• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it possible to macro SMN's DoT rotation into one nifty button? Would free up some valuable hotkey slots for me.

No, it is never a good idea to macro a rotation. The wait command rounds up and you will lose the ability to weave instant attacks between gcd attacks.

aceface

3 runs and everything dropped except Paladin stuff.

I think I've said it before, but my wife is lord of the RNG on CT loot She hadn't done CT this week so this past Saturday night we put it on to show a friend who quit on the game and she got the BLM boots first roll. That's 6 runs of CT done total and she's gotten the BLM drop she needed on 4 of those. It's just funny at this point.

I love this game and I love you guys. <3

D'awww Tiv thanks again for putting that Prae group together last night and waiting for me while I watched cutscenes (Tomo here!).

Teknoman

I think I've said it before, but my wife is lord of the RNG on CT loot She hadn't done CT this week so this past Saturday night we put CT on to show a friend who quit on the game and she got the BLM boots first roll. That's 6 runs of CT done total and she's gotten the BLM drop she needed on 4 of those.

D'awww Tiv thanks again for putting that Prae group together last night and waiting for me while I watched cutscenes (Tomo here!).

I've always got crappy luck when it comes to RNG, but i'm just glad for the experience. Acheron has some insane looking attack target indicators!

Cool that you got it done, did you watch the scene after the credits to set up the new scenario events?

Has anyone seen that fouth chest in CT yet? I tried for it yesterday but never saw it. I don't need any drops from CT on my alt so I can shoot for it.

Stuart444

Tomo, the guy I ran Cape with I think? (Jade here)

If so, sorry we didn't wait for you to do the last couple of story dungeons, our timezones didn't exactly match up well for that. Glad you got it done though.

aceface

I've always got crappy luck when it comes to RNG, but i'm just glad for the experience. Acheron has some insane looking attack target indicators!

Cool that you got it done, did you watch the scene after the credits to set up the new scenario events?

Yep! (after slogging through the credits. I was thinking that maybe they would finish up after Answers...I mean it's a pretty long song, right? Then 6 more songs came on) It was awesome. The welcome you get back at Waking Sands is cool too. Also nice to be able to start right up with the new 2.1 story missions.

Tomo, the guy I ran Cape with I think? (Jade here)

If so, sorry we didn't wait for you to do the last couple of story dungeons, our timezones didn't exactly match up well for that. Glad you got it done though.

Yep that's me! And don't worry about it, I actually wasn't able to go on at all Saturday night so that delayed it a bit. I'd love to do the beginning endgame stuff like AV, AK and the relic quest stuff with the new 50's if we ever happen to be on at the same time.

Wilsongt

Iffy's theme isn't nearly as heart pounding as Ruru's or Tits'. Leviathan better have an equally epic theme or I will be pissed and will refuse to use him as an egi when it's released.

NdBbWOQ.gif

Lucis

This game is pretty good when you pretend beastmen dailies don't exist.

Don't have to pretend, I have never done them.

When all they have is vanity pets and mounts, the reward isn't that enticing. Just hope they don't end up like wow fraction reputation which give you useful combat item at eggsalt level.

suzu

I did the pumpkin quest from the Slyphs for the first time yesterday and... wtf. Worse quest ever. So much more annoying when compared to all the Amalj'aa dailies.

chrono01

Don't have to pretend, I have never done them.

When all they have is vanity pets and mounts, the reward isn't that enticing. Just hope they don't end up like wow fraction reputation which give you useful combat item at eggsalt level.
That's what it needs, in my opinion, a dungeon/raid useful item. Maybe stat-benefitting food or something similar to that. As it stands now, they're virtually meaningless if you're not into pet/mount collecting.

I'm still doing them [albeit slowly] with the hopes that there will be more useful rewards later on.

Teknoman

Eh the initial story cutscene is pretty cool...for the Amal'jaa anyway. It would be nice if they branched off with stories about how the beast tribes are actually just normal Eorzean residents for the most part, having those stories feed back into the new scenario.

EDIT: Dat FF 3 boss Soken version = great stuff. They better not pull any punches when Cloud of Darkness rolls around.

Bah, trying to unlock CT and got disconnected (and I was in a party on top of it!). This happened a couple times last night, too, during an AK run.

Edit: And I'm not having any luck so far getting back on. :( My apologies to the party that was helping me.
I'm Ty Graa on Ultros.

Giever

Bah, trying to unlock CT and got disconnected (and I was in a party on top of it!). This happened a couple times last night, too, during an AK run.

Edit: And I'm not having any luck so far getting back on. :( My apologies to the party that was helping me.
I'm Ty Graa on Ultros.

Hey Ty Graa, it's Lanier! In the end, we just ended up doing two unrelated FATEs with someone that we weren't originally helping in the first place. XD That first one in Coerthas definitely wasn't the right one, or one that leads to the right one, lol.

I'll try and help you again if we're on at the same time. :p

Valus

Does anyone play with a GTX 770 on PC? I'm having an issue where every now and then it seems like the graphics card crashes (game freezes for a second and then screen goes black) and recovers a couple seconds later. This usually isn't that big of a deal, but it got me killed in Titan EX yesterday which is a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or something like it? I tried doing a Google search but nothing really came up. Really hoping there's a fix to this...

Teletraan1

Banned
So, looks like there's going to be another ADS boss in one of the upcoming Turns.

I really hope that this is the Final ADS, and that it's good, tough, and that unlike Turn 2, cannot have it's mechanics sidestepped. XD

Also, I hope they don't do that blasted thing where you have to kill and rekill a bunch of Mini ADS's first. When you're probably going to wipe on the actual Boss a dozen times, being forced to re-do the dungeon doesn't make sense, even if it's a short/mini-sized dungeon. XD

Also, still working on Titan. The lack of groups for that is making it REALLY hard to get good practice in. I mean, with Ruda at least, the DPS check was fairly early on at least. It meant that seeing the real fight wasn't that difficult. I probably shouldn't be going to Duty Finder for that fight, but my luck with the Party Finder hasn't been all that much better. XD

They should rip off Halfus Wyrmbreaker from wow and what they should have done with the original. Give him 2-3 static buffs that rotate from a pool of 6+ every week. So instead of everyone always taking the path of least resistance like they probably do on the original ADS you are forced to deal with whatever combination you get. I am not suggesting a strait rip off of the old one either. Change the abilities up and balance them so its not a total wall with the worst possible combo but will make you think and have to learn that version. Makes running the fight on a weekly basis a little more interesting.

Titan Ex down. Finally, I was almost desperate at the end, but finally made it. Like I thought the best day is monday when all ppl is doing their weekly win, only manage to find a group that aren't checking for 2 primal ex weapons minimum or shit like that.

Ixian

Does anyone play with a GTX 770 on PC? I'm having an issue where every now and then it seems like the graphics card crashes (game freezes for a second and then screen goes black) and recovers a couple seconds later. This usually isn't that big of a deal, but it got me killed in Titan EX yesterday which is a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or something like it? I tried doing a Google search but nothing really came up. Really hoping there's a fix to this...
I use a 670 and have the same issue. If you look on the official forums there are indeed people with the same problem. :/ I've tried pretty much every driver available for my card but still experience the crash intermittently. Fortunately it hasn't happened in a while! [knocks on wood]

This game is pretty good when you pretend beastmen dailies don't exist.
I stopped doing mine after hitting 50 on Monk. Really dislike how it's pretty much three sets of the same quests. DRG is the only job I have left to 50 so I'll probably get around to capping the Amaal'ja if I ever decide to finish that up, but eh.

That reminds me, I missed a CT drop last week. >_<

Not a huge deal, because you only need a few key drops to get a new class up to respectable stats. Still, I can't let that become a habit. :p

Missed my drop last week too so I I bought Myth boots instead. My first CT run of the day today I said the Crimson boots were gonna drop because I bought the myth ones and of course I was right as they popped up after Bone Dragon.

Crimson Vest came in the end so it was all good

Feep

Banned
Did my very first Coil run today! Tons of fun. Got to Turn 4 final phase twice.

Looking forward to conquering it next week!

Time to pack it up and move on!!

*Funny enough, I dreaded doing MNK and BLM and made sure they were the last jobs I touched, but now it turns out they are (outside of healing) my two favorite jobs..

Yeah, I went MNK after I got tired of tanking all the time, and I enjoy it quite a bit. As far as BLM goes, I plan on working on that next. I want to try ranged DPS! :eek:

Did my very first Coil run today! Tons of fun. Got to Turn 4 final phase twice.

Looking forward to conquering it next week!

Yeah, you did well! We didn't have much time to run Coil this week, and I'm sure things will be smoother now that you understand the first two turns well enough. I predict an easy victory next week.

Zomba13

Check the official forums. I remember people having this issue. Didn't affect me, my entire computer crashed and reset when I had the problem with FFXIV but thats been fixed onm y new computer. I can't rememebr what fixes there were but people had the problem and there were a few suggested fixes.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Not sure how much more I'm going to bother with the low level Duty Roulettes. Getting way too much of the first four dungeons and not a lot else which is starting to get really boring. It's also frustrating getting sent to those after unlocking new abilities that I quite like (Bane, Fester, etc.). Probably going to just queue for specific dungeons from now on. Maybe Haukke or Brayflox and up.

Also did the easy mode Titan fight and the music was surprising. I thought I was in a Guilty Gears game for a second. =p

After doing Extreme and Hard mode Titan, normal mode Titan seems so simplistic...like one landslide? Only a couple plumes...no Titan egi adds...what kind of fight is this?

WolvenOne

Man, I need to get to some sort of breaking point in this game, and then take a day or two to collect myself. It's not so much that I'm getting burnt out, so much as it's simple exhaustion. I mean, after playing almost nightly for months, it feels like my brains starting to get a little tangled up.

Yeah yeah, I know, "shouldn't be difficult to tangle your brain up Tia." Yeah ha ha, I know, but it's been a whole lot worse lately. Even fights that used to be fairly easy for me have been tiring. Particularly in the last few days.

I dunno, maybe I just need a few days of excessive sleep or something.

Teknoman

Man, I need to get to some sort of breaking point in this game, and then take a day or two to collect myself. It's not so much that I'm getting burnt out, so much as it's simple exhaustion. I mean, after playing almost nightly for months, it feels like my brains starting to get a little tangled up.

Yeah yeah, I know, "shouldn't be difficult to tangle your brain up Tia." Yeah ha ha, I know, but it's been a whole lot worse lately. Even fights that used to be fairly easy for me have been tiring. Particularly in the last few days.

I dunno, maybe I just need a few days of excessive sleep or something.

That usually does the trick. Recharge yourself, do some other things for awhile, come back full force.

Also did the easy mode Titan fight and the music was surprising. I thought I was in a Guilty Gears game for a second. =p

Of the 3 current Primals, I still think Garuda has the best music by far. Ifrit's is a bit generic, combined with his appearance I feel like I'm fighting Diablo. The music that seems to work the least well for me is Titan's butt-rock but some people seem to like it so whatevs.

Of course nothing can touch the theme of King Moggle Mog the XII, may he live forever in his magnificence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom