• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You can equip bardings on Chocobo and off the top of my head the black ones are:

Sleipnir (Odin mantles)
Behemoth (some pre-order bonus or something, can't remember)
Dragoon (Rank 10 DPS Chocobo)

Behemoth was Collector's Edition item

Also

Paladin (Rank 10 Tank Choco)
White Mage (Rank 10 Healer Choco)
Grand Company Barding @ 4,000 (Half Barding), @6,000 (Barding), @8,000 Seals (Crested Barding)
Black Mage (Veteran Reward)
Sovereign Barding (Need 300 Accommodations, gives your Choco mount Pope Hat)
The Winter Set (Had to participate in the Winter Event and Earn 10 Crystals to get Barding)

I think that's all the Barding availble

Aeana

Gaf's donation comes from mostly the top 25 people (actually half came from the top 5?)
If that FC is focused with 30 hard core I see no problem with say 10 people forking 10 mil.
When I played wow, more than 15 people in the guild had max gold on at least one character and there was a guy that needed 5 mule just because the gold limit. I have no idea of course what kind of FC they actually are, but extreme people usually congregate together.
You can view their members here and judge for yourself whether they have the resources to come up with that kind of money legitimately.

Nohar

Finally got my scholar to level 50! Gosh, it was long overdue. Done 2 CT runs which went fairly well, with no death that I feel responsible for, so I guess I'm not too bad.

... Yeah, I guess I'll cry tears of blood when I'll be healing Hard mode Titan (and I'm not even talking about the EX version).

Any advices on how to stuff it? So far I have the head from CT, the HQ Vanya robe (which I'll need to meld with some crit materia, unless I take the AF+1 instead), Garuda's Book and everything else is Darklight. I know that I should focus on increasing my crit stat, but sadly it seems that there aren't that many pieces of equipment available for that purpose. Is an HQ Astral Ring in order (well, I have a not so bad level 49 ring, but sadly it will hurt my ilvl)?

Teletraan1

Banned
You can view their members here and judge for yourself whether they have the resources to come up with that kind of money legitimately.

Yeah that looks kinda suspect. I dont see how they came up with that kind of money legit.

Edit: After reading Xelios's post it would make sense if they had a couple of whales going all in to get the housing. I am even leaving my orig statement to show how wrong I was. Grats to them. I am sure that would be Commander Shepard's favorite plot on the Citadel.

Alucrid

Banned
Gaf's donation comes from mostly the top 25 people (actually half came from the top 5?)
If that FC is focused with 30 hard core I see no problem with say 10 people forking 10 mil.
When I played wow, more than 15 people in the guild had max gold on at least one character and there was a guy that needed 5 mule just because the gold limit. I have no idea of course what kind of FC they actually are, but extreme people usually congregate together.

Most of that gil came from launch. In order to make that much you had to be one of the few crafters who did nothing but that, in fact I don't think Xelios ever hit 50 with a combat class. All crafters who were in the same boat as him are generally known. Likewise earning that much after launch, especially after 2.1 is nearly impossible. That said, I don't really recognize their FC at all. That's great that you played WoW, but earning gil here is way harder than it is in WoW.

studyguy

Well, BG is a pretty hardcore guild so I'm not surprised. Also, Excalibur is a legacy server. I had over 20 million when I quit 1.0 and I wasn't even trying... and I quit. I can't imagine how much people had that kept playing, even with the gil reductions that went into effect.

Even then, kept open communication with a friend in the FC and the whole situation was hilarious. Most of us are pretty loaded on Legacy, but even with that, it was like

50m? No problem
100m? Great
200m? Oh okay
300m to start? lolwut
angry-baby-o.gif

GraveRobberX

Maple should realize people out there are buying runs

300K for Garuda Ex, 700K-1Mil for Titan Ex, 500K for Ifrit Ex
Hell some people are selling Coil runs, Turn 1-5 for roughly 5+ mil,drops an extra 300K each

So 30 people would translate to 3 teams selling runs at any time, people are buying them
Most people hoarded their gil for Housing, but with the horrible prices, destroyed gaming economy due to it, now most don't even want to pay for Housing, most are just burning their gil, getting wins and rewards from their gil earned, rather than giving it away for a house, which will not help them in the long run

A lot of the old FC's around are geared out on 4+ jobs through Coil now, hell one Group in Coil already has Allagan Spears for their whole party, while some of their lancers are just 15+ lol
Why not sell the Turns and reap huge profits

Just looked. "Shear Tsubasa" is someone what was buying tome mats even back when they were 50k each in bulk, so I have no doubt that was the kind of person that could make a ton of gil.

hell one Group in Coil already has Allagan Spears for their whole party, while some of their lancers are just 15+ lol

Don't play with my heart.

Alucrid

Banned
Maple should realize people out there are buying runs

300K for Garuda Ex, 700K-1Mil for Titan Ex, 500K for Ifrit Ex
Hell some people are selling Coil runs, Turn 1-5 for roughly 5+ mil,drops an extra 300K each

So 30 people would translate to 3 teams selling runs at any time, people are buying them
Most people hoarded their gil for Housing, but with the horrible prices, destroyed gaming economy due to it, now most don't even want to pay for Housing, most are just burning their gil, getting wins and rewards from their gil earned, rather than giving it away for a house, which will not help them in the long run

A lot of the old FC's around are geared out on 4+ jobs through Coil now, hell one Group in Coil already has Allagan Spears for their whole party, while some of their lancers are just 15+ lol
Why not sell the Turns and reap huge profits

What are you going to do with that money? There's literally nothing to buy in game at the moment.

GraveRobberX

Sorry it's the truth

Turn 5 has been ridiculous at dropping weird weapon loot
From my FC I'm in, groups they have enough SMN books that most had to level that class just cause it was going to waste
Then the other just has the mantra "Spears For Everybody!", they long for another weapon, any weapon

What are you going to do with that money? There's literally nothing to buy in game at the moment.

Housing money

Most top FC's are chasing to get a large plot + large house
The upper middle class of players with hoarded gil are just flushing it to the top and getting rewards in return

As you said what on earth will they do with that money, there you go

Housing fucked everyone over, so players are diluting their gil to get something out of it now, rather than a wait and see
I mean in 2 days we will have played in 2.1 for a month, things are getting worse not better, so this is the new money making way

studyguy

Hoard it, buy a home, deck it out. Hoard the rest to buy personal homes, new items at 2.2, etc. Whatever get paid.

Sorry it's the truth

From my FC I'm in, groups they have enough SMN books that most had to level that class just cause it was going to waste
Then the other just has the mantra "Spears For Everybody!", they long for another weapon, any weapon

Axes, axes and more axes here.

GraveRobberX

Hoping 2.2 bring a whole reset to the market for crafters

Right now most are squeezed into a few worthwhile items
In turn the Gatherers have too much supply and very less demand for their goods

Even 1 hour node materials are at rock bottom prices

studyguy

Hoping 2.2 bring a whole reset to the market for crafters

Right now most are squeezed into a few worthwhile items
In turn the Gatherers have too much supply and very less demand for their goods

Even 1 hour node materials are at rock bottom prices

YoshiP always includes craftables in each patch.
The biggest issue with this one was that beyond the initial burst in PvP gear, no one picked up on the crapload of housing crafts due to no one having a god damn house.

I fully expect at least i80 craftables in 2.2, not investing in more i70s for that very reason.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I wouldn't depend on Yoshi P doing anything for crafter's. He already told crafter that they will never craft high level gear that matches dungeons. He specifically pointed to housing and patterns for vanity (like the Highland and Glacial Coats).

Crafting will never be anything in this game. Two big reasons.

1) Yoshi thinks little of it.
2) Everyone can craft everything making nothing special and unable to create a viable market.

All there is to it.

Mature

I wouldn't depend on Yoshi P doing anything for crafter's. He already told crafter that they will never craft high level gear that matches dungeons. He specifically pointed to housing and patterns for vanity (like the Highland and Glacial Coats).

Crafting will never be anything in this game. Two big reasons.

1) Yoshi thinks little of it.
2) Everyone can craft everything making nothing special and unable to create a viable market.

All there is to it.
I just wish that mantra didn't pull down materia with it...

Aeana

Just looked. "Shear Tsubasa" is someone what was buying tome mats even back when they were 50k each in bulk, so I have no doubt that was the kind of person that could make a ton of gil.

That name did come up but I didn't recognize it.

GraveRobberX

YoshiP always includes craftables in each patch.
The biggest issue with this one was that beyond the initial burst in PvP gear, no one picked up on the crapload of housing crafts due to no one having a god damn house.

I fully expect at least i80 craftables in 2.2, not investing in more i70s for that very reason.

They really need to give gatherers and crafters a significant boost

Fucking RMT murdered the shards and crystal market
I mean 7gil per for 1000 wind shards is goddamn ridiculous (great for crafters), you know how long it takes a person to get 1000 shards in real time, the ROI is stupid bad
Your better off getting fleece, tufts, apk eggs and making 5 times that for 50% less time put in...

We almost need a new Tier of gathered items, level nodes of 55-90 throughout the region, for botany, mining, fishing
In which turn feeds the crafters to make items to seep the gil away from hoarders

studyguy

I just wish that mantra didn't pull down materia with it...

Fully expect whatever item fits or turns into Rank V materia first will sell like gangbusters.

I have 0 clue as to how gatherers turn a profit.
Personally I just flip ore/coth/ingots on the market and turn up a constant profit with little cost to me.
Just but up a swath of cheap resources, craft them into NQ goods on auto or HQ if I feel like it and whatever, not amazingly profitable, but it's not like I've ever made stuff that doesn't sell.

pablito

coil in general for me has just been really annoying with its loot. i've been in it since just about a week or so after you started seeing the very first coil strat videos and people streaming it for others since most haven't unlocked it. yet i have one job specific drop for my main, drg ring, despite so many stories of peoples groups getting nothing but drg drops lol.

meanwhile we pick up a new blm 3 weeks ago and she has everything from turn 1-4 now. everything. i'm a patient dude (i did salvage in xi afterall) and i'm not greedy, and i'm not trying to be entitled, but like...come on rng throw me a bone once in a while sheesh!

Lucis

It's kinda true that money has no use right now. Other than buying food I literally don't have any use for money. Teleport and repair is so insignificant it doesn't even matter.

I actually kinda like it this way. I play MMO for encounters, boss battles. I hated in wow I had to level a crafting skill just to raid effeciently (but this game's fight isn't tuned as tightly a lot of the time). But I guess this is bad for people who want to craft more than battle.

Teletraan1

Banned

Fucking RMT murdered the shards and crystal market
I mean 7gil per for 1000 wind shards is goddamn ridiculous (great for crafters), you know how long it takes a person to get 1000 shards in real time, the ROI is stupid bad
Your better off getting fleece, tufts, apk eggs and making 5 times that for 50% less time put in...

We almost need a new Tier of gathered items, level nodes of 55-90 throughout the region, for botany, mining, fishing
In which turn feeds the crafters to make items to seep the gil away from hoarders

There is no point to everything that currently exists on the market. The majority user base has moved past that. That is why the market is down. No housing boogeyman. Its just what happens. If they gave crafters and gatherers something new in a patch or expansion those items would be hot for the same or shorter amount of time as the previous hot items on the market and then would fizzle out when everybody has it. Knowing how this community chews through content its foolish to think the market would exist in some bubble that wont be influenced by that.

They need to make the gathering/crafting professions provide something more. A slot-able trait or buff that you can use on your DoW or DoM classes and visa versa. So for example 50 ALC would give you a 100% boost to potions and stuff. 50 CUL doubles your food buff. Perhaps let the player slot up to 3 of these. This might cause people who otherwise wont level professions to level a profession just for some sort of buff. They need to do that sort of thing and more just to keep markets from collapsing completely by making the crafting relevant to more people. It wont be sustainable because you can learn everything but those types of things would be a start. In wow I knew people who would change their professions based on what was giving the best buff atm. They would spend gobs of money on the AH buying it up to max level.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
We have the money, and while it would have been nice, there are other things that are much more important. Everyone needs to head to neogaf.guildwork.com and get their votes in as quickly as possible. We have set a deadline for Sunday but in light of this recent event, I have no idea what is going to happen.

Congrats on reaching the full amount! And good on you for holding a vote. Hope everything works out for the best. I'll come visit you guys someday once you have the house set up and decorated.

So much for server first! It has been brought to my attention that a 30 person guild has purchased the first large house on Ultros. Not sure about all the details but I'm hearing it was Lot 5 in the Limsa Lominsa Mist area. I'm not going to say RMT, but RMT. Seriously though, how did 30 people raise that much money this quickly?

There's a good chance the purchase is legit, and this was one of the FCs I was expecting to have the most funds. Shear Tsubasa and Pudding Please were just as hardcore crafters as I was, as early as I was (Shear actually started earlier, I believe), and were some of my main competition on the two star market the entire time I was playing. I also had price matching agreements with these people for a good chunk of the time because we were all so aggressive.

Now, RMT definitely could have been involved in pushing them over the edge, all I know is that these two members were just as rich as I was, except they didn't quit the game a month before the patch. It wouldn't surprise me at all that they could afford the house legit if more members/alts in their FC are like-minded, though.

Edit: Just for transparency my worth was closer to 40 million when I quit, 24 million was just what ended up going to the FC, so consider that these individuals could have had quite the fortune just between the two of them. I didn't foresee housing costing as much as it does (no one did) and ended up giving a fair chunk of my gil to friends as well when I quit/before housing prices were announced. Hell, my initial pledge to Maple was only like 10 million, and I figured that was going to be overkill.

WolvenOne

There is no point to everything that currently exists on the market. The majority user base has moved past that. That is why the market is down. No housing boogeyman. Its just what happens. If they gave crafters and gatherers something new in a patch or expansion those items would be hot for the same or shorter amount of time as the previous hot items on the market and then would fizzle out when everybody has it. Knowing how this community chews through content its foolish to think the market would exist in some bubble that wont be influenced by that.

They need to make the gathering/crafting professions provide something more. A slot-able trait or buff that you can use on your DoW or DoM classes and visa versa. So for example 50 ALC would give you a 100% boost to potions and stuff. 50 CUL doubles your food buff. Perhaps let the player slot up to 3 of these. This might cause people who otherwise wont level professions to level a profession just for some sort of buff. They need to do that sort of thing and more just to keep markets from collapsing completely by making the crafting relevant to more people. It wont be sustainable because you can learn everything but those types of things would be a start. In wow I knew people who would change their professions based on what was giving the best buff atm. They would spend gobs of money on the AH buying it up to max level.

Materia could easily fill that nitch, to a degree, if Square was willing to allow top or near top level armor and jewelry have materia slots.

It'd also help if Materia could be sloted/de-slotted, without crafters constantly playing a role. There are a lot of fights, say, Coil, where you'll need extra Accuracy, but in every other fight it'd be a useless stat. If you could slot and reslot materia for the content you're running, and put it onto high level items, it'd greatly increase the incentive for the players to not only buy and use Materia, but to own multiple sets of Materia.

Granted, I'd give Materia some sort of, slotting limit, wherin it's lost after being slotted X or Y number of times.

I'd also give crafters max iLvl armor/jewelry they could make. I'd simply make the Mat requirements be astounding. Similarly, I'd give this armor lower base stats than dropped max level armor, even if the crafter managed to HQ it, but I'd give them more Materia slots.

The downside to all of this, is that it'd create a lot more work for developers. The developers would need to beta-test bosses and dungeons with numerous sets of armor, and materia, just to make certain there wasn't some combination of stats that'd totally break these bosses. Granted, they can simply set a max amount for all stats during any given instance, and test the fights with those, but even that would still only marginally offset the amount of work involved.

coil in general for me has just been really annoying with its loot. i've been in it since just about a week or so after you started seeing the very first coil strat videos and people streaming it for others since most haven't unlocked it. yet i have one job specific drop for my main, drg ring, despite so many stories of peoples groups getting nothing but drg drops lol.

meanwhile we pick up a new blm 3 weeks ago and she has everything from turn 1-4 now. everything. i'm a patient dude (i did salvage in xi afterall) and i'm not greedy, and i'm not trying to be entitled, but like...come on rng throw me a bone once in a while sheesh!

RNG is stupid. It's been very generous with me (like 8 alagan drops in 3-4 weeks of Coil) but it annoys me how generous it can be for one person and totally screw over other people. I feel bad for anyone who isn't a caster dps or healer in our group, they don't get jack and when they do, the stats suck on the item.

Ken

RNG is stupid. It's been very generous with me (like 8 alagan drops in 3-4 weeks of Coil) but it annoys me how generous it can be for one person and totally screw over other people. I feel bad for anyone who isn't a caster dps or healer in our group, they don't get jack and when they do, the stats suck on the item.

Less on the RNG and more on loot distribution per chest, honestly. RNG is a big factor I suppose, but not the only reason for imbalanced drops.

Less on the RNG and more on loot distribution per chest, honestly. RNG is a big factor I suppose, but not the only reason for imbalanced drops.

I'll give you that, having such a large selection of loot available for only two chests is kinda silly. Hopefully the problem will iron out with more turns of Coil and they can spread out the gear more.

studyguy

RNG still plays pretty heavily into it. For whatever reason the Caster Ring is the single caster based item in one of the chests for T1 and I've seen it drop so many god damn times. Tanaka pls.
Coil is suffering, always.

GraveRobberX

I'll give you that, having such a large selection of loot available for only two chests is kinda silly. Hopefully the problem will iron out with more turns of Coil and they can spread out the gear more.

Doesn't help Turn 3 gives you a whopping 0 Coffers to compound the factor

If Turn 3 offered 2, it would have really alleviated more gear to fill up for jobs

If they want Turn 3 to be the way it is, then Coil should have been 3 Coffers for each turn that drops items

One coffer housed each item correlated to a specific class and it's needs
For Turn 1
Left would house all the Body/Feet Pieces for classes
Middle would house the Accessories
Right would be random, but 2 items unlocked from Left and Middle, would get pooled out and one remaining item chosen from the 2 coffers

So you would always unlock Left > Middle > Right, also if item goes to the void, the Right Chest should flag the item for all people doing the instance, and it will not be seen cause it wont be needed anymore for those people

I mean right now most do Turn 1-4 for 6 coffers (Turn 5 is not a farm status for most)
There's 8 people in the party with 11 slots and most need close to 50% of Allagan stuff to BIS
So 6 Coffers with 42 slots that need to be filled, so 14% (1/7) the chance of even getting anything

Take 3 coffers and the right one always being a buffed coffer to alleviate some of the RNG, and the % go way up

WolvenOne

Except that turns 6 to 10 will probably have higher level drops than turns 1 to 5.

Honestly, if prefer they solve they issue simply by adding two drops for Turn 3. It wouldn't entirely solve the issue, but it'd probably reduce it to acceptable levels for most players.

I don't expect them to do this however. Even if they were, Itd probably be something done for 2.2.

I would also advocate a smart drop system, or at least a not entirely random drop system. Basically, like a system that did a quick read of the players inventory, and if nobody could need or greed on an item due to already having it in their inventory, that item would be taken out of the drop list.

That wouldn't change things much though. I can't imagine there are too many instances where nobody in a party could need or greed on an item.

Ken

RNG still plays pretty heavily into it. For whatever reason the Caster Ring is the single caster based item in one of the chests for T1 and I've seen it drop so many god damn times. Tanaka pls.

RNG going to RNG.

omlet

Clearing turn 1 weekly since mid September on my main and a few weeks even doing it another time on my alt...I have still never seen monk pants drop from turn 1. So, over 20 clears of t1 and never seen my monk pants yet. I think it's the only drop from 1-4 that my group has never seen at all. We've had dry spells of specific gear (like a month of no tank or caster gear) but monk pants are kind of reaching unicorn status in our group.

At least I got my allagan weapon on my third t5 clear, so that's something. I still want my damn pants, though.

GraveRobberX

Would it really be hard to devs to read each players loot drops from coil and the stuff they've earned and just flag it

Like each player would have a hidden loot table attached to them, once they've won roll on a item of said thing and others party members have also,ot would just flag them like how CT does when you win something

So the Coffer knows that everyone has caster ring, it's not needed to pop in unless someone hasn't had a chance to roll on it
So it's removed from the pool completely
I mean for everyone in the party to max out all items for a turn is goddamn long, RNG still plays a part, but not ridiculous once duplicates drop at ungodly manner

Torquill

Would it really be hard to devs to read each players loot drops from coil and the stuff they've earned and just flag it

Like each player would have a hidden loot table attached to them, once they've won roll on a item of said thing and others party members have also,ot would just flag them like how CT does when you win something

So the Coffer knows that everyone has caster ring, it's not needed to pop in unless someone hasn't had a chance to roll on it
I mean for everyone in the party to max out all items for a turn is goddamn long, RNG still plays a part, but not ridiculous once duplicates drop at ungodly manner

Easy to say. Having any logic based on what you've SEEN drop (as opposed to receivesd) requires the backend to remember a history of drops they've seen in that chest. Not Nec hard, but what's the backend expense?

Ken

Adding any degree of manipulation to RNG-based loot kind of gets rid of the point of RNG-based loot.

It's essential to realize that the RNG and weekly lockout aren't in the interest of the players so your proposal is to address something SE doesn't care too much about in the first place.

Actually, I take that back. RNG can be in certain player's interests, just not those looking for instant gratification.

Lucis

Clearing turn 1 weekly since mid September on my main and a few weeks even doing it another time on my alt...I have still never seen monk pants drop from turn 1. So, over 20 clears of t1 and never seen my monk pants yet. I think it's the only drop from 1-4 that my group has never seen at all. We've had dry spells of specific gear (like a month of no tank or caster gear) but monk pants are kind of reaching unicorn status in our group.

At least I got my allagan weapon on my third t5 clear, so that's something. I still want my damn pants, though.

Lets do some math to put RNG into perspective.
there are 8 items from the chest in turn 1 that drops monk pants.

The chance of it not dropping is 87.5%
87.5% ^ 20 = ~7%
So there is a 7% chance that you run it for 20 weeks and not see it drop. Is it likely? Not, is it possible? Definitly.

Compare this to a situation like this.
How often have you seen back to back primal farm kill that dropped the same item?
Each primal drop 5 different Item I believe?
20% ^ 2 = 4%
it is LESS likely for primal to drop 2 consecutive item that's the SAME, than you not seeing a single drop from one coil chest for 20 weeks

Again, lets say 5 of the same drop in turn 5 weapon has been the same for 2 months
there are a total of 5 weapons
the chance of that happening is:
(1/9)^5 * (8/9)^3 ~ 1.2 e -5
thats about 0.000012, which is 0.0012%, that's borderline impossible.

WolvenOne

Oh it's certainly not impossible, but it's certainly more difficult than what they did for Crystal Tower. Crystal Tower uses a very simple Yes/No metric that applies to all loot, so an item specific yes/no system would be quite a bit more complex, particularly when taking multiple characters into account.

Another issue is that they'd need to throw at least one item into every chest, that wasn't subject to this rule. Otherwise you'd reach a point where chests would drop with nothing in them, and that could potentially cause some bugs.

Still, while it wouldn't be a small/simple task, I don't see any fundamental reason why this sort of system couldn't be implemented.

Edit: You wouldn't necessarily need a history for this. Rather, you'd need to compare the items with what everyone currently has in their inventory/armory chest. So it'd be a one time check every item a party opened a chest. A similar check is done when purchasing Myth items.

Torquill

Adding any degree of manipulation to RNG-based loot kind of gets rid of the point of RNG-based loot.
I completely disagree. There's nothing wrong, in concept, of having an element of karma in there of adding what is normally the gamblers fallacy of increasing your odds over time. It does not undermine the need to run many many times to get all you want. In fact you may now keep players who rage quit over getting totally screwed by RNG.

The myth system mitigates the need for this to a significant extent, but doesn't solve the "exact" same problem.

Ken

I completely disagree. There's nothing wrong, in concept, of having an element of karma in there of adding what is normally the gamblers fallacy of increasing your odds over time. It does not undermine the need to run many many times to get all you want. In fact you may now keep players who rage quit over getting totally screwed by RNG.

The myth system mitigates the need for this to a significant extent, but doesn't solve the "exact" same problem.

Now who would want that.

WolvenOne

I might note, I don't really consider this a huge priority. It'd certainly be nice, but drops on Turn 3 would be of more immediate desirability. The biggest problem is trying to fit, "SO," many items, into so few drops. Mitigate that and repeat drops become far less of a concern.

I think, even with it's downsides, RNG is a pretty fair system. Everyone has the same chances of his item popping. 1/8 means you have 12.5% chances of the item you looking for pops, is much better that those 1% from FF XI times.

The problem with coil is that is locked after you do it one time every week which means you only have "one ticket" to win the lottery for each floor item for week.

Congrats on reaching the full amount! And good on you for holding a vote. Hope everything works out for the best. I'll come visit you guys someday once you have the house set up and decorated.

There's a good chance the purchase is legit, and this was one of the FCs I was expecting to have the most funds. Shear Tsubasa and Pudding Please were just as hardcore crafters as I was, as early as I was (Shear actually started earlier, I believe), and were some of my main competition on the two star market the entire time I was playing. I also had price matching agreements with these people for a good chunk of the time because we were all so aggressive.

Now, RMT definitely could have been involved in pushing them over the edge, all I know is that these two members were just as rich as I was, except they didn't quit the game a month before the patch. It wouldn't surprise me at all that they could afford the house legit if more members/alts in their FC are like-minded, though.

Edit: Just for transparency my worth was closer to 40 million when I quit, 24 million was just what ended up going to the FC, so consider that these individuals could have had quite the fortune just between the two of them. I didn't foresee housing costing as much as it does (no one did) and ended up giving a fair chunk of my gil to friends as well when I quit/before housing prices were announced. Hell, my initial pledge to Maple was only like 10 million, and I figured that was going to be overkill.

We would love to have you over!

I am familiar with Shear. Taking into account that you had accumulated nearly 40 million, then it's certainly feasible for them to reach this amount with two or more other individuals in a similar position, attacking the market just as aggressively. Congratulations should be in order. Hopefully, we will follow them soon with the next large house on Ultros.

WolvenOne

I think, even with it's downsides, RNG is a pretty fair system. Everyone has the same chances of his item popping. 1/8 means you have 12.5% chances of the item you looking for pops, is much better that those 1% from FF XI times.

The problem with coil is that is locked after you do it one time every week which means you only have "one ticket" to win the lottery for each floor item for week.

True, and I suspect that in 2.2 floors 1-5 will be taken off lockout, or at least put onto a less severe lockout. Turns 6-10 though, I suspect those will be on the same lockout.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
True, and I suspect that in 2.2 floors 1-5 will be taken off lockout, or at least put onto a less severe lockout. Turns 6-10 though, I suspect those will be on the same lockout.

I expect them to keep T1-10 on the same weekly lockout and provide differentiated gear for T6-10.

WolvenOne

I expect them to keep T1-10 on the same weekly lockout and provide differentiated gear for T6-10.

I can certainly see them, not removing the lockout. I guess it depends on how many Turns they're going to have in Coil, and when completing Turns in Coil become a pre-requisite for moving the story forward.

Once completing turns 1-5 are necessary to move the story forward, they'll nerf it in some way. Removing the lockout would be the most effective way to nerf it, without actually reducing the difficulty level in any real way.

Granted, it could be 2.3, or 2.4 before we reach that point. I do agree that we'll start seeing differentiated gear in 6-10 though. Probably iLvl 100 or whatnot armor, and such.

GraveRobberX

Well T6-10 most likely will go with Allagan 2 and Myth 2 (maybe requiring the double amount, so if myth body was 825, now it's 1650 for version 2)

They'll have to make Turn 1-5 more open to the public at large
If they keep the lockout the way it is, you won't let people who are still trying to catch up get to the people who are clearing Turn 1-5 on a weekly basis
Either have a clear flag, that if you clear Turn 1-5, you can run it again as you please (maybe give it an allowance for the week, cap it to 2 or 3) or if you touch Turn 6+ now you are locked out from Turn 1-5

WolvenOne

Well T6-10 most likely will go with Allagan 2 and Myth 2 (maybe requiring the double amount, so if myth body was 825, now it's 1650 for version 2)

They'll have to make Turn 1-5 more open to the public at large
If they keep the lockout the way it is, you won't let people who are still trying to catch up get to the people who are clearing Turn 1-5 on a weekly basis
Either have a clear flag, that if you clear Turn 1-5, you can run it again as you please (maybe give it an allowance for the week, cap it to 2 or 3) or if you touch Turn 6+ now you are locked out from Turn 1-5

Ye-ouch! That'd certainly be one way to drive up the value of Myth Tomes. XD

I kinda like that idea actually. Though I think I'd prefer to see an upgrade system implemented, so you could +1 Myth Armor the same way you could +1 Relics.

pablito

yeah we get a ton of mage drops. healer and dps mage all day. however it's made our group stronger since those are the people that needed drops the most. all but 1 of our mages just graduated titan university a few weeks ago. i'm almost i90 drg from just myth purchases and i don't use my drg in coil (we have a mnk and only i have a well enough geared brd) so those chests have been appropriately used. i won't give up though. cuz i know as soon as i do, drg drops all day.

GraveRobberX

Ye-ouch! That'd certainly be one way to drive up the value of Myth Tomes. XD

I kinda like that idea actually. Though I think I'd prefer to see an upgrade system implemented, so you could +1 Myth Armor the same way you could +1 Relics.

Well from the live letters and sneak peek "Confidential" stamp plastered on gear setups they are working on, looks like new stuff, not upgrades

I mean this is DRG AF2 (Myth 2):
Y8PJVwG.jpg

Allagan 2 Tank gear looks way different:
lV9gILH.jpg

Even the weapons take a dramatic change with the sword, shield and axe really standing out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom