• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenai

I do smn/sch and I always saw the point allocation thing as the trade off for getting to level 2 jobs at once. For lower level content you can do either regardless of point allocation but for endgame you have to pick one or the other, I don't think that's unfair. I picked scholar just because I like healing more.

It's going to be one of those things that they fix when it affects more than SMN/SCH. I like pet jobs in most MMOs and intentionally gimping one or the other without spending 10k seals is dumb. There's no excuse for it, but I am 99% sure that when other classes have to deal with this it will suddenly matter a lot more and people will be more vocal about it.

I do think that it probably won't be a super simple addition to the game, which is probably why they didn't bother with it for one class.

Isaccard

m5GJZSg.jpg

For context the only other thing I said was Hi at the start of the dungeon.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
How did the Summoners out there get comfortable with manually controlling your pets? Now that my Carbuncle can cast Shining Emerald, I'd like to get a handle on that.

Edit: Nevermind, thought Gust had to be done manually, but it's auto no matter what. Really easy to control manually as it turns out. =p

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Bah, trying to get Stone Vigil done to advance the story. Healer just leaves right away now it's constantly people cycling in and out at the entrance. Is this dungeon that bad?

Teletraan1

Banned
Bah, trying to get Stone Vigil done to advance the story. Healer just leaves right away now it's constantly people cycling in and out at the entrance. Is this dungeon that bad?

You cant just "Beckon" through the whole dungeon so people dont know what to do.

Xux

It was story dungeon I had the most problems with.

Teletraan1

Banned
He does make a good point though.

The old me would have told him to fuck off too. Now I just stand there and not combo and make the dungeon take longer so its slower for them and they dont get a rise out of you because that is what they are looking for. Or sometimes ill put on a slayer album and combo the fuck out of tornado tanks debauchery as a challenge because I am better than them.

Final boss is tricky and everything there hits pretty hard. Plus it's a really boring looking dungeon.

Kronotech

So I'm on the road of my relic and beat Ifrit HM but don't have any options for the next primal. The quest notes even state that I need to now take on Garuda but she's not in the duty finder. Any ideas?

So I'm on the road of my relic and beat Ifrit HM but don't have any options for the next primal. The quest notes even state that I need to now take on Garuda but she's not in the duty finder. Any ideas?

You have to attune to the crystal in the heart of Natalan in Cortheas. For Titan, you have to find another crystal in the Ogorro Mines.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
In preparation for the PS4-version I bought the PS3 edition and re-activated my account. Not surprising I was kicked from the guild. Will be back tonight. I'm guessing there is a lot more to do now.

Jayhawk

The Scholar in my recent duty finder CT group mentioned NeoGAF in his search comment. Too bad I can't remember his name because he left/disconnected after the second boss.

Teknoman

Go talk to scions at The Waking Sands. You have to go there for a new quest to unlock the rest of the HM entries.

On that note, Sabatons of Light! Now just a little more, and then it's Titan crashing time.

Lessons learned:

Dont stun everything on Ifrit.
If attacking one of the Garuda little sisters, try to get a little space between the majority of the party.
Dont run in lava flowing through the labyrinth (saw that in action)

Final boss is tricky and everything there hits pretty hard. Plus it's a really boring looking dungeon.

Looks pretty cool to me, but then again i'm a fan of Castlevania-ish dungeons.

...along with high tech, jungle, ruins, and frozen areas.

MogCakes

Pre-ordered.

How did the Summoners out there get comfortable with manually controlling your pets? Now that my Carbuncle can cast Shining Emerald, I'd like to get a handle on that.

Edit: Nevermind, thought Gust had to be done manually, but it's auto no matter what. Really easy to control manually as it turns out. =p

You'll want to keep Carby on obey in dungeons so it doesn't knock enemies away from the tank :p

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Managed to get that Stone Vigil run finished. It was actually pretty awesome. After a time, a Black Mage and a Scholar joined the group and we were chatting, waiting on a tank. Eventually we decided screw it and see how far we could get just the three of us. We made it to about half way between the first and second boss before duty finder got us a tank.

I brought out Titan and had him tank as best he could on the trash while the mage slept everything we weren't fighting, occasionally face tanking himself. The first boss took a couple of tries before we could down him. We just gave Titan a few seconds to gather aggro, and I'd pop Rouse on every CD to help him along with that, then we'd sit on the bosses butt the whole time, only moving when it would bugger off somewhere to do it's big attack. I think I spent more time healing Titan than anything else there. Tried to keep DOTs up as best I could and get out a few Festers, but it was mostly spamming Physick and Sustain. Still, we got the boss down, and it felt darn good managing it without a tank. We didn't even have a LB at our disposal, presumably because there were only three of us so the game wouldn't recognize us as a Light Party.

Once we did get a tank, the whole run was a lot easier. I enjoyed the second boss, a nice little nod to Utgarde Pinnicale. Last boss was really straightforward, I thought. It's just a Don't Stand in Stuff fight. Granted the ice lines it does when it takes to the air are a bit tough to see, but none of that stuff is insurmountable.

On the whole, I liked the dungeon, and it was pretty fun seeing how far we could get without a tank. =)

WolvenOne

Managed to get that Stone Vigil run finished. It was actually pretty awesome. After a time, a Black Mage and a Scholar joined the group and we were chatting, waiting on a tank. Eventually we decided screw it and see how far we could get just the three of us. We made it to about half way between the first and second boss before duty finder got us a tank.

I brought out Titan and had him tank as best he could on the trash while the mage slept everything we weren't fighting, occasionally face tanking himself. The first boss took a couple of tries before we could down him. We just gave Titan a few seconds to gather aggro, and I'd pop Rouse on every CD to help him along with that, then we'd sit on the bosses butt the whole time, only moving when it would bugger off somewhere to do it's big attack. I think I spent more time healing Titan than anything else there. Tried to keep DOTs up as best I could and get out a few Festers, but it was mostly spamming Physick and Sustain. Still, we got the boss down, and it felt darn good managing it without a tank. We didn't even have a LB at our disposal, presumably because there were only three of us so the game wouldn't recognize us as a Light Party.

Once we did get a tank, the whole run was a lot easier. I enjoyed the second boss, a nice little nod to Utgarde Pinnicale. Last boss was really straightforward, I thought. It's just a Don't Stand in Stuff fight. Granted the ice lines it does when it takes to the air are a bit tough to see, but none of that stuff is insurmountable.

On the whole, I liked the dungeon, and it was pretty fun seeing how far we could get without a tank. =)

I miss Stone Vigil, I'm looking forward to running it again when I lvl my DRG through the late 30's early 40's. (I forget what the exact level requirement for SV is.)

Stuart444

Is log-in down for folks? I am getting a system error when I try to open the launcher. Seems to be happening to some other folks on reddit as well. (UK/on Virgin Media here incase ISP/Country has anything to do with it)

Anyway SV is easy enough, it's just the mobs hit pretty hard (Wiping early on is usually based on how new the tank is, if they have not tanked the dungeon before, expect a few wipes I'd say).

On my last SV run, we kept going even with a tank who was new to the dungeon and by near the end, his gear was broken completely (and mines too actually XD). The healer and the other DPS also stayed, no one left at all during the dungeon, we just kept trying and trying.

Wiped a few times between bosses, usually due to overpulling or accidental aggroing due to patrols or the tank not realizing one mob was too close to another.

The bosses however were easy, first two got taken down quite quickly without a wipe.

After the 2nd boss is where we (and the other groups I had before this) had issues. Ice Sprites and Dragons near the room with the treasure before the final boss. After almost wiping on it, I was the only one alive and dragged the ice sprites and Dragon towards the second boss area where the shortcut was. We took them out there easily enough.

We also decided to skip the treasure room but the tank wanted the treasure so the tank distracted the enemies while the healer opened the coffer before dying. It was quite funny actually haha.

We finally went against the last boss and did it the 2nd or 3rd time I believe. Needless to say, we were all pretty pleased that we didn't just quit the dungeon mid-way and that we got through it. It's always nice when you get people who won't just rage quit at the first sign of a wipe regardless of the dungeon :)

Granted the ice lines it does when it takes to the air are a bit tough to see, but none of that stuff is insurmountable.

That actually caused issues with the first time we tried SV which ended in 90 minutes of nothing. We got to the 3rd boss easily enough and kept wiping. BUT it did give us plenty of experience with the dungeon making subsequent runs easier depending on who else we get in DF. :)

Stuart444

So last night, I mentioned I'd report someone abusing vote kick.

I just got a reply saying they can't take reports on behalf of other players.

BULLSHIT, so I have to just sit and see people abuse vote kick because the person who got kicked may not report it thinking it's useless (considering the amount of people who probably abuse it, I'm not surprised).

That just pisses me off. I have to sit by and allow people abuse vote kick. I won't grief people by messing up on a run where someone abuses it. (because they could then report me and get me in trouble).

Only other option is to take the debuff by being the first person to leave the group next time it happens. I won't stay in a group that abuses vote kick.

But that is serious bullshit. SE should accept all reports of stuff like this regardless of if it's on behalf of another player or not.

dramatis

The first time I beat Stone Vigil, the tank and one of the dps ragequit at the last boss because we wiped a few times. A summoner got in through duty finder and we beat last boss with just Titan-egi subbing in.

It's fairly doable, but everybody needs to be somewhat on top of their game.

UrSuLeTzU

Does anyone play with a GTX 770 on PC? I'm having an issue where every now and then it seems like the graphics card crashes (game freezes for a second and then screen goes black) and recovers a couple seconds later. This usually isn't that big of a deal, but it got me killed in Titan EX yesterday which is a problem.

Has anyone else experienced this or something like it? I tried doing a Google search but nothing really came up. Really hoping there's a fix to this...

I have the OC 4GB version from MSI and haven't experienced any issues both on my old win 7 pro or my new win 8.1. You should use the new beta drivers which have official optimization for the game.

aceface

Not from the PS3. The MP3 directory is only available on a PC with a BD drive; so if you have that available to you, then yes, you can export it. Inserting it in a PS3 puts an XMB icon under the [VIDEO] section, which plays all the tracks and the aforementioned slideshow.

That sucks, none of my computers have a BD drive, guess I won't be getting it then. Hopefully they will put it up on itunes eventually, I was on the store last night and most Final Fantasy soundtracks are on there now. There's a few FFXIV samplers from 1.0 and I at least found Ifrit and Garuda's themes which made me pretty happy.

Stuart444

Quick question: I read on reddit that with Titan HM (which we've not done yet, just unlocked Garuda HM today), a healer (or the tank themselves) should use Stoneskin before every Mountain Buster. Why is that?

I mean I get why SS is generally useful but why should it be used before this specific move?

edit: Also while I'm asking about Titan HM (not worrying about Garuda too much since it seems a lot simpler than Titan HM), is there a safe spot for anyone who isn't the MT from the bombs? Just so I can hopefully avoid messing up too much due to getting hit with a bomb is all.

Alucrid

Banned
Quick question: I read on reddit that with Titan HM (which we've not done yet, just unlocked Garuda HM today), a healer (or the tank themselves) should use Stoneskin before every Mountain Buster. Why is that?

I mean I get why SS is generally useful but why should it be used before this specific move?

It hits for a lot. You don't really need to do it as long as you top off the tank and they rotate through CDs for each one.

There is no safe spot period. Tanks just eat the bombs when they're near one. You'll have to learn the patterns and where to go.

Tash

edit: Also while I'm asking about Titan HM (not worrying about Garuda too much since it seems a lot simpler than Titan HM), is there a safe spot for anyone who isn't the MT from the bombs? Just so I can hopefully avoid messing up too much due to getting hit with a bomb is all.

It hardly ever oneshots the tank unless he/she is really undergeared but MB can crit and with autoattacks following right after you don't have a lot of time to get the tank stable. All mitigation at that point BEFORE the big hit comes really helps take off some of that pain inflicted by the big hit.. Generally, since the tank job is incredibly easy during HM, the tank can cast it him/herself. The SCH can also help with adlo.

dcye

Mechanics-wise Garuda is just as difficult if not more difficult than Titan. Its just way more forgiving and you can't be permanently removed from the fight.

Every bomb formation requires some timing and movement to dodge the explosions. There was some picture out there that explained it which is more easily than words.

Basically only the MT should get hit by a bomb and even MT can evade bombs, which is tricky and can make the tank fell out of the battle ground which is game over. Is easier to just eat one bomb

m5GJZSg.jpg

For context the only other thing I said was Hi at the start of the dungeon.

I swear, some people just play online games to vent their RL frustrations. How can people get this mad at a vidya game?

If he was upset that you were 'spinning mobs', he should of told you about it when it was happening. Some people need to learn how to communicate and put down the haterade.

Lucis

Mechanics-wise Garuda is just as difficult if not more difficult than Titan. Its just way more forgiving and you can't be permanently removed from the fight.

you serial?
if there is statistics, i can bet that perma removal (getting hit by LS) is not one of the highest cause of death in titan ex.
titan ex is harder because of the difficulty of recover and the fast succession of everything that's going on. garuda ex is like a chill fight. However you still can't recover if mt dies with both garuda and the add up

Worst Coil group to be renamed Coil Group Drowning in Caster loot

please make it stop

Alagan casting pants BIS for SMN my foot, dumb things killed my accuracy by ten points, back to incredibly short SMN myth skirt.

Get the SMN primal book. Thats what I have been using since I got the pants from T4

I swear, some people just play online games to vent their RL frustrations. How can people get this mad at a vidya game?

If he was upset that you were 'spinning mobs', he should of told you about it when it was happening. Some people need to learn how to communicate and put down the haterade.

He was probably already pissed about the moving around while tanking thing, and then Ari asked him about the LB in a somewhat, uh... Ari way. I can see how it would set him off, but people need to learn to not be so srs I guess. It's just a gaaaame. I used to be like that, though when I was new to the game.

you serial?
if there is statistics, i can bet that perma removal (getting hit by LS) is not one of the highest cause of death in titan ex.
titan ex is harder because of the difficulty of recover and the fast succession of everything that's going on. garuda ex is like a chill fight. However you still can't recover if mt dies with both garuda and the add up

He is talking about HM Primals, in which case is kinda true.

He was probably already pissed about the moving around while tanking thing, and then Ari asked him about the LB in a somewhat, uh... Ari way. I can see how it would set him off, but people need to learn to not be so srs I guess. It's just a gaaaame. I used to be like that, though when I was new to the game.

No that I support such language and agressiveness, but tanks messing with melee rotations aren't doing their job properly. Period. Of course he should have said so way before and without being such an asshole.

And this is as a tank and as a melee.

Isaccard

Melee, Monks especially should know that their combo's are never going to be perfect in every situation for various reasons outside of their or other player's control. If I didin't Tornado Tank for a bit, our healer probably would've exploded for not picking up adds off him.

#Tanklife

I am totally surprised that "asking" someone for a Limit Break in a jerky way results in a jerky reply.
(sarcasm)

That was more than a jerky reply. Dude flipped his shit because he couldn't optimize his DPS. Maybe if it was a coil run or something I'd understand the frustration, but they were doing a level 31 dungeon. It was a bit childish.

frequency

That was more than a jerky reply. Dude flipped his shit because he couldn't optimize his DPS. Maybe if it was a coil run or something I'd understand the frustration, but they were doing a level 31 dungeon. It was a bit childish.

Well s/he apparently didn't say anything all run and only lost it when criticized for not LBing when the tank felt like s/he should.

Though this is just based on assumptions since I wasn't there. I just feel that if you're going to use a certain tone with people it's not unexpected when they respond negatively. Though I agree it was uncalled for, it's just not surprising.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom