• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

Mileena

Banned
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will live as one

pass that shit homie

Darksol

As a level 50 botanist and miner, news of making the grind easier has bummed me out. I guess I'll make as much money as possible before that kicks in >.<

Mileena

Banned
Mine's actually attainable. It already mostly exists amongst Japanese players.

They don't wanna play with us in FF or MH lol

can't even download the keyboard app and pretend to be JP to get in one of those amazing FFXI parties. those were good times, I just typed random things and big Ws after

Lily

Pretty much.

On Siren I see people charge 700k just for Titan and 1.5m for Hydra through Titan.

Obviously it's the easy way out but I guess if you're swimming in gil it can be an attractive option.

What the..has anyone here actually done this?

What's stopping these people taking your gil then just leaving the fight?

Shouta

8Eo9Dhf.jpg

Ah yeah! Finally got it.

Now to use one of my Fantasia bottles to change into a black-haired Hyur with white eyes. BRB.

Cmagus

I honestly don't know. I don't know why it's expected and accepted for people in the west to treat each other like garbage.
It's just so weird honestly because 1.0 was nothing like this. I mean there was some but the experience was far more enjoyable.

It's a combination of many things I think and it just seems like the NA and EU crowd are fed up because of the constant issues. No one wants to help simply because they are tired on most of the content like castrum.

So... Rollbacks, likely or no?

The amount of stuff I've done in the last week is not worth redoing.
Roll back won't happen period it would be the final nail in the coffin for this game. They will just have to get this sorted out. Knowing these guys it's gonna take awhile.

Aeana

I play on a Jp server. Jp Titan HM duty finder 50% of the time someone leaves before the first attempt lol

Well, I still don't know why anybody would even bother with duty finder with Titan, since it matches you with a super sub-optimal group setup from the start.

For the record, though, from what I hear, that's pretty standard for everyone. People just don't wanna waste their time if they think there's no way they're gonna win based on gear.

Ultrabum

Well, I still don't know why anybody would even bother with duty finder with Titan, since it matches you with a super sub-optimal group setup from the start.

For the record, though, from what I hear, that's pretty standard for everyone. People just don't wanna waste their time if they think there's no way they're gonna win based on gear.

Well I have a relic from solo DF Titan so .....

How is Titan ok not to waste time but cm is ok to waste time?

Aeana

Yes but both scenarios waste time. And both scenarios showcase ppl being assholes.

They aren't the same. You'll eventually get your reward from CM, even if it just takes a little bit longer. Everybody gets something out of it. If people are undergeared from Titan, you go for however long people can take it before everyone bails and that's actual wasted time with nothing at all to show for it. In the case of Titan, I'm sure some people leave on groups that actually could have worked, which is why I'd never leave a group immediately, but I don't blame anybody for leaving after a bunch of failed attempts to even get past the heart.

Ultrabum

They aren't the same. You'll eventually get your reward from CM, even if it just takes a little bit longer. Everybody gets something out of it. If people are undergeared from Titan, you go for however long people can take it before everyone bails and that's actual wasted time with nothing at all to show for it. In the case of Titan, I'm sure some people leave on groups that actually could have worked, which is why I'd never leave a group immediately, but I don't blame anybody for leaving after a bunch of failed attempts to even get past the heart.

Have you never been in a failed cm run? I have done a lot of CM, and about 3 runs have failed.

Aeana

Have you never been in a failed cm run? I have done a lot of CM, and about 3 runs have failed.

The only reason I've ever had a CM run fail is when people ragequit because someone aggroed something that isn't part of the speedrun or because someone was watching cutscenes.

Mandoric

Banned
It's just so weird honestly because 1.0 was nothing like this. I mean there was some but the experience was far more enjoyable.

It's a combination of many things I think and it just seems like the NA and EU crowd are fed up because of the constant issues. No one wants to help simply because they are tired on most of the content like castrum.

I don't think it's a helping/not helping issue. It has more to do with the emotional feedback structures of the game making each player feel like they're the star of the show; this is more appealing in western markets than 11/1.0's "part of something special" hook, but attracts armies of prima donnas who will engage in all-out war over how fast to run, or whether to lose half a BLM's DPS sleeping vs. losing half a BRD's DPS kiting, or even which languages are allowed in /p.

Cmagus

I remember saving lb for adds and just being able to win. Oh how far it has come.
Just about gearing up really hell when we speed run Garuda we don't even bother with the plumes anymore lol just nuke. While the first few times we fought her we just inched by the fight.

Mandoric

Banned
The only reason I've ever had a CM run fail is when people ragequit because someone aggroed something that isn't part of the speedrun or because someone was watching cutscenes.

See, I think that's why I look at it the other way. I don't think I've ever had a CM run "fail", but I've had runs lose members who were in a huge hurry compared to everyone else (and the downtime let me teach the newer players strat, so basically a win/win) and I've had runs with people who are dead silent up to and including ready checks, and then can't or willfully won't do their jobs (so i've gotta cover for them, spend more on food, etc.).

I don't think I'll ever be unwilling to wait and teach in a DFed run, and there've been times where I've swung the group balance toward "help the new guy", but in terms of sheer bullheaded disregard toward other players I've personally seen more from guys who have literally never had to deal with 7 other players before.

Aeana

I see the shouts in Mor Dhona have added "NO PS3" to the list of requirements. I can't wait to see what people come up with to exclude others next.

Ultrabum

I see the shouts in Mor Dhona have added "NO PS3" to the list of requirements. I can't wait to see what people come up with to exclude others next.

There are jerks in every game. I just try and ignore them and look for friendly people to hang out with!

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
I assume it hasn't seriously begun to spread yet because gilsellers don't even want -botted- currency (that "100% handwork" slogan) never mind hacked, and anyone who can grant themselves gil cap can also just magic their Vanya +1 into existence rather than buying it.

After a review of the neoGAF terms of use and regulations, i found nothing against talking about activities that are against any online games' terms of use, so here it goes;
If any of the following is actually against the terms and conditions, i apologize, ask for the prompt deletion and possibly clearer warning in the ToS.

Goldsellers are, usually, a centralized system - Except for a few very big sites, which are actually the same site, which like everything else, shall go un-named, ALL the gold bought on ANY goldselling site works this way:
(All info comes from close contact with a Chinese broker that actually does this as his job, and a responsible for the security of a game that will also go un-named)

Buyer places an order
Holder of the site gets the order, and finds a Stock Supplier, or a 'broker', which then finds a supplier.
The 'broker' may, or may not, hold a 'stock character' which is, usually, a low-level character used to get expected demand from suppliers and send to the brokered clients.

The actual holders of the site do nothing but take a cut and report to the broker, usually in an automatized manner. Their business is mostly publicity.

Now, you say, but a L1 char holding millions of gil will get banned!
Of course it does.
And all the 'suppliers' which traded large amount of currency to it with them.
Thing is, the broker doesn't actually care, and most suppliers found this way don't, or are too stupid to, either. Usually, levelling a character and botting to no-end until a ban nets enough to be on profit. Most companies do not ban straight from that, but do 'ban-waves', basically whenever they can be hassled, and will rarely ban levelling bots without much investigation. I haven't found is that's actually leniency (For that people that bot are still paying), or just seams not being woven tight enough. Still, this is the case.
IP bans are usually for such recidives, and 'big' brokers usually have a distributed enough network to eat hundreds of IP\Machine bans.
'Big' suppliers, which have special contacts with the 'big' brokers, also just change the game a machine is botting when banned. (Games can actually detect a VM running, and that's usually a flag. Hardly any legit user actually VMs a system, considered the inefficiency, past people with extremely powerful Linux machines running a Windows VM, but it's pretty unusual)

Anyway, That's all to say: The people doing the spamming usually have no relation at all to the people doing the farming. It's a pretty liquid market, because a machine botting a game isn't botting another, and a machine not botting is capital doing nothing.

Like any liquid market, and with a completely anonymous product (A broker CAN'T know where his gil came from, let alone a spammer.

That's because, due to a bad habit that i think started in EVE online (But, when i was told this info, i wasn't told which game it was - only that it was a known fact in the industry), companies don't actually ban a gold-buyer, in any circumstance.
Sure, they'll remove the gold, but won't do anything more.
Why? in EVE, it was a pretty known tactic to buy in someone else's name, and wait for the banwave that would ban said guy. (Yeah, EVE's cool\bad like that). That, of course, didn't last long, and the company had to stop banning gold-buyers.
At that point, since the seller couldn't get his client (The actual risky target, since most gold-buyers are repeated offenders) banned, he just stopped caring where the gold came from. It means that often, most gold will get removed from the client, but that's the client's problem, and, actually, will make the buyer yearn for more. So, the sellers don't actually care. (And if i had to judge, companies outside of CCP\Blizzard\Square don't either)

That's to say, any way to legally or illegally make currency will find a way into the broker's systems, if there's even ONE person that wants to profit from it by blowing up an account or two.
'Laundering' currency is also decently easy, with enough legit accounts at hand.

For dire example, when there was the last exploit debacle in ARR itself, the spammers were down to 5$/m in a matter of days. (The spammers, which report to the sites, and not to a broker, practice merciless competition between each other)

In this case, when the 'OUTSIDE' knows about it (The wrong person would've paid a pretty penny for such undisclosed info, of course), it's pretty much a given SOMEONE who's in their business, usually in China, or someone wiilling to bottom out a broker, knows about it. If the price isn't bottoming out, there must be a reason beyond 'I won't do it because i'd get banned within two days'.

Jarate

Banned
also, can someone make a character on adamantoise and get him past tutorial so i can invite him the FC im gonna make

I just want it for the community chest for me, my gf, and my friend

gatti-man

People are just trying to make a quality group which seems very hard. I joined a Garuda farm group everyone geared and we couldn't beat her one time. There are a ton of bads and no efficient way to filter them out besides a static. I finally found an fc that's decent (still haven't been able to hook up with sag gaf) but man pug groups on anything harder than AK is almost always a fail.

Kokonoe

Banned
You'll eventually finish CM. Promise.
There's a very real chance that you can't finish Titan depending on DPS. Literally cannot.

I consider myself competent as far as 'skill' and keeping up damage wise. Is my gear good enough for Titan? Or do I need something more? I have the Militia head feet legs and hands, and I'm using the AF body as it's better than the Militia body on my Dragoon. My current HP is 3216 and I have the best gear you can obtain from the marketboard. I'm also using the GC Twin Adder Polearm, which is the best one I can use at the moment on Dragoon. (better than the other two GCs)

I know you only play healer, I'm just asking just in case. lol

Khrno

I finally found an fc that's decent (still haven't been able to hook up with sag gaf) but man pug groups on anything harder than AK is almost always a fail.

I know that.

I've been on Titan since Monday for my DRG relic, and went on several Titan /sh parties, probably over 20 different ones during the week, some were decent and had potential, some were just plain horrible, but I couldn't beat it on any of those parties because there was at least someone screwing everything up somewhere critical (a dps falling before the heart, healers not being able to cure tumults or mountain busters).

And today with my FC we were supposed to do Coil, but 2 ppl didn't show up, so we decided to go for Titan instead since a couple of us were there and do it tonight instead of Sunday, and we got it down with no problems (well actually on the second try because a whm screwed up and fell of the arena).

Esura

Banned
Is it weird that I decided to just level up DPS classes instead of trying to attempt to get Darklight for my WHM and do all that seemingly boring endgame stuff? I was going to try leveling up Tharm and Archer as my next big classes but I decided to raise up Puglist to 15 for Archer real quick before I unlock that class.

But playing with Tharm and Pug I noticed I'm gaining levels really fast in the earlier levels and I'm mowing down (low leveled) enemies left and right. Shit, no wonder everyone is DPSing, it's freaking fun. Need to probably carry some potions on me now though since I can't just Cure/Physick myself anymore...

Kokonoe

Banned

Dang awesome!

Is it weird that I decided to just level up DPS classes instead of trying to attempt to get Darklight for my WHM and do all that seemingly boring endgame stuff? I was going to try leveling up Tharm and Archer as my next big classes but I decided to raise up Puglist to 15 for Archer real quick before I unlock that class.

But playing with Tharm and Pug I noticed I'm gaining levels really fast in the earlier levels and I'm mowing down (low leveled) enemies left and right. Shit, no wonder everyone is DPSing, it's freaking fun. Need to probably carry some potions on me now though since I can't just Cure/Physick myself anymore...

Level up Pugilist a few levels and you can use Second Wind which heals you via TP. Has a higher recast than Cure, but still good stuff.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Interesting write up. They really dont ban people who buy gil?

I think some companies do, but only for very select repeat offenders.
I've witnessed a guy who, in the span of four months, had bought nine thousand dollars of currency and didn't get banned.
(To be fair, he mostly had 3-4 stable suppliers, which probably looked like multi-accounts to the company).
In two years i've known these people, i haven't heard or witnessed a single currency-buying ban in any game. Usually they go by removal and a slap on the wrist, and some can be dickish enough to remove a multiple of the bought under 'Assuming other untracked transactions' or add a temp ban. Especially spectacular is EVE, which often leaves the character with a negative balance. Due to how EVE works, this is basically a 'fill it up or that char is mostly useless', and the commonly accepted way to fill it up is 'use the permitted RMT option'.

Kokonoe

Banned
If I enter Chimera by myself and lose do I have to redo my Relic quests again? Or is there no penalty for losing?
I know it's suicide. lol

Anteater

I kind of like the leveling progression rather than doing end game stuff, sure I'd like to do some of those contents since I like fighting bosses in mmos, but it's just very different styles and intent (grind the dungeons a bunch, upgrade gears etc). Leveling other classes allow you to learn different playstyles and how those classes are played so you know how to help other people do their job better when you jump back to your main, I think it's fun.

People aren't as grumpy with the lower level contents too so that's also a plus.

Zomba13

Arcanist is straight up boringsville. Spamming debuffs for damage isn't as fun as using a Summon in FFXI and doing PREDATOR CLAWS.

Yeah, being a gimp healer for 59 seconds and then pulling out a decent damage nuke for 1 second sure is a lot better than actually doing something useful in a fight.

Aeana

I consider myself competent as far as 'skill' and keeping up damage wise. Is my gear good enough for Titan? Or do I need something more? I have the Militia head feet legs and hands, and I'm using the AF body as it's better than the Militia body on my Dragoon. My current HP is 3216 and I have the best gear you can obtain from the marketboard. I'm also using the GC Twin Adder Polearm, which is the best one I can use at the moment on Dragoon. (better than the other two GCs)

I know you only play healer, I'm just asking just in case. lol

No, I wouldn't say your gear is good enough yet. You should get some darklight pieces and a weapon from either Ifrit or Garuda hard modes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom