• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

So 5 people from one party voting to abandon can end a whole CT? That's pretty ridiculous.

No, their own party will disappear. Another one can show up and join.
The twist here that Ari did not mention is that his own party voted to abandon the instance.

Alucrid

Banned
Okay, how about this

I was tanking Bone Dragon in the middle

eTVSbZc.jpg

oh, what you really mean is, "i provoked bone dragon's aoe into the raid"

Melee, Monks especially should know that their combo's are never going to be perfect in every situation for various reasons outside of their or other player's control. If I didin't Tornado Tank for a bit, our healer probably would've exploded for not picking up adds off him.

#Tanklife

I don't know the specifics in your case, I was talking in a more broad sense. For example how many tanks deal with Giant on CT? Some literally leave the giant inside the damn tornado making melee impossible to DPS him. When is piss easy to tilt him enough so his side and back are exposed to melee in that case.

That's outright bad tanking.

If you weren't there you have no business discussing the matter so basically 95% of you need to shut up.

I watched Ari the whole time and he was no where near the boss. Sure he counter trolled in chat but the dude was a douche.

They wanted to tank him north so I went to get food.

Antics ensue!

Meh, I don't get why some ppl want to tank it north, is not like the fight is hard or neither it gives a real advantage.

Still I can say I wouldn't wiped a whole alliance because a couple of scrubs. I would have tanked it like a champ in the middle and laughed at them.

If you weren't there you have no business discussing the matter so basically 95% of you need to shut up.

I watched Ari the whole time and he was no where near the boss. Sure he counter trolled in chat but the dude was a douche.

But Ari was the one that brought the incident here in the first place. If he provides an image with no context I can only guess by what is being told in said image or here.

I'm not judging him either, he can do whatever he wants. I just found it shocking because is something I never did myself.

Alucrid

Banned

He said he was tanking the boss in the middle.

kierwynn

He said he was tanking the boss in the middle.

He did, but another tank stole hate and took it to the side and Ari went afk. I don't know what happened after that because I wasn't paying attention to the tanks but like it doesn't even really matter at this point honestly. I'd rather just drop the whole thing. It's done and over with.

Isaccard

He did, but another tank stole hate and took it to the side and Ari went afk. I don't know what happened after that because I wasn't paying attention to the tanks but like it doesn't even really matter at this point honestly. I'd rather just drop the whole thing. It's done and over with.

Without explaining why tanking BD north is dumb? Come on.

Aeana

Clearly Ari wanted a discussion or he wouldn't have posted the screenshot in the thread. It just didn't go the way he expected, I guess. You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical after hearing complaints from people about Ari trolling CT.

WolvenOne

At the risk of sounding like the socially clueless knucklehead that I am, I just want to let you guys know.

I appreciate you guys a ton, you're just a riot. XD

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Clearly Ari wanted a discussion or he wouldn't have posted the screenshot in the thread. It just didn't go the way he expected, I guess. You'll have to forgive me for being skeptical after hearing complaints from people about Ari trolling CT.

CT is serious business after all.

kierwynn

So what's the reason for tanking him in the middle? I honestly don't know. To have an extra open tile to kill a skele on?

It's just all around better. DPS don't have to run around the room and through the poison to kill adds and not everyone is standing on the same one square and all eating the same aoe. If you look at the room, it's pretty obvious that was what was intended.

Alucrid

Banned
So what's the reason for tanking him in the middle? I honestly don't know. To have an extra open tile to kill a skele on?

When the posion appears the platforms are safe, so people aren't taking as much damage while trying to kill the skeletons as they run to the dragon. It makes sense, but since CT is "serious business", it shouldn't really matter if you tank the boss there or at the edge.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Because some people like symmetry.

Honestly it doesn't matter, the side is probably better for PUGs because the skeletons have to travel farther distances and the AOE covers less of the arena. But some people freak out that it isn't in the middle.

It gets killed either way though, so it's pretty much a moot issue.

Because there's no real reason for not to.

In the middle there's enough place for melee to stay there and move freely without being surrounded by poison and they don't have to move an extra mile to take down skeles.

Neither no real reason to move a skele to the north, all the battle can be easily deal with the lower half of the arena. There's enough time to kill skeletons and in the case you link 2 is a problem with ppl sucking/not knowing the mechanics and probably neither taking dragon to the north is gonna help...

Aeana

I honestly don't know why people ever decided not to tank the boss in the center. It is so obviously designed for that.

I honestly don't know why people ever decided not to tank the boss in the center. It is so obviously designed for that.

I was thinking the same thing. The dragons from
Brayflox and Stone Vigil
I tanked against a wall to minimize the range of the frontal aoe. Similar logic maybe?

While I agree middle certainly has it's merits, at this point when you know your task with grouping with as many as 23 potential pugs, might as well avoid going against the grain and tank it where you know the standard pugs tank it these days.

I tank it the way people want because it minimizes the drama. To be honest, usually if you DON'T do it their way, you'll get a few tanks trying to provoke it off of you. Not worth the bullshit. That's actually why I prefer to run CT as my Monk.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
While I agree middle certainly has it's merits, at this point when you know your task with grouping with as many as 23 potential pugs, might as well avoid going against the grain and tank it where you know the standard pugs tank it these days.

But we must force the will of 23 randoms. This is the CT way. How else do we differentiate ourselves from the herd?

Aeana

In the end, I just want to get the dungeon over with ASAP. That's why trolls are so irritating. They're wasting everybody's time. Apparently forcing people to redo stuff that's braindead easy and wasting their time is hilarious to some people. Folks can deflect with "omg serious business" all they want, but the reality is that nobody actually wants to be in CT, so it'd be nice for everything to go smoothly so can we move on.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
In the end, I just want to get the dungeon over with ASAP. That's why trolls are so irritating. They're wasting everybody's time. Apparently forcing people to redo stuff that's braindead easy and wasting their time is hilarious to some people. Folks can deflect with "omg serious business" all they want, but the reality is that nobody actually wants to be in CT, so it'd be nice for everything to go smoothly so can we move on.

No. fun. allowed.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

Honestly, the trolls are the only thing making CT remotely bearable for me; 'smooth' CT runs are lying driving nails into your eyes. I mean, we play this game for interesting stuff happening, and people messing around is literally the only interesting thing happening in CT!

(Drawing the line at actually making the instance unbeatable etc of course).

Aeana

Honestly, the trolls are the only thing making CT remotely bearable for me; 'smooth' CT runs are lying driving nails into your eyes. I mean, we play this game for interesting stuff happening, and people messing around is literally the only interesting thing happening in CT!

(Drawing the line at actually making the instance unbeatable etc of course).
There are other ways to get entertainment. My group came up with some scenarios to make things more fun for us, like letting the claw on the final fight kill whomever it chooses and then raising them afterward. It doesn't negatively affect our chances of winning, and it can be funny. That sort of thing is fine.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
There are other ways to get entertainment. My group came up with some scenarios to make things more fun for us, like letting the claw on the final fight kill whomever it chooses and then raising them afterward. It doesn't negatively affect our chances of winning, and it can be funny. That sort of thing is fine.

I kinda assumed that's what you meant! Like, other CT groups get really, really angry at 'PRAISE THE CLAW'.

WolvenOne

I hope that they improve on future Raids and such. CT has it's merits, but compared to Coil (which itself has a couple rough patches) it's kinda an, I dunno, unbalanced experience.

I think making it so easy has encouraged a lot of groups to go into it sloppy and careless. I guess this is kinda the inherent danger when you have a 24 person dungeon, and 3/4ths of the players are people you'll end up never seeing again. Hopefully, they'll get the DF set up to handle 24 person premade groups soon, and the next floor of CT is geared to handle fewer pugs.

I mean, this may be a case of the pot calling the kettle black, but, the designers making so much of the games content easily PUGable, has really hurt the overall average skill level in this game. They need to start introducing content that slowly forces players to improve and get more serious.

I mean, Titan and Ultima HM start to do this, but the EX battles and the last few Turns of Coil are quite are quite sudden difficulty spikes. It'd be nice if they had a few pieces of content that acted like an intermediary bridge between these general levels of skill. XD

frequency

I always had fun during raids just by socializing. Talking to each other about random things. Once you have stuff on farm, you don`t really need to devote all communication to the fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom