• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
All these abilities on my character have become quite foreign. Are there any helpful guides you would recommend to get me up to speed on how the battle system has changed since 1.0?

Teknoman

Renta should, its been awhile. Also totally forgot that Dental Plan was Super Lurker.

I wonder what happened to Notworksafe or Londa...

All these abilities on my character have become quite foreign. Are there any helpful guides you would recommend to get me up to speed on how the battle system has changed since 1.0?

Thats part of the reason I started from scratch.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Renta should, its been awhile. Also totally forgot that Dental Plan was Super Lurker.

I wonder what happened to Notworksafe or Londa...

Thats part of the reason I started from scratch.

Dunno where NWS is now, but Londa was never on Lindblum with the rest of us.

Ken

Seeing how dangerous is double wicked wheel, unless you're packed with melees I don't know why not go with Chirada + Garuda. They just have to stay away after Slipstream, wait for whicked wheel, and enjoy DPSing until death. Unless your DPS sucks you'll kill her fast enough before they change positions.

Make life way easier for both healers and tanks.

I don't know. I've done 7 minute Garuda kills doing Suparna + Garuda with a monk and it worked just fine. I've also killed it with Chirada + Garuda so I'm sure both ways are equally viable. I've done the fight as a MNK a few times and I really do prefer Suparna + Garuda.

Fuck yes turn 5 complete, 3 different FC's come together to complete it. Everyone here it was their first time to complete it. (I lost out on the tank helm T.T)

Time it's time for me to finally sleep.

qd3iveo.jpg

2TdSfPv.jpg

PUfHspw.jpg

Congrats! It's a great feeling that first time, for sure.

Thanks man, it took us an hour to beat he after we wiped on 1%, I can say I've never felt so destroyed than losing at that time. lol

Anyways, this is actually a big deal since there are only 3 FC's on my server(Goblin) that have beat Twin.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Thanks man, it took us an hour to beat he after we wiped on 1%, I can say I've never felt so destroyed than losing at that time. lol

Anyways, this is actually a big deal since there are only 3 FC's on my server(Goblin) that have beat Twin.

What server are you on?

Ixian

Holy shit Titan EX down finally! As a bard I have that fight pretty easy but my mind is a bit frazzled from grinding it all day and at night the past week when I got home from work. Now to try to get Ifrit EX win before reset.

BadRNG

In the main story, I'm getting close to the point where I'll have to choose a grand company to join. Is there a huge difference in which one I pick? In terms of gear, if I get into raiding will the gear from that supersede a lot of what's available from the GCs in the long run?
Quests are identical between GCs, and the gear is not important at all, only worthwhile thing at 50 is the weapon which are identical besides secondary stats and will likely be replaced within a week of hitting 50.

Just go with whichever you like most aesthetically.

Seeing how dangerous is double wicked wheel, unless you're packed with melees I don't know why not go with Chirada + Garuda. They just have to stay away after Slipstream, wait for whicked wheel, and enjoy DPSing until death. Unless your DPS sucks you'll kill her fast enough before they change positions.
Chirada has a move called Downburst that hits harder than Wicked Wheel, so if issue is MT dying doing Chirada with Garuda will just make matters worse. Key is simply good cooldown use along with healers ald/SSing, regardless of with sister is tanked with Garuda.

Lol, I'm such a newb, but I completed the first FULL PARTY instance today. Most of the pug was newbs, too, so we all wiped a few times before we got it. I found it incredibly fun, though. I enjoy how the gameplay is steadily introduced at intervals in this game; makes it challenging.

Rektash

Guessing they favor the stats WHM want like DET.

In the case of allagan belt and cleric gloves they preferred spellspeed > crit rate. Why would you ever favour more hps at the cost of mana (spellspeed) over more hps without any attached mana cost (det/crit). Makes sense in pvp maybe? In PvE I don't see how you would want spell speed. Mana is already an issue when going full det/crit in quite a few endgame fights, by going spellspeed you'd only make WHMs mana issues more pressing.

Aeana

In the case of allagan belt and cleric gloves they preferred spell speed > crit rate. Why would you ever favour bigger heals at the cost of mana (spell speed) over bigger heals without any attached mana cost (det/crit).
The average returns from crit on WHM are very erratic and not at all reliable, and there's no really major benefit to crit for WHM like there is for SCH (like the 3x adlouium shield on adloquium crits). The returns from spell speed aren't that great, either, but they are at least constant. It is, of course, personal preference. Determination is dramatically better than either stat because it directly factors into the cure formula and becomes even better the more mind you have.

BLCKATK

Got all 3 Extreme Primals down finally. I've completed all the endgame encounters now, pretty pumped about that. Can't wait to do Turns 1-5 on Monday!

Rektash

The average returns from crit on WHM are very erratic and not at all reliable, and there's no really major benefit to crit for WHM like there is for SCH (like the 3x adlouium shield on adloquium crits). The returns from spell speed aren't that great, either, but they are at least constant. It is, of course, personal preference. Determination is dramatically better than either stat because it directly factors into the cure formula and becomes even better the more mind you have.

My main issue with spellspeed is that it comes at a cost: your mana. Det/Crit are basically free bigger heals.

Agree on the det part though, it certainly is the best secondary stat to go for as WHM.

Just level your new job on your new character from 1 to 50. The game does a very good job of teaching you how to play your role through the various dungeons you'll clear on the way to 50.

kiryogi

Banned
Just level your new job on your new character from 1 to 50. The game does a very good job of teaching you how to play your role through the various dungeons you'll clear on the way to 50.

Lol not really. Unless you do Guildhests. There's really no massive check in this game during main scenario until endgame like Garuda and Titan Hard mode and that right there is a brutal wake up call. Brayflox is like a minor healer check, and Stone Vigil requires a little competence? otherwise nope.

Lol not really. Unless you do Guildhests. There's really no massive check in this game during main scenario until endgame like Garuda and Titan Hard mode and that right there is a brutal wake up call. Brayflox is like a minor healer check, and Stone Vigil requires a little competence? otherwise nope.

You should try leveling a new character from 1 to 50 and then come back and tell me that.

Brayflox teaches the party not to stand in stuff and the tank to avoid red squares. Qarn is a strong first test of party willingness to learn and follow mechanics. Cutter's Cry is similar. Then Dzamael Darkhold and Stone Vigil also have new mechanics, and then Aurum Vale which is a real challenge for a leveling dungeon, and the last story dungeons. After that, there are very strict mechanics in AK and WP, most people just ignore the mechanics and brute force those dungeons these days but I remember at launch when I was a fresh 50 trying like hell to clear the Demon Wall and actually follow it's mechanics and it was not trivial in full AF. It took me more tries than I cared to admit to down the Demon Wall my very first time.

After that, both Chimera and Hydra are the first to really have multiple party wipe mechanics so you learn pretty fast to do something or else. They get you ready for the HM Primals basically.

Eusis

Logged back in due to the free weekend, saw none of my quests were in the immediate area, and decided to jump off for now.

In case I resubscribe in the near future (I was going to wait on PS4 release, but with servers segregated I probably won't) how IS the Free Compansy situation on Ultros now? I know GAF was constantly full, but I'm wondering if that's still an issue or if it's now more about purging inactive users?

kiryogi

Banned
You should try leveling a new character from 1 to 50 and then come back and tell me that.

Brayflox teaches the party not to stand in stuff and the tank to avoid red squares. Qarn is a strong first test of party willingness to learn and follow mechanics. Cutter's Cry is similar. Then Dzamael Darkhold and Stone Vigil also have new mechanics, and then Aurum Vale which is a real challenge for a leveling dungeon, and the last story dungeons. After that, there are very strict mechanics in AK and WP, most people just ignore the mechanics and brute force those dungeons these days but I remember at launch when I was a fresh 50 trying like hell to clear the Demon Wall and actually follow it's mechanics and it was not trivial in full AF. It took me more tries than I cared to admit to down the Demon Wall my very first time.

After that, both Chimera and Hydra are the first to really have multiple party wipe mechanics so you learn pretty fast to do something or else. They get you ready for the HM Primals basically.

Every dungeon you listed outside of Vigil and Brayflox is optional. And I have, it's called FATE parties on my alt. I'm not gonna deal with the idiocy that is DF randomness. Demon wall is a little bit of a check, but nothing as harsh reality as primals. Titan is when all the drama started. That said, AK and WP ARE endgame dungeons, something the main scenario doesn't really prepare you for once again unless you mess with Guildhests.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Is there any use for my dated rings and crap? Can they still gain spiritbond and then I can turn them into materia? Or should I just dump em?

Logged back in due to the free weekend, saw none of my quests were in the immediate area, and decided to jump off for now.

In case I resubscribe in the near future (I was going to wait on PS4 release, but with servers segregated I probably won't) how IS the Free Compansy situation on Ultros now? I know GAF was constantly full, but I'm wondering if that's still an issue or if it's now more about purging inactive users?

They usually purge a bunch of inactive people but it isn't hard to get back in if they let you go. There is plenty of space right now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom