• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucis

Haha. Also, I played on my PC and one shotted Garuda EX as MT. So once I fix my PC location situation I could do it without problem. Or maybe if I get a PS4 first. PS3 version is just ridiculously bad as a MT. The framerate and for some reason I never see the second teleport before 2xWW when the tornados pop up. So much lag. :/ Maybe I'll check google and see if there are some settings on PS3 to remedy this. Turning everything off changed nothing. D:

Edit: First result http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/133411-PS3-Garuda-Extreme-Extreme-Performance-Issues Looks like it was accepted as a bug? o_O

You mt next time so i can go as BARD!!!!!

Teknoman

Proof that I was in the 1.0 beta. :eek: I found this today in a random folder.

Flashback:

ibiSqpC5zOsveD.jpg

ib0Oxzqnyq3pqo.jpg

id1w3fGYSgicW.jpg

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Ugh, didn't realize swift cast was a lvl 26 spell. Looks like I'll be leveling THM a ways further. Not too keen on it in the lower levels, but I'll have to tough it out. Really want instant cast for emergencies as WHM.

Ugh, didn't realize swift cast was a lvl 26 spell. Looks like I'll be leveling THM a ways further. Not too keen on it in the lower levels, but I'll have to tough it out. Really want instant cast for emergencies as WHM.

Also helps to get ACN up to level 34 for Eye for Eye.

When I heal with Shin Ryujin on his SCH, we take on everything without a problem. But we're also talking on Skype and making sure we know what's going on at all times. We've saved several CT runs with that duo. As I said above, that rarely happens because most SCH players don't want to heal.

I figured it was probably because the guy in question wasn't doing their job, but I didn't know where you were coming from--so I felt it was worth mentioning that SCH can look like they're DPSing when in fact they're still doing their job.

Looks like you already knew, so then I gotta agree. At the end of the day, healers gotta heal!

Welp, this is shitty luck. Just stared this last night, and my smart phone crashed today. Now I can't get my one-time password, and I don't have an emergency remover code. I'm fucked.

*EDIT*
OKay. That was a pain free process. That literally took 2 minutes on the phone for them to remove my phone so I can set it up again. That was impressive. Probably lots of practice dealing with other morons like me.

Note: To any aspiring SMN's...the only cross class skills you really need are Blizzard 2, Raging Strikes and Swiftcast. Swiftcast is a must, don't leave home without it.

Kenai

While we're talking scholar... Every scholar has the fairy on obey for endgame healing right? That's what I was told so I've been practicing healing with her manually in the early dungeons.

It's good practie for the times you need it. Lining up Rouse + Whispering Dawn is pretty nice and easier to do that way. Sometimes I just use place though (and in Titan/Ifrit EX I just have her follow me a lot because trying to position for Place in those is awful).

I really hope someday they code fairy movement to return to the place you put her at originally if she gets knocked away.

After getting bored to tears of trying to min/max SMN, I just decided as long as my accuracy is high enough for Twin and I'm all i90, I will be good.

So now it's just level BRD and MNK since they're fun and getting better at healing.

I should craft again...

Using both a 360 gamepad and the Dualshock 4 on PC. I played pretty much exclusively on controller, and have tanked most endgame fights with no problem at all. The biggest issues with the controller were sorted out with the 2.1 patch.

Have you had any problems with the DS4 randomly disconnecting on you in the middle of the game.

Ryuuroden

Can people still not transfer from legacy servers to non legacy servers cause I am interested in transferring my character off of a legacy server.

MogCakes

is it just me or is summoner the most popular DPS class? Maybe it's just because I'm one but I'm seeing them everywhere and every time I join a party via DF the other DPS is a summoner. There were several times where I had both a summoner and a scholar in my party so the three of us had to compete for equipment. Yech :/ that's the price I pay for having pokemon I guess.

and long DF wait times

BadRNG

is it just me or is summoner the most popular DPS class? Maybe it's just because I'm one but I'm seeing them everywhere and every time I join a party via DF the other DPS is a summoner. There were several times where I had both a summoner and a scholar in my party so the three of us had to compete for equipment. Yech :/ that's the price I pay for having pokemon I guess.
Arcanist is a pretty appealing class to level, especially as an alt(which are a good chunk of the current levelers I imagine). You get two roles for the price of one. I know that's why I leveled one. Had that not been the case I'd of probably done a melee DPS and just finished off WHM that I leveled for Stoneskin.

SMN/SCH were the least popular in their respective roles during that census SE did a little bit after launch. I wish they'd do another one sometime, there were some interesting stats in there.

gatti-man

and long DF wait times
Roll a tank alt for low que times. My i87 blm is coil only now as I've quickly geared my tank in ct and grabbed an axe of hm titan.

All these acronyms are so confusing....

Just hit Level 11 as a Thaumaturge. I'm feeling a little lost as to what to do in this game. I feel like I'm still just leveling so I can eventually do the fun stuff, and unfortunately not having too much fun along the way. I think it might be time to dip my toes in another class and see if that will help.

gatti-man

Just hit Level 11 as a Thaumaturge. I'm feeling a little lost as to what to do in this game. I feel like I'm still just leveling so I can eventually do the fun stuff, and unfortunately not having too much fun along the way. I think it might be time to dip my toes in another class and see if that will help.
Try lancer. It's fun pretty fast. Thurm is very simple early on.

suzu

Try to keep up with the main scenario quests (the quest icon looks different from normal ones) and your class quests (every 5 levels). The first dungeon is unlocked at level 15.

Is it wrong of after another round of not getting CT gear I randomly join on of my FC mates who was drunk and decide to troll people in CT. She had a whole bunch of us with her I ended up SC flaring the inititial trash mobs and pulled Bone Dragon a couple of times. So if you DF Crystal Tower and there was someone randomly flaring things it was me. Fuck Crystal Tower. We also trolled someone in Titan hard who said he wanted to be carried, again I pulled with flare

Try to keep up with the main scenario quests (the quest icon looks different from normal ones) and your class quests (every 5 levels). The first dungeon is unlocked at level 15.

Bah....I'm a moron. I only did about 3 main quests early on, then stopped. I've actually been running out of quests to do, and about 2 hours ago I ran by one that was level 5 so I ignored it....welp, I guess that was my next main quest that would've kept things going. Thank you.

And I've been tempted to give Lancer a try also. For now, I'll keep with my main and keep on pluggin' along.

gatti-man

Is it wrong of after another round of not getting CT gear I randomly join on of my FC mates who was drunk and decide to troll people in CT. She had a whole bunch of us with her I ended up SC flaring the inititial trash mobs and pulled Bone Dragon a couple of times. So if you DF Crystal Tower and there was someone randomly flaring things it was me. Fuck Crystal Tower. We also trolled someone in Titan hard who said he wanted to be carried, again I pulled with flare

Yeah that's pretty immature but decent play should solve anyone trolling really.

I'm staring at a monster Behemoth at Central Thanalan....Vivid Orrin (GAF). Level 50. But he or she is AFK. Looks pretty amazing though.

Oh wow...just noticed there is a person sitting up there. lol.

and long DF wait times

I hardly ever see many SMN's, they seem pretty rare still. Lots and lots of SCH's though. Thank goodness, being in a party with 2 SMN's can be a drag.

BRD's and MNK's seem to be more popular.

MogCakes

I hardly ever see many SMN's, they seem pretty rare still. Lots and lots of SCH's though. Thank goodness, being in a party with 2 SMN's can be a drag.

Maybe it's just because I haven't hit endgame yet that I'm seeing so many SMNs. Or might be my luck.

Ken

I see a lot of BLMs and DRGs, the ones with the big damage numbers.

Sophia

I see a lot of Dragoons, and a decent amount of Bards and Black Mages. Although Black Mage tends to be a love it or hate it class.

K.Sabot

Yeah I sort of discriminate against SMNs in my head when 2 end up in my party.

Something akin to "Fuck, 2 summoners? As if one wasn't too much already." There is basically nothing appealing about having them in your party.

Ken

Yeah I sort of discriminate against SMNs in my head when 2 end up in my party.

Something akin to "Fuck, 2 summoners? As if one wasn't too much already." There is basically nothing appealing about having them in your party.

A battle class with infinite mana that can do in-combat raise, Virus, and E4E isn't appealing? Then again I don't know what's wrong with having 2 SMNs in current 8 man content.

Kenai

A battle class with infinite mana that can do in-combat raise, Virus, and E4E isn't appealing? Then again I don't know what's wrong with having 2 SMNs in current 8 man content.

SMN dps isn't the best until they get some gear (they scale really well with it) so if it's someone on a throwaway alt who doesn't really know/care what they are doing it can be a drag sometimes.

Besides BRD though they have the best utility out of all the DPS classes and are imo the best overall raiding class. No matter what fight they go into they should be able to deal with the mechanics without affecting their gameplay/top dps rotations much.

Ken

SMN dps isn't the best until they get some gear (they scale really well with it) so if it's someone on a throwaway alt who doesn't really know/care what they are doing it can be a drag sometimes.

You can kind of say this about everyone else though?

First off, I am a SMN.

Second, on fights like Siren or HM Ultima, having two of them can suck when there are phases that need burst damage in a hurry. And it's really rare to find a SMN that knows what they're doing so the mediocre ones stick out more than other dps jobs.

Ken

First off, I am a SMN.

Second, on fights like Siren or HM Ultima, having two of them can suck when there are phases that need burst damage in a hurry. And it's really rare to find a SMN that knows what they're doing so the mediocre ones stick out more than other dps jobs.

I'll give you that Ultima lasers are a giant pain for SMN.

Sophia

I don't think I've ever had too many problems with the Spiny being blown up by DPS. I've had problems with it being pulled to healers however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom