been in Team A just automatically took lead.

Ken

The way they were acting was similar to what i've seen in LoL and Dota. I agree that Team A doesn't have to take lead but Team C never said they wanted to main tank anything so we assumed it was our duty. Every CT run i've been in Team A just automatically took lead.

Sounds like a combination of miscommunciation and C being jerks.

Sophia

No? It's usually whoever volunteers. Although I think with the Thanatos boss, Alliance A should pull cause they usually go ghost first?

Yeah Alliance A should pull on Thanatos boss. They go first every time I've seen. Beyond that, it doesn't matter who tanks and it's just up to volunteers/whoever has the highest HP.

This is the kind of thing you stop and sort out before the first boss, that way there are no misconceptions.

So today I filled in as healer for Bara's group since their other healer was on vacation...first time I ever healed Coil (Been doing it as SMN the past 3 weeks) and I was sooooo bad. I know first time and all but I felt really bad for my many mistakes. Any healers have any tips for Coil? I have a little more time in the week now so I will probably have better luck gearing both my WHM alt and my main.

Ugh, darn you Dreadnaught...=/

Thanks Bara, Zan, Yaotzin, Galen, Ashlin, Takato and Nin for letting me tag along. Good luck to your group!

Isaccard

So today I filled in as healer for Bara's group since their other healer was on vacation...first time I ever healed Coil (Been doing it as SMN the past 3 weeks) and I was sooooo bad. I know first time and all but I felt really bad for my many mistakes. Any healers have any tips for Coil? I have a little more time in the week now so I will probably have better luck gearing both my WHM alt and my main.

Ugh, darn you Dreadnaught...=/

Thanks Bara, Zan, Yaotzin, Galen, Ashlin, Takato and Nin for letting me tag along. Good luck to your group!

Whoops, read too fast. Cleric Stance would've answered my question though

klee123

ffxiv44uyp.png

I think I'm gonna make it a mission to help as many non-jerks as I can in the party finder.

Yeah I see that on pf every time I check party finder. Even if I knew the fight back to front, I would not quest with them. If you check the character out, you'll see that he/she is lvl 50 for all classes as well.

Mupod

at every opportunity team C would try and pull agro or not do their task while also insulting our main tank and flicking the target icons on/off our party.

As others have said I've never heard of any rule that A has to MT, but this section of your post describes what nearly every single CT is like. You have to let the pugs do what they want or they will throw tantrums and ruin everything.

you can try to communicate, and it's worked for me a few times, but just as often they get defensive and rev up the tank epeen stroking engine instead.

The dungeon is still easy enough that you can generally work around it, sometimes even if they are outright trying to sabotage you. But god help us all if they decide to use this same format for later dungeons that are actually difficult.

dramatis

What happens when two 8-man parties do treasure in the same place at the same time with the same mobs.

Nice to meet you, Rentahamster. Remiel thinks you should go serious with your alt on Ultros :) Hope to see you around again sometime.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Nice to meet you, Rentahamster. Remiel thinks you should go serious with your alt on Ultros :) Hope to see you around again sometime.
You too~ Thanks for being such a helpful tourguide :D

Oh Remi, hehe. I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around anywhere after the weekend is up, but I'll be poking my head in on all the servers where people I know went to.

Sophia

How exactly are you suppose to survive Wicked Wheel on Garuda EX? Every piece of advice I see on it is contradictory, it's improbable to run out of it, and Sentinel doesn't seem to work alone.

Ken

How exactly are you suppose to survive Wicked Wheel on Garuda EX? Every piece of advice I see on it is contradictory, it's improbable to run out of it, and Sentinel doesn't seem to work alone.

As a tank? I usually eat them with a cooldown just fine.

Sentinel? lol Either way, you have to be topped + Stoneskin.

That's why I like more when you tank Chirada + Garuda. Don't know why is not the standard.

Because giving Suparna to the OT means the melee on OT's add has to dodge that too.

Because giving Suparna to the OT means the melee on OT's add has to dodge that too.

Seeing how dangerous is double wicked wheel, unless you're packed with melees I don't know why not go with Chirada + Garuda. They just have to stay away after Slipstream, wait for whicked wheel, and enjoy DPSing until death. Unless your DPS sucks you'll kill her fast enough before they change positions.

Make life way easier for both healers and tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom