• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart444

and immediately stop whatever you're doing and book it whenever any AoE appears beneath your feet!

And even that doesn't guarantee you'll avoid it. I got revived during the fight and continued for a bit longer after heart phase, Titan readied his landslide, I moved to the EXACT same spot the rest of the group were at and guess what? ONLY I got landslided right off the platform. The others who were standing with me didn't. I couldn't believe it.

The biggest issue with Titan is server-side issues, his attacks are nothing compared to the server. -_-. (the amount of weight of the lands that I was out just to be hit by. Got hit by 3 of them when i was clear of all 3 of them -_- )

It was thanks to Elrina getting a group together that me and Alice eventually got Titan HM down for our first relic so thanks to everyone that helped us through it. :) One day, we'll beat it without dying. One day.

Yeah, the bad thing about Titan is that it makes you look incompetent even if you're doing your job well. It's a battle of memorization and lag compensation, because the dodging would not be hard at all if there wasn't lag.

At least now I can actually dodge after the circle appears. Before 2.1 I had to start moving before he even started casting it.

aceface

And even that doesn't guarantee you'll avoid it. I got revived during the fight and continued for a bit longer after heart phase, Titan readied his landslide, I moved to the EXACT same spot the rest of the group were at and guess what? ONLY I got landslided right off the platform. The others who were standing with me didn't. I couldn't believe it.

The biggest issue with Titan is server-side issues, his attacks are nothing compared to the server. -_-. (the amount of weight of the lands that I was out just to be hit by. Got hit by 3 of them when i was clear of all 3 of them -_- )

It was thanks to Elrina getting a group together that me and Alice eventually got Titan HM down for our first relic so thanks to everyone that helped us through it. :) One day, we'll beat it without dying. One day.

You're in the UK right? That'll do it :(
The bad thing is that it will look to everyone else in your party like you were standing right in the middle of it. They fixed the Titan HM lag a bit in 2.1, before that there were lots of "Get Good" vs. "It was lag!!!" arguments.

Stuart444

You're in the UK right? That'll do it :(
The bad thing is that it will look to everyone else in your party like you were standing right in the middle of it. They fixed the Titan HM lag a bit in 2.1, before that there were lots of "Get Good" vs. "It was lag!!!" arguments.

Yup, UK.

Sometimes it's quite funny actually. I see people in a weight of the land on my side but they don't get hit because the server (and probably their sides) shows they are out of it.

GW2 had a lot of positional based things and I never had an issue with it in that. In this however, SE just seems to deal with positional stuff badly in this :/

Rektash

Yup, UK.

Sometimes it's quite funny actually. I see people in a weight of the land on my side but they don't get hit because the server (and probably their sides) shows they are out of it.

GW2 had a lot of positional based things and I never had an issue with it in that. In this however, SE just seems to deal with positional stuff badly in this :/

Probably ancient reused 1.0 code or straight up incompetence in designing fast, efficient position handling.

Most other MMOs in this day and age have this locked down. For some reason people don't complain about it a lot in this game though - probably because there are only a hand full of fights where it fucks you over.

kierwynn

Okay, so, the Ultros GAF lalas really need to stop drowning themselves in my hot tub room.

8jSZ4pv.jpg

Had 2 more come in later and try to join them but they couldn't seem to get under the water. lol (The hot tub is weird about where it tries to put you sometimes.)

Zomba13

Okay, so, the Ultros GAF lalas really need to stop drowning themselves in my hot tub room.

Had 2 more come in later and try to join them but they couldn't seem to get under the water. lol (The hot tub is weird about where it tries to put you sometimes.)

It's ok. Lalas are amphibious. They can survive hours underwater with no air.

Stuart444

Had our worst CT run yet today.

Valefor fight: Wiped due to aggroing the valefors early and then some tanks aimed their AoE at the rest of the alliance. (most likely a troll tank from team C (my team was A))

Got through that second time and the rest of the pits were smoothly until...

Bone Dragon: Bone Dragon got tanked to the right of the entrance for the first time that I've seen (not seen middle tanking yet, usually it's north). Tanks Stealing aggro off of each other, in the first phase, some skeles never got tanked at all almost causing a wipe. (we recovered somehow).

Thanatos: All pots died within 3 minutes, wipe due to some tanks not tanking nemesis away from the pots (causing AoE to destroy them), some DPS not targeting sandman and the healer from our side only put Stoneskin on the pot and the left it. Didn't see them heal it at all besides that leaving Alice to solo heal it which is kinda hard when nemesis gets close to it and she dies because of that.

Did it second time.

Allegan Bomb: This is where it all fell apart. We wiped in under 1 minute on this fight. Team Cs tank decided to tank our Vassago and stealing aggro. Our team took care of the bomb that spawn'd but team B and C didn't causing a very very quick wipe. All the while our Team had to fight and ask "wtf" Team Cs tank was doing.

Second go, half the group thought, the other half debated between alliances who's fault it is and who is really trolling and/or just terribad. Also the replacements for people who had left got locked outside of the area.

3rd go: Half of our alliance had left, only 4 people remained. The new people came along and we eventually got through the fight without Team Cs tank trolling us this time.

KB and Archeon went smoothly though, I think by this point, anyone who had stuck around wanted to get it over with so there was no trolling tactics or anything by this point. I would never have expected KB to be the fight that goes smoothly though after all this.

I am honestly wondering if a group can top this for us anytime soon. It was honestly the worst CT run yet.

pitbull

Banned

holy shit thats creepy, glad i didnt look at that before bed

Aeana

You're just jealous because you're too big to do it.

Valefor fight: Wiped due to aggroing the valefors early and then some tanks aimed their AoE at the rest of the alliance. (most likely a troll tank from team C (my team was A))

Bone Dragon: Bone Dragon got tanked to the right of the entrance for the first time that I've seen (not seen middle tanking yet, usually it's north). Tanks Stealing aggro off of each other, in the first phase, some skeles never got tanked at all almost causing a wipe. (we recovered somehow).

Thanatos: All pots died within 3 minutes, wipe due to some tanks not tanking nemesis away from the pots (causing AoE to destroy them), some DPS not targeting sandman and the healer from our side only put Stoneskin on the pot and the left it. Didn't see them heal it at all besides that leaving Alice to solo heal it which is kinda hard when nemesis gets close to it and she dies because of that.

Did it second time.

Allegan Bomb: This is where it all fell apart. We wiped in under 1 minute on this fight. Team Cs tank decided to tank our Vassago and stealing aggro. Our team took care of the bomb that spawn'd but team B and C didn't causing a very very quick wipe. All the while our Team had to fight and ask "wtf" Team Cs tank was doing.

Second go, half the group thought, the other half debated between alliances who's fault it is and who is really trolling and/or just terribad. Also the replacements for people who had left got locked outside of the area.

3rd go: Half of our alliance had left, only 4 people remained. The new people came along and we eventually got through the fight without Team Cs tank trolling us this time.

KB and Archeon went smoothly though, I think by this point, anyone who had stuck around wanted to get it over with so there was no trolling tactics or anything by this point. I would never have expected KB to be the fight that goes smoothly though after all this.

I am honestly wondering if a group can top this for us anytime soon. It was honestly the worst CT run yet.

Our CT run was so bad that we didn't even get to Thanatos, we wiped several times on Bone Dragon because people let the skellies get to its body, causing that massive room wide aoe. And then group B kept dying and dying in the Atomos fight causing Iron Giants to spawn. And it wasn't even close. We just voted to abandon that run.

aceface

I've done 4 CT runs so far and they've all gone smoothly thank god. In all the 4 runs there was only one full alliance wipe and it was on Atomos strangely. But, I finally got my first healer drop on the 4th run so no more CT for me this week!

Honestly, healing CT has seemed fairly easy so far, I have not had many taxing moments keeping everyone topped off and this is in full AF.

Wilsongt

Did it second time.

Idiotic CT Mondays lives up to its name.

WolvenOne

So, whats the duration in which you can use the later part of a rotation, and still get the bonus effects? (Increased damage, enmity, etc.)

desu

Man the loot system is just annoying me more and more every week.

We got our 3rd SMN book this week from Coil and I think the the 3rd or 4th caster ring, but we only have a single BLM and used to have no SMN in our party. Yet we need/want 10-15 more items because they are considered best in slot but refuse to ever drop.

I really really really hope the second part of coil with have a better way of loot handling. If it stays like now I am not sure I will even bother with this crap anymore (weekly lockout combined with shitty drops for months).

Going by the prices I've seen people mentioning, it sounds like female characters are getting pretty shafted with this event due to those chocolates. :(

Traded with Raijuken for one on my main but no one would trade me one for my alt so I had to buy one. Thankfully I'm not hurting for money but still...

Noi

A friend of mine was awake when the event when live and managed to be the first to put Bitter Chocolate on the Hyperion market board; sold them for 69,420 each. Lucky bastard.

Going by the prices I've seen people mentioning, it sounds like female characters are getting pretty shafted with this event due to those chocolates. :(

I find it interesting purely from a sociological standpoint that in MMOs many men like to play female characters but many women also like to play female characters. This of course creates the gender imbalance so commonly seen in MMOs in terms of the ratio of male to female characters even though MMOs are actually one of the genres of gaming where the number of women who play is relatively balanced with the number of men compared to say the male-female ratio in Call of Duty or Halo.

Paprikka

Last I checked bitter was twice the price of pure. The quests give 6 chocolates, but you need 3 for the hat/gloves/boots and one to turn in so you really only have 2 extra to trade to other people.

It would've been better if they had given the other pieces as quest rewards too so you had 5 pieces to trade, but it shouldn't be too bad later tonight once more people log on and do the quests.

BadRNG

Maybe for the first few hours, but prices have already begun to crash hard. Both hearts will barely be worth anything in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom