• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jomjom

Banned
Really? I'm searching the website and I can't find a listing for it. I've searched for "Realm Reborn", "Final Fantasy", even "Final Fantasy XIV". Nothing. :(

I'd prefer to use CDJapan over HMV Japan, since I've ordered more items from CDJapan and that's where I ordered the Before Meteor OST, but I can't seem to find the Realm Reborn OST on the site.

Yeah i think it may not have been entered right in their system or something. They just responded to me today when I emailed them last week about whether or not they would be carrying the soundtrack.

Here is the link:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-20016

Sold 5.5mill worth of primals today.

Most money I've had so far in my pocket.

EehPQU4.jpg

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, has anyone here gone full insane and made eight/nine characters? One for each job? I'm not insane enough to do it, but I know a couple people irl who have.

chrono01

Yeah i think it may not have been entered right in their system or something. They just responded to me today when I emailed them last week about whether or not they would be carrying the soundtrack.

Here is the link:

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=SQEX-20016
Awesome, thanks for the link!

I'll likely cancel my HMV Japan pre-order tomorrow and place an order on CDJapan. I've only dealt with HMV Japan once and, while they were great, I'm a lot more familiar with CDJapan.

MogCakes

I don't really buy into the whole "extension of yourself" thing. Not in a game where you can be an elf, cat, roided half bear/half human thing, and a uh... I dunno, puntable creature. I was a male elvaan in XI for almost a decade and I never felt he was an extension of myself.

Looks factor into the sense of self, but the avatar is an ideal or a manifestation of the image you want to project to others in the game, so it doesn't have to look exactly like or even closely resemble the player.

Catboys are the lame. And they walk so funny.

On the other hand, they seem to be overflowing with swagger.

That's why I roll one. Dat carpal tunnel

Tabris

You know what this game needs and would really help me out?

Allow you to decide the skill used within a macro that displays the timer on the macro. So I can then know exactly when it's cool down finishes when it's a skill not on GCD.

I would love to combine some skills on macro to keep it to the 1 crossbar (I use 2 - 1 sheathed and 1 unsheathed but I'm finding it hard not to have 2 unsheathed)

Ken

You know what this game needs and would really help me out?

Allow you to decide the skill used within a macro that displays the timer on the macro. So I can then know exactly when it's cool down finishes when it's a skill not on GCD.

I would love to combine some skills on macro to keep it to the 1 crossbar (I use 2 - 1 sheathed and 1 unsheathed but I'm finding it hard not to have 2 unsheathed)

/macroicon "Skill X" will cause the macro icon to show Skill X's image and cooldown.

So, has anyone here gone full insane and made eight/nine characters? One for each job? I'm not insane enough to do it, but I know a couple people irl who have.

Thought about making another character, male dunesfolk Lala but 2 characters is quite a bit of work already. Don't know how anyone could do more than that...*dead*

UrSuLeTzU

What would be the benefit of doing such a thing? Hell, I can't even be bothered to make a catgirl as an alt...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
What would be the benefit of doing such a thing? Hell, I can't even be bothered to make a catgirl as an alt...

Well, the benefits to alts is pretty easy to see. Quicker myth/philos accumulation. It's more work, yeah but quicker in the end because of the stupid caps.

For example, say you do three alts.

1) Physical DPS. (BRD, DRG, MNK)
2) WAR/PLD
3) WHM/BLM/ACN

Each alt has a specific focus and can gear up quicker than if you tried to gear up all jobs on one character. WAR/PLD share a good amount of equipment. WHM/SCH, BLM/SMN do as well. The Physical DPS would be a bit slower since they all have specific stuff, but still.

If caps weren't there, people wouldn't even think of making alts in this game. Since they are, alts become a viable option for quicker gearing and more specific focus for a toon.

Besides, WTF else are you going to do in the game? =P Everything is pretty bland right now. =/

Alex

As much as I like Akihiko Yoshida, I feel like a lot of the racial redesigns taken from XI were a bit of a downgrade. They're become a bit too human looking now, in my opinion .Just missing a little personality compared to before. On the other hand, he made female Galka... or whatever they're called now look fantastic, so points for that. Either way, it amuses me just how much the models and equipment lay waste to every other entry in this genre, of course that was the matter of it with XI, as well.

I'm fuddling with what I want to do and how I want to gear across my three jobs, now. I tried taking my now latent WHM to Crystal Tower for a change of pace, and did an Ultima after. I don't think I enjoy it anymore, after so many years I feel like I'm soured on vanilla healing. I'd probably enjoy Scholar but I won't dare to try it without sitting at my desktop with a Naga which I don't want to do. My Bard is dumb as a sack of bricks to DPS on, but I still enjoy it from a utility perspective, but even though it's geared out I'm. I'm devoting most of my playtime to my new(ish) Monk, though. Monk I feel like they really, really nailed. It's such a ton of fun, probably one of the most rewarding and entertaining DPS I have tried in an MMO. Once you get past the curve it's hard to play anything else, and the curve really isn't that bad once the muscle memory kicks in.

Finished a Coil run earlier, first time since stopping before, was fun, Coil is al;ways good content... Still gotta try out the new Primal modes.

Madchad

Spent a couple of nights a week on twintania since around November, was not getting anywhere with it really. Join new group last week after giving up on old one. Downed it last night after one hour.

Now to finish getting all jobs to 50

Alex

Spent a couple of nights a week on twintania since around November, was not getting anywhere with it really. Join new group last week after giving up on old one. Downed it last night after one hour.

Now to finish getting all jobs to 50

Yeah, Twintania was a struggle at first, now it's not so bad. Everything feels a bit easier, now, a lot of it is all of the extra gear avenues (especially for Twintania). Of course, whenever slumming it alt runs in a DF (or a PF, honestly, on my server, PF is often worse than DF!) you still often come across some really poor players. I'm becoming fairly casual, so I try not to judge people, but when you see these DPS barely cracking 100-125 where me and the person I queued with are doubling that in samey gear, it just makes me sad.

aceface

Can you use a macro you can use to get a sound to play when an ability comes off cooldown? During a battle it would be nice to have an extra notification to know when rouse/Fey Illumination/Covenant are ready to use.

dramatis

Can you use a macro you can use to get a sound to play when an ability comes off cooldown? During a battle it would be nice to have an extra notification to know when rouse/Fey Illumination/Covenant are ready to use.
Only 1 macro can be active at a time, which means if you activate a second macro during the /wait time you add to a macro to tell you when XYZ are ready for use again, the first macro will no longer work.

With 2 min recast times, unless you use a macro for only one fairy ability, it's not good to use a macro in this way.

Zomba13

Managed to get Alchemist from lvl 1 to 30 (very close to 31) in and afternoon using 99 leve quests and around 20k.

Did the leves where you can trade in things like eye drops, ether and potions for a while (because I got so many from going through the story quests) then started to do "Unbreak my Heart". It gives 27786 exp and is a lvl 10 leve. Takes 3 Natron which I just bought off the AH. Now to wait for the leves to reset and accrue and then do it again :D

Alucrid

Banned
Seems pretty inefficient. Leveled ARM with all leves to 50 with less than 99 and the HQ items needed cost less than what the leves gave me.

Besides, WTF else are you going to do in the game? =P Everything is pretty bland right now. =/

yea, I can't really static for coil crap so theres like fuck all to do
I level craft a little or maybe a bit on a new job but ehhh whatever /keeps paying

some day I'll try ex primals..

Lucis

So there's no point in doing primal ex focus runs after 9 weeks,
I expect in 2-3 weeks it might get harder to PF finish some of the runs.

Hey, guys. I'm sure this has been asked a million times, so I'm sorry if that's the case, but what do you guys do to make Gil after you hit 50? I always made my money levelling up through Allagan Piece quest rewards. I bought the weapon and materia I needed for my relic weapon, so now I'm lacking cash.

suzu

Hey, guys. I'm sure this has been asked a million times, so I'm sorry if that's the case, but what do you guys do to make Gil after you hit 50? I always made my money levelling up through Allagan Piece quest rewards. I bought the weapon and materia I needed for my relic weapon, so now I'm lacking cash.

Beastmen dailies and dungeon roulette if you're not bothering with crafting/gathering.

I often sell tome mats for cash, it's not much these days but it adds up, especially if you don't burn your money on other things except for perhaps food and repair costs.

jorgeton

Finally got my relic. Thanks to GAF for the help with the HM primal fights. Titan HM took me four painful days to clear. If it weren't for the Gaf FC I'd probably have quit the game.

Forming party with randoms is so hit and miss, and as someone who comes from a single player RPG background, dealing with volatile player personalities wears me thin. I don't have the patience for some big shot tank or healer (or whatever class.. but tanks seems to be the class with the most jerks I've come across) voting abandon party after one wipe. Also, the abandon party function is way way overused now.

Now off to Coil I guess?

Zomba13

From what I've seen in this thread get super geared and sell HM/EX primal runs to shitty players.

So have any career SCH's seen the MrHappy SCH guide vid? Is it any good? Thinking about leveling SCH on my alt so I have a choice between WHM and SCH. Especially since I main SMN and that just won't do.

Yeah but... then said players go into DF and then... not so fun times.

I was in a Garuda EX party some hours before and 3 times we were wiped because someone killed Spiny plume way to soon. Is like the easiest thing in the whole fight, and it not like it was an accident of "I tab targets, got the spiny one ond he end with Fire III critical dmg!" one of the time I watched dumbfounded how the bard attacked the plume several times until it was death. At that point I was gonna ask if the bought their previous win (or they were trolling us), of course I couldn't because party ragequitted.

WolvenOne

I was in a Garuda EX party some hours before and 3 times we were wiped because someone killed Spiny plume way to soon. Is like the easiest thing in the whole fight, and it not like it was an accident of "I tab targets, got the spiny one ond he end with Fire III critical dmg!" one of the time I watched dumbfounded how the bard attacked the plume several times until it was death. At that point I was gonna ask if the bought their previous win (or they were trolling us), of course I couldn't because party ragequitted.

Yeah, a couple times on Titan EX I've gotten players, either in the DF or PF, that insisted they had already downed Titan, but didn't seem to have a good grasp of his mechanics. They'd do things like, running in front of Titan (sending landslides toward the Tank,) or simply get hit by landslides or Plumes repeatedly. I mean, even veteran will derp on those occasionally, but when you're getting hit by either, either every one or multiple times every run, then you're either lagging or you aren't a veteran Titan Slayer.

I can't say for certain if they purchased their previous Titan victories, but it wouldn't surprise me. Additionally, this is what'll keep me from purchasing my own. As much as I'd like to, just, get it over with, I want to properly learn all the mechanics.

Besides, I'm the Tank. I'm not certain a Tank, COULD be carried. XD

Jomjom

Banned
Has anyone pre-ordered the ARR soundtrack from Square Enix Store (Digital River)?

I was going to buy from CDJapan, but then the DOD3 limited edition was announced this morning so I ordered both to get free shipping.

When I finished my order it said that the ARR soundtrack would not be shipped until April 20. Did anyone else get that? I'm worried that since it's being shipped so long after release that maybe it won't be the first printing and I won't get the Bahamut pet.

WolvenOne

Healers carry bad tanks all the time.

Yeeeeeaaah, but I think that's more for fights where the tanking mechanics are simpler, if not downright stationary. I can see a good healer carrying an undergeared Tank through Titan HM for example. All the Tank has to do for that fight is stand still and hold enmity after all. It helps a ton if the Tank knows how to properly mitigate damage, but even that is optional if the healers are good enough.

Buuut, for fights where enmity has to regularly be handed off, adds need to be picked up and kited to specific areas, bombs must be destroyed and landslides must be lured, I can see no practical way to carry Tanks in those fights if they don't know the mechanics.

I mean, sure, they could be carried in the sense that they may be undergeared for the fight, but I still think they need to know the mechanics, and execute them properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom