• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT3| LFT Full Relic and DL Required

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did Brayflox only once as a SCH, still new to this.
I found it boringly easy, because the tank barely took any damage and I was DPSing most of the time. The boss battle was basically spamming heals on the tank and topping the DPSes that were vomited on.

I dread going there with a bad/new tank...

This marks the first week where I didn't get a drop in CT and it's hard to muster a darn about it. If there wasn't so much drama with the place, I'd run it more but eh.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
This marks the first week where I didn't get a drop in CT and it's hard to muster a darn about it. If there wasn't so much drama with the place, I'd run it more but eh.

I run it as tank and just Join in Progress, so good to be @KB or Arch lol

I cap hella fast due to this trick

One time I did Triple CT back to back and all 3 spawned me @KB, twice they killed it after I joined, one they wiped and had to do it again

I mean 330 philosophy + 150 Myth for less than 30 minutes of work is amazing!

Now I'm just grabbing gear to slot into vanity or just get the complete set

I go to CT as different roles depending on my mood.

Keen to get involved: tank
Slightly enthusiastic but not particularly engaged: healer
Don't care, just want the tomes: DPS

And if I'm after gear then I go as the job I want to gear up.

When I'm tanking, I always try to go for towers on King Behemoth, though, because I think that fight is where most CT drama tends to be concentrated and I don't really want to deal with 23 people and their egis howling at me if I mess something up or if they mess something up and blame me. (I already had one guy bitching at me because the iron giant he was tanking blew up my tower and apparently that was my fault!)

GraveRobberX

I have no clue why the new trend in CT is to tank the Iron Giant near towers

The huge cleave/swipe murders everything in that cone radius including the towers

You tank it in between 2 towers so it doesn't hit anyone, facing it away so the swipe just goes out of bound
For every 3 CT's that work properly, the next 2 for some the IQ just drops like a rock, no clue why

Welp, Amazon has the boxed version on sale again for $15, so I went ahead and ordered it.

Looking forward to giving this game a try, it sounds pretty interesting.

Tabris

I run it as tank and just Join in Progress, so good to be @KB or Arch lol

I cap hella fast due to this trick

One time I did Triple CT back to back and all 3 spawned me @KB, twice they killed it after I joined, one they wiped and had to do it again

I mean 330 philosophy + 150 Myth for less than 30 minutes of work is amazing!

Now I'm just grabbing gear to slot into vanity or just get the complete set

Except you know this practice of constantly dropping and joining to get an in progress is what causes that huge 5 mins "a member has withdrawn" saga when trying to start a CT with a party. I hope they figure out a solution for this as it's extremely annoying.

GraveRobberX

Except you know this practice of constantly dropping and joining to get an in progress is what causes that huge 5 mins "a member has withdrawn" saga when trying to start a CT with a party. I hope they figure out a solution for this as it's extremely annoying.

Well they should be severely punished, if you bounce it more than twice for the week, you lose rights to loot for that week, so if you had an emergency, that takes care of 1 strike, anything else, well say bye to loot for the week in CT

More annoying is the goddamn queue to start CT
So many damn withdraws cause everyone is trying to get 2-3 groups to run the same CT, fucking annoying as hell
Should cap it to 1 withdraw, afterwards, you can't, only commence, if your party member doesn't queue up, 5 minute penalty after the withdraw, fuck around keep stacking it till 30 minutes

Only reason I run JiP CT is bypass that retarded phase of just entering the damn instance

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

When I Q up as a tank, it isn't bad because of insta-pops. But when I Q as a DPS, that shit is infuriating. I think most tanks got their gear and moved on after the first month.

GraveRobberX

When I Q up as a tank, it isn't bad because of insta-pops. But when I Q as a DPS, that shit is infuriating. I think most tanks got their gear and moved on after the first month.

Well you only need 6 weeks to get full tank CT gear, we are in Week 10 since 2.1 released
2 more weeks, people will close to be having at least 2 classes/jobs geared to ilvl80+ if they went that route

Most of my gear for Tank is still in Coil
I only need Tank Body to get full CT set, next is BLM set, but most is gotten is through myth, but I want to finish that set off before I move onto DRG (which drops an ungodly amount)

Tabris

CT is amazing to pre-gear a non-level 50 job. You pick and choose the pieces that are actually good. I'm doing that with Monk right now.

WolvenOne

So, so far for 2.2, we've got two Extreme Mode Primal fights announced. Levithan EM, and King Mog EM. So, assuming they're going to aim for three Extreme Mode Primal Fights, like they did in 2.1, what do you think the third one will be?

WolvenOne

Yeah, one new primal per patch now.

Hm, well if that's indeed the case they probably aren't going to be able to introduce three new Extreme Primal Fights every patch then. I mean, they could do it this time if they decided to push out Ultima EM, but that'd leave them with only one new Extreme Primal for the patch after that.

So unless they start adding new Trials that aren't Primals, and EM them later on, we'll probably only be able to expect 1-2 EM fights per patch.

Kenai

what else can they make extreme? Extreme Cape Westwind? Extreme Ultima?

New Ultima Extreme: now dodge 800 lasers instead of 80!

I could see it becoming a thing if they ever
have it absorb the powers of all 6 Primals instead of just the current 3
I don't really know how they'd fit that into the story, but I'm sure they would if they wanted to.

WolvenOne

New Ultima Extreme: now dodge 800 lasers instead of 80!

I could see it becoming a thing if they ever
have it absorb the powers of all 6 Primals instead of just the current 3
I don't really know how they'd fit that into the story, but I'm sure they would if they wanted to.

Like the Minstrel said, these stories always get exaggerated later on. So the whole thing could be some storyteller in a bar, further exaggerating "Ultima's Bane." Really I thought that little line was put in deliberately to hint that an Ultima EM fight would be coming at some point.

Tc91

I'm in the same position too. Didn't make a note of my emergency removal password that would remedy the situation, so I guess it's kinda my fault. Hopefully they don't take too long in verifying our login info. :)

Did you get an answer yet? Wanted to resub whilst I wait for the Diablo expansion :(

Aeana

The more I play SCH, the more I envy them for all the mp they have. I wish I had all these MP regeneration options as WHM.
I think the trade-offs in utilty and freecure and the reduced MP cure 3 proc balance it out well enough. A really good WHM who is splitting the workload evenly with the SCH shouldn't run out of MP either way. If they are it means they're probably taking on more than they need to be and they should relax a little bit and put some trust in the SCH. The synergy between SCH and WHM is one of the most well-balanced things about this game. I can't give SE enough props for it.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Do I have to buy a PS3 copy of FF14 to play the PS4 beta? Or can I just download the beta or something...? This'll be my first ever MMO and I'm not sure if I'll like it, but I'm excited. :)

I hope in the future, they give SMN a Leviathan and Mog egi and perhaps give SCH a new pet or two. Perhaps a pet that cast abilities like Haste/Slow or Stop.

I think the trade-offs in utilty and freecure and the reduced MP cure 3 proc balance it out well enough. A really good WHM who is splitting the workload evenly with the SCH shouldn't run out of MP either way. If they are it means they're probably taking on more than they need to be and they should relax a little bit and put some trust in the SCH. The synergy between SCH and WHM is one of the most well-balanced things about this game. I can't give SE enough props for it.

Oh yes, so much. Working together with a SCH and knowing beforehand what our roles in the fight will be and sticking to them makes for such a well coordinated fight. I always embrace working with a SCH in 8 man content over working with another WHM because they work together so well. I have had some fights working with a SCH where I hardly ever had to worry about MP, I love those fights.

What about an Odin Egi? ;)

I'd prefer a baby Behemoth egi instead!

desu

After over 3 months I finally got my Allagan bow (as last player to even get a single Allagan weapon).

We also got our 4th Caster Choker in a row, seriously thats like winning the lottery <.<

Kenai

I did Brayflox only once as a SCH, still new to this.
I found it boringly easy, because the tank barely took any damage and I was DPSing most of the time. The boss battle was basically spamming heals on the tank and topping the DPSes that were vomited on.

I dread going there with a bad/new tank...

See, that's the thing. I much prefer it being boring (good tank/dps meeting "enrages") to 9th level hell (the opposite) so I never complain about being bored during randoms/pugs as a healer. If you don't need to heal, throw up some DoTs and Bane/Ruin (and be grateful ::p)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Nope! I just got an email receipt saying they received my email so... The longer I wait the more I wanna jump back into it.

This time, save the email with the emergency code and take a screenshot of the in-app display of the emergency code.

There is no reason for people to not keep this code handy since it warns you several times and even sends you an email with bold red letters about it.

After over 3 months I finally got my Allagan bow (as last player to even get a single Allagan weapon).

We also got our 4th Caster Choker in a row, seriously thats like winning the lottery <.<

You are not giving me a lot of hope about getting my weapon anytime soon.

GraveRobberX

Grats on bow!

Now when do you retire =D

You are not giving me a lot of hope about getting my weapon anytime soon.

Wait for 2.2, Farm Turn 5, get all ilvl85 weapon which then will get replaced instantly with ilvl95-100 Leviathan weapons

J-Rod

I really hate the whole cure proc mechanic for whm because it is so uninvolved. Since whm is a reactive healer, you're going to want to throw the appropriate cure for the situation at hand which means there isn't much you can do to work it to your advantage. You sort of can on trash, but mp isn't an issue in those cases.

Aeana

I really hate the whole cure proc mechanic for whm because it is so uninvolved. Since whm is a reactive healer, you're going to want to throw the appropriate cure for the situation at hand which means there isn't much you can do to work it to your advantage. You sort of can on trash, but mp isn't an issue in those cases.
Well, it's supposed to incentivize using lower power cures. I think freecure procs often enough that it's usually up when you absolutely need to throw out a cure 2. Not always, but often in my experience. That aspect just lets you min/max your MP usage and squeeze out that extra efficiency. I like it.

omlet

I have no clue why the new trend in CT is to tank the Iron Giant near towers

The huge cleave/swipe murders everything in that cone radius including the towers

You tank it in between 2 towers so it doesn't hit anyone, facing it away so the swipe just goes out of bound
Terrible OTs don't even know how to pick up giants when they spawn.

Bad OTs tank giants near towers.

Mediocre OTs tank giants right in between towers where tornadoes spawn.

Good OTs tank giants between a tower and where tornadoes spawn, facing it away from tower, so mDPS can kill it quickly without getting hurt.

I have never seen a good giant tank in CT that wasn't me. To their credit, I don't see many terrible/bad OTs anymore, either.

Wait for 2.2, Farm Turn 5, get all ilvl85 weapon which then will get replaced instantly with ilvl95-100 Leviathan weapons

Coil weapons are i95, yo.

8th clear this week and we saw our first bow... and our 2nd bard belt... and we don't even take a bard to T5... :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom