• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I have a Coil group as SMN but I figured it'd be too hard to have two Coil groups so as my WHM character, I've been pugging Coil. Turns 1 and 2 have been pretty easy but Turn 4 is...gonna be intimidating. First off, am I geared enough for it? Here is my equipment:

Weapon: Thyrus (Not Zenith)
Head: CT head
Body: CT body
Belt: Hero's Belt
Legs: Myth
Feet: Alagan
Gloves: Alagan
Neck: DL
Earrings: DL
Wrist: DL
Ring: DL
Ring: Hero's Ring

I've done it enough as dps to know how the fight goes but any tips as healer?

gatti-man

So, I have a Coil group as SMN but I figured it'd be too hard to have two Coil groups so as my WHM character, I've been pugging Coil. Turns 1 and 2 have been pretty easy but Turn 4 is...gonna be intimidating. First off, am I geared enough for it? Here is my equipment:

Watch your healer aggro on the final stage. Our healers did it at i80. It really wasn't that bad on them since our dps was strong enough to kill all bugs but the 2nd wave.

The group needs to know the fight. Tell us what happens if you don't get through and we can help.

Teletraan1

Banned
Have fun guys

lol

I had a DF CT today that found me a group as I was on my way to do some beastmen tribe quests. I didnt actually get into the group until I was done 6 quests since someone withdrew often before I could even accept. I hate to say it but they almost need to put a short deserter debuff on you for withdrawing because I have a feeling a tank was just trolling it by joining and withdrawing over and over.

Noi

Crystal Tower

c9gquJN.png

Watch your healer aggro on the final stage. Our healers did it at i80. It really wasn't that bad on them since our dps was strong enough to kill all bugs but the 2nd wave.

The group needs to know the fight. Tell us what happens if you don't get through and we can help.

Yeah healing aggro had been the cause of my deaths so far. I am working on that at least but I just hope to pug a group that at least knows the fight at least.

Ahhh CT, the love is gone for that place. Both of my characters can't get any upgrades for the main job so I feel like grabbing whatever MNK or BRD gear I don't have and retiring from CT until next week.

nikos

Hey guys, can anyone help me choose between gear for my WHM?

I just got Ultima Choker of Healing (Mind+11, Determination+7, Spell Speed +14).

Had Astral Choker (Intelligence+9, Mind+9, Accuracy+12, Spell Speed+9) with Vitality+9 and Crit+12 melded.

Which should I go with?

EDIT: Also have the DL necklace (Mind+9, Piety+8, Spell Speed+9).

rykomatsu

dude, you're ilvl is the same as mine...

don't heal during transitions
don't cast HoTs when they will stay during transitions
stay out of aoes or frontal attacks
during enrage, have party stack on you, stand in close proximity to tank and use cure3 while the other healer heals tank or something along those lines (medica won't cut it).

the only exception would be maybe...transition from p2 to p3 where you might want to deliberately grab aggro on spiders and run behind dreadnought and have it consume the spiders.

edit - divine seal is your friend, sometimes holy is too

BadRNG

Hey guys, can anyone help me choose between gear?

I just got Ultima Choker of Healing for my WHM (Mind+11, Determination+7, Spell Speed +14).

Had Astral Choker (Intelligence+9, Mind+9, Accuracy+12, Spell Speed+9) with Vitality+9 and Crit+12 melded.

Which should I go with?

Go with the Ultima Choker.

Accuracy and Int are wasted stats, so the real fight here is whether 2 MND, 7 Det, and 5 SS beat 9 vit and 12 crit.

Vit is always nice but it's not worth losing main stats for unless you are undergeared and trying to hit a specific threshold like for a damage mechanic. Det is WHM's most important secondary, and while SS isn't great WHM don't have a huge need for crit like SCH do either and most stat weights I've seen for WHM put SS above Crit.

Tash

Yeah healing aggro had been the cause of my deaths so far. I am working on that at least but I just hope to pug a group that at least knows the fight at least.

T4 is all about the Tanks and Healers working together. Transitions can be rough especially between P5 and P6. As WHM I always try to have shroud up to I can pop that. As SCH I am ready that me and my WHM partner get pounded so I save a few lustrate for that. Sacred Soil helps too, if you get hit hard and the tanks are slow to pick up the adds.

When healing on my WHM I generally cast Stone Skin before a transition. It will help with enmity. Especially when the second DN comes down in P6 it does help the tank. As mentioned, don't have any regens up, either from Regen or Medica 2. Also DS on cooldown will preserve MP. Should be fine with spamming Cure 1s until Freecure procs.

Generally, it all comes down to the tanks picking up the adds fast enough and having their CDs ready for the last phases.

While I had to focus on my WHM for coil until recently, the SCH in our Static 1 left without a heads-up, so my SCH partner in Static 2 is moving to Static 1 and I have to gear SCH now :/ Good thing I am in almost full allagan minus chest and legs but of course those are exactly the pieces that my SCH needs to upgrade..ah fun times.

On that note: healing on SCH for T1 to T4 is so much easier..especially with pet macros..almost rude..

dude, you're ilvl is the same as mine...

don't heal during transitions
don't cast HoTs when they will stay during transitions
stay out of aoes or frontal attacks
during enrage, have party stack on you, stand in close proximity to tank and use cure3 while the other healer heals tank or something along those lines (medica won't cut it).

the only exception would be maybe...transition from p2 to p3 where you might want to deliberately grab aggro on spiders and run behind dreadnought and have it consume the spiders.

edit - divine seal is your friend, sometimes holy is too

Yeah, I have been putting DS to more use as of late. Tried to use Holy when I could but people were taking too much damage. Thanks for the tips...but how the hell is your item level at mine?! I barely gear my healer...rng is stupid.

Hey guys, can anyone help me choose between gear for my WHM?

I just got Ultima Choker of Healing (Mind+11, Determination+7, Spell Speed +14).

Which should I go with?

Replace non i90 things with i90 things first, worry about secondary stats afterwards.

nikos

Go with the Ultima Choker.

Accuracy and Int are wasted stats, so the real fight here is whether 2 MND, 7 Det, and 5 SS beat 9 vit and 12 crit.

Vit is always nice but it's not worth losing main stats for unless you are undergeared and trying to hit a specific threshold like for a damage mechanic. Det is WHM's most important secondary, and while SS isn't great WHM don't have a huge need for crit like SCH do either and most stat weights I've seen for WHM put SS above Crit.

Yeah, I have been putting DS to more use as of late. Tried to use Holy when I could but people were taking too much damage. Thanks for the tips...but how the hell is your item level at mine?! I barely gear my healer...rng is stupid.

Replace non i90 things with i90 things first, worry about secondary stats afterwards.

Thanks! According to this calculator (http://valk.dancing-mad.com/calculators/healing-calculator/), the Astral Choker is better, however I just tested both while healing myself and think I'm getting slightly better results with the Ultima necklace.

I had full DL gear until my friend surprised me with Vanya and Astral gear. I'm going for i90 stuff, of course, but trying to figure out what's best to use until then. Switching between sets, I don't seem to notice a huge difference when healing myself. The added VIT on the crafted stuff is definitely nice though.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
It's been about a week so far, and I'm really liking this game. Should hit 30 on conjurer soon and then it's off to steamroll arcanist to 15. Really want to get WHM as soon as possible. Been sitting in the duty finder a fair bit, and I like how the game is trying to introduce dungeon mechanics slowly for those not familiar with that stuff. Seems most people I've been teamed up with have been good about not standing in bad stuff, grabbing adds, etc. Although today was pretty ridiculous. People standing in all the bad things and not grabbing adds at all much of the time. I could heal through it fine, but it was a bit silly sometimes. Also, wow at how much bonus XP you get for your first duty roulette of the day. =O

Btw, how does one get the fancy mount that looks like a black armored chocobo from FFVI? I've seen a few running around, and they look really nice. Is it a dungeon drop or something?

Ken

You can equip bardings on Chocobo and off the top of my head the black ones are:

Sleipnir (Odin mantles)
Behemoth (some pre-order bonus or something, can't remember)
Dragoon (Rank 10 DPS Chocobo)

Xilium

Btw, how does one get the fancy mount that looks like a black armored chocobo from FFVI? I've seen a few running around, and they look really nice. Is it a dungeon drop or something?

Assuming you are referring to the magitech mount, you will receive that at the end of the main storyline.

I have yet another question: I'm on my way to WAR relic, have the 4 DL accessories, 2 CT pieces of armor (feet and gloves), 2 i70 pieces and 1 i55 piece (legs).

Should I spend my myth on a ring (current one is HQ i49, lowest piece ><) or should I save and go for the legs?

http://i.imgur.com/aWegkeZ.jpg[IMG]
who plays[/QUOTE]

Holy shit, I've only done CT ONCE (and 1 Bone Dragon) and I can't believe how accurate this is, lol.

The autorun one is the best though. Shit happens.

Meciu

Here is my proposal.

Adventuring licenses.

For the really high end stuff you should have to complete a solo instance that tests skill requirements and you can be graded.

So Titan could require a dodging license with a high grade or something.

Lindsay-Lohan-Spits-Out-Drink.gif

I almost fell of my chair at work :D Now that would be awesone, dodging licence S for Titan EX! SE bring it! :)

Stuart444

So I hear The Sunken Temple of Qarn has been nerfed in 2.1. How is it now? The guides I find are from before 2.1 and since this dungeon is my next one, I'm curious what I should expect.

Torquill

So I hear The Sunken Temple of Qarn has been nerfed in 2.1. How is it now? The guides I find are from before 2.1 and since this dungeon is my next one, I'm curious what I should expect.
Final sting damage was adjusted but it will still take half the HP off a warrior so it still hurts.

The lasers on last boss were faster than Ultima HM, so they slowed them down and fattened the indicator.

frequency

Everything seems to bring out the worst in people in this game. I'm pretty sure that just means there are a lot of terrible people playing FFXIV:ARR.

studyguy

Burned Twin this week and haven't done squat since Monday.
The Banner Saga has taken up all my time, it's really great, dodged doing Garuda farm duty yesterday for it.

aWegkeZ.jpg

who plays

This bingo seems to be missing the most important one for Ultros: "Tank takes the dragon up north instead of tanking in the center of a damn sun pattern."

Seriously, why does our server fail so much at this? They literally drew on the ground how you do the fight and people still can't manage it properly. >_>

studyguy

This bingo seems to be missing the most important one for Ultros: "Tank takes the dragon up north instead of tanking in the center of a damn sun pattern."

Seriously, why does our server fail so much at this? They literally drew on the ground how you do the fight and people still can't manage it properly. >_>

Better one is during the 3 demon/napalm/allagan bomb phase. Where a single party tries to tank more than one of the demons. Like what? Hell even had one of the two tanks come and steal hate only to die because his healers weren't there to help him... I mean your party is across the map, go help them.

There's a reason people take the dragon north, though.

It gives people more time to kill the adds before they reach the dragon and cause a room-wide aoe.

Obviously in a group that knows what they're doing and doesn't double up on adds on the outlying platforms, you could kill them before they reach the center of the arena where the dragon starts but the only party you can reasonably expect to count is your own in CT and having the dragon to the north gives more time before the adds reach the dragon.

So much for server first! It has been brought to my attention that a 30 person guild has purchased the first large house on Ultros. Not sure about all the details but I'm hearing it was Lot 5 in the Limsa Lominsa Mist area. I'm not going to say RMT, but RMT. Seriously though, how did 30 people raise that much money this quickly?

We have the money, and while it would have been nice, there are other things that are much more important. Everyone needs to head to neogaf.guildwork.com and get their votes in as quickly as possible. We have set a deadline for Sunday but in light of this recent event, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Responses so far have been good. I have around 90 responses but I would prefer to get at least 100-150, as around 100 total people donated and approximately 150 is roughly 50% of the active (30 day) userbase. I have no idea if this is going to impact us at all as I have only been checking responses for accuracy but it definitely limits our options. The plan was to wait until Sunday before counting anything.

Someone must have caught wind of our plans...

I might make a post on the site and see what people think. Maybe close the vote on Friday or Saturday as opposed to Sunday or close the vote once we reach a certain number of responses? This would still be plenty of time and a reasonable course of action given the circumstances, I think.

Wilsongt

Need more things on that bingo:

Someone says they'll MT when not a tank class.
Putting all four comets together
MT being ass.
One alliance wiping on Atomos after you already killed your own Atomos. (Had this happen. We tend to burn down Atomos quickly, some some alliance dies for some reason).
Raid ignoring Nemesis during Thanatos

Lucis

So much for server first! It has been brought to my attention that a 30 person guild has purchased the first large house on Ultros. Not sure about all the details but I'm hearing it was Lot 5 in the Limsa Lominsa Mist area. I'm not going to say RMT, but RMT. Seriously though, how did 30 people raise that much money this quickly?

There is one gaf member that donated close to 25 million, you only need 4 of those guys to buy a house.

studyguy

We have the money, and while it would have been nice, there are other things that are much more important. Everyone needs to head to neogaf.guildwork.com and get their votes in as quickly as possible. We have set a deadline for Sunday but in light of this recent event, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Responses so far have been good. I have around 90 responses but I would prefer to get at least 100-150, as around 100 total people donated and approximately 150 is roughly 50% of the active (30 day) userbase. I have no idea if this is going to impact us at all as I have only been checking responses for accuracy but it definitely limits our options. The plan was to wait until Sunday before counting anything.

I might make a post on the site and see what people think. Maybe close the vote on Friday or Saturday as opposed to Sunday or close the vote once we reach a certain number of responses? This would still be plenty of time and a reasonable course of action given the circumstances, I think.

In comparison, Excal had BG drop some 200m+ on their house a while ago.
All those Primal EX sales, man. Friend said the house only has like a 200 item limit though, which I didn't even think about before it was even mentioned.... of course they have item limits. Wonder what each one is.

The only thing worse then that are the people that get super buttmad when the main tank does it whatever way they don't like to do it and tries to fight aggro with him to pull it to where they think it should be.

studyguy

The only thing worse then that are the people that get super buttmad when the main tank does it whatever way they don't like to do it and tries to fight aggro with him to pull it to where they think it should be.

People fighting over agro is the reason I never tank beyond what's absolutely necessary in CT. Sword Oath erryday.

Wilsongt

All you have to do is advertise primal runs for a decent amount of gil and some idiots will pay, thus giving you a house

See Sargatanas and Legacy FC.

Is 5 the large plot on the left, the beach front one?

edit: lol great edit down there

Yep, that's the one.

There is one gaf member that donated close to 25 million, you only need 4 of those guys to buy a house.

Xelios was an extreme outlier. There was an enormous amount of work and effort that went into raising what we did and it took a large coordinated effort. Just surprising that another FC that we have 10x the membership of is able to accomplish that. I guess that comes with the territory of being a large encompassing guild of both casual, hardcore, and players that fall in between.

In comparison, Excal had BG drop some 200m+ on their house a while ago.
All those Primal EX sales, man. Friend said the house only has like a 200 item limit though, which I didn't even think about before it was even mentioned.... of course they have item limits. Wonder what each one is.

Well, BG is a pretty hardcore guild so I'm not surprised. Also, Excalibur is a legacy server. I had over 20 million when I quit 1.0 and I wasn't even trying... and I quit. I can't imagine how much people had that kept playing, even with the gil reductions that went into effect.

Lucis

Xelios is an extreme outlier. There was an enormous amount of work and effort that went into raising what we did and it took a large coordinated effort. Just surprising that another FC that we have 5x the membership of is able to accomplish that. I guess that comes with the territory of being a large encompassing guild of both casual, hardcore, and players that fall in between.

Gaf's donation comes from mostly the top 25 people (actually half came from the top 5?)
If that FC is focused with 30 hard core I see no problem with say 10 people forking 10 mil.
When I played wow, more than 15 people in the guild had max gold on at least one character and there was a guy that needed 5 mule just because the gold limit. I have no idea of course what kind of FC they actually are, but extreme people usually congregate together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom