• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Stop being in duty you guise.

I can't /tell anyone. :<

Sophia

Whenever my guildmates are in duty I start whispering them though means outside the game, like Mumble's private chat or Facebook. >:D

Quoting for the new page.

Codes have to be from the same region. I found that out when someone tried to give me a code and it wouldn't work for being EU.

In this case, you have a US PC code, which means you need a US PS3 copy of the game (and by extension a US PSN account.)

Whenever my guildmates are in duty I start whispering them though means outside the game, like Mumble's private chat or Facebook. >:D

Codes have to be from the same region. I found that out when someone tried to give me a code and it wouldn't work for being EU.

In this case, you have a US PC code, which means you need a US PS3 copy of the game (and by extension a US PSN account.)

Thanks. :) I was hoping it'd be otherwise. I might just forgo this account and create/purchase another to use with my EU PSN.

Bucca

Are there any guides for dumping extra stat points for each class?

Just hit level 10 on my Lancer and put a point each into Str/Vit/Dex. Does it matter that much in the long run?

suzu

You should put all your stat points into STR as a Lancer. Mixing it up doesn't really help all that much.

Edit:

Other jobs:
Tanks = VIT
Melees = STR
Ranged = DEX
Casters = INT
Healers = MND

neoism

man shame Lighting's gear is so low level...:(
holy shit though I totally forgot LR is coming out the 11th :O damn between this Bravely Default, ff6 ios over price mess and that game Final Fantasy alovermeh face....@_@

Are there any guides for dumping extra stat points for each class?

Just hit level 10 on my Lancer and put a point each into Str/Vit/Dex. Does it matter that much in the long run?

yea put all your points in strength. Dex does nothing b/c all it does is increase range dps which is useful for bards. Vit is hp, but as a dragoon it isn't necessary and theoretically as a dps you shouldn't be getting hit for a lot of dmg

MogCakes

The stat system's really straightforward, to the point that they really shouldn't have bothered giving us a choice of where to distribute them.

Teknoman

man shame Lighting's gear is so low level...:(
holy shit though I totally forgot LR is coming out the 11th :O damn between this Bravely Default, ff6 ios over price mess and that game Final Fantasy alovermeh face....@_@

Vanity system for Lightning gear.

Dex only helps parry/block rate right, and not crit anymore?

Lightning gear is actually useful for level...13.

I just keep my strawberry shortcake outfit on until level 15 when I can wear the awesome Acolyte/Foestriker gear.

Valus

Is there a way to sync up your /visor helmets? Like, when I /visor my DRG helm so it's lowered, my WAR helm goes up even if I don't have it in my inventory. I would like it so that both of them are down and when I /visor both of them are up. I hate having to keep typing it each time I switch jobs.

#visorproblems

Is there a way to sync up your /visor helmets? Like, when I /visor my DRG helm so it's lowered, my WAR helm goes up even if I don't have it in my inventory. I would like it so that both of them are down and when I /visor both of them are up. I hate having to keep typing it each time I switch jobs.

#visorproblems

I don't believe it is on a case by case basis. Basically when you do /visor it just toggles that state for "headpiece" so anything you put on that works with /visor will be in their alternate position. As in, system wise, you are not actually raising or lowering a specific helm's visor, but just toggling between the 2 possible positions of anything in the headpiece slot. The problem you are having is that the default state for the DRG helm is lowered, while the default state for the Warrior helm is raised.

WolvenOne

Aw crap.

Earlier I had a power outage in the middle of a CT run. (Sorry about that guys.)

I was able to log back in once the power came on, but things were in the middle of a lull, so I logged out. Well, eheh, now I can't log in. Everytime I try I get an error, "unable to complete version check." Same error I get every time my connections down.

Obviously though, my connection is working just fine. D:

WolvenOne

Crap, now the launcher won't even open without getting an error. Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall. Which, means I'm going to lose all my UI configurations. D:

Ken

Crap, now the launcher won't even open without getting an error. Looks like I'm going to have to reinstall. Which, means I'm going to lose all my UI configurations. D:

I would just give it an hour or few to let it sort itself out...maybe.

WolvenOne

I would just give it an hour or few to let it sort itself out...maybe.

Maybe, just did some random surfing these past few minutes, and a lot of websites aren't loading properly right now. So, it's possible that the power outage messed up something with my ISP, which in turn may be affecting the client.

BadRNG

That feeling when the same thing happens again.

To quote our musical wordsmith(bard): Fuck this bitch.

Going again late tonight. This time...this time..

You can copy your settings. For windows 7 the folder is C:\Users\*You*\Documents\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn

BLCKATK

It's heart breaking for real, had this happen to my group as well.

When you finally beat her it's gonna feel awesome!

In other news, after 3 months of searching my Allagan Visor finally dropped.

Nearly got the full set now.

jtCJYeK.png

As crazy as fuck as how you guys deal with snakes/second set of divebombs looks, as long as you are getting to the next phase constantly you should have it down soon. Why does Bookey from the snakes? Not able to kill the last two fast enough to make it so the debuff drops off before Twin comes back? Is your main problem that you guys are running into the enrage wall?

BadRNG

As crazy as fuck as how you guys deal with snakes/second set of divebombs looks, as long as you are getting to the next phase constantly you should have it down soon. Why does Bookey from the snakes? Not able to kill the last two fast enough to make it so the debuff drops off before Twin comes back? Is your main problem that you guys are running into the enrage wall?
We were having issues getting them down before debuffs fell before, but the tank with them has had their stacks drop now so I don't believe it's necessary anymore. Probably old habit from when we were, I'll make sure to mention it to Bookey.

Enrage wall was the issue in both the 1%/2% attempts (and Bookey was mid lb on both! gah!) Our real issue though was our positioning on twister phase just wasn't working, Bookey couldn't dps consistently, and we were having some twister criss-cross accidents every now and then with casters. We've changed things since that video's attempt and it's gotten much better the handful of times we tried it before calling it due to fatigue/time.

Hopefully she dies tonight. There's not a ton of areas we can clean up on at this point, even the crazyness of the second divebombs has been adjusted so bad rng can't hurt us so bad.

UrSuLeTzU

Well, the benefits to alts is pretty easy to see. Quicker myth/philos accumulation. It's more work, yeah but quicker in the end because of the stupid caps.

For example, say you do three alts.

1) Physical DPS. (BRD, DRG, MNK)
2) WAR/PLD
3) WHM/BLM/ACN

Each alt has a specific focus and can gear up quicker than if you tried to gear up all jobs on one character. WAR/PLD share a good amount of equipment. WHM/SCH, BLM/SMN do as well. The Physical DPS would be a bit slower since they all have specific stuff, but still.

If caps weren't there, people wouldn't even think of making alts in this game. Since they are, alts become a viable option for quicker gearing and more specific focus for a toon.

Besides, WTF else are you going to do in the game? =P Everything is pretty bland right now. =/

Play other games :p. After I down Twin a couple of times and get all the ex weapons I need, I will definetly cut my play time in half.

So what's the actual phy acc cap?

I heard 471, I read 482 and then ppl says you need 500+ for Twintania...

I always thought it was 471, but not sure anymore.

I hope we can beat twin tonight. It's not like we haven't seen the entire fight now...

Should at least get some better/more consistent practice now though with everyone dodging the divebombs now. We wasted a lot of attempts yesterday with bad luck with targeting during the second set.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Should at least get some better/more consistent practice now though with everyone dodging the divebombs now. We wasted a lot of attempts yesterday with bad luck with targeting during the second set.
Yeah @_@ that definitely wasn't good. Just have to remember those new positions now.

Yeah @_@ that definitely wasn't good. Just have to remember those new positions now.

Yep, maybe we should start practicing smaller movements for twisters so we don't kill each other. Seems like the people on the hill area are pretty close together and it gets chaotic there and it would give Bookey more room to move from twisters too. But we'll get it tonight I'm pretty sure.

chrono01

Kill it with fire. Slay Twintania, bless Makoto with alagan loot.
Yes, Yes, and YES! I fully agree to all of the above. Let us make it so!

Honestly though, as long as we can get a weapon that drop that can be used among the group, I consider that a "win".

The Allagan Scepter would be nice, though...

[Kagari for leader for more of those Caster drops!]

Hopefully we can get back to Twin practice soon.
Good luck, it really is a fun fight. You'd think, by now, that I would be tired of it and, while I would like to see her dead, I'm still enjoying the battle.

This game, it brings me many hours of entertainment.

I hope we can beat twin tonight. It's not like we haven't seen the entire fight now...

Yeah, I feel tonight will be better than the last. Better positioning during Dreadknight/Twisters phase, and [hopefully] more clean during the second set of Divebombs/Snakes.

Either way, I know we're really close, we just need to relax and play to the best of our ability, and we'll get it!

Bucca

Something up with the login?

Can't connect to the server at all (Ultros). It just errors out. Don't think it's my connection as that is working fine.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Should have resubbed for 6 for that sexy mount

I would, but the whole reason I resubbed in the first place is because of financial reasons (Found out instead of getting money back from taxes this year, I owe for once. And playing an mmo means I'll spend less money on regular games >.>) so dropping that much on a sub would be a bit much right now.

Yay, welcome back.

Hope I can find some people who will be willing to carry me through stuff once my BLM hits 50. Since I quit before doing anything past Ifrit HM, it'll practically be like I'm hitting 50 for the first time all over again haha.

I would, but the whole reason I resubbed in the first place is because of financial reasons (Found out instead of getting money back from taxes this year, I owe for once. And playing an mmo means I'll spend less money on regular games >.>) so dropping that much on a sub would be a bit much right now.

Hope I can find some people who will be willing to carry me through stuff once my BLM hits 50. Since I quit before doing anything past Ifrit HM, it'll practically be like I'm hitting 50 for the first time all over again haha.

People do primal trains all the time, it's pretty easy.

WolvenOne

Okay, quick update.

Tried the client this morning, and it was working just fine. So, year, the power outage must've borked my ISP for a couple hours.

Also, in unrelated news. My copy of the Bravely Default Collectors edition came today. :D

*just watched Team Freakin' Bookey's 2% vid*

Man you guys were so close, don't know how you could go back so soon after that. I would need a break before doing that fight again after being so close to victory...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom