• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

I left CT out on purpose, at least curent CT is a bore and casual fest and I have no hopes that it will change with the next CT expansion.

Eh, I'd be shocked if future CT's weren't considerably more difficult. Probably won't be as difficult as Coil, but, there's a lot of room to improve the difficulty level before you hit Coil level difficulty.

elyetis

I'm kinda curious about the DirectX 11 update and what benefits we can reasonably expect; I'm still unsure if it's coming out near or way after the PS4 version, since they've gone on record saying both--with "soon" being the most recent statement. If you can find some room for such questions in your interview, I'd really appreciate it.
Pretty much wondering the same. We ( sadly ) know the higher rez textures isn't part of it, so what is it ? I have some hope for tesslation ( really helped the ground in the secret world ), but with SE I prefer not getting my hopes up too much.

_woLf

So I have a 60 day card coming (hopefully) in the next week from Square Enix. My character is level 43, will be be able to do all of the Lightning content?

BLCKATK

All right guys it's that time again. I have another chance to speak to Yoshi-P so if you have any questions about the game/PS4 version I can try to ask them.

1. As it stands now, Free Company housing seems to exist primary for vanity and convenience purposes. In the future will there be new incentives to purchase a Free Company house, like things that affect gameplay, and will they be affected by the size of the plot that the house is on?

aceface

So I have a 60 day card coming (hopefully) in the next week from Square Enix. My character is level 43, will be be able to do all of the Lightning content?

I believe you have to be level 45 to do the last Lightning quest.

Another question for YoshiP- any plans for Horizontal Gear Progression (not sure If I'm using this term right)...basically a greater variety of gear at the same ilevel with different attributes, stats, buffs etc you can get? It seems as of now you are pretty much locked into one gear path at endgame.

OH! And also is there going to be a change in the future when you will be able to reassign attribute points in a job without paying the 10,000 seals? I'm talking about the Summoner/Scholar issue here where if you decide to go SCH and dump your points into mind you are screwed for SMN and vice versa.

AmyS

All right guys it's that time again. I have another chance to speak to Yoshi-P so if you have any questions about the game/PS4 version I can try to ask them.

Okay,

Is the PS4 version presently locked at 30 frames per second and is 30fps still the target framerate?

Back in September:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/09...-fps-1080p-equivalent-to-highest-pc-settings/

The PS4 Version of Final Fantasy XIV Will Run at 60 FPS, 1080p, Equivalent to Highest PC Settings

Yoshida-san explained that the PS4 version of the game will have a visual fidelity equivalent to the current highest PC setting, and that it’ll run in 1080p resolution at 60 fps, unlike the PS3 version that is limited to 720p and 30 fps. It will also display the same number of characters on screen as the PC version.

It’s worth mentioning that he didn’t mention if the PS4 version will run at 60 FPS stably or will just get there when there isn’t much crowd. A stable 60 FPS framerate would be a quite amazing feat, considering that at the moment you need a rather beefy PC to keep the framerate locked there in the most crowded situations.

Then in December:

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/12...-runs-at-30-fps-but-displays-many-characters/

Yoshida: PS4 Version of Final Fantasy XIV Is “Awesome,” Runs at 30 FPS but Displays Many Characters

When asked if the game will run at 60 frames per second, he responded (partly contradicting what he said in another interview a few months back, the plan probably changed since then) that the team focused on the number of characters displayed instead of sticking to 60 FPS, since 60 FPS aren’t a relevant advantage in a MMORPG.

Yoshida-san also mentioned that the frame rate will be 30 FPS, but like the PC version the PS4 version will render as many characters as possible instead of strictly limiting the number like the PS3 version does. There will also be options in place for players to limit the number of characters displayed themselves, for instance they’ll be able to set the game to view only their party members if they so wish.

In this case, I would actually prefer a solid 30fps with more characters on screen at any given moment.

dramatis

Will the dev team raise the item limit for large houses? 200 is too little and they definitely had more than 200 items in the large house they displayed in Live Letter IX.

Aeana

I would really like to know if addon support is still in the cards and when we might be able to expect it if it is.

yaffi

Wenn will it be possible to do things (talking to NPCs, etc.) while being mounted?

Also, are they going to work on how (tab-)targeting works in this game (it's not exactly the best idea to only be able to target something that's 100% in los)?

And finally, are they going to have a look into canceling spells/skills when a target moves past you (because as a BLM this sucks big time)?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Please ask him, why on earth the Garuda Glitch still happens on the PS3
She just vanishes for one phase, you literally have to guess what she is doing, luckily I've farmed her enough times, to adjust to it, hell I even sometimes bypass slipstream just by counting in my head
On Extreme though... Jesus, it's an automatic Wipe

Ask them do they really try to work on the PS3 version, do they use the bare minimum stripped down PS3 to see how the results are

I mean if their PS3 are slotted with SSD's and are running on LAN (intranet network) shit is not showing the true results of the game to people who don't have these requirements

Coil Turn 1-5 info...

chrono01

Stop being so hard on yourself Makoto! You'll get it!
Thanks triggerkiddo, I'll try not to be.

It's more that I'm disappointed in myself than anything else, and that bothers me the most. I know we'll soon have our Twintania kill, but when we're this close and a simple mistake from myself stops us from winning? That's especially painful. :/

Suffice to say, I'll never that same mistake again!

Zozobra

I'd really like to know what they plan to do to revitalize the crafting in this game.

Thanks triggerkiddo, I'll try not to be.

It's more that I'm disappointed in myself than anything else, and that bothers me the most. I know we'll soon have our Twintania kill, but when we're this close and a simple mistake from myself stops us from winning? That's especially painful. :/

Suffice to say, I'll never that same mistake again!

Listen to some relaxing music and don't make the fight seem bigger than everything.

Sophia

Ooh, I just thought of a question. Ask him if he has any plans to add some harder enemies to the world for players to take on, like oldschool style Notorious Monsters.

I just might do that music thing.

Of course not enough to drown out Mumble, but it might help calm me somewhat.

Don't worry no one says anything productive on mumble. Just Tina screaming for his life.

Edit: Well there is also Punch stories too but we'll leave those out of here.

Teknoman

Ask Yoshi if there will be an Ultros cameo battle at some point. Will the Materia system see some adjustments so that it's not just plus stats? Also more information on whether or not we'll have to dodge waves/ if the raft will be in motion during the Leviathan battle.

You should ask Yoshi if there will be more opportunities to get additional Fantasia. (This has nothing at all to do with a sudden indecisiveness on my part of whether I wanna completely change my character's appearance or not. Not a thing. >_> )

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
FINALLY.

twintaniawin.png

chrono01

Our group needs to step it up if we want to be the fourth FC static to kill Twintania...
You'll get there. I have faith in you guys!

I'm just relieved we finally got it. We spent some serious time in there, but I'm really proud of our group, especially considering we've only been making serious attempts at it for a few weeks.

The feeling after that kill, though. Best feeling since Titan HM way back. That sense of accomplishment/relief!

Aeana

I'm just relieved we finally got it. We spent some serious time in there, but I'm really proud of our group, especially considering we've only been making serious attempts at it for a few weeks.

The feeling after that kill, though. Best feeling since Titan HM way back. That sense of accomplishment/relief!
And now it'll be much easier on subsequent kills. The pressure melts away and you have total confidence that you can do it. It's pretty cool how that works out.

And now it'll be much easier on subsequent kills. The pressure melts away and you have total confidence that you can do it. It's pretty cool how that works out.

We haven't had much serious practice but I figure once we do, we can get it down.

Xux

Can you ask if they plan to visit more of the 1.0 story and maybe even conclude it, please?
F'lhaminn
was a pleasant surprise but the stories are otherwise left on such huge cliffhangers.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Can you ask if they plan to visit more of the 1.0 story and maybe even conclude it, please?
F'lhaminn
was a pleasant surprise but the stories are otherwise left on such huge cliffhangers.

I can already answer this:
they definitely will.

Kenai

Grats on the Twin kill! Our group should be there soon. We are scheming on how to do snakes better.

I echo the question about the SMN/SCH stat allocation issue. Paying 10k seals every switch is not acceptable for a game that stresses job switching and trying out different roles. It will only get worse as more jobs are added to different base classes.

For that matter, I'd love to hear their thoughts on if stat allocation is turning out how they wanted, since there is basically no variation. There's no incentive to putting stats anywhere else but a job's primary stat.

SMN and SCH really should have separate atat allocations. It sucks that ACN can have access to two jobs at once but you can only really choose one or the other. Otherwise you have a really gimpy healer or a gimpy dps.

I feel guilty for dropping this after enjoying my week with GAF so much after transferring over, but I'm waiting for the ps4 version to sub. I'm surprised how much I got done in my free month back in Dec.

Hopefully I will be invited back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom