• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

*just watched Team Freakin' Bookey's 2% vid*

Man you guys were so close, don't know how you could go back so soon after that. I would need a break before doing that fight again after being so close to victory...
Us being so close is why we're so excited to go back and do more!

While it definitely is painful, we're generally making more progress each time we go back [maybe not in a kill, necessarily, but in strategies used], so as long as that keeps up it shouldn't be much longer.

Thankfully, we seem to be remaining positive through the whole thing, so I'm glad to see that.

Isaccard

Tell Tina to stop streaming DPS meters. If someone sees it and decided to report him that's a ban.

Also, why does s/he having like 15 things open? Dost thou even dual monitor?

syoaran

In before PS4 remote play
3d6e84dc904611e3a1ab0af82f025223_8.jpg

Using Steam streaming beta, works flawlessly.

Seik

Banned
I just bought the game from a fellow GAFer, honestly, after watching a couple of reviews saying that this is the 'best apologies SE could do for the fans', I'm hyped.

Currently downloading...167 minutes left. D:

CLBridges

Finally my Bard is level 50. Took me long enough to get him there (I'm thankful for FATE parties lol). Unlocked Wanderer's Palace and ran it a couple of times. It was pretty fun and I'm still waiting on my weapon drop. Although the level cap is 50 right now, I wish SE had a system in place where you could just bank the experience you're still earning from enemies/dungeons and then apply it once the cap is increased. Oh well, it is what it is.

dcye

Finally my Bard is level 50. Took me long enough to get him there (I'm thankful for FATE parties lol). Unlocked Wanderer's Palace and ran it a couple of times. It was pretty fun and I'm still waiting on my weapon drop. Although the level cap is 50 right now, I wish SE had a system in place where you could just bank the experience you're still earning from enemies/dungeons and then apply it once the cap is increased. Oh well, it is what it is.

That system is good in theory but I think my Dragoon would have enough exp for lvl99 by now haha.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Any of the Leaders for the GAF guild on ULTROS on?

Been trying to whisper someone about getting added in. :)

Seik

Banned
Are most GAFers playing on the same server (people living in NA, specifically)?

I chose Exodus, but that was totally random.

Sophia

I do wish there was kind of something like Merit Points or a similar customization at the level cap. Something that's not terribly significant in the grand scheme of things, but can be earned at the level cap to give you a little bit of customization. Plus it gives capped players additional incentive (however minor) to run stuff that gives XP.

Or just any form of customization really. Neither the Cross-Class Skills or the Bonus Attribute points system are quite doing their job there, because there's a few obvious choices and not much else.

This evil elf guy in the LNC quest line is totally TOTALLY Guy Incognito. So slick of him.

The slickest man around.

I do wish there was kind of something like Merit Points or a similar customization at the level cap. Something that's not terribly significant in the grand scheme of things, but can be earned at the level cap to give you a little bit of customization. Plus it gives capped players additional incentive (however minor) to run stuff that gives XP.

Or just any form of customization really. Neither the Cross-Class Skills or the Bonus Attribute points system are quite doing their job there, because there's a few obvious choices and not much else.

Something like that comes when they think they have actually reached the final level cap. I'm sure they are going to up the one in the game currently in time while 75 was all that was planed for an eternity in 11.

Sophia

Something like that comes when they think they have actually reached the final level cap. I'm sure they are going to up the one in the game currently in time while 75 was all that was planed for an eternity in 11.

I kind of like what they did for the PvP Actions/Traits, even if I don't care for Arena style PvP itself. Maybe something like that for PvE would be nice.

On that note I can't wait for Frontlines.

Seik

Banned
Ultros it'll be then! :D

I'll re-create a character, train a bit doing some main/side quests and I'll come share my infos here!

chrono01

Sorry Team Bookey, if I had known more about not standing in the Neuro Links when a tank is up [to absorb the hatches] we would have had that kill. Even a second or two of that could have made the difference, even with a few deaths prior. I know we went over the strategy and such, but it seems as though an aspect of that was lost to me. :/

However, lesson learned and I will never make that mistake again. I am [still] confident we can beat Twintania this week. Tomorrow is another day...

Sorry Team Bookey, if I had known more about not standing in the Neuro Links when a tank is up [to absorb the hatches] we would have had that kill. Even a second or two of that could have made the difference, even with a few deaths prior. I know we went over the strategy and such, but it seems as though an aspect of that was lost to me. :/

However, lesson learned and I will never make that mistake again. I am [still] confident we can beat Twintania this week. Tomorrow is another day...

Stop being so hard on yourself Makoto! You'll get it!

WolvenOne

Okay, FINALLY seen all the Titan EX mechanics for myself. Died on the Super Bombs, but it was close enough that had I thrown even one more Tomo while Tanking Titan they would've had it down. Should probably rewatch the video one last time, and try again sometime tomorrow. I just hope I find a good solid group before too long. I mean, realistically, I shouldn't be too far off by now.

Also, yes, the Tanking here is definitely easier than the tanking mechanics for Garuda EX or Turn 4. The big problem is finding seven people whom are patient, capable, and aren't lagging. The mechanics may be relatively simple, but they just aren't forgiving, at all.

I mean, just to drawn an analogy. If a DPS is accidentally killed by a Tornado during Garuda EX, it probably isn't a big deal unless you were only barely making the DPS checks. Raise that DPS once they're clear and keep going. However, if a DPS dies in the later stages of Titan, it's all over. Even geared to the teeth, you probably won't be able to get things like the Adds or Super Bombs down in time.

desu

I mean, just to drawn an analogy. If a DPS is accidentally killed by a Tornado during Garuda EX, it probably isn't a big deal unless you were only barely making the DPS checks. Raise that DPS once they're clear and keep going. However, if a DPS dies in the later stages of Titan, it's all over. Even geared to the teeth, you probably won't be able to get things like the Adds or Super Bombs down in time.

Eh, there is people that sell Ex Primals, loosing a DPS does not mean you will wipe.

aceface

Okay, FINALLY seen all the Titan EX mechanics for myself. Died on the Super Bombs, but it was close enough that had I thrown even one more Tomo while Tanking Titan they would've had it down. Should probably rewatch the video one last time, and try again sometime tomorrow. I just hope I find a good solid group before too long. I mean, realistically, I shouldn't be too far off by now.

Why are you throwing me at Titan D:

Also, yes, the Tanking here is definitely easier than the tanking mechanics for Garuda EX or Turn 4. The big problem is finding seven people whom are patient, capable, and aren't lagging. The mechanics may be relatively simple, but they just aren't forgiving, at all.

If possible, but depends of your party DPS. Is one of the good reasons to bring a WAR. In short burst he can bring decent of dmg in situations like these.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
All right guys it's that time again. I have another chance to speak to Yoshi-P so if you have any questions about the game/PS4 version I can try to ask them.

AmyS

That came out of the Japanese PS4 pre-release hype happening now. There were trailers for other games too.

Was that when Square Enix recently released a trailer of FF XV with recycled footage?

Saw the thread posted but didn't actually read through it or watch the trailer(s).

EDIT: nevermind, I found the official one posted by PlayStation Japan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHqXeQxzZWM

This will be my first MMORPG ever.

Never played FFXI Online on any platform back in the day. Never played the original version of Final Fantasy XIV, skipped the PS3 version of A Realm Reborn, and don't yet have a decent gaming PC.

I also never played WOW.

The only online RPG of any kind that I have played, was the very first version of Phantasy Star Online for Dreamcast way back in early 2001.

The CG trailers for A Realm Reborn got me hyped for the direction of the game and the actual gameplay footage I've seen of the PC version sealed the deal for me to pick up the PS4 version when it arrives in April.

aceface

All right guys it's that time again. I have another chance to speak to Yoshi-P so if you have any questions about the game/PS4 version I can try to ask them.

I think the obvious question is if he is aware of positional lag issues in things like the Titan fight, especially for European folks, and if there would ever be thought put into updating characters positions on the client side instead of the server side.

Stuart444

I think the obvious question is if he is aware of positional lag issues in things like the Titan fight, especially for European folks, and if there would ever be thought put into updating characters positions on the client side instead of the server side.

This would be my number 1 question.

I'm kinda curious about the DirectX 11 update and what benefits we can reasonably expect; I'm still unsure if it's coming out near or way after the PS4 version, since they've gone on record saying both--with "soon" being the most recent statement. If you can find some room for such questions in your interview, I'd really appreciate it.

desu

1. News on first expansion?
2. Any plans on adjusting stats? (as of now best in slot or worst gear does not really matter. Get everything i90 and hit the accuracy cap, beyond that stats mean nothing in this game). What about extra things like + % on skill damage etc etc, to make different gear actually useful.

2. Lockouts in 2.2
Will there be item lockouts for 1-5 coil ?
Will there be lockouts for 6-9? (dungeon lockout, loot lockout, duty finder?)
What about drop rates? (we haven't seen some coil pieces in 3 or 4 months, not a single one of them)

3. Any plans improving raid content? A few turns of new coil all 6 months is not exactly much to keep people subbed to the game.

Redx508

What about the Gold saucer ask him if that's still a thing that's coming some day.Also if they planing on adding a gear preview

And about the PS4 ver will it be lock to 30fps or unlock

WolvenOne

1. News on first expansion?
2. Any plans on adjusting stats? (as of now best in slot or worst gear does not really matter. Get everything i90 and hit the accuracy cap, beyond that stats mean nothing in this game). What about extra things like + % on skill damage etc etc, to make different gear actually useful.

2. Lockouts in 2.2
Will there be item lockouts for 1-5 coil ?
Will there be lockouts for 6-9? (dungeon lockout, loot lockout, duty finder?)
What about drop rates? (we haven't seen some coil pieces in 3 or 4 months, not a single one of them)

3. Any plans improving raid content? A few turns of new coil all 6 months is not exactly much to keep people subbed to the game.

Well, if I remember correctly, they're planning on adding at least one new primal each update. Also, they're supposedly going to be alternating between Coil and Crystal Tower, in terms of Raid content. So in 2.2 we'll get more Coil, in 2.3 we'll get another CT raid.

Also premade 24 man groups should be hitting around 2.2, if previous statements are to be believed.

1. Will DirectX 11 bring new weather effects?

2. After 6 months several players still faces latency issues and other networking problems. Any plans to add a server in Europe or any other enhancements in that department?

desu

Well, if I remember correctly, they're planning on adding at least one new primal each update. Also, they're supposedly going to be alternating between Coil and Crystal Tower, in terms of Raid content. So in 2.2 we'll get more Coil, in 2.3 we'll get another CT raid.

I left CT out on purpose, at least curent CT is a bore and casual fest and I have no hopes that it will change with the next CT expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom