• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJIzana

Just did my first run of Coils. Managed to tank it after many attempts and some pretty awesome people with great patience. Never played a tank in any MMO and to do that successfully was pretty awesome and a lot of fun!

Looking forward to doing this a lot more on Turn 1 now that I've got that on farm status. :D

Kenai

Titan EX down! Thanks to everyone who stayed up past their bedtime for one last try.

I'll never call it easy, but I definitely spent less time wiping on it than HM.

DJIzana

Titan EX down! Thanks to everyone who stayed up past their bedtime for one last try.

I'll never call it easy, but I definitely spent less time wiping on it than HM.

I'm pretty jelly... after doing Coil, that's all I have left to do. Is Titan Ex and Ifrit Ex then I'll be done until 2.2. xD

Not sure if this has been asked, but what would be the best type of Chocobo for a Pugilist/Monk.

Been taking breaks trying out Miner, Leatherwork, and Weaver, but I think I'm gonna get try and get Monk and continue the story.

Kenai

Thanks for having more bad luck than me and canceling out my healing ring luck to get me my aiming ring. <3

Anytime!

I'm pretty jelly... after doing Coil, that's all I have left to do. Is Titan Ex and Ifrit Ex then I'll be done until 2.2. xD

If I can do it you most certainly can as well (Roe fat tax on bomb range n all that, it's a thing!). As I said, I'll never call it easy, but a lot of the mechanics are really similar to HM so I got caught up quicker. A lot of it was just me wiping so much on HM that I can react to it automatically since i really don't remember the exact order and still don't, bombs plumes slides ect. The "new" mechanics usually gave me plenty of time to react to them (the wind up, the Gaol line, Egi mini landslides, new bomb patterns).

Beware the "nacho cheese stains "on the ground though, that killed me right at the end since I had no idea what they did and never asked til I tried to move out of a Landslide while in one...

Ken

Not sure if this has been asked, but what would be the best type of Chocobo for a Pugilist/Monk.

Been taking breaks trying out Miner, Leatherwork, and Weaver, but I think I'm gonna get try and get Monk and continue the story.

Choose the one with the most appealing Chocobo AF armor at rank 10.

DPS (DRG), Tank (Tin Can), Healer (WHM).

Aeana

To those who don't regularly visit the Ultros FC site or check the login message in the game, a thread has been posted on the Guildwork site about the housing situation. I want to encourage everybody to weigh in with their honest feelings. We are listening. If you can't view the thread, it means you probably haven't applied on the site, so do so and your application should be accepted shortly.

Quick note, I haven't been given an invite to join yet, unless it's something I can't get at low levels (also unless it's that "North America" invite I have seen and couldn't figure out if it was GAF). I'm on Ultros and my character name is Narim Ankh.

So, I've been actually enjoying this game a lot, even under level-15. But now that I've defeated the Golem boss, I feel like soloing big monsters is getting to be more and more difficult. Is it just my class (Lancer) or because I'm in a weird transitory state of being strong enough for some big things but not many big things in the area?

I needed a game that let me bury myself in it and make Final Fantasy sounds at me and this ended up being a good game, too. I'm pretty happy.

Sophia

You'll get stronger. You're at a weird transitional area in regards to leveling, and you probably have no cross-class skills. Make sure you're keeping your gear up to date and doing your class quests too, as you're playing a DPS class.

Quick note, I haven't been given an invite to join yet, unless it's something I can't get at low levels (also unless it's that "North America" invite I have seen and couldn't figure out if it was GAF). I'm on Ultros and my character name is Narim Ankh.

So, I've been actually enjoying this game a lot, even under level-15. But now that I've defeated the Golem boss, I feel like soloing big monsters is getting to be more and more difficult. Is it just my class (Lancer) or because I'm in a weird transitory state of being strong enough for some big things but not many big things in the area?

I needed a game that let me bury myself in it and make Final Fantasy sounds at me and this ended up being a good game, too. I'm pretty happy.

make an account on the guild work site as well. Otherwise an officer will invite you to the fc. There isn't a level requirement I believe. If there is, it might be that you have to be level 10. Not sure

Sophia

There's no level requirement; You can be invited at level 1. :p

Well I guess you have to complete the first two quests so you can see and communicate with other players, but yeah... >.>

Also woohoo. Veteran Rewards:

ffxiv_01132014_0417049xp4m.jpg

Yu Narukami

I don't know if I should continue playing this game. I played it since beta, but now I have no fun anymore playing it. All I do is cap myths, that's it. I still have 3 weeks of subscription and if I stopped playing, I feel like I would miss on gear. Frankely, it's my only motivation right now.

I don't know if I should continue playing this game. I played it since beta, but now I have no fun anymore playing it. All I do is cap myths, that's it. I still have 3 weeks of subscription and if I stopped playing, I feel like I would miss on gear. Frankely, it's my only motivation right now.

Do you have a Coil group?

Tash

The team is currently looking into an option to "skip all" cutscenes. The team has also been looking into a better incorporation of Chocobo Companions including allowing you to register for Duty Finder while having your companion out, as well as riding your companion while he's called. While the timing for these hasn't been decided we'll keep you aware when we hear more.

Small stuff but this will be nice-to-have. Especially the freaking skip for cut-scenes. Why they only implemented that skip for "transport" cut-scenes is beyond me -.-

The development team actually had the idea to allow players to queue up for the Duty Roulette as a party since the planning stages of this feature, and they are currently working on this. We&#8217;ll be sure to keep you updated on the implementation timing as development progresses.

The development team is aware that loot in Crystal Tower is automatically being given to the last player remaining in the battlefield after all of the other party members have exited. They will be making adjustments to this in patch 2.15.

For me, endgame became a lot more fun after I got into a Coil group. That isn't honestly easy for a lot of folks and if you've gotten bored of all the available content and you aren't into crafting/gathering, there's no harm in taking a break. Often times though when I'm bored, I find just chewing the fat with people in the FC can stimulate me just as well. It's not fun to see FC folks leave the game though

Reknoc

I felt like that a while back, taking a break really helped. I kept my sub and logged in for the seasonals though.

Feeling like I'm probably do that again soon. Logging in but not really having the motivation to do anything but chat in the FC and even then I end up alt-tabbing out to do something else.

Sophia

Finding a good FC is the key to not getting bored. If you've got people you care about and are willing to help them, then you always have some degree of motivation to play. Having a regular coil group is an extension of that.

Stuart444

The development team actually had the idea to allow players to queue up for the Duty Roulette as a party since the planning stages of this feature, and they are currently working on this. We&#8217;ll be sure to keep you updated on the implementation timing as development progresses.-

I hope that is implemented soon. I'm almost always in a party (except for story solo missions) so having this option would be great.

Did you join that North American FC? If so, leave it so you can be invited.

Besides that. You also need to message an officer/leader while online. (And register/apply with the guild site).

http://neogaf.guildwork.com/recruitment

Officers/leaders are at the bottom of the page ^

Teletraan1

Banned
Sorry to ignite a "carry" discussion shitstorm a few pages back, I dropped that comment and then didn't come back to this thread for a while (playing a lot of Don't Starve) but I read a lot of the responses and debate and maybe it was good to talk about because some people might not even be aware they are doing something until its brought up. Not going to drudge it up again.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So um... I was going to take it easy this week but I got invited to do all three extreme primals this morning. Got that out the way quick @_@.

studyguy

Comon Tanaka, just give me my god damn tanking accessories already.
Just do it. I want to run other classes through Coil already. Praise be to his name.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Man, where and when are these parties forming? Seems like you're on Loop 3 for the EM Primals.

Anything on a weekly reset timer goes early in the week.

The most capable parties knock out the EM primals and coil early on to free up the rest of the week. If you wait until the weekend to do primals or pug a coil group, you are getting the scraps for the most part.

Sucks being at a job Monday morning when the real good stuff happens, but at least I can knock out coil on Mondays.

Torquill

Comon Tanaka, just give me my god damn tanking accessories already.
Just do it. I want to run other classes through Coil already. Praise be to his name.
May his name burn for eternity.

I have run coil since Nov. in that time I have seen exactly 2 DRG useables drop and one of those was a BP I no longer need. I have also run CT 13 times and have never seen a single tank drop the entire time.

In short. I've basically been completely fucked on raid drops for months. This is why pure random is so fucking awful. If it wasn't for myth I would have made no gear progress at all, still be in DL, and prolly rage quit by now.

The most capable parties knock out the EM primals and coil early on to free up the rest of the week. If you wait until the weekend to do primals or pug a coil group, you are getting the scraps for the most part.

Sucks being at a job Monday morning when the real good stuff happens, but at least I can knock out coil on Mondays.

Well darn, this intrigues me, I should try pugging Coil as my WHM character since Sunday and Monday are my days off.

studyguy

I have run coil since Nov. in that time I have seen exactly 2 DRG useables drop and one of those was a BP I no longer need. I have also run CT 13 times and have never seen a single tank drop the entire time.

In short. I've basically been completely fucked on raid drops for months. This is why pure random is so fucking awful. If it wasn't for myth I would have made no gear progress at all, still be in DL, and prolly rage quit by now.

Praise him long enough and you'll get what you want, eventually.
Maybe.

chrono01

This I why I'm glad to have a Static capable of doing Coil [Turn 1-4] as well as the EM Primal's [which we'll likely complete tonight], so we can dedicate the rest of our raiding week towards clearing Turn 5. We're making progress, albeit slowly.

We will get there!

Mairu

It'd be nice if Coil gave some sort of tiny alternative currency that after a month of running or something you could pick up an item. The randomness gets pretty irritating. We've never seen the tank shield/chest from turn 1 or the tank belt/bracer/necklace drop but I feel worse for the two bards in our group since they've seen even fewer drops in the months we've been doing Coil for. Our BLM/DRG are more than set though and every week we seem to get another MNK/BLM piece that either goes to someone random or rotts as we all leave.

Lucis

Man I really wish I had a good group to do stuff, after beating everything in pug once (except t5), thinking about pugging again for this week makes me sad, any group need a tank? ;/
i83 (will prob be 84 or 85 this week) have done everything except t5 in df/pf successfully.

Ken

Myth Tomes?

He probably means another currency that lets you spend it on Coil gear, based off his latter post of not ever seeing certain Coil drops. I kind of agree with him as I have no issues with circumventing RNG. Maybe make a new set of gear that has the same stats as Allagan but different looks that you can redeem with Coilbux in case you offended RNG somewhere in life. Different stats would work too I guess, but I'll not doubt SE's abilities to make more strange gear with Breakblade levels of stat-distribution (it would also make the whole thing redundant haha...).

Alucrid

Banned
This I why I'm glad to have a Static capable of doing Coil [Turn 1-4] as well as the EM Primal's [which we'll likely complete tonight], so we can dedicate the rest of our raiding week towards clearing Turn 5. We're making progress, albeit slowly.

We will get there!

I just want my groups' internet connections to hold out tonight so we can clear 1-5 tonight and then EM primals tomorrow.

chrono01

I just want my groups' internet connections to hold out tonight so we can clear 1-5 tonight and then EM primals tomorrow.
I wish you luck!

Occasionally we have Internet issues among our group, as well, so I know the pain, especially on Monday where it seems to be worse. Here's hoping this week is better!

studyguy

I'm considering telling our group to avoid Mondays.
It's more like every Mon is the primetime for instance servers getting hammered, 90k's left and right last week. Hopefully the hotfix nipped it.

Aeana

I'm considering telling our group to avoid Mondays.
It's more like every Mon is the primetime for instance servers getting hammered, 90k's left and right last week. Hopefully the hotfix nipped it.
Well, even despite instance load, we have some people in our group whose internet connections have a difficult time holding. :(

He probably means another currency that lets you spend it on Coil gear, based off his latter post of not ever seeing certain Coil drops. I kind of agree with him as I have no issues with circumventing RNG. Maybe make a new set of gear that has the same stats as Allagan but different looks that you can redeem with Coilbux in case you offended RNG somewhere in life. Different stats would work too I guess, but I'll not doubt SE's abilities to make more strange gear with Breakblade levels of stat-distribution (it would also make the whole thing redundant haha...).
The thing is that Myth gear is supposed to fill in for that. It actually doesn't because of the different stats, but it seems to be the intention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom