• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrSuLeTzU

ff14ps4.jpg

Delicious.

Indeed it is :D

aceface

Just beat the story last night (awesome) and am now on endgame! Post 2.1 what's the most efficient way to get tomes? I know in the 2.0 days it was AK/WP speedruns but I know they added a whole lot more ways to get tomes in 2.1, I'm just not sure what they are.

dwix

Just beat the story last night (awesome) and am now on endgame! Post 2.1 what's the most efficient way to get tomes? I know in the 2.0 days it was AK/WP speedruns but I know they added a whole lot more ways to get tomes in 2.1, I'm just not sure what they are.

Duty Roulette is your god now. Also, Crystal Tower gives you 50 myth and 200 phlio.

Sophia

The item level requirement for Crystal Tower is only 50, and unless you're a tank, nobody really cares about your gear so....

Best way to farm tomes, for sure.

Stuart444

The item level requirement for Crystal Tower is only 50, and unless you're a tank, nobody really cares about your gear so....

Awesome.

Though getting 300 tomes for Main Scenario roulette (200 + 100 for the dungeon) + 100 for low level roulette isn't that bad either. :)

Sophia

Man, I just read about 2.2 news. Exactly what I expected, good thing I gave up on the game.

You are far too pessimistic for your own good.

Awesome.

Though getting 300 tomes for Main Scenario roulette (200 + 100 for the dungeon) + 100 for low level roulette isn't that bad either. :)

Assuming you're only interested in philosophy, yeah. I'm going to have to run that a lot myself in a bit seeing as I'm now gearing up a White Mage and a Paladin.

centracore

First week with our new coil static and we cleared T4 last night, I think the majority of us had never cleared T4 before this. Now for the nightmare that lies ahead..

<- Also, Goobbue avatar!!!

Wilsongt

Daily roulette was evil yesterday. Pharos twice, abandoned both times.

I set up a couple of ruru ex learning groups this weekend. While we didn't win, I gained a lot of experience and I hope others did, also.

Masamuna

So I'm new to the game (I have CNJ/GLA/MRD @ 20) and I ran Copperbell for the first time yesterday. Other than a 49THM getting pissy at the party and making me feel as though I needed to memorize a YouTube playthrough I did learn a few things about tanking. I also realized I need to learn how to mark targets. Does anyone have any tips for that, or tanking in general?

aceface

If you can do CT that easily I might just skip darklight gear and go for CT gear instead, good idea/bad idea?

So I'm new to the game (I have CNJ/GLA/MRD @ 20) and I ran Copperbell for the first time yesterday. Other than a 49THM getting pissy at the party and making me feel as though I needed to memorize a YouTube playthrough I did learn a few things about tanking. I also realized I need to learn how to mark targets. Does anyone have any tips for that, or tanking in general?

Just put two of the sign emotes (1 and 2) on your hotbar since you usually pull groups of three and mark before you pull. If you're on mrd just use tomahawk to pull and then overpower a couple of times in the beginning to get that initial hate then your main combo. Same with gladiator (shield lob into flash a couple of times). Always include more overpowers/flash with your main combo just to make sure you have hate. Another thing you want to do is cycle through the targets and look at the aggro on them to make sure the healer/dps aren't going to pull the mob off of you. If they are, just do your combo on that mob instead. If it does peel off of you, use provoke/w/e to get it back. Also if you can, don't move that much when tanking since dragoon/monk rely on positional damage

jiien

If you can do CT that easily I might just skip darklight gear and go for CT gear instead, good idea/bad idea?

You only get one CT item a week, so it will take you a while. Since you get so much Philo from doing CT runs, you can hunt down specific CT items (like the chest piece or pants, which are usually more stat-heavy than other slots), and use all the extra Philo for DL to fill out other slots.

aceface

You only get one CT item a week, so it will take you a while. Since you get so much Philo from doing CT runs, you can hunt down specific CT items (like the chest piece or pants, which are usually more stat-heavy than other slots), and use all the extra Philo for DL to fill out other slots.

Yeah sounds good. I mainly want to avoid the DL cowl, just don't like the look of it and not a fan of cowls in general. I want a hat!

studyguy

I just spirit bind. Even as a tank. The only time it matters is probably Atomos, so I just swap out for that spot. Otherwise I just don't maintank anything. There's always an overzealous PLD/WAR who demands to MT/OT so why bother. Let others be 2pro3furious i90 tanks on fights a fresh i50 could clear.

DrDogg

Really having a difficult time gearing up 6 jobs at once. I now have full DL for all 6 jobs, but the long wait for CT/AF2/Coil gear begins. This is what I've got and what I'm focusing on for each job. Any suggestions to speed up the process (or change up the priorities) is welcome.

PLD
Current: Full DL, i60 ring, Relic +1 sword/shield.
Want: Mix of AF2/Coil

BLM
Current: 3 CT pieces, rest is DL, i60 ring, Relic weapon
Want: Finish CT pieces, then mix of AF2/Coil, Relic +1

WHM
Current: CT hands, rest is DL, i60 ring, Relic weapon
Want: Full CT, then mix of AF2/Coil, Relic +1

BRD
Current: AF2 body, rest is DL, i60 ring, Relic weapon
Want: Mix of AF2 and Coil, Relic +1

SCH
Current: CT hands, rest is DL, i60 ring, Ifrit weapon
Want: Mix of AF2 and Coil, Relic, then eventually +1

SMN
Current: 3 CT pieces, rest is DL, i60 ring, Garuda weapon
Want: Mix of AF2 and Coil, Relic, then eventually +1

My SMN and SCH are secondary since I don't really like SMN edgame and I already have BRD and BLM for dps. I also prefer healing on WHM compared to SCH. However, beyond that it basically seems as though I have no choice but to wait for my one drop a week from CT, one AF2 piece a week due to Myth cap, and however many drops I can get from Coil in a week.

The issue is that I can't get my gear level up very much, which means it's difficult to get into Coil groups or progress beyond Turn 1 or 2 with a pug.

That endgame grind...

ihhMPYD.jpg

pray your god Elliott

Which head piece is that? CT?

Tabris

Don't skip DL. Just do it at the same time. Get a body piece from CT? Perfect, buy the DL head piece.

Otherwise you will have to wait 5 weeks to be decked out in CT gear.

Philo tomes come so easily. I have bought 2 other full set of DL gear for 2 other jobs from my main, and those jobs are level 15 currently haha.

Masamuna

Just put two of the sign emotes (1 and 2) on your hotbar since you usually pull groups of three and mark before you pull. If you're on mrd just use tomahawk to pull and then overpower a couple of times in the beginning to get that initial hate then your main combo. Same with gladiator (shield lob into flash a couple of times). Always include more overpowers/flash with your main combo just to make sure you have hate. Another thing you want to do is cycle through the targets and look at the aggro on them to make sure the healer/dps aren't going to pull the mob off of you. If they are, just do your combo on that mob instead. If it does peel off of you, use provoke/w/e to get it back. Also if you can, don't move that much when tanking since dragoon/monk rely on positional damage

Awesome! That's good to know, thank you.

Sophia

Even if you are a tank, only two of the six tanks really matter.

Good point. The whole dungeon could basically be done with three tanks, and even then I'm not sure you need a third tank for the Walk of Lament.

Most tanks like watching poor healers kite Nemesis adds in the Thanatos fight.

I never bother with Thanatos in that fight. If I'm tanking, I spend my whole time just dealing with Nemesis adds and their AoE attacks. Makes things go a loooot smoother.

Aeana

A tip for marking, probably more useful for controller users, but you can make a macro that says /mk attack <t> and it'll auto increment the mark number. Just make another macro that has /mk off to remove a mark and it takes up less space than having all 4 marks on your bar, and removes a bit of thought since you can mark with one button.

What can i do with equipment once the spirit bounding is at 100%
Anything else besides turning it into materia?

Nothing much really, you can turn it into the GC for seals if you need some, especially if you can't convert the item.

Looks like time cards are finally available in the US.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GOOSORM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

My subscription is almost up...wondering if this is cheaper rather than just buying several months worth of subby at one time.

Wilsongt

is it possible to macro SMN's DoT rotation into one nifty button? Would free up some valuable hotkey slots for me.

Yes. All you have to do is set up a 2.5 second delay between all three of the dots. I had a macro set up for it, but I stopped using.

I'm really considering setting up a Swiftcast + Resurrection macro seeing as how that tends to be the only time I use Swiftcast. Plus, adding a sound effect would let the healer on duty know that they can heal and I'll take care of the raising in that instant. Really good in CT when the other healers are busy.

Item Box

Just slap on the royal outfit and the pope hap. It's all the same except the weapon.
But I need the weapon to have the complete look! I'm pretty OCD about that

Seems like he's on early, I think he works at night now.

Correct. My sub also expired again, heh. I really need to finish games in my library that's not pokemon so keeping my sub up would just be a waste.

I haven't done the most recent event yet so I'll be back before it ends next week

Yes. All you have to do is set up a 2.5 second delay between all three of the dots. I had a macro set up for it, but I stopped using.

I'm really considering setting up a Swiftcast + Resurrection macro seeing as how that tends to be the only time I use Swiftcast. Plus, adding a sound effect would let the healer on duty know that they can heal and I'll take care of the raising in that instant. Really good in CT when the other healers are busy.

Swift cast and resurrection macro would be a great way of saving healers, especially white mages valuable mana.

WolvenOne

So, looks like there's going to be another ADS boss in one of the upcoming Turns.

I really hope that this is the Final ADS, and that it's good, tough, and that unlike Turn 2, cannot have it's mechanics sidestepped. XD

Also, I hope they don't do that blasted thing where you have to kill and rekill a bunch of Mini ADS's first. When you're probably going to wipe on the actual Boss a dozen times, being forced to re-do the dungeon doesn't make sense, even if it's a short/mini-sized dungeon. XD

Also, still working on Titan. The lack of groups for that is making it REALLY hard to get good practice in. I mean, with Ruda at least, the DPS check was fairly early on at least. It meant that seeing the real fight wasn't that difficult. I probably shouldn't be going to Duty Finder for that fight, but my luck with the Party Finder hasn't been all that much better. XD

So, looks like there's going to be another ADS boss in one of the upcoming Turns.

I really hope that this is the Final ADS, and that it's good, tough, and that unlike Turn 2, cannot have it's mechanics sidestepped. XD

Also, I hope they don't do that blasted thing where you have to kill and rekill a bunch of Mini ADS's first. When you're probably going to wipe on the actual Boss a dozen times, being forced to re-do the dungeon doesn't make sense, even if it's a short/mini-sized dungeon. XD

Also, still working on Titan. The lack of groups for that is making it REALLY hard to get good practice in. I mean, with Ruda at least, the DPS check was fairly early on at least. It meant that seeing the real fight wasn't that difficult. I probably shouldn't be going to Duty Finder for that fight, but my luck with the Party Finder hasn't been all that much better. XD

Do it with your Coil kitty allies? You can drag Ketsen and Talis along too.

Could always just make your own "learning party". People will generally hop in those if they are up. Duty Finder is bad but not horrible if you just want to get practice. hell even Duty Finder groups can at least make it to heart. and into heart.

If you need post heart exp then make a party for that because most people can make to post heart no problem and will usually join those quickly.

Honestly the fight isn't really that hard. Since you can dodge on reaction you really don't need to memorize anything in terms of order. If you need to just practice dodging then duty finder works just as well.

honestly the hardest thing about that fight is row bombs when the safe spot is up front with titan or on the side with puddles if people don't bait landslides correctly

WolvenOne

Do it with your Coil kitty allies? You can drag Ketsen and Talis along too.

We can only get the full group together a couple times per week, because of differing time zones and all that. That's just life, you know. (I'm not being negative on anyone, really.)

So, yeah, I probably will try to do a GAF practice group again. XD

We can only get the full group together a couple times per week, because of differing time zones and all that. That's just life, you know. (I'm not being negative on anyone, really.)

So, yeah, I probably will try to do a GAF practice group again. XD

We had one going yesterday, we got to the add phase quite a few times.

chrono01

Listing for the ARR soundtrack is up on the SE site. Don't think it's available to buy yet though.

http://gc.digitalriver.com/DRHM/sto...700&Env=BASE&productID=296650500#.Uua-r7Io5Fn

$50 ouch. Why must SE take all of my money.
I'll order from CDJapan when they make it available, I'm not using Digital River more than I need to. :/

The PS4 Collector's Edition is available now too. It's, of course, exclusive to their store as well.

http://store.na.square-enix.com/DRH...700&Env=BASE&productID=296566500#.Uua_tqNra70

Thankfully the PC CE will eventually get the new CE items so I don't need to grab this. If I ever decide to play on the PS4, I'll either use my current [still sealed] PS3 CE or just buy the PS4 version digitally.

WolvenOne

That reminds me, I missed a CT drop last week. >_<

Not a huge deal, because you only need a few key drops to get a new class up to respectable stats. Still, I can't let that become a habit. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom