• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel guilty for dropping this after enjoying my week with GAF so much after transferring over, but I'm waiting for the ps4 version to sub. I'm surprised how much I got done in my free month back in Dec.

Hopefully I will be invited back in.

Just post in the board in the leave of absence thread. I'm sure they will understand your explanation.

Seik

Banned
So the game finished downloading on Febuary 7th around 10 pm.

I'm hooked, didn't leave the game almost all day during Saturday. I'm currently level 14.

I saw many people from the GAF clan 'Gather Against Fate' on Ultros, I'd like to join for sure, but is it worth adding me yet or should I just wait a bit a level up more?

Oh, and god damn this game looks good.

ffxiv_02092014_00462452jl5.png

EDIT: Am I the only one that prefers playing with a 360 controller so far? I think it does the job pretty well.

Stuart444

I saw many people from the GAF clan 'Gather Against Fate' on Ultros, I'd like to join for sure, but is it worth adding me yet or should I just wait a bit a level up more?

Yes, it is worth it for you. You will then 1. have a chat that isn't deadly silent most of the time and 2. can ask for help if you need it for dungeons or whatever.

You don't need to be a pro high level player to join by any stretch. You're very welcome to join and it really adds to the game having a community to call home, and it'll make it much easier to get help and build parties.

BadRNG

Sorry to disappoint those that wanted a stream of the kill, but do not worry Yennaiv, there is still plenty to laugh at in your ivory tower. Funniest part is 12:10 in my humble opinion.

Not exactly a clean kill but I'll take it. I'm proud of the group, especially since that was our first attempt with a slightly changed up strat, and that usually induces mass hysteria and confusion for us. Now just to do it all over again Monday...

All right guys it's that time again. I have another chance to speak to Yoshi-P so if you have any questions about the game/PS4 version I can try to ask them.
Soooo many thing come to mind.

- Any thoughts on making tome caps/lockouts/etc locked to jobs rather than character? For a game that is supposed to promote leveling multiple classes, you are heavily penalized for not focusing on a specific one. This ties in with the question about stat points as well, with the penalization only currently occurring for people who play SMN/SCH but will likely be an issue in the future as more jobs are introduced.

- Are there any plans to try and revitalize the economy? Their previous statement about how housing items would create a market were clearly mistaken, and have in fact only helped further crash it (along with the phil tome/materia/etc changes)

- What sort of class balance changes/modifications can we expect to see in 2.2?

- There have been talks of people banned for using parsers, any thoughts on that situation? And if he is against, when can we expect to be given proper mod support?

- It was mentioned before they may do more fights in the manner of Turn 4 moving forward, can we get any more hints about what is to come? Particularly curious if there will be more lengthy encounters like Twintania.

scosher

For that matter, I'd love to hear their thoughts on if stat allocation is turning out how they wanted, since there is basically no variation. There's no incentive to putting stats anywhere else but a job's primary stat.

Kagari! I echo Kenai's question here. Would like to know if Yoshi P plans on implementing some actual character/job customization, since stat allocation or cross-class skills only offer the illusion of choice.

Khatoz

Sorry to disappoint those that wanted a stream of the kill, but do not worry Yennaiv, there is still plenty to laugh at in your ivory tower. Funniest part is 12:10 in my humble opinion.

Not exactly a clean kill but I'll take it. I'm proud of the group, especially since that was our first attempt with a slightly changed up strat, and that usually induces mass hysteria and confusion for us. Now just to do it all over again Monday...

Congrats! Well now I can't laugh since you guys are on top of the Twintania Ivory loot tower as well.

Was that Bookey dying whilr trying to LB1 and causing no damage, yet using the bar.

Vitanimus

Thinking of jumping back into FFXIV after having to leave GAF on Ultros after University ate up too much of my time. I think I got to around level 35 SMN, although I'm kinda worried such a lengthy absence will make easing back into the game a bit harder both gameplay and story wise, and is also my first MMO.

Would it be a good idea to level up another class from level 1 to help get back into it? My only concern is for things like dungeons and parties where my inexperience will hinder everyone.

Congrats to Kagari, and the rest of the group too on beating T5!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Finally no more trading in @Immortal Flames
Finished it off both Supply and Provision mission & 500,000 Seals
OWBvQDwl.jpg

Switched allegiance to Twin Adder now, all Immortal Flame Gear became useless
Took me 2 days of earning roughly 25,000 seals just to turn in these damn items
vczpE9Ul.jpg

Create-Your-Own-Content is flourishing!
*DAT SCH DPS!*
nQRMtQBl.jpg

*So many buffs....*
6qiNls6l.jpg

Was blast overall
kIpc2Avl.jpg

Why not try Potato Man
*Someone cheated and went SMN...*
aM0JUuOl.jpg

*Me trying to wipe all of us by bring a mountain buster to greet all the delicious SCH's*
V7WrG9Gl.jpg

Can be done!
pSnGgvWl.jpg

Hard Mode is fun to do with different variations
Hilarious outcomes

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Yay for people dropping FFXIII spoilers in the middle of FC chat. Even if its from the LR demo, its not like some of us aren't still working our way through the trilogy or anything

-_-

suzu

Thinking of jumping back into FFXIV after having to leave GAF on Ultros after University ate up too much of my time. I think I got to around level 35 SMN, although I'm kinda worried such a lengthy absence will make easing back into the game a bit harder both gameplay and story wise, and is also my first MMO.

Would it be a good idea to level up another class from level 1 to help get back into it? My only concern is for things like dungeons and parties where my inexperience will hinder everyone.

I wouldn't worry too much. Leveling another class isn't a bad idea. You can always try a lower level dungeon / use dungeon roulette until you get your groove back too. Also you can rewatch main story cutscenes at any inn.

GraveRobberX

Yay for people dropping FFXIII spoilers in the middle of FC chat. Even if its from the LR demo, its not like some of us aren't still working our way through the trilogy or anything

-_-

That sucks, hope it wasn't very spoilerish in nature, only sprinkles of info

Getting 500,000 Serpent Seals + Daily turn ins for them will be a long goddamn process again
3-4 months =/

Then I'll have to do it again for Malestrom >_<

Hey Kags can you please ask when they will add more ranks to GC's?
We get access to 3, there's 3 more that are still not in use, hoping the add some stuff in for 2.2
Also FATE's really need to adjusted looked at, some of us still like doing them, but not spend 15+ minutes soloing one, some can't even soloed due to the way they are set up

GraveRobberX

Are you doing it for achievments? It's kind of the only thing I consider doing in the game at the moment.

Yeah lol

Not much end game stuff to do really

Do Coil Monday
Tuesday/Wednesday is CT/Primal EX
Thursday-Sunday twiddle your thumbs till reset on Monday
Can do the Daily Roulette for extra seals/tomes
Do your dailies

Hell today I got the Gobbue mount, so I'm done with both Beastmen tribes, there's no reason to do them, I mean no class leveled to benefit the XP from, and the gil and reward not a huge investment of time to go do them
I wish they let you keep doing Beastmen quests and you save XP reward and the stockpile you gain can give to other classes
Not all of it but %-wise of the level, the close your class/job level to the quest marker is the more XP you'd get out if it, so a level

2.2 still feels like an eternity away
Even EX primal sales are drying up and people starting to undercut cause that well is drying up

Tc91

I forgot my Registration Password for the phone app and can't log in :/

Sent a ticket in to support hopefully they can fix it.

Vitanimus

I forgot my Registration Password for the phone app and can't log in :/

Sent a ticket in to support hopefully they can fix it.

I'm in the same position too. Didn't make a note of my emergency removal password that would remedy the situation, so I guess it's kinda my fault. Hopefully they don't take too long in verifying our login info. :)

chrono01

Thanks for the video.

Not exactly a clean kill, as you said, but a win nonetheless! I'm sure over the next few weeks we can put together a more...professional attempt, especially since we've already beaten her so we should be able to relax a bit more. I'm just relieved that we were finally successful, even though my roll on the Allagan Scepter afterwards kind of depleted my hype. Don't worry, though. I still had plenty left-over, and I'm still genuinely happy for our other Black Mage and his obtaining of the weapon.

Yay, time for us to wip--I mean hopefully beat Twintania today.
Good luck to you all!

I am confident in your victory, or at least, plenty of practice. The fight definitely gets easier once you know what to expect, which is normal I guess. Still, RNG has a tendency to rear its ugly head from time-to-time, so just try to remain as positive as you can through the whole thing.

I hope for your success.

Well we can reliably get past conflags now. I made sure to do everything I could to help get conflags down in time but I still am fourth in dps so I still suck at my job and need to improve in some areas...hmmmz. We'll get there.

BLCKATK

Well we can reliably get past conflags now. I made sure to do everything I could to help get conflags down in time but I still am fourth in dps so I still suck at my job and need to improve in some areas...hmmmz. We'll get there.

Don't forget to count your pet! It adds quite a bit of dps when you rotate its cooldowns.

WolvenOne

Bah, gotta log back on and finish capping Myth. Kinda the last thing I want to do right now though. Just want to sit and look at places that are warm and sunny right now.

Early February bites!!!

Don't forget to count your pet! It adds quite a bit of dps when you rotate its cooldowns.

Touche, it's a shame my dps suffers in Phase 2 because most of the time I'm trying to keep my dots up with as much time as possible so I can Bane them to conflag asap.

Healed Brayflox for the first time as SCH...ugh ugh ugh. Never felt so scared healing any dungeon like that before. Kept my fairy on obey and that seemed to help. Was a dummy and forgot to use Galvanize until halfway through the dungeon. Who's bright idea was it to ensure SCH's can't heal debuffs until 40?

Did some more Twin practice tonight, I believe I have conflags down, pretty much know when to blow Energy Drain and Fester and when to not. Hopefully our group can push through the snakes phase and get through the rest. Feels like if we can handle divebomb stage, the rest should be easy (Not)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Did some more Twin practice tonight, I believe I have conflags down, pretty much know when to blow Energy Drain and Fester and when to not. Hopefully our group can push through the snakes phase and get through the rest. Feels like if we can handle divebomb stage, the rest should be easy (Not)

The intricacies of snakes and the transition to twisters phase is where most of the learning time is spent from what I've seen and experienced by the time my group beat it. Conflags are the easy part.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The intricacies of snakes and the transition to twisters phase is where most of the learning time is spent from what I've seen and experienced by the time my group beat it. Conflags are the easy part.

Yeah, the same was for our group as well. Hardest part of the fight, imo.

I need some advice regarding multiple service accounts. I currently have an active US PC account. I purchased a new AUS/EU PC license, to activate and link with my AUS/EU PSN account. As my active US PC account is currently attached to my primary e-mail address, I was unsure if I should create another Square Enix ID, or just add an additional service account to my existing ID. However, as I am not based in the U.S, I do not have a U.S. address I can confirm for the purpose of setting up a recurring subscription. If I add an additional service account (AUS/EU), will I be able to confirm my Australian address so as I can subscribe? Or will it still ask for a U.S. address?

Edit: I hope I have explained myself clearly. To be honest, I have found ARR's account system totally confusing.

suzu

Healed Brayflox for the first time as SCH...ugh ugh ugh. Never felt so scared healing any dungeon like that before. Kept my fairy on obey and that seemed to help. Was a dummy and forgot to use Galvanize until halfway through the dungeon. Who's bright idea was it to ensure SCH's can't heal debuffs until 40?

Brayflox's last boss is pretty terrrrrrrible as scholar.

chrono01

This is very true. Conflag/Fireball are definitely the easiest part of the fight, assuming you don't include the initial three dragon + Twintania phase [and maybe the final phase].

What makes the Asclepius --> Twisters/Dreadknight phase so dangerous are:

1) Making sure that Asclepius is dead before the next portion of the fight is ready, or at least, as close to dead as possible. Ideally you want him dead a few seconds before Twintania returns so everyone can position themselves in the Neural Links. This requires managing the stacking debuff from the smaller snakes so that when the "burn-phase" happens, you can kill him.

2) Positioning correctly for Twisters so you can DPS all aspects of the fight with as minimal movement as possible, while remaining as far away from where the Dreadknight spawn as you can [to give the DPS as much time as you can to kill them].

Once you get the Asclepius phase down and get more used to Twisters/Dreadknight and where to position yourselves, it gets a lot easier. Killing Asclepius and making a clean transition to the Twisters/Dreadknight, though, will require a lot of attempts/practice. At least, it did for us.

Sophia

Touche, it's a shame my dps suffers in Phase 2 because most of the time I'm trying to keep my dots up with as much time as possible so I can Bane them to conflag asap.

Probably the same person who had the idea of restricting them from healing a dungeon until six dungeons in anyhow. :p

Genius design move there, that...

And here I thought it was watching for red circles next to someones nameplate to see who lagging out this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom