• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torquill

I can certainly see them, not removing the lockout. I guess it depends on how many Turns they're going to have in Coil, and when completing Turns in Coil become a pre-requisite for moving the story forward.

Once completing turns 1-5 are necessary to move the story forward, they'll nerf it in some way. Removing the lockout would be the most effective way to nerf it, without actually reducing the difficulty level in any real way.

Granted, it could be 2.3, or 2.4 before we reach that point. I do agree that we'll start seeing differentiated gear in 6-10 though. Probably iLvl 100 or whatnot armor, and such.
I disagree. The lockout is not sig enough to ease the content to the point where sufficient people see the new turns to warrant the cost of their creation.

1) increase duration of conflags
2) lower damage on death sentence a little bit
3) let you cross paths on twisters
4) Make egg drops non-random

This will go a long way to helping pugs clear it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think there will be a 20 ilvl jump instead of 10. 10 is too little difference.

If by going SE logic it will be no gear from Turn 6-10, you get specialized items
Save enough up by 2.3 for CT Floor 1

Those drops you can un-curse with said items from Coil Turn 6-10 and get ilvl99.9 gear!
Body would cost most with 10 "something", other pieces 3-5, accessories 2 each

Now run Coil 6-10 and CT Floor 1 weekly lockout, enjoy the MMO grind everybody!

omlet

Once completing turns 1-5 are necessary to move the story forward, they'll nerf it in some way. Removing the lockout would be the most effective way to nerf it, without actually reducing the difficulty level in any real way.

Not really, you certainly don't need to be i90 to clear turn 5--and if anything, as my last couple t5 clears have shown, having full group i90 actually means the party has to re-learn parts of the fight because we have so much DPS lol. Have you tried/cleared it? It's a fight that requires everyone to pay close attention to everything, even things you maybe don't normally need to pay attention to, like as a DPS I'm also watching HP bars and the entire party's positioning, not just my own in relation to the boss. Sure, you need good gear, but that's a mechanics-heavy fight with phases and transitions where certain things need to happen or you wipe. The only way to make turn 5 more accessible would be to actually ease up on some of its mechanics like Torquill mentioned, like they did with twisters already.

PS: My first T5 clear, the week before 2.1, was actually with a pickup group, only one of whom had cleared it before. We all had practiced a lot with various groups/statics and all it took was getting together a group that didn't have anyone in it that was bad at the fight's mechanics and we won.

Aeana

Not really, you certainly don't need to be i90 to clear turn 5--and if anything, as my last couple t5 clears have shown, having full group i90 actually means the party has to re-learn parts of the fight because we have so much DPS lol. Have you tried/cleared it? It's a fight that requires everyone to pay close attention to everything, even things you maybe don't normally need to pay attention to, like as a DPS I'm also watching HP bars and the entire party's positioning, not just my own in relation to the boss. Sure, you need good gear, but that's a mechanics-heavy fight with phases and transitions where certain things need to happen or you wipe. The only way to make turn 5 more accessible would be to actually ease up on some of its mechanics like Torquill mentioned, like they did with twisters already.

PS: My first T5 clear, the week before 2.1, was actually with a pickup group, only one of whom had cleared it before. We all had practiced a lot with various groups/statics and all it took was getting together a group that didn't have anyone in it that was bad at the fight's mechanics and we won.

Yes, in particular the timing on the conflag phase changed a lot as we upgraded our gear.

omlet

Yes, in particular the timing on the conflag phase changed a lot as we upgraded our gear.

That, and limit break building changed after 2.1. We typically can't kill snakes in time without LB2 (well, we maybe could if we heavily revised our strat and timing on that phase), and we can actually DPS so fast that if we don't pace ourselves a little bit in the conflag and pre-conflag phase, we are dangerously close to not having LB2 in time (with duplicate jobs in the party).

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

My group hasn't cleared it yet, but our DPS was a problem for a while preventing us from passing conflags.

We have enough DPS that we can get through only 3 conflags; however, sometimes we get a 4th right as Twin flies away for divebombs. That means the person in the conflags is dead while the rest of the party transitions.

We now utilize a couple methods to slow dps and ensure that 4th conflag is down before divebombs.

We also have problems getting L3 limit break for snakes and either have the tanks not use cooldowns or just try and wing it with L2.

studyguy

When we started going farmmode it was wonky as hell...
HEY TWIN, LOOKS LIKE IT'S MONDAY AGAIN, WE HAVE BETTER GEAR NOW SO LETS BURN THIS CONFL... Wha... why are there two fireballs going off before a conflag drops... Twin please no, oh god oh noooooooo

I don't know if it's how fast you burn them or lag, or what but I like to think Twin occasionally fucks with you on the phase.

Alucrid

Banned
When we started going farmmode it was wonky as hell...
HEY TWIN, LOOKS LIKE IT'S MONDAY AGAIN, WE HAVE BETTER GEAR NOW SO LETS BURN THIS CONFL... Wha... why are there two fireballs going off before a conflag drops... Twin please no, oh god oh noooooooo

I don't know if it's how fast you burn them or lag, or what but I like to think Twin occasionally fucks with you on the phase.

Yep, love when you get another fireball before conflag pops, or when you end up with two slow conflags in a row.

Aeana

My group hasn't cleared it yet, but our DPS was a problem for a while preventing us from passing conflags.

We have enough DPS that we can get through only 3 conflags; however, sometimes we get a 4th right as Twin flies away for divebombs. That means the person in the conflags is dead while the rest of the party transitions.

We now utilize a couple methods to slow dps and ensure that 4th conflag is down before divebombs.

We also have problems getting L3 limit break for snakes and either have the tanks not use cooldowns or just try and wing it with L2.

We don't ever have LB3. We had it for a while during our learning attempts but we changed things such that we never do now, and it still goes fine.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Unfortunately sometimes people get too focused on having LB3 so...!

When your group consistently dies with LB2, but has a smooth transition with LB3, it seems like the sane thing to do is go get LB3.

The LB3 is gained in the same time it takes to get LB2, the only difference is without tank cooldowns, the tank gets really close to death. Those critical heals make LB generate like crazy.

More stress on the healers in the early phase for a smooth transition after snakes, or stable healing for a messy transition.

I could care less as a DPS, it just sucks to see the group stuck at the same phase for so long.

omlet

If you have the DPS to get to DB with only 3 conflags, you have more than enough DPS to handle snakes with only LB2.

Ken

When your group consistently dies with LB2, but has a smooth transition with LB3, it seems like the sane thing to do is go get LB3.

The LB3 is gained in the same time it takes to get LB2, the only difference is without tank cooldowns, the tank gets really close to death. Those critical heals make LB generate like crazy.

More stress on the healers in the early phase for a smooth transition after snakes, or stable healing for a messy transition.

I could care less as a DPS, it just sucks to see the group stuck at the same phase for so long.

LB3 damage making up for the weakness from the deaths.

If you have the DPS to get to DB with only 3 conflags, you have more than enough DPS to handle snakes with only LB2.

Well you would think that but the true turn 5 starts at divebombs.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

I think it's more of an issue that 1 our of 3 times we make it without somebody getting killed to divebombs. The other times it seems like the healers are having issues keeping the MT alive when it's 4 stack DPS time.

At least last run we got 3 attempts at the twister phase over the course of 2 hours.

I disagree. The lockout is not sig enough to ease the content to the point where sufficient people see the new turns to warrant the cost of their creation.

1) increase duration of conflags
2) lower damage on death sentence a little bit
3) let you cross paths on twisters
4) Make egg drops non-random

This will go a long way to helping pugs clear it.

Another thing I assume they will nerf to make it easier is making it so the like 3 closest people can't be the target of the stun on the dreadknight or something.

Most definitely. And if you don't fuck up too much you can be done for a bit and just waiting in the necklaces when Twin comes back and does the warning aoe light show, then get to show how much of a scrub you are when you run out thinking it was the damage part of it. Not that anyone here would do that, nope, not at all.

theta11

Really all the need to nerf coil is to add the Echo. I think it's something around +30% to all stats or something along those lines. It's basically enough to power through certain mechanics without having to do much with rebalancing the fight and leaving it still challenging.

Really all the need to nerf coil is to add the Echo. I think it's something around +30% to all stats or something along those lines. It's basically enough to power through certain mechanics without having to do much with rebalancing the fight and leaving it still challenging.

Well the problem is what has already been mentioned. Getting too much dps actually can cause things to need more communication and synchronization the way some mechanics work so that isn't going to work as an easy fix alone. Mess ups to certain mechanics are still direct one shots as well regardless of bonus vit.

Teletraan1

Banned
Well the problem is what has already been mentioned. Getting too much dps actually can cause things to need more communication and synchronization the way some mechanics work so that isn't going to work as an easy fix alone. Mess ups to certain mechanics are still direct one shots as well regardless of bonus vit.

This has been true of a lot of content where timing goes wonky when a buff has been added. On LK in wow those adds at the beginning would require a certain amount of that debuff stacks so you would have to slow dps just so they would die. If you pushed too fast they would be up the whole fight until you killed them manually so yes your group wont be able to mindlessly rage through the instance but the added health pools and bonus to healing and damage give you a huge buffer for the small mistakes which is what these buffs are there to mitigate.

I've posted already in the Buy/Sell thread, but I figured I'd hit here up quickly. Anyone got a copy of this for sale by any chance? I'm interested in jumping in.

EDIT
Got one! Time to jump in. What servers do most Gaffers play on?

Wait, really? Darn, I didn't know having too much dps can cause issues...good thing our highest geared dps member can't do burst damage that well

klee123

Finally got my Relic Zenithed, would have gotten it done ages ago, but I I got a few myth pieces instead.

As a PLD, I doubt there's much of a difference compared to getting more Myth/Allegan armor pieces though.

All right folks, if you want to join a linkshell dedicated to helping lower level people in the FC with stuff, just bug K'tai Quohn/Jamie Neima...I will add you as soon as I can!

Sophia

Ultima's Bane is mind-numbingly boring as a tank. I actually made mistakes because I was falling asleep due to sheer boredom. ><;

suzu

Thank you much!

I created a Square-Enix account in 2008 and haven't ever used it. I'm trying to recover my account and am having 0 luck at all. Is there a reason for me to use my old account, like a bonus item or any rewards like that? If not, I'll just make a new one.

Not that I know of. If you don't have anything of significance on it, might as well go with a new account~ Make sure to write your security question & answer down somewhere. lol

Sophia

Healing can be so stressful at times. Often I wonder how much the rest of the party hates me when I mess up.

Healing is so much fun in this game. I kinda regret offering to be my FC's tank, because I revel in situations that require a lot of skill. The amount of fights where a high degree of skill is required for tanks is a fraction of the amount of fights where it's required for a healer.

Jayhawk

Finally downed T4 with my incomplete static. Kept failing with one pick-up OT, but then one-shot it with another OT. I like MT'ing it more than OT'ing it.

dwix

Man, leveling from 45-50 is such a slow grind...

So close to finally having a healer at 50 though. What's the hardest dungeon for healers pre-level 50? I need to practice. Duty Roulette keeps throwing me into really low level stuff.

Man, leveling from 45-50 is such a slow grind...

So close to finally having a healer at 50 though. What's the hardest dungeon for healers pre-level 50? I need to practice. Duty Roulette keeps throwing me into really low level stuff.

Even though they made it easier, Aurum Vale is a good test for healers.

Jayhawk

Anybody having issues completing the East Shroud daily quest 'Shocking Developments' tonight? It could be an issue specific to my server (Hyperion), but I and others have been unable to disable a specific Lightning Channeler for that quest. I've completed the quest many times before, so I know what to do. It just seems to be bugged tonight.

Noi

Anybody having issues completing the East Shroud daily quest 'Shocking Developments' tonight? It could be an issue specific to my server (Hyperion), but I and others have been unable to disable a specific Lightning Channeler for that quest. I've completed the quest many times before, so I know what to do. It just seems to be bugged tonight.

Someone in my linkshell was saying something about a bugged daily today, so that might be related. I'm going all in on the Amal'jaa dailies though, so I'm not sure what's going on on the Sylph side.

(Also hey another Hyperion player, hello!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom